Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

How big a stadium do we need

Read 77478 times
      kopite94
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: How big a stadium do we need
      Reply #115: Mar 03, 2011 01:28:23 pm
      i think from 60-70 thousand mark, purely because of the amount of people waiting for a season ticket.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #116: Jul 13, 2011 01:55:12 am
      If we're going for a new ground then I definitely think we should be looking at 65,000-70,000 minimum. And rather than opting for a lower capacity with the option on expansion, the ideas for ticketing restructure depending on demand sounds like a fantastic idea. That would certainly make those midweek League Cup matches a little easier on the eye with a glance at the crowd.

The only problem with a huge capacity is the travel infrastructure and the immediate area around the ground. It's not like Old Trafford where it's next to a motorway and hardly any houses around it. Unless there is a huge change in the travel system from the city centre to the stadium, I feel we're looking at the lower end of our preferred spectrum.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #117: Jul 14, 2011 05:11:03 am
      225k with 3 Carlton Cole statues and an available expansion to 1000k and 110 statues total

-or 105k, like this:

http://www.turismoactual.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Estadio-Azteca-stadium.jpg
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #118: Jul 14, 2011 04:58:15 pm
      I agree a 65,000-70,000 stadium would be ideal,but i would also like to see a return of a all standing area incorporated into the stand behind our goal, to create the old Kop pre-Taylor report, obvioulsy it cant be of the same size but a lesser version would be good,possibly 10-15 thousand, with reasonable ticket prices to boot, the new Anfield would have to have the ''Shankly'' and the ''Paisley''  gates, the Joe Fagan stand, Kenny Dalglish stand, and possibly suites named after other legends of this wonderful institution, not forgetting the shrine for our lost brothers and sisters, it is becoming inceasingly obvious that naming rights will be a major issue and whatever its called we will always call it Anfield/ new Anfield, because thats the area that the club is in, i'm sure other posters will have their own ideas of what the new stadium will hold, so i would love to hear your ideas.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #119: Jul 14, 2011 06:54:22 pm
      I go for a 70,000 seater minimum with forward planning for expansion upwards of 100,000. I'm sure they're doing their sums and seeing what makes the right amount of money, I'd imagine there's a lot of number crunching going on so as to find the perfect balance.
      Everton Dan
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #120: Jul 15, 2011 03:36:05 pm
      At this rate you wont have a new stadium. It seems that Stanley Park is the only place in Liverpool with enough room to fit a stadium and it seems to be a mine field trying to get anything built on there. We may have to share. But then again the san siro  and the Allianz Arena are great stadiums but on our budget it'll look more like this

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #121: Jul 15, 2011 04:01:42 pm
      Your budget is more like this:

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #122: Jul 15, 2011 05:38:27 pm
      At this rate you wont have a new stadium. It seems that Stanley Park is the only place in Liverpool with enough room to fit a stadium and it seems to be a mine field trying to get anything built on there. We may have to share. But then again the san siro  and the Allianz Arena are great stadiums but on our budget it'll look more like this

Good you have a budget as I thought your owner had to turn in all his plastic.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #123: Jul 15, 2011 05:40:53 pm
      The blue sh*te almost had a stadium in kirby.......sorry that was a tesco superstore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #124: Jul 15, 2011 05:44:51 pm
      The blue sh*te almost had a stadium in kirby.......sorry that was a tesco superstore.

They could have had a stadium where the Echo Arena was, soft-arse Kenwright even claimed he had the money ringfenced for the deal.

In the end it turned out to be more hot air.
      Red Villan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #125: Jul 15, 2011 08:09:59 pm
      I think a capacity of about 60,000 will be fine for yourselfs.That will be an excess of around 15,000.If not 60,000,maybe between 60-66 thousand.A lot of tourists visit Anfield for the history,atmosphere,etc.Also,you scousers are getting better and may be challenging and maybe winning the Premier League come June next year so I think whether theres a new stadium or not,the capacity number needs to be raised.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #126: Jul 15, 2011 10:55:13 pm
      60,001 seats ,Everton Dan is starting to see the errors of his ways. :)
      Everton Dan
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #127: Jul 16, 2011 08:18:08 pm

Error???? How dare you :P
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #128: Jul 16, 2011 10:01:44 pm

I've been telling him that for years mate!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #129: Jul 16, 2011 10:15:37 pm
      I've been telling him that for years mate!
      It seems to be working ,keep telling him. ;D
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #130: Jul 17, 2011 08:45:59 am
      For me,60,000-65,000. Like a lot of people,refurbishment is my prefered option but if it's not viable fair enough. I trust these owners and we can't get away from the fact that they have to take one the options and fast.I sit in the Centenery and although i love going the game leg room isn't the best. I went to a number of away games last season in new stands/stadiums and the facilities and room were so different. Anfield is unique and should be kept if possible you wouldn't get the same atmosphere anywhere else. But as i say if we were to build a new stadium,i have enough trust in the new owners to build us something special.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: Jul 17, 2011 11:15:41 am
      This is a once in a lifetime move, we've got to make the most of it.  We'd sell out 70,000 for Utd, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal etc at £40 a pop, and if we cut down the ticket prices a little in the worst seats, to say £20 for Stoke et al, then we'd sell that out an'all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #132: Jul 17, 2011 11:28:41 am
      I'd go for 60,000 with the feasibility to add a further 10,000 to each stand, giving you scope for an easy 100,000 capacity if supply needs to meet demand.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Jul 17, 2011 11:36:36 am
      I'd go for 60,000 with the feasibility to add a further 10,000 to each stand, giving you scope for an easy 100,000 capacity if supply needs to meet demand.

Problem is that if it costs £80m to build a stand, it'll cost £30-40m just to do a small addition. Same as with motorway lane widening.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #134: Jul 17, 2011 11:40:55 am
      Problem is that if it costs £80m to build a stand, it'll cost £30-40m just to do a small addition. Same as with motorway lane widening.

Whilst I  agree with sentiment mate, I just think its best to scope supply and demand for a few seasons with a reasonably sized stadium rather than jump in feet first with a 100,000 seater stadium as nothing looks worse and detracts from the atmosphere than loads of empty seats in a Stadium.

Build a Stadium but incorporate simple expansion into the designs would be the way forward to me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #135: Jul 17, 2011 04:47:58 pm
      I remember reading that in the USA a couple of stadiums have been built where the spacings between seats can be adjusted if they ever want to increase capacity without extending the stands. In other words they build a 70k stadium, but only put in 60k seats. When/if the need arises to increase capacity the seats are moved closer together and more seats added. This not only ensures that the stadium doesn't look "half empty" but can (I think) have an increased capacity just for big games. Obviously this couldn't apply to us at the moment due to the traffic problems, but the option to expand in the future without further building work would, should it prove necessary and the traffic problems are eventually solved.   
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #136: Jul 17, 2011 05:30:02 pm
      As someone above mentioned this is a once in a lifetime move. If we are going to move then why should we only add an 15k odd on top of what we already have. We could fill a 70k seater in my opinion.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #137: Jul 17, 2011 10:27:49 pm
      As someone above mentioned this is a once in a lifetime move. If we are going to move then why should we only add an 15k odd on top of what we already have. We could fill a 70k seater in my opinion.

I am sure we could for the big games, whether we could against the lesser sides I very much doubt.  

Quick Reply