Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Halfy Half Scarves

Read 73749 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Halfy Half Scarves
      Reply #345: Sep 28, 2014 05:29:40 pm
      Ok fine buy one if you must, but make it your dirty little secret and don't F***ing display it during the game AT ALL you knobs.  You're there to support Liverpool not the Barclays Premier League Experience(TM) brought to you by Thomas Cook.

edit: They're still F***ing sh*t those scarves though, but if you still absolutely must, see above advice.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #346: Sep 28, 2014 07:32:28 pm
      Bought one at the Liverpool vs City match after the game for 3 quid, thought it'd be the day we'd all remember as the start of something special and I still do. Never wear it though, got it pinned up on my wall next to my picture of Stevie with the Champions League trophy to remind me of the feeling on those days, so when we play like sh*t I can look at them and remember why I love football and why I love Liverpool.

Go ahead, lynch me. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #347: Sep 28, 2014 08:10:27 pm
      Don't think we'll ever go back to paying on the gate Walton and totally agree with Fowler that I hate them, if anyone wants to remember who it was they played surely it's cheaper to buy a program than a halfy scarf?

Imagine  any self respecting KOPITE with a scarf adorning the EVERTON logo ffs what is going on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #348: Sep 28, 2014 08:11:20 pm
      Bought one at the Liverpool vs City match after the game for 3 quid, thought it'd be the day we'd all remember as the start of something special and I still do. Never wear it though, got it pinned up on my wall next to my picture of Stevie with the Champions League trophy to remind me of the feeling on those days, so when we play like sh*t I can look at them and remember why I love football and why I love Liverpool.

Go ahead, lynch me. 

why would you want anything but a Liverpool scarf around your neck ??? I just don't get it
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #349: Sep 28, 2014 08:11:44 pm
      Never thought of buying a halfy Half scarve tbh, always wear a full LFC scarf, one of which my late Mother actually knitted me many years ago. As I have several tend to interchange them coming to the game.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #350: Sep 28, 2014 08:13:56 pm
      open the gates 3 hours before kick off and make the Kop pay at the gate and see what happens then.
      You'll have 45,000 people queuing to get into the Kop,  that's what will happen
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #351: Sep 28, 2014 08:15:12 pm
      Never thought of buying a halfy Half scarve tbh, always wear a full LFC scarf, one of which my late Mother actually knitted me many years ago. As I have several tend to interchange them coming to the game.

and just how much does that scarf mean to you and it should mean everything.my Dad was buried with the scarf I bought him it should mean something to everyone just as the club does
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #352: Sep 28, 2014 08:16:10 pm
      You'll have 45,000 people queuing to get into the Kop,  that's what will happen

Its the modern world and it isn't all that great is it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #353: Sep 28, 2014 08:32:02 pm
      Personally I think there should only be Scousers in the Kop,  just to see if that would make a difference. I don't think it would though,  English football fans in general are less likely to let go of their inhibitions and sing out loud in public, compared to other big league countries.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #354: Sep 29, 2014 01:17:15 am
      why would you want anything but a Liverpool scarf around your neck ??? I just don't get it

As I said I've never worn it I just have it up on the wall in my room, I wore my red and white striped scarf as I always do when I'm at the game. In my opinion it's fine to buy a half-half scarf as long as you don't wear it at the game. As a momento or souvenir it's as good as a match day programme or anything else you can buy at the stadium.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #355: Sep 29, 2014 01:36:49 am
      Noticed this on the telecast too, can't imagine why any Liverpool fan would want a halfy half scarf with Everton on it. If you supported say Barca + Liverpool then maybe grab one for memories, but the Liverpool one should be on display for the YNWA.

Regarding the shithouse atmosphere, I dunno if it's changed because I don't live in Liverpool, but do the pubs still open well before kick off and fill up with the locals?? That in my opinion is how the match day experience should be, few lads heading into the pub for a couple of pints before the match where they sing their hearts out supporting the best team in the world.

