Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

UFC

Read 149534 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Re: UFC
      Reply #529: May 08, 2016 09:48:47 pm
      I imagine it's all rubbish mate. Think he'll fight Nathan Diaz again at UFC 202.

And my bet came through!

Hahaha nice one ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #530: May 08, 2016 10:14:31 pm
      I imagine it's all rubbish mate. Think he'll fight Nathan Diaz again at UFC 202.

And my bet came through!

Always love it when people take money from the bookies'.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #531: May 13, 2016 09:11:56 am
      Gutted Silva had to pull out this weekend. Still a stacked card though, my hopes and prayers are with Leslie Smith  :boxing:
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2016 11:06:47 am by KobeWorst »
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #532: May 13, 2016 09:47:14 am
      What's this I've been reading about McGregor v Mayweather?

That would be hilarious. Imagine the press tour, inevitably climaxing in them just throwing suitcases of money at each other  :D
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #533: May 19, 2016 10:42:29 am
      So Bisping finally gets his title shot, unfortunately I can't see it being any different from their first encounter though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #534: May 19, 2016 03:59:20 pm
      So Bisping finally gets his title shot, unfortunately I can't see it being any different from their first encounter though.

Rockhold could beat Bisbing only using his left leg.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #535: May 24, 2016 10:28:18 am
      Rockhold could beat Bisbing only using his left leg.

Haha, yeah doesn't look good for him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #536: Jun 05, 2016 09:08:11 am
      Made up for Bisping. Rockhold totally underestimated him there.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #537: Jun 05, 2016 01:22:02 pm
      So Bisping beat Rockhold...

McGregor v Diaz 2 confirmed for UFC 202...

And Brock Lesnar is returning at UFC 200...

What a night!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #538: Jun 05, 2016 01:45:43 pm
      Amazing from Bisping! Rockhold came out and fought the worst fight possible. What a card, loved the Max Holloway vs Ricardo Lamas fight too.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #539: Jul 07, 2016 11:42:22 am
      UFC 200 main event is now Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt after Jon Jones is flagged by the United States Anti Doping Agency for a positive drug test.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #540: Jul 07, 2016 11:49:20 am
      UFC 200 main event is now Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt after Jon Jones is flagged by the United States Anti Doping Agency for a positive drug test.

Yeah seen this blow up in the early hours. What a F***ing idiot!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #541: Jul 07, 2016 12:22:20 pm

Was really looking forward to that fight too but at least the rest of the event is stacked.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #542: Jul 07, 2016 02:07:59 pm
      Gutted for Cormier, the event should still be awesome though.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #543: Jul 08, 2016 10:41:58 am
      Ohhhh snap!

Eddie Alvarez beats RDA handily.

Anderson Silva takes Jon Jones' spot at 200. It is now DC vs Silva in a non-title fight. Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunez now the main event.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #544: Jul 10, 2016 11:35:33 am
      Pretty boring 200 that in my opinion. Tate got owned, Cormier bored me to tears as usual and Lesnar v Hunt was also poor. Thought Jose Aldo fought very well and my money is on him when he meets McGregor who I think gets beat by Diaz again in the rematch. Valazquez done his thing as I expected but overall it was all a bit boring and not a great deal happened.

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/752025961160290304
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #545: Jul 10, 2016 02:45:56 pm
      Pretty boring 200 that in my opinion. Tate got owned, Cormier bored me to tears as usual and Lesnar v Hunt was also poor. Thought Jose Aldo fought very well and my money is on him when he meets McGregor who I think gets beat by Diaz again in the rematch. Valazquez done his thing as I expected but overall it was all a bit boring and not a great deal happened.

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/752025961160290304

Aldo looked amazing. Tate never looked confident even going in, lots of nervy looks and movements, I cashed out on my bet just by looking at her before the fight, something was up.

DC did what he had to do, props to Anderson for taking the fight, a true legend. Man you're right though, no real stand out highlights at all.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #546: Jul 10, 2016 09:22:48 pm
      UFC 200 was perfectly fine for any other UFC event but for all they hype and build and emphasis on this being their 200th PPV it was an anti climax.

There isn't much to take out of it other than Aldo and Nunes. Irregardless of what happens against Diaz I don't like McGregors chances against Aldo again. I would even be worried about him against Frankie Edgar and Aldo sent a message through him! I expect the status quo to be returned to 145 and I can see Diaz beating Conor again which will take a lot of gloss off the whole thing. Unfortunate for the UFC because before losing to Diaz, McGregor was making them money hand over fist!

I imagine up next for Nunes will be a fight against Rousey. I think Nunes is the real deal and I hope (for the sake of the division) that she does beat Ronda. Again I see that being detrimental to the UFC (similar to McGregor) but I don't think it does the division any favours having the belt change hands every second PPV. And who do you put in against Ronda then? Holm, Tate, Nunes?

Lesnar was a one off, a nice pay day for both parties. Silva filled in nicely but Cormier is in limbo now, there was only one fight for him and that was Jones. I feel for Cormier, I'm not his biggest fan, but he needed that fight to solidify himself. I have Jones beating him all day, but Cormier needed that fight. I have no interest in anything he does from here. Shame really. Valazquez is just going through the motions really, there's nothing exciting about him.

