Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 426529 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #3082: Mar 09, 2015 07:32:31 pm
      This is a proper derby is this. End to end with no holds barred tackling.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3083: Mar 09, 2015 07:58:33 pm
      I wonder if super-sub Fairclough will ever age?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3084: Mar 09, 2015 08:30:37 pm
      I knew there was something I had to record tonight! What's the score guys?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3085: Mar 09, 2015 08:30:43 pm
      F**k :f_wah:
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3086: Mar 09, 2015 08:32:53 pm
      I knew there was something I had to record tonight! What's the score guys?

You might have just jinxed it mate :f_tongueincheek: ;D Bluenoses went 1 up just as you asked.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3087: Mar 09, 2015 08:35:50 pm
      Great birthday present for the lad. Come on lads - get the winner now!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3088: Mar 09, 2015 08:35:57 pm
      And Cleary equalises.

I don't get the way referees allow kids at this age to kick lumps out of the opposition.  A lot of these challenges wouldn't be allowed in the EPL so why encourage kids to do it by not penalising them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3089: Mar 09, 2015 08:48:37 pm
      Sinclair giving the ball away a fair bit from what I've seen.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3090: Mar 09, 2015 08:54:31 pm
      Oh what a goal from Harry Wilson.  Out of knowhere, for (hopefully) the winner in stoppage time.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3091: Mar 09, 2015 08:55:41 pm
      WHAT A GOAL.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3092: Mar 09, 2015 08:57:16 pm
      You little beauty harry, fantastic goal, great result
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3093: Mar 09, 2015 08:57:58 pm
      Sounds like it'll be worth catching the game when its repeated at some point in the next few days.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3094: Mar 09, 2015 08:58:01 pm
      Good win to move us up the table.  Last time I looked we were 3 points behind the scum who were top but we had 2 games in hand, not sure how up to date that is now though.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3095: Mar 09, 2015 09:00:48 pm
      The Welsh don't half come up with the lefties, don't they?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3096: Mar 09, 2015 09:03:38 pm
      The Welsh don't half come up with the lefties, don't they?

If he wins half as much as "that" other Welsh lefty whilst playing in Liverpool red I'll be a very happy bunny mate  ;D
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3097: Mar 09, 2015 09:06:12 pm
      If he wins half as much as "that" other Welsh lefty whilst playing in Liverpool red I'll be a very happy bunny mate  ;D

;D

And I bet they're cursing themselves for keeping the wrong Harry too. Knobheads.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3098: Mar 09, 2015 09:09:52 pm
      ;D

And I bet they're cursing themselves for keeping the wrong Harry too. Knobheads.

Haha yeah I've heard about that mix up, dim wits if true.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3099: Mar 09, 2015 11:10:28 pm
      Missed the 2nd half, but so happy we won!!!!

Read that they had to tie Sakho up at HT because he wanted to play the 2nd half :D :D

How was Williams in CM btw?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3100: Mar 10, 2015 01:04:39 am
      Missed the 2nd half, but so happy we won!!!!

Read that they had to tie Sakho up at HT because he wanted to play the 2nd half :D :D

How was Williams in CM btw?

Can understand why Brendan keeps calling him up. He's got a great footballing brain, reads the game well, not afraid of tackling either. As evident when he was the center of attention on a full-team near mass brawl ;D ;D To be fair though the tackle didn't look half as bad on the replay and it was more down to the fact that the blue noses were making a right meal of it. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3101: Mar 10, 2015 11:24:09 am
      I thought we gave a very professional performance last night. 

As usual with games against the blueshite they tried to kick us off the park rather than play football.  We always struggle against those tactics but we gave as good as we got yesterday and came out with the victory which puts us in joint top place with the scum and spuds but with a game in hand.

'Mamadou gave young Reds derby warning'
      10th Mar 2015 - Latest News

Liverpool's youngsters scarcely needed added motivation to beat Everton U21s on Monday night, but they left the dressing rooms at half-time with Mamadou Sakho's words ringing in their ears.

The Frenchman played his first minutes for the Reds since starting against Besiktas at Anfield last month as he continued his return to full fitness with a first-half run-out in the mini-derby.

After a solid and uncompromising display at the Chester Swansway Stadium, Sakho, as planned, was withdrawn at the interval to be replaced by Brad Smith with the scores locked at 0-0.

As the young Reds were limbering up for the second half against their rivals from across Stanley Park, the towering Sakho made them promise that in his absence there would be no let-up in the battle.

"Sakho is an unbelievable professional," U21s manager Michael Beale told Liverpoolfc.com as he reflected on a breathtaking 2-1 victory which had been inspired by the sheer ingenuity of Harry Wilson.

"That's the second time - after last year when he played against West Ham United - that he's joined us [at U21 level]. I thought he was outstanding in the first half.

"What a role model for our boys. When they were leaving at half-time, he was saying, 'don't lose this game - make sure you win'.

"I said that the boys would definitely win because they would be scared to go back in there and face him!

"I think he showed his level. There's a big jump between the Premier League and the U21s and Sakho showed that in the first half."

Liverpool were the more convincing of the two sides, but Everton struck first when Gethin Jones seized upon Lloyd Jones' misplaced pass and tucked the ball inside to Tom Ledson, who curled a sublime opener.

However, substitute Daniel Cleary nodded the Reds' equaliser on his 19th birthday before another substitute, Wilson, surged in from the right and unleashed an unstoppable drive, which flew into the top corner in the 93rd minute.

"Harry was very disappointed to miss out [from the start]," said Beale. "I thought the game would be very tense early on. I said to him that I thought he'd come on and get the winner.

"Whether he believed me or not, he certainly delivered at the end. I was just calling for [the players] to get him the ball - I was probably screaming too much, really. I just felt that he'd get the chance. We all know Harry can produce that.

"We scored at the right time through Danny, who was also disappointed to be left out. So they were the two boys who impressed me the most because they came out of a really good team performance last week [against Chelsea] and they both came on and got the goals.

"Dan's had a fantastic season to this point, so let's see how he goes."

Jordan Williams, meanwhile, who has been on the first-team bench for the Reds' last four fixtures, turned in a commanding display, first in defence and then further forward in a midfield berth.

"I think you see a massive difference in Jordan," said Beale. "I remember last year he was coming into the team after a long injury and now you can see that power and that confidence that's stemmed from training with the first team every day.

"We've got to make sure we keep giving him minutes when we can. It's obviously exciting that he's at Melwood and I'm sure he'll be a Liverpool player for years to come."
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3102: Mar 10, 2015 11:53:35 am
      Just watched the game from last night, what a finish that was by Wilson!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3103: Mar 10, 2015 12:01:41 pm
      Just watched the game from last night, what a finish that was by Wilson!

Same here mate as I watched it on a stream last night due to Paul wanting to watch the FA Cup game, it was a great finish. 

Great to hear the he's now got 19 goals this season and from the wing, that phenomenal!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3104: Mar 10, 2015 12:07:03 pm
      Same here mate as I watched it on a stream last night due to Paul wanting to watch the FA Cup game, it was a great finish. 

Great to hear the he's now got 19 goals this season and from the wing, that phenomenal!!

Don't want to get ahead of myself but I really don't think it'll be that long before he gets an opportunity in the first team, possibly a season or two away at most. I'd expect him to be on the plane to Australia in the summer so should be good to see him with the first team there.

Quick Reply