Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

UFC

Read 149499 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Re: UFC
      Reply #506: Feb 23, 2016 01:42:18 pm
      Dos Anjos pulls out with a broken foot.  >:(

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #507: Feb 28, 2016 12:26:23 am
      Bisping beat Anderson Silva in what sounds like a crazy scrap. Wish I'd watched that instead of paying to listen to Jim Watt.

The big pr**k.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #508: Feb 28, 2016 12:27:18 am
      Dos Anjos pulls out with a broken foot.  >:(

Nate Diaz in as a late replacement. Should be fun.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #509: Feb 28, 2016 01:48:34 am
      Bisping beat Anderson Silva in what sounds like a crazy scrap. Wish I'd watched that instead of paying to listen to Jim Watt.

The big pr**k.

I completely forgot about UFC  :-\
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #510: Feb 28, 2016 12:15:00 pm
      I completely forgot about UFC  :-\

Some highlights

https://youtu.be/54v8U-SiuD0

More pumped for Mcgregor v Diaz next week. Mcgregor looks like he's filled out watching the presser:

https://youtu.be/V_2KtwypV90

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #511: Feb 29, 2016 08:00:19 pm
      After paying for Quigg Frampton the other day I'm now starting to remember what box office should be

Conor F***ing Mcgregor. That's what.

Couldn't stand him at first but he's my favourite sports star at the moment.

https://youtu.be/wT_Ppo0EX7o
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #512: Mar 05, 2016 05:25:20 pm
      UFC 196 McGregor V Diaz tonight. Looking forward to it.

Not sure how I'm going to watch though.

Can stay up all night and spend a fortune on being able to stay up, set alarm and watch it with a brew, record and watch when I get up or record and avoid the news and have me mate around tomorrow night and watch as if it is live about 9pm with a few drinks.

Probably swaying towards the tomorrow night thing.

Big jump in weight for McGregor and as always in UFC anything could happen.

Hope Conor does it though. It should be fun either way.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #513: Mar 05, 2016 05:27:28 pm
      Conor McGregor for has already beaten Diaz mentally just the formality in the octagon finalise..

McGregor looking in damn pretty good shape...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #514: Mar 05, 2016 05:30:34 pm
      Conor McGregor for has already beaten Diaz mentally just the formality in the octagon finalise..

McGregor looking in damn pretty good shape...

Yep looking good isn't he Shabba?

I'm on your stomping ground Tuesday night I think. You're Brum aren't you?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #515: Mar 05, 2016 06:02:08 pm
      UFC 196 McGregor V Diaz tonight. Looking forward to it.

Not sure how I'm going to watch though.

Can stay up all night and spend a fortune on being able to stay up, set alarm and watch it with a brew, record and watch when I get up or record and avoid the news and have me mate around tomorrow night and watch as if it is live about 9pm with a few drinks.

Probably swaying towards the tomorrow night thing.

Big jump in weight for McGregor and as always in UFC anything could happen.

Hope Conor does it though. It should be fun either way.

Was literally just about to go onto the UFC site to check when the next event was. Nice surprise for me tonight then ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #516: Mar 05, 2016 06:53:59 pm
      Yep looking good isn't he Shabba?

I'm on your stomping ground Tuesday night I think. You're Brum aren't you?

Brum & Solihull mate, more than welcome for a bevy mate if you like?..

What time you around?..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #517: Mar 05, 2016 07:18:28 pm
      Brum & Solihull mate, more than welcome for a bevy mate if you like?..

What time you around?..

Probably get hotel about 6.00/6.30pm bud. Be hitting Broad St by 7.

One of my favourite watering holes is on that Street.  Legs 11 it's called ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #518: Mar 05, 2016 07:26:53 pm
      Probably get hotel about 6.00/6.30pm bud. Be hitting Broad St by 7.

One of my favourite watering holes is on that Street.  Legs 11 it's called ;)

Legs? ;D....my mate used to run that until the Albanians muscled in...

Hate Broad St, you been around Mailbox?..

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #519: Mar 05, 2016 07:46:32 pm
      Legs? ;D....my mate used to run that until the Albanians muscled in...

Hate Broad St, you been around Mailbox?..

No mate and open to any suggestions.

Can understand why a local may dislike Broad Street but whenever I'm there it's normally just for a very messy night and Broad St is the quick fix.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #520: Mar 05, 2016 07:52:56 pm
      No mate and open to any suggestions.

Can understand why a local may dislike Broad Street but whenever I'm there it's normally just for a very messy night and Broad St is the quick fix.

I'll PM you later once I drop of me mate, you got company on the night or are you on your tod?.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #521: Mar 05, 2016 07:59:58 pm
      I'll PM you later once I drop of me mate, you got company on the night or are you on your tod?.