Apologies for going off topic... F**k halfy half scarves :P
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #356: Sep 29, 2014 05:33:30 am
      Noticed this on the telecast too, can't imagine why any Liverpool fan would want a halfy half scarf with Everton on it. If you supported say Barca + Liverpool then maybe grab one for memories, but the Liverpool one should be on display for the YNWA.

Regarding the shithouse atmosphere, I dunno if it's changed because I don't live in Liverpool, but do the pubs still open well before kick off and fill up with the locals?? That in my opinion is how the match day experience should be, few lads heading into the pub for a couple of pints before the match where they sing their hearts out supporting the best team in the world.

Apologies for going off topic... F**k halfy half scarves :P

Forgive the off topic answer to the above question, But I believe the early KO in the Merseyside derby is to avoid the effect of fans being drunk and causing any trouble at such a big game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #357: Sep 29, 2014 01:38:48 pm
      Forgive the off topic answer to the above question, But I believe the early KO in the Merseyside derby is to avoid the effect of fans being drunk and causing any trouble at such a big game.

Last season's game proves how much bollocks that is mate.

I think it's a lot to do with prime-time tv times more than anything else now and not just in this country!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #358: Sep 29, 2014 06:17:24 pm

your right about the drunken stuff and of course alcohol is not available to anyone prior to kick off is it. Anyone else get fed up being treated like a moron.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #359: Sep 29, 2014 07:05:54 pm

I think yesterday set new records for half and half scarves.  I've never seen so many at a Liverpool game - Liverpool fans wearing scarves with Everton on.  Couldn't believe it.  Fella in front of me, who was the size of two of me, even had a go at a couple of people.

Couldn't believe it.  Either there is a growing number of fans who are getting them for every game, or, more worryingly, there were an awful lot of people who don't normally go who managed to get hold of tickets for the derby - which considering the 'credit' limitations suggests that there is a serious resale problem with LFC tickets.

Why the hell are we even selling the damn things....for sale before the game at all the local stalls - shocking !! Wouldnt be seen dead in one  :o they seemed to be in abundance on Saturday !!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #360: Sep 29, 2014 07:32:09 pm
      Think they are in general a terrible idea.
      Only time i can think of when it might be ok is when there is an emotional connection on certain special or important occasions.
      Trying to think of some....maybe Liverpool - Celtic or Liverpool - Juventus (depends on your recollection and stand point).....overall, a dreadful idea.
      Has there ever been a Liverpool - man utd one? That would be diabolical.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #361: Sep 29, 2014 08:55:29 pm
      Why the hell are we even selling the damn things....for sale before the game at all the local stalls - shocking !! Wouldnt be seen dead in one  :o they seemed to be in abundance on Saturday !!

Take some scissors next time MsG and when it's held aloft, snip, snip, snip.  ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #362: Sep 29, 2014 09:06:27 pm
      Liverpool/Everton scarf?  Must be designed exclusively for Paul McCartney  :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #363: Sep 30, 2014 11:32:18 am
      Should be banned hate the fcking sight of them no no no .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #364: Sep 30, 2014 11:34:02 am
      Has there ever been a Liverpool - man utd one? That would be diabolical.

Yeah before the Liverpool/Man U league game!!

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #365: Sep 30, 2014 05:38:40 pm
      Wouldn't buy one even at Halfy Half price, you only stick to the team you support LIVER - POOL That is the only scarf I would buy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #366: Sep 30, 2014 06:40:44 pm
      Wouldn't buy one even at Halfy Half price

Very good. ;D

I wouldn't have one if it was given to me.

Never have got them and the whole supporting two teams business as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #367: Sep 30, 2014 08:22:28 pm
      Yeah before the Liverpool/Man U league game!!

The 6th March 2011 special scarf.  A unique event.  Only the 2nd time we had played them in the league that season.  Memories....  :roll:

Quick Reply