Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How big a stadium do we need

Read 77284 times
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Re: How big a stadium do we need
      Reply #345: Apr 06, 2012 01:57:15 pm
      65000 is big enough for us.
      Another 20000 a game is enough.
      Nothing worse than empty seats kills games dead.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #346: Apr 26, 2012 08:30:13 pm
      65000 is big enough for us.
      Another 20000 a game is enough.
      Nothing worse than empty seats kills games dead.
      20000 more people sitting there in silence would be a nightmare.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #347: Apr 28, 2012 01:59:35 am
      We are LFC, think one of the top 5 supported teams in the world so in theory we should have a world class stadium bigger than man utd. i say 85000, the wembley of the north, bigger than old toilet, even bigger than wembley itself. We could fill this stadium every week, if we dropped prices to early 90s levels, i believe atmosphere wins teams games, its more valuable than incoming monies.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #348: Apr 28, 2012 12:36:18 pm
      Just thought I'd remind those with massive capacity aspirations that Ian Ayre has already said that our 'sweet spot' (ie the difference between too empty and not enough seats) is 65,000 so I can't see them shelling out for an extra 10-20,000 seats after making a statement like that.

Personally I think we could fill a 75,000 but I haven't spent a small fortune on studying and researching it so what do I know?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #349: Apr 28, 2012 02:17:23 pm
      Huge clubs have huge stadiums - Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich.

60,000 is the range for big  - but not huge -  clubs like Arsenal, Celtic or Benfica.

Liverpool is a huge club and needs to start thinking and acting like one.

Tell the F***ing council then? It's not all the club's fault.

We are LFC, think one of the top 5 supported teams in the world so in theory we should have a world class stadium bigger than man utd. i say 85000, the wembley of the north, bigger than old toilet, even bigger than wembley itself. We could fill this stadium every week, if we dropped prices to early 90s levels, i believe atmosphere wins teams games, its more valuable than incoming monies.

Will never happen and plus, right now we haven't got the right infrastructure around Anfield to deal with the massive influx of extra traffic and that is the whole problem, it's not all the club's fault, it's also the fault of the City council and govt when F***ing the tram scheme off.
      Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #350: Apr 29, 2012 05:56:42 pm
      What is the latest on the season ticket waiting list ?  Would have thought that of the 65k that was on the original list, it would probably come in at around 45k

On that basis, to clear the list fully we would need a 90,000 seater - but think they will settle for around 70k, with a design that is able to be extended if requied
      Not likely I imagine the majority of people on the waiting list are members who go to most home games anyway so think you have double counted to an extent.  We are a massive club but 65,000 is our top at this stage and I can assure you we wouldn't fill it every week at that if we did
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #351: Apr 29, 2012 09:18:09 pm
      I think any one suggesting anything less than 70,000 is seriously underestimating the massive suport we have in this country alone.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #352: Apr 29, 2012 10:49:15 pm
      I think any one suggesting anything less than 70,000 is seriously underestimating the massive suport we have in this country alone.
      This.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #353: Apr 30, 2012 01:23:48 pm

Tell our Managing Director Ian Ayre, he said 65,000 and it's probably wise to listen to the captain of the ship than one of the passengers. ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #354: Apr 30, 2012 02:13:47 pm
      and it's probably wise to listen to the captain of the ship than one of the passengers. ;)

Unless your on the Costa Concordia that is..  :roll:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #355: Apr 30, 2012 02:21:36 pm
      Not likely I imagine the majority of people on the waiting list are members who go to most home games anyway so think you have double counted to an extent.  We are a massive club but 65,000 is our top at this stage and I can assure you we wouldn't fill it every week at that if we did

Bullshit, we could fill more than 65,000 if something bigger was built and the pricing structure was right.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #356: Apr 30, 2012 08:07:21 pm
      90,000. 20-25 quid for the cheapest priced ticket. Simple
      Jag-Man
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #357: May 04, 2012 07:26:38 am
      Its not what we want, its what we can get. Liverpool planning will only give us 60,000, might get that up to 62,000.

What we do need is a stadium we can grow in, you only have to look at Man U.(sorry for saying those words) and how there stadium has grown over the last 10 to 15 years, now there talking to add another 3,000 seats.

For Liverpool to start at 60,000 or 62,000 seats, but a stadium where can add seats, getting it upto about 70,000 when we can get planning.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #358: May 04, 2012 11:24:42 am
      Its not what we want, its what we can get. Liverpool planning will only give us 60,000, might get that up to 62,000.

What we do need is a stadium we can grow in, you only have to look at Man U.(sorry for saying those words) and how there stadium has grown over the last 10 to 15 years, now there talking to add another 3,000 seats.

For Liverpool to start at 60,000 or 62,000 seats, but a stadium where can add seats, getting it upto about 70,000 when we can get planning.

They've got room to improve and expand, Old Trafford doesn't have the same problems we have at Anfield. Look at the areas around the ground, still plenty of houses will need getting shut off and we will still require help from the council and govt of the day in sorting out transport problems.

It's not just the club's fault we cannot expand to what the mancs have and maybe Liverpool fans should stop looking to those inbred wankers down the east lancs and getting green with jealousy.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #359: May 10, 2012 11:39:21 pm

The theory is good but it doesn't work like that.

Sad thing was.
      In the Revenge of the Reds game earlier in the week it was sad to see yawning gaps in the top tier of the stand opposite the camera position.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #360: May 21, 2012 11:52:02 pm
      Arsenal can fill out their stadium with ease as it's situated in London and it's quite easy to fill out there. Likewise, Man Utd fill out because their fans are from London.... being the top team will get you the glory hunters traipsing up north to Old Trafford. Seeing as we're not successful at the moment, the management are hedging their bets on a safe number, such as 60-65000. It's common sense I suppose, but there should always be the possibility to expand the stadium significantly.

Quick Reply