I think UFC dropped the ball in a lot of areas, McGregor, Rousey, Jones (you can't put that much faith in someone with a history of letting you down) and I think it wouldn't have been impossible to get GSP on the card. It will be interesting to see how they build from here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #547: Jul 10, 2016 09:47:54 pm
      UFC 200 was perfectly fine for any other UFC event but for all they hype and build and emphasis on this being their 200th PPV it was an anti climax.

There isn't much to take out of it other than Aldo and Nunes. Irregardless of what happens against Diaz I don't like McGregors chances against Aldo again. I would even be worried about him against Frankie Edgar and Aldo sent a message through him! I expect the status quo to be returned to 145 and I can see Diaz beating Conor again which will take a lot of gloss off the whole thing. Unfortunate for the UFC because before losing to Diaz, McGregor was making them money hand over fist!

I imagine up next for Nunes will be a fight against Rousey. I think Nunes is the real deal and I hope (for the sake of the division) that she does beat Ronda. Again I see that being detrimental to the UFC (similar to McGregor) but I don't think it does the division any favours having the belt change hands every second PPV. And who do you put in against Ronda then? Holm, Tate, Nunes?

Lesnar was a one off, a nice pay day for both parties. Silva filled in nicely but Cormier is in limbo now, there was only one fight for him and that was Jones. I feel for Cormier, I'm not his biggest fan, but he needed that fight to solidify himself. I have Jones beating him all day, but Cormier needed that fight. I have no interest in anything he does from here. Shame really. Valazquez is just going through the motions really, there's nothing exciting about him.

I think UFC dropped the ball in a lot of areas, McGregor, Rousey, Jones (you can't put that much faith in someone with a history of letting you down) and I think it wouldn't have been impossible to get GSP on the card. It will be interesting to see how they build from here.

Agree with the main card a bit disappointing. Even the prelims were very one sided fights for the most part.

Aldo was very impressive. But McGregor is just too big for all those featherweights. He cuts nearly 40 pounds to fight at 145. I don't see Conor losing to anyone in the LW division anytime soon even if he loses to Diaz again at 170.

Nunes was amazing and I see her holding the belt for a while. Ronda has lost her invincibility after the Holms smashing and Holly showed how to beat her by avoiding her takedowns and out striking her which is what Nunes excels at.

DC vs Spider was sad to watch there is no way that fight should have went ahead in two days notice but hey both fighters got a big pay day out of it so they're not complaining.

Performance of the night was definitely Valasquez. He looked back to his pre injuries Cain best. Even adding new attacks to his arsenal, never thought I'd see him throwing spinning back kicks! Great to see him back in contention for the belt.

Don't think Lesnar was fighting for money since he's loaded from WWE but was nice to see him prove something to himself. Can't see him making any sort of run for the belt. If he fights any of the top 10's with good cardio he will struggle big time.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #548: Jul 10, 2016 10:00:17 pm
      Shame really. Valazquez is just going through the motions really, there's nothing exciting about him.

Disagree with a few things you said but really have to say this is weird! Velasquez was just going through the motions?! He added F***ing wheel kicks to his game and put a pace and volume on Browne that few can match! I'm inclined to think his loss to Werdum was the altitude and him vs Miocic would be a classic. That said, not sure Miocic beats Overeem.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #549: Jul 10, 2016 10:03:21 pm

Nunes was amazing and I see her holding the belt for a while. Ronda has lost her invincibility after the Holms smashing and Holly showed how to beat her by avoiding her takedowns and out striking her which is what Nunes excels at.

Agree with most of what you said. Not sure on this though, Nunes gas tank is suspect and she's lot more flat footed than Holm. Would be an intriguing fight vs Ronda but feel Rousey will get her hands on her and then we'll see if Nunes BJJ black belt is enough to stop Rousey's armbar.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #550: Jul 10, 2016 10:03:28 pm
      Disagree with a few things you said but really have to say this is weird! Velasquez was just going through the motions?! He added f**king wheel kicks to his game and put a pace and volume on Browne that few can match! I'm inclined to think his loss to Werdum was the altitude and him vs Miocic would be a classic. That said, not sure Miocic beats Overeem.

Agreed mate I thought Cain looked incredible. When he's fit and on top of his game I think he's unbeatable. He looks back to his best and even more dangerous than ever with his striking.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #551: Jul 10, 2016 10:08:01 pm
      Agree with most of what you said. Not sure on this though, Nunes gas tank is suspect and she's lot more flat footed than Holm. Would be an intriguing fight vs Ronda but feel Rousey will get her hands on her and then we'll see if Nunes BJJ black belt is enough to stop Rousey's armbar.

I wonder how much that loss to Holly has damaged Ronda psychologically and if she still had the same hunger for the fight. I guess we'll find out. But Nunez's boxing and bjj is on a different level to Ronda and she's getting better every fight.

Nunes v Holms looks is a cracking match up could go either way that but if Holms survives the first two rounds I see her winning the belt again.

Quick Reply