Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Chelsea v Liverpool CL QF 2nd Leg - Pre Match

Read 40934 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Chelsea v Liverpool CL QF 2nd Leg - Pre Match
      Apr 10, 2009 04:23:59 pm
      14th April
      Kick Off 19:45
      Live on ITV1

Few things want to get off me chest about this second leg at the bridge

1) F**k all of you who think we have no chance
      2) Reading Lampard today him and his team mates think its over
      3) The Chelsea beauts with thre little flags left under there seats for them think its over
      4) Our underdog history plus our games we got ourselves out of the worst of situations is probably unparalleled.

For christ sake dont give up yet. 3 goals in 90 minutes is not impossible for our manager and players to achieve. I seem to remember them doing it in about 6 minutes once  ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2009 07:34:27 pm by JD, Reason: Title »
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: The second leg
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2009 04:42:09 pm
      Now time for facts. We're 3-1 down with 90 minutes to play. We have to score at least three at the bridge to have a chance.I believe we can.

Why, you might ask ?

* Mascherano will return to strengthen the midfield unit

* Rafa will field a strong team because we will have a week off before our next PL game

* Torres loves scoring against them which will give him that extra little bit of confidence

* Terry will miss out, causing uncertainty at the heart of their defense

* We always qualify against chelsea when the second leg is played on a Tuesday

* The game will take place on the eve of the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough, so destiny will play its part.

* We are LFC and no matter how difficult the task appears to be , we always find the answers.

So next Tuesday night be sure to support the team like never before, believe and then believe some more and we will lift the European Cup for the sixth time in Rome.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2009 04:47:18 pm
      Should be a very interesting game, and I don't think it's nearly over yet!

This is what I've been saying since the end of Wednesday's match - we have a mountain to climb, but we are more than capable of scoring the number of goals we need - our recent results against top sides has proven that.

Another interesting fact is that even if they score, we still "only" need three to be able to get extra-time, so whilst we obviously need to be strong defensively, conceding a goal wouldn't be the end of the world.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2009 04:49:43 pm
      back in October2008  we were 2-0 down playing man city and we come back to win 2-3 always hope till the final whistle
      "We have some experience after Istanbul (when we beat AC Milan after being 3-0 down) and other games.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2009 04:55:52 pm
      In case you dont know yet, this match at Bridge is gonna be our 24th game in 5 seasons. 2+4 =6 in Rome?

Come on, do the 96 lads who died at Hillsborough that day proud.

And lets walk on, walk on, with hope in our heart.

Because always, at the end of the storm, theres a golden sky and the sweet silver song, of the lark.

For all the fans doubting us, thinking its 'gone, over, mission impossible,' well, as a fan, the least you could do is to throw the best support you can behind the team at such a difficult time.

For the fans believing we can do it, never let pessimism get into your heart, never lose faith in the team, believe that we can do it, believe that we are going to march to Rome, and make it a hat-trick of european cups.

For the fans travelling to the Bridge: Sing like you never sing before, and sing whatever that gets into your mind. Turn it not into an Anfield atmosphere, but an Istanbul atmosphere.  Dont care how coarse your throat is, dont care how much you need to present and speak at work tomorrow, throw your unrivalled support behind the team like never before, sing for the Hillsborough victims, sing, sing, and sing.

And let the dreams and hope within us now, turn into REALITY.
       :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2009 05:03:29 pm
      If Chelsea can go to Anfield and score 3. I don't see why we can't score 3 at the Bridge? And we could score 4 at OT and against Marseille last season...

Man United had a great run of 15 games and got thrashed by us at OT. We had a great mini run ourselves scoring 16 and conceding 1, which eventually ended against Chelsea. This shows anything can happen in football even if you're 1-3 down in aggregate.

We are Liverpool FC and we never throw in the towel. It's not over till it's the 95th minute.
      Chelsea probably think they are through to the next round, but we are Liverpool, and Liverpool make the impossible possible.
      radya
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2009 05:12:23 pm
      we're not over yet!!.. remember in istanbul liverpool scored 3 goals in 6 minutes.. now liverpool have another 90 minutes.. if chelsea can do it on anfield.. why liverpool can't do it the same way on stamford bridge??

--still believe that stamford bridge will falling down for the second time--
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2009 05:22:14 pm
      HAVE FAITH.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2009 05:30:29 pm
      My faith has never waivered, not one little bit.   ;)
      YNWA_JOEL
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: Apr 10, 2009 05:32:59 pm
      i reckon its a steep hill for us to climb but there are always gerrard, torres and benayoun to carry us there
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Apr 10, 2009 05:36:41 pm
      Its not going to be easy and that's a fact! But we've shown we can come back from almost anything, and especially when the game looks dead.

I'm sure the lads want to progress and they will give it all they've got to get through to the next stage.

