Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110757 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #230: May 16, 2009 05:29:05 pm
      NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #231: May 16, 2009 05:29:19 pm
      See what I did there? ^^^
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #232: May 16, 2009 08:14:45 pm
      Will take him ,if he decides to break off his contract with Kia Joor..something with the mancs help and betrays them by joining us instead!! That way he will be forgiven and be a free signing for us too!!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #233: May 16, 2009 09:16:48 pm
      To be honest, I just see him as a dirty manc now, and I don't particularly want him here. I don't see him getting regular football at Liverpool to be honest. Gerrard and Torres over him any day of the week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #234: May 16, 2009 09:35:18 pm
      Will take him ,if he decides to break off his contract with Kia Joor..something with the mancs help and betrays them by joining us instead!! That way he will be forgiven and be a free signing for us too!!

He wouldn't be forgiven because he is the main player that turned the game around against Wigan when Wigan were leading and were defending pretty well so therefore even if he can sign for free i dont expect to see him wearing the red of Liverpool because even though he has only been on loan at United he has still become a dirty Manc!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #235: May 16, 2009 10:47:57 pm
      Did a bit of a Keane when he got brought off today didn't he?  Had a little shake of his head ............and the way he was waving to the scum fans as if to say goodbye, this is my last game  :-\

govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #236: May 17, 2009 03:57:04 am
      He wouldn't be forgiven because he is the main player that turned the game around against Wigan when Wigan were leading and were defending pretty well so therefore even if he can sign for free I dont expect to see him wearing the red of Liverpool because even though he has only been on loan at United he has still become a dirty Manc!

Have to agree with that. ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #237: May 17, 2009 08:31:51 am
      Hmm... sounds like he wants to f**k off.  On the pitch after being presented with the trophy.

Interview: 'Do you want to stay at Manchester United?'

Tevez: 'Very difficult...'(walks off)

I can't believe you watched that much of it. I turned it over after the final whistle went. Personally, I just couldn't bare to watch their celebrations or them being presented with the Trophy. Just hurt too much.  :f_wah:
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #238: May 17, 2009 09:22:21 am
      Buy,Buy Tevez
      LIVERPOOL are confident of gatecrashing Manchester United's title party by snatching Carlos Tevez in a stunning £22million raid.

In what promises to be the biggest transfer coup of the summer, Kop boss Rafa Benitez has decided to make signing the Old Trafford idol his top priority.

He will make the offer for the Argentine striker after this month's Champions League final.

Benitez has already earmarked Liverpool's No 10 shirt for the South American and alerted the player's representatives of his determination to make a deal happen.

Now Tevez is willing to snub overtures from across Europe - and a £135,000-a-week offer from Manchester City - to become the first player to make the sensational move direct from Old Trafford to Anfield in 45 years.

Benitez's confidence he will land the striker grew after Tevez's announced his intention to quit United in last week's Sport of the World exclusive.

Liverpool have put a transfer strategy in place which relies on the £18m sale of Xabi Alonso and the release of up to 10 other squad players, raising the necessary funds to pay for 25-year-old Tevez.

Benitez wasn't originally in the market for a striker this summer, but the opportunity to steal Tevez from under the nose of Sir Alex Ferguson has been too much to resist.

Rafa is still smarting from Fergie's refusal to allow Gabriel Heinze a Kop move two years and wants to ram the United boss's claim he'd never let a top player join Liverpool down his neck.

Most importantly, he sees Tevez as a world class addition to his emerging squad, with Gareth Barry also joining from Aston Villa to add a formidable array of talent at Anfield.

Although the frontline partnership between Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres has been an electrifying success for the Merseysiders, Rafa doesn't want to pay the price for more injury woes to his hitmen next season.

He believes Torres' hamstring problems cost Liverpool the vital points which would have won the title. And there are concerns about the large amount of football the striker has missed recently.

Benitez is currently headhunting a replacement physio to join his backroom team next season, with particular focus on protecting his Spanish superstar from further muscle problems.

He sees an attacking trio of Tevez and Torres, with the versatile Gerrard rotating between forward and midfield roles, as the winning formula for a renewed title assault.

The capture of Tevez will also reassure Kop fans disturbed by the prospect of losing the popular Alonso.

Alonso has said he'd rather stay on Merseyside, but privately his relationship with manager has been strained since last summer. He's set to snub a mega-offer of his own from Manchester City in order to join Real Madrid.

It was thought Alonso was being forced out to make way for Aston Villa's Barry, but it's now clear Benitez wants Tevez and Barry as he reshapes his side.

Liverpool were hopeful of offloading former Real Sociedad star Alonso to Manchester City after learning that Mark Hughes was ready to pay £18m.

But the midfielder, 27, whose wife gave birth to their first son just over a year ago, would need to have been persuaded to make the move and sacrifice Champions League football.

A source close to Alonso said: "If he was given the choice he would join Real Madrid and they are definitely very interested in signing him."

He has three years left on the five-year deal he signed in the summer of 2007 and Real would be willing to pay Liverpool around £15m.

Benitez was willing to listen to offers for the player last summer but his failure to land Barry meant they had to turn down an enquiry from Arsenal. Alonso was also strongly linked with a move to Juventus.

Tevez's desire to move to Liverpool will stun Fergie and the Old Trafford faithful, but the lure of joining his friend Javier Mascherano in a side where he'll be first choice will be hard to resist.

