Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 426600 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #2967: Aug 22, 2014 08:54:10 pm
      Manc U21's as dirty as their senior counterparts.

Edit: Also slow as sh*te just like the seniors.

I think we make every team look slow mate.  We're rapid at every age group  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,606 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2968: Aug 23, 2014 03:23:05 am
      Liverpool the better team in large portions of the game.
      Gutted we let them back in so quickly after the goal.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2969: Sep 12, 2014 07:07:38 pm
      u21s playing now at upton park! already a great save coming from our new keeper..
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,310 posts | 1004 
      Reply #2970: Sep 12, 2014 09:01:37 pm
      Wow, they did really well, won 0-4 and were impressive. I really enjoyed watching it.
      Well done lads.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2971: Sep 12, 2014 09:50:04 pm
      Ojo looking like a player above the youth team - players which can do that on a regular basis have a chance at making it here. Very nice.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,606 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2972: Sep 12, 2014 10:26:03 pm
      Ojo had a cracking game.
      Great to see Yesil get a goal, and the new keeper looks good/nuts.

Score
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2973: Sep 20, 2014 03:47:33 pm
      Our Champions League B List squad has been updated with the following additions.

32 Brannagan
      39 Fulton
      40 Kent
      41 Dunn
      42 Lussey
      43 McLaughlin
      49 Williams
      51 Jones
      54 Ojo

Congratulations lads, very well deserved.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #2974: Oct 16, 2014 11:21:26 pm
      U21s seem to be having an up 'n' down season so far with the emphasis on the down. I hope it's just a transitional phase due to the all of the changes that have been imposed.

I personally think that too many wrong decisions have been made with regards to staff changes and promotions and also highly questionable player releases.

I still don't think that Inglethorpe is the right man for the job and would love for him to prove me wrong - just can't see it happening though!

jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #2975: Oct 17, 2014 07:00:58 am
      U21s seem to be having an up 'n' down season so far with the emphasis on the down. I hope it's just a transitional phase due to the all of the changes that have been imposed.

I personally think that too many wrong decisions have been made with regards to staff changes and promotions and also highly questionable player releases.

I still don't think that Inglethorpe is the right man for the job and would love for him to prove me wrong - just can't see it happening though!

Would love to hear Red Debs thoughts. She seems like she's got her finger on the pulse in regards to the kids!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2976: Oct 17, 2014 06:39:10 pm

Would love to hear Red Debs thoughts. She seems like she's got her finger on the pulse in regards to the kids!

You shouldn't draw any conclusions from the results or league standings at Youth level, it's all about the development of each individual player.  So long as they are achieving their personal targets during the season that's what is considered success.

Inglethorpe isn't the u21's coach anymore, he's been promoted to Academy Director and Michael Beale has been brought in from Wigan to take over the u21's.  Prior to Wigan he was at the Ajax Academy and is considered one of the best Youth Coaches in Europe. 

I understand your concerns regarding the Academy Scally, there has been a lot of changes during the last couple of years but I do believe we will reap the rewards in the next few seasons.  Brendan never doubted the talent we had/have they just weren't/haven't been prepared properly for life as a professional player, hence they weren't/aren't ready to make a sustained bid for 1st team football.  He's addressed/addressing that by making those changes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2977: Oct 18, 2014 09:55:57 am
      You shouldn't draw any conclusions from the results or league standings at Youth level, it's all about the development of each individual player.  So long as they are achieving their personal targets during the season that's what is considered success.

Inglethorpe isn't the u21's coach anymore, he's been promoted to Academy Director and Michael Beale has been brought in from Wigan to take over the u21's.  Prior to Wigan he was at the Ajax Academy and is considered one of the best Youth Coaches in Europe. 

I understand your concerns regarding the Academy Scally, there has been a lot of changes during the last couple of years but I do believe we will reap the rewards in the next few seasons.  Brendan never doubted the talent we had/have they just weren't/haven't been prepared properly for life as a professional player, hence they weren't/aren't ready to make a sustained bid for 1st team football.  He's addressed/addressing that by making those changes.

Spot on Debs, the obsession with results even at youth level is scary. I am fully confident that if BR thinks someone is good enough he will get the chance, Inglethorpe must be highly rated to be in charge of the academy and doing things at international level. There is real talent in the likes of Wilson, Kent, Ojo and Sinclair, Rossiter, Williams and I think a couple of those will be in and around the squad pretty soon.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #2978: Oct 18, 2014 05:46:53 pm
      Spot on Debs, the obsession with results even at youth level is scary. I am fully confident that if BR thinks someone is good enough he will get the chance, Inglethorpe must be highly rated to be in charge of the academy and doing things at international level. There is real talent in the likes of Wilson, Kent, Ojo and Sinclair, Rossiter, Williams and I think a couple of those will be in and around the squad pretty soon.

It's not so much an obsession with results nor is there any dispute in some of our talent. It's the fact that there was clear progress being made by Rodo and Frank. They were the ones mainly responsible for bringing in the 'talent' you've named above. Compare that against who Inglethorpe has brought in - Vigouroux and Stewart :f_whistle:

All of these new format changes haven't helped much either i.e. the Professional Development League.

