Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

UFC

Read 149546 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: UFC
      Reply #115: Feb 07, 2010 04:50:50 am
      That was a crazy knockout.

I was a little upset that Zaromskis couldn't get the win over Diaz. Strikeforce are taking all the right steps in Competing with the UFC at the moment. Buying Zaromskis, King Mo, Gomi, Henderson, Lashley; the CBS partnership. It all makes for more entertaining MMA in general.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #116: Feb 21, 2010 07:14:39 am
      Craziest experience today at the UFC. Brilliant atomosphere, especially when Sotiropoulis came out. My voice is completely gone having to defend Bisping against the bashers. There were like 5 Bisping fans in the crowd. Why is he so hated?

And what about Cain Velasques? What a beast. I would love to see him take on Junior Dos Santos.

Also, great win by George Sotiropoulis, Wanderlei and James Te Huna.
      Gilly?
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      • I slappa da bass!
      Reply #117: Feb 25, 2010 02:33:01 pm
      Big UFC fan. I've very recently started watching Strikeforce. First fight I saw was Fedor vs Rogers. Never seen someone get hit so hard. Fedor is a beast.

Really looking forward to UFC 111. I've got a sneaky feeling that Dan Hardy is going to floor GSP. Unthinkable I know. I just have a gut feeling that that's the way the fight will end.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #118: Feb 26, 2010 01:43:47 pm
      Really looking forward to UFC 111. I've got a sneaky feeling that Dan Hardy is going to floor GSP. Unthinkable I know. I just have a gut feeling that that's the way the fight will end.
      Oh, how i wish you are right.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #119: Mar 21, 2010 05:04:59 pm
      GSP will wipe the floor with Hardy, Hardy is simply not at his level of ability. I like Hardy but he simply isn't that good just yet. I don't even believe Dan Hardy should of been given a title shot but the UFC wants someone to fight GSP, he should of had to fight someone like Paulo Thiago , Josh Koscheck or even Thaigo Alves.

Decent card on the books for tonight with Jon Bones Jones fighting Bradon Vera. Also the other big fight on the card is Julo Dos Santos vs Gabreil Gonzaga
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #120: Mar 21, 2010 05:39:43 pm
      GSP will wipe the floor with Hardy, Hardy is simply not at his level of ability. I like Hardy but he simply isn't that good just yet. I don't even believe Dan Hardy should of been given a title shot but the UFC wants someone to fight GSP, he should of had to fight someone like Paulo Thiago , Josh Koscheck or even Thaigo Alves.

Decent card on the books for tonight with Jon Bones Jones fighting Bradon Vera. Also the other big fight on the card is Julo Dos Santos vs Gabreil Gonzaga

Dan Hardy doesn't have a chance no, but him fighting GSP only seems fair to me. Dan Hardy hasn't lost in the UFC yet. Paulo Thiago lost against Jon Fitch last year which set him back but I'm sure he'll get a chance against GSP if he continues like this, Josh Koscheck lost against GSP in 2007 and against Thiago Alves in 2008 and Paulo Thiago in 2009, he has some ground to make up for, Thiago Alves lost against GSP last year. With all that in mind, it's only fair that Dan Hardy gets a shot, as the others have had theirs or have lost against others. Did he deserve it? Maybe not yet, I would've liked to see him fight against Paulo Thiago first for a shot against GSP, but they probably needed to give GSP a fight and with that in mind I think Dan hardy is the most logical choice. Like I said though, I agree that he doesn't have a chance, but to honest, I don't think anyone has a chance against GSP at the moment.

Looking forward to the Dos Santos - Gonzaga fight tonight.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #121: Mar 22, 2010 03:31:21 am
      That was a boss card, and a freebie too. What more can we ask for?

It delivered on all fronts: We saw knock out after knock out and i was personally over the moon about the Jones, JDS wins. Brilliant stuff. Exciting viewing it was. It will certainly attract more fans to the sport.

I didn't know until today that Bisping, Rampage and Cheick Kongo train in Liverpool.

Roll on UFC 111...
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #122: Mar 22, 2010 01:39:21 pm
      Bones Jones looks like the future of the light heavyweight division. Always wonder how Vera isn't so much better with that great Muay Thai and BJJ skills.  I would love to see Jones step it up and fight Thiago Silva some time in the future.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #123: Mar 22, 2010 01:45:21 pm
      My mate from Livingston is a AUFC fighter it is Class had 10 fights and lost all
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #124: Mar 25, 2010 06:13:00 pm
      I cannot wait till UFC 111! its the first weekend i get home from University, i dont have ESPN here at uni so cant wait.
      Been so long since ive seen GSP fight, think a few beers and dips are in order!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #125: Mar 26, 2010 11:23:21 pm
      Anyone watch the Primetime shows. I think they did really well in promoting Dan Hardy. It's also got me even more pumped for the fight.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #126: Mar 28, 2010 05:28:30 am
      If hardy hasnt a broken arm after this hes earned my respect! Such a one sided fight! Had 50 quid on GSP to win by submission too! Ragin!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #127: Mar 28, 2010 01:50:20 pm
      Yeah have to give it up for Hardy, that kamora he had him in really looked bad. I really think GSP could of broke it but laid off cause he jerked it once and just looked at the ref but Hardy got out of it but his arm will be sore today. GSP simply clean up welterweight, no one can stop his take down, he just does it at will. I think like most MMA fans would love to see him go to 185 and have a glamor fight with Anderson Silva.