Liverpool fit the bill for the striker because he won't have to move home and is also assured Champions League football and a title challenge next season.

The irony won't be lost on both United and Liverpool fans that it is Tevez's performances in the last month which have gone a long way to keeping the title at Old Trafford for another year. But that has not put off Benitez, who thinks Tevez has recently proved Fergie has made a mistake not securing the player on a permanent deal.

The north-west rivals have notoriously refused to do business with each other over five decades of power-shifting success.

Paul Ince played for both club's in the 1990s, but joined Liverpool after a stint at Inter Milan. The last player to move directly from United to Liverpool was Phil Chisnall, signed by Bill Shankly in 1964.

Liverpool's pursuit of Tevez will see the battle lines between Rafa and Fergie drawn earlier than ever over the summer.

On the day United equalled Liverpool's record of 18 titles, Benitez was preparing to fire the first bullets in next season's war of words between the managers.

Tevez exclusively revealed he plans to quit Old Trafford but stay in England in the News of the World last week.

He told us: "It's not true I want to leave England for Spain. My four-year-old daughter Florencia is learning English and my wife is very happy living in England.

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best league in the world and it suits my style."
      http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/565100322
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #239: May 17, 2009 09:33:06 am
      ^^^ Both Rafa and Xabi have both said that Xabi is going nowhere I didn't bother reading after that point.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #240: May 17, 2009 09:49:58 am
      ^^^ Both Rafa and Xabi have both said that Xabi is going nowhere I didn't bother reading after that point.

Ditto, once it said the signing of Tevez would rely on Alonso's sale, I knew it was garbage.

I've gone cold on Tevez, when we think of his price, it's too high for a player who wouldn't fit into the starting XI, and I don't want us to change our system to fit him in. Look at the mess Robbie Keane caused, I don't want that happening again.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #241: May 17, 2009 09:56:55 am
      You can't compare Keane and Tevez, Tevez is a big step up from Robbie, look at Utd at the end of last season, they didn't need a striker and theys still bought Berbatov, we need strength in depth and a top class striker is a priority, Gerrard and Torres played 12 Premiership games together this season.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #242: May 17, 2009 09:59:31 am
      I think, if Rafa want to buy another midfielder, he should scrap that idea. Alonso has said he's going nowhere and Barry I think doesn't give us any advantage in the midfield area. We should find another winger and a support striker thats all!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #243: May 17, 2009 10:03:33 am
      You can't compare Keane and Tevez, Tevez is a big step up from Robbie, look at Utd at the end of last season, they didn't need a striker and theys still bought Berbatov, we need strength in depth and a top class striker is a priority, Gerrard and Torres played 12 Premiership games together this season.

I wasn't comparing the players, more the signing of someone who wouldn't fit into our current system without either a) dropping one of our essential players, or b) changing the system altogether.

I still feel a winger is our priority, as I don't reckon our transfer kitty will allow us the luxury of spending £20 million or more in each position.

After all, if you say we can't compare Keane and Tevez, I don't think it's fair to compare our spending power to United's.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      Reply #244: May 17, 2009 10:09:53 am
      I have doubts about that article macca8. Just yesterday,Rafa confirmed that Xabi will be staying and today another speculation? NO never will I accept Xabi being sold in order to finance for Tevez!! NO!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #245: May 17, 2009 10:44:03 am
      The last few posts have been split into the General Transfer Discussion, as the conversation had nothing to do with Tevez at that point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #246: May 17, 2009 11:01:22 am
      Tevez is a manc. He won them the title and he cried coming off yesterday. He should not ever be handed a Liverpool shirt.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #247: May 17, 2009 11:09:37 am
      Just for a minute i thought this article would be serious..
      and then xabi was sold for 18m...
      and then i fell asleep
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #248: May 17, 2009 11:47:02 am
      On the BBC gossip there's some bits on Tevez coming to us.
      Obvioulsy this stuff is complete crap 99% of the time but anyway:

Carlos Tevez broke down in tears as he waved an apparent final farewell to Manchester United supporters, following the goalless draw with Arsenal that clinched their third successive Premier League title. He had earlier told Argentine TV: "I know that I am not going to continue at Manchester United."

Liverpool are the front-runners to sign the Argentine, in a deal variously reported to be worth between £22m and £26m.

£22m-£26m they say?
      And where on earth is that money coming from?
      If we had that money i'd rather give it all to Xabi Alonso to stay for life  ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #249: May 17, 2009 11:52:40 am
      Mixed stories on Sky Sports concerning Tevez, one article claims that it was maybe a goodbye whilst another talks about how United are hoping to sort it out in June, a deal worth 25 million. I certainly don't want to spend that amount of money on him. We got Torres for a couple of million less than that and he's a far better player.
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #250: May 17, 2009 12:04:51 pm
      It would be absolutely immense if we signed Tevez. I think he'd be a cracking signing and the reacion of the Mancs would be the cherry on the cake!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #251: May 17, 2009 12:08:21 pm
      It would be absolutely immense if we signed Tevez. I think he'd be a cracking signing and the reacion of the Mancs would be the cherry on the cake!

Agreed but not at the expense of having to sell Xabi to fund the purchase of Tevez.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #252: May 17, 2009 12:18:14 pm
      Would Whisky nose not sabotage the sale of Tevez, just out of spite like he did with Heinze. I personally think that Ashley Young would be a better addition - But that's my opinion-. But if we have to sell Xabi to fund the above then would rather remain as we are

Quick Reply