Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)

Read 8660 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Dec 10, 2006 02:43:56 pm
      What do you's think?
      He's a cracker little player.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2008 08:38:25 am by Court LFC »
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Re: Get rid of Pennant, forget about Wright-Phillips... go in for Lennon??
      Reply #1: Dec 10, 2006 02:55:41 pm
      I agree Pennant was a big fish in a little pond at Birmingham but now hes a tiny fish in a massive pond.
      If we get taken over by this shake we will put an offer in for lennon that he and Tottenham cant refuse and maybe we could get Defoe aswell, as Martin Jol doesent seem to like him.

So lets hope for the best!!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 10, 2006 03:37:07 pm
      Lennons definatly the better off the three. Pennant has improved in recent games, but that wasnt hard to do. Lets reserve judgement until the end of the season.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2006 10:16:23 pm by Court_LFC »
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 10, 2006 08:04:11 pm
      funnily enough i was thinking of buying him the other day he would be a good signing to make(lennon)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Dec 10, 2006 10:20:29 pm
      I agree Pennant was a big fish in a little pond at Birmingham but now hes a tiny fish in a massive pond.
      Couldn't agree more.
      I was willing to give Pennant a chance to prove himself but he's only satisfied me a little bit.
      But don't get me wrong, no one can say Pennant isn't a good player. Liverpool just doesn't seem to match his style of play.
      We are unique.
      Thats what makes us who we are.
      Liverpool Football Club
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 10, 2006 10:58:47 pm
      Pennant is a good player but only has "plan a" and that is hug the touchline and cross the ball in. He needs to get involved with build up play more... make short passes and cut across the field to make options for others to pass and get in space but he don't do that... thats what Alves & Simao would bring to us!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Dec 10, 2006 11:33:27 pm
      funnily enough I was thinking of buying him the other day he would be a good signing to make(lennon)

How much money have you got Willow?? ;)

I agree with the title of this thread.  I think Lennon is the most promising of them all.  A real asset to his club.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2006 12:13:43 am
      With Simao and Lennon hugging the touchlines at Anfield the super reds would be unstoppable! I shouldn't really knock Pennant because he probably needs all the support he can get but he seems to me to be disinterested and doesn't show the passion or enthusiasum that you need to play for a club like ours.  Maybe given time this will change but at the minute i can't see it.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2006 11:13:00 am
      Simao is a dirty Portuguees International that crashed us out of the CL last season.
      No thanks.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2006 01:24:34 pm
      Even so he would still be a good addition to the squad.  Not that its even going to happen but til it does I would agree that he is a dirty portuguese git
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 11, 2006 03:59:20 pm
      How much money have you got Willow?? ;)

I agree with the title of this thread.  I think Lennon is the most promising of them all.  A real asset to his club.
      you know what i mean JD
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Sep 27, 2008 11:48:21 am
      From Caught offside
      http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/09/26/are-liverpool-planning-major-transfer-swoop-on-spurs/

Liverpool have been linked with a move to sign highly-rated England winger Aaron Lennon from struggling Tottenham Hotspur in January.

Anfield manager Rafael Benitez seems to be using strikers as wingers and it has been said that the former Valencia coach wants to alter that. Liverpool are set to dig into the market when the winter transfer window opens.

Spurs are struggling in the bottom three of the Premier League at the moment and although there is no indication that Lennon is interested in moving away from White Hart Lane any time soon, Rafa could lure him to Anfield by convincing him he can exhibit his talent and calibre in the UEFA Champions League as well as compete for the Premier League title.

So are Spurs in danger of letting go one of their best players in January?

---------------------------------------------------------------

IMO A better option than Pennant
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2008 12:22:34 pm
      Would be excellent if we could make a move for him. Tottenham lingering around the botom of the table will help too so hopefully they don't go on a winning streak! :D
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2008 07:49:47 pm
      Lennon was a real prospect but he went off the boil at the end of last season.  Haven't seen much of him this term but, if he can reproduce his best, he would be worth a bid.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2008 07:53:21 pm
      All the commentators go on about how poor his end product is all the time. But then they're commentators :D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #15: Sep 27, 2008 11:50:33 pm
      First, I want us to keep Pennant but if he has to do-one i think Lennon could potentially be a class signing for us.. He is definitely an exciting player. I don't think totty would let him go anytime soon though. I also think Totty will eventually buck there ideas up, they've got a little too much class to remain at the bottom although it is funny to watch...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #16: Sep 28, 2008 12:11:04 am
      All the commentators go on about how poor his end product is all the time. But then they're commentators :D
      Good point! why can't we have Pennant and Lennon? 2 wingers are better than 1!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #17: Sep 28, 2008 05:06:56 am
      So how much are people willing to spend on Lennon?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #18: Sep 28, 2008 08:41:43 pm
      Spurs would probably want about 20 m for him. Can't see us paying that. Has to be a better option than Pennant though. I think Rafa would get more out of him than Spurs have to date. Also as said earlier, the champions league would be a massive draw for him, and if we are still in top two in Jan, that would bean even bigger draw.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Sep 29, 2008 08:44:40 am
      F***ing hell.  I created this topic near 2 years a go.

What made anyone dig this back up?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Sep 29, 2008 09:00:57 am
      that would be me  ;)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1518.msg179231.html#msg179231

New speculation because Spurs asre Tragic and Liverpool are Magic
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Sep 29, 2008 09:36:30 am
      He has no end product though, i'm sure we could find better for the 12-15 million he would cost us.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #22: Sep 29, 2008 09:36:54 pm
      Pennant-Wright Philips-Lennon...all of them are the same

Quick Reply