With the business partner.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #522: Mar 06, 2016 01:34:30 am
      Getting a few bevvies in watching the preliminaries, Elkins fight was quite good I thought.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #523: Mar 06, 2016 08:40:29 am
      Last two fights were classic UFC.

Always expect the unexpected.

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/706397629144395776
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #524: Mar 06, 2016 11:30:26 am
      3rd submission for McGregor and nothing to be ashamed of, fair play to Diaz for absorbing some serious blows & turning up on short notice...

McGregor has been exposed now with the choke hold and opponents will be looking to exploit this unless McGregor knocks them out first in future fights....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #525: Apr 20, 2016 07:27:03 pm
      Conor McGregor may or may not be retired. But, either way, he won't be fighting at UFC 200.

UFC president Dana White announced Tuesday on ESPN's SportsCenter that McGregor has been pulled from the marquee card because he refused to come to Las Vegas this week to promote the fight. A press conference, the filming of a commercial and other marketing spots were scheduled, White said. The news comes on the heels of a cryptic tweet about retiring young from McGregor earlier Tuesday.

"Obviously we still have a good relationship with Conor," White said. "I respect Conor as a fighter and I like him as a person. But you can't decide not to show up to these things. You have to do it."

White said McGregor didn't want to come to the press conference, because he was in Iceland training and didn't want to ruin his preparation for the fight with Nate Diaz on July 9 in Las Vegas. White added that only McGregor knows for sure if he is really retired.

"Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial or be a part of any of the marketing we have," White said. "He's in Iceland training and that's not possible."

Now, though, it appears that McGregor won't be fighting after all. White said Diaz is flying into Las Vegas on Tuesday and they will discuss a new opponent. White said there would also be another fight added to the UFC 200 bill in addition to that.

In the earlier tweet, McGregor said he's "decided to retire young." McGregor, 27, is the UFC featherweight champion, but was not defending the belt against Diaz. That fight was slated for the welterweight division.

There is precedence for such a move by the UFC. Nick Diaz didn't show up for a UFC 137 press conference in 2011, he was pulled from a title fight against Georges St-Pierre and GSP was slated to face Carlos Condit instead. Ironically, St-Pierre later pulled out with an injury and Diaz ended up fighting B.J. Penn in the UFC 137 main event.

McGregor's Tweet:
      Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA
      I have decided to retire young.
      Thanks for the cheese.
      Catch ya's later.

Devastated.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #526: May 08, 2016 07:09:41 pm
      Krylov, Struve and Reem all to win can get me a cheeky sum of money tonight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #527: May 08, 2016 09:40:32 pm
      Conor McGregor may or may not be retired. But, either way, he won't be fighting at UFC 200.

UFC president Dana White announced Tuesday on ESPN's SportsCenter that McGregor has been pulled from the marquee card because he refused to come to Las Vegas this week to promote the fight. A press conference, the filming of a commercial and other marketing spots were scheduled, White said. The news comes on the heels of a cryptic tweet about retiring young from McGregor earlier Tuesday.

"Obviously we still have a good relationship with Conor," White said. "I respect Conor as a fighter and I like him as a person. But you can't decide not to show up to these things. You have to do it."

White said McGregor didn't want to come to the press conference, because he was in Iceland training and didn't want to ruin his preparation for the fight with Nate Diaz on July 9 in Las Vegas. White added that only McGregor knows for sure if he is really retired.

"Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial or be a part of any of the marketing we have," White said. "He's in Iceland training and that's not possible."

Now, though, it appears that McGregor won't be fighting after all. White said Diaz is flying into Las Vegas on Tuesday and they will discuss a new opponent. White said there would also be another fight added to the UFC 200 bill in addition to that.

In the earlier tweet, McGregor said he's "decided to retire young." McGregor, 27, is the UFC featherweight champion, but was not defending the belt against Diaz. That fight was slated for the welterweight division.

There is precedence for such a move by the UFC. Nick Diaz didn't show up for a UFC 137 press conference in 2011, he was pulled from a title fight against Georges St-Pierre and GSP was slated to face Carlos Condit instead. Ironically, St-Pierre later pulled out with an injury and Diaz ended up fighting B.J. Penn in the UFC 137 main event.

McGregor's Tweet:
      Devastated.

What's this I've been reading about McGregor v Mayweather?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #528: May 08, 2016 09:44:55 pm
      What's this I've been reading about McGregor v Mayweather?

I imagine it's all rubbish mate. Think he'll fight Nathan Diaz again at UFC 202.

And my bet came through!

Krylov, Struve and Reem all to win can get me a cheeky sum of money tonight.

Quick Reply