Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Howard Webb

Read 32483 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Howard Webb
      Reply #138: Feb 18, 2014 09:40:24 pm
      He looks like he's in his 50's RP.

That is what Wiki says, and Wiki is never wrong. :D

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #139: Feb 18, 2014 09:41:03 pm

Unlike Howard Webb

:P
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #140: Feb 18, 2014 09:43:22 pm

Wikid man .

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #141: Feb 18, 2014 09:44:49 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #142: Feb 18, 2014 10:01:15 pm
      It's good to have him under the spotlight Stuey and now it's not just us Reds saying it .

....and the light is getting more powerful and clearer mate, the fuckers with issues and agendas will be discovered and isolated.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #143: Feb 18, 2014 10:05:57 pm
      The guy's just a grade A t**t with the added bonus of being an ex South Yorkshire copper which earns him extra t**t points.

A double t**t - we should make a song up for him for next time he refs us, although after the s**t storm he's been through since Sunday it might be a long time before he gets one of our games  ;D

Come to think of it, there's something very weird happening with our media, they normally say nothing when we get bad calls, or blame it on the nasty, racist, South American who bites people.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #144: Feb 18, 2014 10:07:20 pm
      ....and the light is getting more powerful and clearer mate, the fuckers with issues and agendas will be discovered and isolated.
      I guarantee you mate that if this happened in the Bundesliga he'd be gone already.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #145: Feb 18, 2014 10:09:27 pm
      Come to think of it, there's something very weird happening with our media, they normally say nothing when we get bad calls, or blame it on the nasty, racist, South American who bites people.
      I wonder has it anything to do with fergie not been around anymore Debs ?

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #146: Feb 18, 2014 10:14:20 pm

Not sure mate, maybe being in the top 4 all season and actually playing good football and winning games is the difference. 

You know how the media like to jump on a bandwagon and it wouldn't do their credibility much good if they continued to regurgitate the usual s**t we've endured from them since the start of the EPL, when we're actually doing quite well. 
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #147: Feb 18, 2014 10:42:52 pm
      Not sure mate, maybe being in the top 4 all season and actually playing good football and winning games is the difference. 

You know how the media like to jump on a bandwagon and it wouldn't do their credibility much good if they continued to regurgitate the usual s**t we've endured from them since the start of the EPL, when we're actually doing quite well. 
      Rodgers is tv friendly as well Debs , which helps , and I've noticed the way the media have backed off of Suarez .

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #148: Feb 18, 2014 10:46:56 pm
      Rodgers is tv friendly as well Debs , which helps , and I've noticed the way the media have backed off of Suarez .

That's true mate about Brendan and yes they have.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #149: Feb 18, 2014 11:13:33 pm

Maybe it's more to do with the ongoing inquiry into the injustice and immoral treatment metered out to the victims and their families, possibly there is a realisation that the inevitable is looming large and it is no longer a closed book.
       The S. Yorkshire police authority is under intense scrutiny and the cracks are showing, it would seem that certain parties are fully aware of the implications involved in the findings of future enquiries and suitably contrite.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #150: Feb 18, 2014 11:17:53 pm
      Maybe it's more to do with the ongoing inquiry into the injustice and immoral treatment metered out to the victims and their families, possibly there is a realisation that the inevitable is looming large and it is no longer a closed book.
       The S. Yorkshire police authority is under intense scrutiny and the cracks are showing, it would seem that certain parties are fully aware of the implications involved in the findings of future enquiries and suitably contrite.

They see their empire crumbling and like the rats they are desert the sinking ship .

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #151: Feb 19, 2014 12:53:45 am
      Both sergeants if I'm not mistaken, not forgetting of course there are still some twisted bas**rds in Sheffield that hold LFC supporters responsible for Hillsborough, to say nothing of Webb snr and jnr having colleagues directly involved in the tragedy.
      All factors of course that would have no influence on Webb discharging his duties as a professional referee; in much the same way as the S.Yorkshire police authority have acted fairly and without impunity since the tragedy. 

edit: The above is not without touches of profound sarcasm.

Isnt his 5 year sabbatical started 2009 from the South Yorks Police Force up this year  ?
      Sure it is.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #152: Feb 19, 2014 12:57:49 am
      i know it sucks to stop the momentum of a game etc... but the league could try what they do in american football and the coaches /managers have say 1 'challenge' they can do in the course of a game.  doing something like this will really help eliminate a ref influencing a game too much.  if what happened in arsenal happens again and say rodgers doesnt issue a challenge, then it is our fault and not the refs.

just a thought
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #153: Feb 19, 2014 01:25:33 am
      More like spider webb and LFC keep getting caught in it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #154: Feb 19, 2014 09:00:30 am
      Isnt his 5 year sabbatical started 2009 from the South Yorks Police Force up this year  ?
      Sure it is.

He'll be having roll play issues because as he sees it there is no practical difference in refereeing a game of football and apprehending law breakers on the street, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the icey stare that cut through Raheem when he touched Webb could be met with not a whistle but one of those handy fold up batons and claims that the player had been drinking and was preparing to riot.
      Having said that there is no reason not to suppose that Webb at some point will emerge from the tunnel wearing a bobby's helmet - no change there then.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #155: Feb 19, 2014 10:33:28 am
      I think we would be top if it wasn't for this c**t of a man
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #156: Feb 19, 2014 10:55:03 am
      Even though we were robbed from a a replay there is no guarantee we would have won the replay,  but seriously... how much mmoney has he cost Liverpool with that one replay? We would have turned Everton over at Anfield I'm sure of that.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #157: Mar 04, 2014 05:35:34 pm
      I can't believe that this c**t has been chosen to referee the manc game , advantage to Gollum straight away . Those pricks in fa headquarters need sorting out they do .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #158: Mar 04, 2014 05:52:52 pm
      Howard Webb = c**t With ears.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #159: Mar 04, 2014 07:04:58 pm
      Lads are we losing the run of ourselves for no reason?

From the prem league site

When are referees selected?

The appointment of match officials for matches is traditionally announced each Monday with 19 referees available to officiate 10 Premier League matches and six selected Football League matches.

The appointments are made by the Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB).

We don't play until Sunday week so by the above rule there wont be a ref named until this coming Monday
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #160: Mar 05, 2014 10:23:15 am
      The pressure will be on him.

If Suarez, or anyone else for that matter, gets clattered in the box and he does not give a pen, then I guess that will prove the fact, that the ex-South Yorkshire Policeman is in biased against Liverpool Football Club.

Quick Reply