Just believe and anything can happen.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #11: Apr 10, 2009 05:57:27 pm
      Come on, we can do it. Everybody have faith, even if you don't think its possible at all please just have faith, what can be worse than all of your own fans believing your team is going to lose. I'm sure that would really get Stevie and the gang pumped up for next Tuesdays game and give them lots of confidence.

So come on lets get behind them because we know its possible to get through and I'm sure Rafa will be making the team believe its more than possible. If you don't think we can do it next Tuesday then I say go and support another team we don't want you to as a supporter of liverpool, and I think I am speaking for every single Liverpool fan when I say that.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #12: Apr 10, 2009 06:10:05 pm
      What's Liverpool without famous European comebacks?

We're still well in this, the lads believe and the fans need to aswell.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2009 06:10:53 pm
      A goal either side of half time and they would be blown apart we dont have to score 3 in the first 10 mins its just a case of keeping them under pressure till they crack.I am not too confident but I would never bet against us and I will be shouting screaming and cajouling as much as I can. Hey it worked in Istanbul, can you imagine what it would do to us if we could pull it off.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2009 06:13:16 pm
      I reckon its a steep hill for us to climb but there are always gerrard, torres and benayoun to carry us there

dont forget kuyt my friend..
      and i reckon Babels gonna have a blinder..
      way to go reds
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2009 06:14:44 pm
      Like he rest of the support , I was on a major downer after Wed  I didn't think anybody could hump us like that , then yesterday reading all the posts I perked up a little bit yeah only a little .
       Terry out Masch back ,we cant possibly play that bad again ,a few egos will   have taken a battering in the dressing room from Rafa after that display.
      Come Tuesday they will be well up for it , they are the only ones plus our magnificent support who can get us into the next round so its stand up and be counted time.
      90 Min's is a long time in football more than a few players went missing on Wednesday ,I think you  will find them again on Tuesday
      Tic Toc Chelsea lets see what happens,  its a mountain to climb its not impossible but we are Liverpool FC and I always BELIEVE
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2009 06:20:34 pm
      We probably are at our best when nobody gives us a chance I just hope we go out there with confidence and take the game to them, it wont be the first time we have defied the odds our history is filled with results were nobody gave us a chance.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2009 06:49:52 pm
      Few things want to get off me chest about this second leg at the bridge

1) F**k all of you who think we have no chance
      2) Reading Lampard today him and his team mates think its over
      3) The Chelsea beauts with thre little flags left under there seats for them think its over
      4) Our underdog history plus our games we got ourselves out of the worst of situations is probably unparalleled.

For christ sake dont give up yet. 3 goals in 90 minutes is not impossible for our manager and players to achieve. I seem to remember them doing it in about 6 minutes once  ;)
          You got that spot on mate .
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2009 06:52:38 pm
      Now time for facts. We're 3-1 down with 90 minutes to play. We have to score at least three at the bridge to have a chance.I believe we can.

Why, you might ask ?

* Mascherano will return to strengthen the midfield unit

* Rafa will field a strong team because we will have a week off before our next PL game

* Torres loves scoring against them which will give him that extra little bit of confidence

* Terry will miss out, causing uncertainty at the heart of their defense

* We always qualify against chelsea when the second leg is played on a Tuesday

* The game will take place on the eve of the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough, so destiny will play its part.

* We are LFC and no matter how difficult the task appears to be , we always find the answers.

So next Tuesday night be sure to support the team like never before, believe and then believe some more and we will lift the European Cup for the sixth time in Rome.
        Not to mention shankly's spirit will be with us mates .
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2009 07:02:07 pm
      Nothing is impossible on our Champion's League runs! :D

I'm sure a 4-0 win would come as more of a shock to Chelsea than it would to us. Then they can stop chatting sh*t about winning the treble in the papers! :-\ ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2009 07:25:42 pm
      Lets sort Blackburn out first and see where we are then.

On the Chelsea game though I think they'll come and blitz us in the first twenty minutes and try and grab a goal. Even if they do, it doesn't change what we have to do. We have to score three, whether they score a goal or not. We can't go there trying to nick it, we have to attack and put the fear of god into them.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2009 09:38:45 pm
      BELIEVE
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Apr 10, 2009 09:42:10 pm
      Should be a very interesting game, and I don't think it's nearly over yet!

This is what I've been saying since the end of Wednesday's match - we have a mountain to climb, but we are more than capable of scoring the number of goals we need - our recent results against top sides has proven that.

Another interesting fact is that even if they score, we still "only" need three to be able to get extra-time, so whilst we obviously need to be strong defensively, conceding a goal wouldn't be the end of the world.
      Spot on Ayrton and we are the best mountaineers in the business.Ican't wait to see the look on their faces when we win 4-1.

Quick Reply