Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Halfy Half Scarves

Read 73755 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Halfy Half Scarves
      Apr 09, 2009 02:44:35 pm
      Starting to see these knocking round a bit too often now for my liking.

Fair enough - Real Madrid etc debatable as a souvenir but

The number of beauts in the Kop, and I imagine everywhere else in the ground with Half Liverpool/Chelsea scarves on was embarrassing.  Why would anybody wear a scarf with Chelsea colours and badge on? I haven't seen them but I also believe there were some Liverpool/United scarves knocking round the other week.

If you had one of them on last night then you are a bellend.

The only half and half scarves I expect to see inside the grounds are the ones that say 'Liver' on one half and 'Pool' on the other.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Halfy Half Scarves
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2009 02:58:34 pm

Embarrassing. (Even the fella behind knows it)

Also embarrassing.

I have created a simple guide, below, which some of the more peculiar elements of our support may find of educational use.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2009 03:13:03 pm
      I know what you mean. Those kind of scarves should be bought for souvenirs only, not used to hold up during matches. Personally I would only want one of those if we won anyway.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2009 03:36:16 pm
      Well said Jd,this has annoyed me for some time,your there to support Liverpool and not to advertise another team.
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2009 03:47:39 pm
      I only collect the european halfy halfys for my room, I bring one for me and one for my little cousin I would never bring one the match and I would never by one with anyother english club on it.
      there also seems to be a little trend on the go wearing the liverpool shirt over your jumper i remember doing this when i was a kid but for a grown man its like wearing gloves playing footy...brave the cold you girls
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2009 04:12:01 pm
      This people have the cheek to don a Liverpool shirt and carry the scarf with Liverpool Chelsea written all over it. Are they in support of the tie, or are they in support of the team? They must have been embarrassed at FT to really hold that scarf. If it was the Liverpool scarf though and though I would still be proud of the lads though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2009 04:15:55 pm
      Exactly, if your going to buy one, buy it and put it away for the game.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2009 04:16:09 pm
      The only scarf I'd buy is the one with 'Liver' on one side and 'Pool' on the other.

Beats me why Liverpool fans have half of their scarves of the other team. Glory hunters? Or clearly aren't real fans.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2009 04:18:42 pm
      Good shout

I had a go in the extremely pissed off thread about this earlier. What kind of shithead buys a scarf which has Chelsea on it? tw*ts
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2009 04:22:06 pm
      I could kind of understand if it was a Liverpool Vs Real Madrid one because that's different, as long as it wasn't held up during the match, just bought as a souvenir. I don't get though why you would want to buy something with Chelsea on it...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2009 04:23:37 pm
      I'm surprised the people with the full Liverpool scarves hadn't give those halfy half scarf-ers a bantering.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2009 04:27:33 pm
      Well, never would I consider a halfy half scarf. Its a complete waste of my money. I rather have 100 same Liverpool slcarfs than a collection of scarves. Just spoils the whole thing.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2009 04:33:27 pm
      Like others have said, I could understand MAYBE if it was Real Madrid, Juventus or AC Milan...but Chelsea? Come on! We seem to end up playing them at least 4 times a season!

Id probably buy one as a souvenir for my room AFTER the game if we won...but not before to hold up in the Kop duing YNWA. Who the F**k holds up a Chelsea scarf whilst we sing our beloved anthem? Probably the same people who leave 5 minutes early, dont sing and spend the entire game taking pictures and rummaging in their LFC shop bags.

These are the kind of people that have put me off going to Anfield for 17 months now. I've applied for tickets for the Newcastle game in a few weeks thought.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2009 04:42:29 pm
      there will be Liverpool Everton ones next.

I do have to confess to buying a couple for the kids one being a PSV and the other being Inter Milan, only bought them after we had won though.

My worst Scarf encounter has to put down to strong German beer after the Hertha Berlin game in the summer, I woke up the next morning missing my favorite this is Anfield scarf and in its place having a blue and white dynamite Hertha one. Gutted
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2009 04:47:45 pm
      Ive still got my halfyhalfy liverpool rangers hat somewhere.
      I once wore a rangers hat to an away match and was pulled up by a copper for it, tw*t he said did i steal it off somebody, i nearly knocked the yorkshire pudding out.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2009 05:01:19 pm
      For Real Madrid, Juventus or some other big european clubs I can understand as a souvenir (not to hold up at games).

But Chelsea, or any other team that plays in our league is a joke.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2009 05:10:01 pm
      i have actually wondered why ppl buy those scarf and then take them with to the stadium, even before this very thread. never seen at Anfield tho. Mostly in other European leagues, mostly Serie A.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17: Apr 09, 2009 05:23:19 pm
      HAHAHAHAHA JD this is awesome

Some guy had a Liverpool City one - were we drew?!?!!

WFT
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Apr 09, 2009 05:31:38 pm
      I have never bought a scarf with Liverpool and whoever the team they are playing on that particular day on.............can't see the point personally.

They actually sell them in the Liverpool shop, and usually a T'shirt as well  :f_steam: with date/match/occasion on etc.

To my mind......Liverpool shouldn't make them and then no-one could buy them, the lad standing next to me on the kop had one on  ::) to be fair to him though he kept it round his neck.

Just another way of making money out of the fans though isn't it? As they know there going to buy one for each game. :mad:
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 09, 2009 05:32:25 pm
      Gotta be a right knob to be seen with a Liverpool/Chelsea scarf,no wonder the atmosphere at games is going down with these beauts "supporting" us!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2009 05:41:28 pm
      Can someone tell me what a "beaut" is? Ive been out of the loop for some time now...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2009 05:56:33 pm
      beaut, .noun

slang (Liverpool UK)

a silly person, a fool a gimp, an arsehole.

Alex Ferguson is a total F***ing beaut
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2009 05:56:54 pm
      I bought a half Liverpool and Half Celtic for my neighbour.  he's Glaswegion and his first team is Celtic and his favourite English team has always been Liverpool. obviously Dalglish is his favourite player of all time!

Quick Reply