Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 426370 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #4048: Jan 16, 2017 08:40:16 pm

0-0 with 11 mins of the 90 left.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #4049: Jan 16, 2017 08:44:25 pm
      0-0 with 11 mins of the 90 left.

Cheers mate
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4050: Jan 16, 2017 08:54:44 pm
      1-0 them,last minute.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4051: Jan 16, 2017 08:55:29 pm
      Typical LFC defending from a set piece. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4052: Jan 21, 2017 07:07:34 pm
      The u23s have a Premier League Cup game tomorrow lunchtime at home to Ipswich.  The game is live on lfc.tv from 12.30pm, ko at 1pm.

Liverpool U23s host Ipswich Town in the Premier League Cup at Prenton Park on Sunday afternoon, and they would love your support.

Kick-off is at 1pm GMT as the young Reds aim to impress once again.

So far in the Premier League Cup group stage, Mike Garrity's side have recorded two victories and drawn one game as they top Group G.

The U23s will be looking to bounce back from Monday's Anfield defeat by Manchester United when they face the Tractor Boys at Tranmere.

If you would like to go to the game, admission on the gate is just £4 for adults and £1 for children and concessions.

Members and season ticket holders can gain admission free of charge, simply by bringing their cards to the ground.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4053: Jan 22, 2017 12:47:33 pm
      Here we go then time for the mini Reds to put smiles back on our faces.  We beat these 3-0 in the reverse fixture and we're sitting top of our group in the competition.

Grabara, Moreno, Matip, Gomez, Randall, Woodburn, Stewart, Alves, Ojo, Wilson, Brewster.

Great game for Matip to get some minutes and interesting to see Woodburn in the midfield Gini role playing next to Stewart.  He did well I thought against Plymouth when he dropped in there.

That's a mighty strong lineup, apart from Grabara and Brewster all of them have 1st team experience.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4054: Jan 22, 2017 01:01:30 pm
      Here we go then time for the mini Reds to put smiles back on our faces.  We beat these 3-0 in the reverse fixture and we're sitting top of our group in the competition.

Grabara, Moreno, Matip, Gomez, Randall, Woodburn, Stewart, Alves, Ojo, Wilson, Brewster.

Great game for Matip to get some minutes and interesting to see Woodburn in the midfield Gini role playing next to Stewart.  He did well I thought against Plymouth when he dropped in there.

That's a mighty strong lineup, apart from Grabara and Brewster all of them have 1st team experience.

Seen a bit of Brewster for the under 18's and he looks good
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4055: Jan 22, 2017 01:03:59 pm
      Seen a bit of Brewster for the under 18's and he looks good

He's had a great season so far mate.  Scoring for fun at all levels too.  Hat trick in one of the behind closed doors 1st team friendly, 5 in 3 for England u16s and lost count of his u18s goals.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4056: Jan 22, 2017 01:29:26 pm
      Great goal from Paolo Alves.  Lovely cross field ball out to the right wing from Moreno, ball in to Wilson, then to Woodburn on the edge of the area who played a beauty through to Alves who smashed it left footed into the top corner.

We're terrorising these, Ojo on the left and Wilson on the right, Brewster up top all looking great.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4057: Jan 22, 2017 01:32:26 pm
      Brewster with a corker, ok so it got a deflection but he buried it, on the volley from the  middle of the penalty area.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4058: Jan 22, 2017 01:42:15 pm
      Anyone not watching this is missing a cracking game and the chance to see what these lads really play like when played together.

I think Alberto's found his level, he looks decent today.

He does mate but he's not exactly needed in defense so doesn't need to think too much.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4059: Jan 22, 2017 01:47:28 pm
      Anyone not watching this is missing a cracking game and the chance to see what these lads really play like when played together.

He does mate but he's not exactly needed in defense so doesn't need to think too much.

Glad they are playing well today but how come the same players were sh*te against Plymouth?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4060: Jan 22, 2017 01:59:48 pm
      Young lads look great today.

Wilson and Woodburn in particular.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4061: Jan 22, 2017 02:02:45 pm
      Glad they are playing well today but how come the same players were sh*te against Plymouth?

Because they were playing against seasoned professionals that are flying high at the top of the league, that train together as a team on a daily basis and know every trick in the book. 

If you were paying attention you'd have noticed the difference in play once Sturridge and Coutinho went off and Ojo and Wilson came on.  The front players were playing on instinct, knowing where their teammates would be, you know a bit like how the seniors play when Cou, Bobby, Mane, Lallana and Gini all play together.

Ffs!!  This is my one F***ing place of solitude and optimism, if you wanna be negative go back to the whinging bas**rds infesting every other thread and leave those of us who enjoy youth footy in peace  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4062: Jan 22, 2017 02:04:27 pm
      Because they were playing against seasoned professionals that are flying high at the top of the league, that train together as a team on a daily basis and know every trick in the book. 

If you were paying attention you'd have noticed the difference in play once Sturridge and Coutinho went off and Ojo and Wilson came on.  The front players were playing on instinct, knowing where their teammates would be, you know a bit like how the seniors play when Cou, Bobby, Mane, Lallana and Gini all play together.

Ffs!!  This is my one f**king place of solitude and optimism, if you wanna be negative go back to the whinging bas**rds infesting every other thread and leave those of us who enjoy youth footy in peace  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tell him Debs ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4063: Jan 22, 2017 02:09:20 pm

Ffs!!  This is my one f**king place of solitude and optimism, if you wanna be negative go back to the whinging bas**rds infesting every other thread and leave those of us who enjoy youth footy in peace  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, you go back to burying your head in the sand and join Klopp in believing we actually have a squad of players, if you include youngsters, who can't outplay players from 3 divisions below us. :-)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4064: Jan 22, 2017 02:15:01 pm
      Sorry, you go back to burying your head in the sand and join Klopp in believing we actually have a squad of players, if you include youngsters, who can't outplay players from 3 divisions below us. :-)

You do know we won that game don't you, so we kinda did outplay them  :P
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4065: Jan 22, 2017 02:19:53 pm
      You do know we won that game don't you, so we kinda did outplay them  :P

Wow can i have a go with those rose tinted glasses, I think I need them right now :-)

Honestly I want to be positive and a good win on Wednesday and I'll be back but Klopp needs to do some work and make some changes. I have faith in him though.

BTW how are the reserves getting on now?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4066: Jan 22, 2017 02:21:12 pm
      Wow can i have a go with those rose tinted glasses, I think I need them right now :-)

Honestly I want to be positive and a good win on Wednesday and I'll be back but Klopp needs to do some work and make some changes. I have faith in him though.

BTW how are the reserves getting on now?

Still winning 2-0.  Matip just been replaced ready for Wednesday as expected.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4067: Jan 22, 2017 02:23:29 pm
      Still winning 2-0.  Matip just been replaced ready for Wednesday as expected.

I'd like to watch it but don't have LFC TV, are there any streams?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4068: Jan 22, 2017 02:28:34 pm

Spot on Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4069: Jan 22, 2017 02:28:52 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4070: Jan 22, 2017 02:55:08 pm
      Fantastic game of footy.  Finished 3-0 but could very easily have been double figures, we ran them ragged but they stuck to their task and defended well.

Still top of the group with West Brom and Huddersfield still to play.

Quick Reply