Carwin also with a great showing, the power he gets from those short punches is crazy.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #128: Mar 28, 2010 05:57:56 pm
      Don't see Carwin have any chance against Lesnar though, Lesnar is like a bigger and stronger version of Carwin, at least if he recovered well enough from his injury.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #129: Mar 28, 2010 06:01:48 pm
      Love watching it u wish the wrestling was a bit like that
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #130: Mar 29, 2010 12:14:11 am
      Too much bullshit prep on TV to make Hardy better than he is.  He is definitely a tough kid and can take a beating, I dont know how his arm didn't snap off after the arm bar and kimora, but no ground game and no real stand up.  He can hit and take a punch but thats it, it wont win any titles in the UFC.  GSP was just way too much for Hardy. GSP is almost a perfect fighter. He is truly an elite fighter right now. Just so well rounded, great stand up,  his take down is good, Jiu Jitsu is great. The only way Hardy could of won was one of those million to one shots. Other than that he was just completely out classed.
      Gilly?
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      • I slappa da bass!
      Reply #131: Mar 29, 2010 12:26:20 am
      It shows Hardy was nowhere near ready for GSP. He's just far too good at 170lbs. He needs to make the step up in weight and take on some other poor fuckers for him to pwn. Let him work his way to Anderson Silva though I'm pretty certain Silva will put him on his arse.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #132: Mar 29, 2010 07:29:08 am
      Hardy said beofre the fight that he'd rather his arm was broken rather than tap out! Fair play as he did exactly what he said! I would have tapped before GSP even had the chance to lock the arm bar in ;D
      Carwin? Brilliant fighter, fancied Mir for this fight, but i was proved completely wrong! Fair do's!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #133: Mar 29, 2010 08:52:49 am
      You can't discredit Hardy's heart, that's for sure. GSP did what most of us thought he would do, but i would have liked to see him test himself a bit more and try to stand and bang with Hardy. I think he could have at least done so for two rounds. After Hardy got out of the armbar, he just smiled. Same thing happened when GSP landed a strike. Hardy has a chin on him.

Carwin was very impressive once again. I definitely didn't think the fight would be that quick.

Can't wait for UFC 112 now in Abu Dhabi. I can't look past BJ Penn and Anderson Silva to defend their belts. The other fights on the card are boss as well. Looking forward to Terry Etim put the hurtin' on Dos Anjos.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #134: Mar 29, 2010 04:09:14 pm
      Yea 112 will be class! Reckon once hardy improves on his takedown defence he'll be one of the best in the business!
      Thats for sure his biggest weakness!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #135: Mar 29, 2010 05:16:45 pm
      I dont want to see GSP move up to fight Silva.  I think he should stay at 170 retain the belt and just dominate his weight class,  If Silva wants him so bad the Silva should drop weight to 170 and challenge GSP. 

Personally, IMO, GSP is the perfect and best all around fighter in the UFC. Silva a very close second.  I think were also going to see another BJ Penn GSP fight.  Penn is getting older and his skills diminished a little bit, but I would pay to see that fight.

The fight I really want to see is Feodor and Lesnar.  Plus I heard that Cro-Cop is coming back. I guess he trained in Brazil for a while and really worked on his striking and Ground game. So maybe we can see the Cro-Cop from the Pride days.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #136: Mar 30, 2010 12:49:08 am
      Im really looking forward to Lesnar vs Carwin... in the fight against Mir, Carwin was devistating with those shot range blows, and if anyone saw the last Mir/Lesnar fight Lesnar just used his shere size of effectivlely "crush" Mir out of the match, but with so much power in short range punches its going to be a complety different fight

12-0 and never making it out of the first round... unbelievable!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #137: Apr 02, 2010 07:37:15 pm
      Carwin is an animal! But how stupid was Mir to think that he could take Carwins shots to tire him out. Worst thing he could have done. He went into the fight thinking he was going to win simply because he and Lesnar 'had' to meet. Stupid really. Roy Nelson looked impressive against the skyscaper though.

Anyone watch TUF 11?

Quick Reply