I didn't realise how 'young' our U21 squad is:-

56    Ryan Fulton              GK                  23 May 1996 (age 18)        
         Lawrence Vigouroux       GK                  19 November 1993 (age 20)        
      52    Danny Ward              GK                  22 June 1993 (age 21)    
         Daniel Cleary               CB                   9 March 1996 (age 18)              
      51     Lloyd Jones                CB                   7 October 1995 (age 19)        
      43     Ryan McLaughlin       RB                   30 September 1994 (age 20)       
          Joe Maguire                LB                   18 January 1996 (age 18)           
      56     Rafa Paez Cardona       CB                   10 August 1994 (age 20)    
      60     Connor Randall                RB/MF                   21 October 1995 (age 18)           
      44     Brad Smith               LB/LW                    9 April 1994 (age 20)    
      55     Kevin Stewart                RB/ LB                    7 September 1993 (age 21)       
      49     Jordan Williams              CB/DM                    6 November 1995 (age 18)           
      32     Cameron Brannagan      MF/AM                    9 May 1996 (age 18)        
         Pedro Chirivella               DM/MF                   23 May 1997 (age 17)           
      63    Jordan Lussey              DM/MF                    2 November 1994 (age 19)       
         Alex O’Hanlon              MF/LW/RW/AM/LB    24 April 1996 (age 18)           
      54    Sheyi Ojo                      CM/AM/LW/RW    19 June 1997 (age 17)           
      42    Marc Pelosi              MF/LW/RW/AM/LB    17 June 1994 (age 20)        
      46    Jordan Rossiter              DM/MF                    24 March 1997 (age 17)           
      53    João Carlos Teixeira      CM/AM/LW            18 January 1993 (age 21)        
      61    Daniel Trickett-Smith      AM                            10 September 1995 (age 19)
      41    Jack Dunn                      LW/RW/AM/FW    19 November 1994 (age 19)             
      40    Ryan Kent                 RW/LWFW            11 November 1996 (age 17)           
      48    Jerome Sinclair         FW                            20 September 1996 (age 18)           
         Harry Wilson          RW/LWFW            22 March 1997 (age 17)           
      36    Samed Yesil         FW                            25 May 1994 (age 20)

I think the rule pertaining to only three outfield players and one goalkeeper over 21 being allowed to play will hasten some departures. Teixeira's contract is up next year and I get the impression he doesn't feature in Brendans plans and will be let go. Yesil has been unfortunate with injuries but again with murmurs of him leaving this summer to Turkey I don't see him featuring in Brendans plans and will be replaced by probably Messi, I mean Canos.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2979: Jan 26, 2015 09:46:40 am
      Big game for our u21's tonight, away at the mancs.  For anyone with nothing else to do it's the featured game on MNF, SS1 from 6.45pm or on lfc.tv if you subscribe.

It's been so long since I watched the 21's I've forgotten who normally plays especially with so many being out on loan now :D.  I'm guessing Ibe could get a run out as he'll not be part of tomorrows game due to being cup tied.

Liverpool U21s face Manchester United at Leigh Sports Village on Monday night, and you can watch the whole game live on LFCTV HD from 6.30pm GMT.

Kick-off is at 7pm but for the best build-up to the game join Mark Benstead alongside former Reds Gary Gillespie and David Fairclough.

Michael Beale's side last played a competitive league game on December 17 when they drew 1-1 away at Norwich City, and the youngsters are itching to get back in action against their arch-rivals.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2980: Jan 26, 2015 03:31:50 pm

Wow, on SS1? :o  Will defo be watching tonight!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2981: Jan 26, 2015 06:10:27 pm
      U21s side to face Man United: Vigouroux, McLaughlin, Maguire, Randall, Williams, Chirivella, Canos, Brannagan, Sinclair, Ibe, Ojo.

Excited!!, can't wait to see Brannagan and Williams play, want to see what they offer!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2982: Jan 26, 2015 06:19:55 pm
      U21s side to face Man United: Vigouroux, McLaughlin, Maguire, Randall, Williams, Chirivella, Canos, Brannagan, Sinclair, Ibe, Ojo.

Excited!!, can't wait to see Brannagan and Williams play, want to see what they offer!!

That's a pretty strong squad and ooof! what pace up front.  Canos, Branagan, Sinclair, Ojo and Ibe will run them ragged  ;D
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,310 posts | 1004 
      Reply #2983: Jan 26, 2015 06:29:56 pm
      Wow, on SS1? :o  Will defo be watching tonight!!!

Thanks for that, didn't realise we were on TV, made up, love watching the youngsters and against The Mancs, could Monday night get any better!
      Come on you Redmen!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2984: Jan 26, 2015 06:38:11 pm
      Go on young Reds tear these fuckers a new one !

Exciting times ahead with our youngsters, you only have to look at the front lads to see the talent we have, Ibe, Ojo, Branagan , pace a plenty , backed up with Williams, Chireleva, Mcglaughlin etc

Love it just love it when we tank them young Scummers

1-3 young Redmen

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2985: Jan 26, 2015 06:41:22 pm
      Let's see how well our attacking players can do against one of the top goalies in the world, pre injury.  Thats a very strong scum team, experience wise.  3 of the back 4 with PL experience this season.

Come on you young Reds!!

Utd team: Valdés, McNair, Thorpe, Blackett, Vermijl, Anderson, Pereira, James, Powell, Lingard, Janko

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2986: Jan 26, 2015 06:48:34 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2987: Jan 26, 2015 06:50:09 pm
      A 20m mid and a multi champions league winner in net, Valdes must be loving life at United :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2988: Jan 26, 2015 07:07:32 pm
      A 20m mid and a multi champions league winner in net, Valdes must be loving life at United :D

First of all I forgot Anderson existed. Then I forgot he cost £20m! ;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2989: Jan 26, 2015 07:16:37 pm
      Ibe looking a class above everyone else on the pitch with his touches and flicks.

Quick Reply