Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110977 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
      Reply #759: Jul 15, 2009 05:27:00 pm
      Well I hope his head drops off in the Manchester Derby and Robhino volleys it into Fergiscums lap, that of course after city are beating the bas**rds 3-0 ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #760: Jul 15, 2009 06:24:10 pm
      I don't even think his intention was to piss Fergie off...he could join us if he wanted to! It even makes the purple nose turned black...but instead of the glory of UCL we offered he choses the money and the greed over us.

I'd go as far as saying the decision wasn't even his, more like the decision was that of Kia Joorabchian. So it was always going to be about the money and plus the fact that City paid all of the money upfront.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #761: Jul 17, 2009 02:17:55 pm

:lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #762: Jul 17, 2009 02:24:21 pm
      Uh, he was in Manchester...?

F***ing tits :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #763: Jul 17, 2009 02:27:27 pm
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #764: Jul 18, 2009 04:49:59 pm
      Is This The Real Reason Tevez Joined City?

Article by Pete Cummings   Friday, 17th July 2009
      One to ponder over your afternoon tea

Money? Start of something big? To spite Sir Alex? What were the real reasons why Carlos Tevez turned his back on Old Trafford and moved to Eastlands? After a thorough investigation I think I have the answer.

Well to begin with, Carlos is clearly not a glory hunting bandwagon player. These are the players identified by the fact they want to join a 'club with history' or make statement such as 'I want to win things and here I will be able to do that.' If Carlos was a bandwagon player, he would have stayed at United or joined Chelsea, Liverpool or Real Madrid.

Carlos is obviously not here for the money or he would have stayed where he was. A deal at Old Trafford would have made him the highest paid player at the club so clearly money was not the motive.

Fall out with Sir Alex is a more possible theory than the other two but still unlikely. What better way to have a dig at your former boss than to join their rivals? However both Sir Alex and Carlos claim that the other never contacted them so that one is impossible to call.

The fourth and most likely reason is really very simple; Carlos wanted to play in Manchester. Really, when he claims Sir Alex lied to him, Carlos was simply referring to the name Manchester United. This is quite clearly a misrepresentation as United actually play in the borough of Trafford, a separate council to Manchester altogether.

In an ideal world they should be called Trafford United which is a fairer representation and this should have been addressed when they moved from Newton Heath, which was in Manchester, to their present location. Wimbledon FC moved from Wimbledon to Milton Keynes and appropriately changed their name to MK Dons so why is it different for United?

Carlos must have endured two years of hell in Trafford, while longingly looking across the City at the real Manchester club playing in blue. How agonising it must have been for him on derby day when he crossed the Trafford border in the city, knowing where he really wanted to be.

Maybe this sad misrepresentation is the reason why City have missed out on so many players over the years and is the only reason why United have been more successful than the blues. Maybe it is time to set the geographic boundaries and advise these players that if they want to play in Manchester, there is only on place to achieve this.

And it certainly isn't in Trafford.

http://www.manchestercity-mad.co.uk/news/loadsngl.asp?cid=ED13&id=453899

Not even funny.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #765: Apr 14, 2010 01:46:03 am
      Complaining about the 'work load' at City and questioning the decision to sack Mark Hughes earlier in the season.

That's going to do a whole world of good for his relationship with the manager.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #766: Jul 04, 2011 10:48:41 pm

Tevez: I want to leave City THIS summer

Published 22:11 04/07/11

Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez says he wants to leave the club THIS summer, according to reports.

The striker, currently on international duty with Argentina, has been linked with a move away from England for months amid claims he misses his daughters, who still live in South America.

Tevez issued a statement tonight explaining that his desire to live in a country where his family will be prepared to join him:

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club. I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheik Mansoor, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

"I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

"Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me. Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.

"I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

"Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud.

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the city cause has been 100 per cent on the pitch.

"I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League. I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future."

Despite Tevez's desire to leave, it is felt few clubs will be able to match the wages mega-bucks City are paying him, as well as the £50m they will want for him.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-news-Carlos-Tevez-says-wants-leave-club-this-summer-according-to-report-article756488.html
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      I killed a guy with a trident.
      Reply #767: Jul 04, 2011 10:59:21 pm
      Fairy nuff.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #768: Jul 04, 2011 11:00:28 pm
      Hairy Muff
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #769: Jul 05, 2011 12:21:57 pm
      Interesting thing with Tevez is that he is on a fortune, and is one of City's biggest assets.

Under the Financial Fair Play they will definitely need to get top dollar for him - but now that everyone knows he wants off who is going to place a big bid for him?

Especially when they know all about his wages and his homesickness.

Can't see him going anywhere - and can see it getting messy.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #770: Jul 05, 2011 12:28:42 pm
      Interesting thing with Tevez is that he is on a fortune, and is one of City's biggest assets.

Under the Financial Fair Play they will definitely need to get top dollar for him - but now that everyone knows he wants off who is going to place a big bid for him?

Especially when they know all about his wages and his homesickness.

Can't see him going anywhere - and can see it getting messi.

BREAKING NEWS- JD Reveals shock player plus cash deal including Lionel Messi and Tevez!
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #771: Jul 05, 2011 12:29:53 pm
      Never been in this position working away from home for long periods, but if he misses he daughters and wife that much why don't they live over here with him?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #772: Jul 05, 2011 12:57:56 pm
      To be completely fair to Tevez, he never stopped performing for City, despite the situation. Something that can't be said for a certain Spanish striker not too long ago.

Definitely going to be a strange scenario with regards to finding a new club who can afford his transfer fee and wages who aren't in England.

Manchester City = career enders.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #773: Jul 05, 2011 01:06:37 pm
      Think that this time around he's handled himself like a professional.

Although its sour to admit, he's done great things for Shitty and its true, he's never stopped performing for them.  More or less carried them to the FA Cup and 4th place

That statement says all the right things.  He is moving for the right reasons, to be with his family and not for money or fame.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #774: Jul 05, 2011 01:10:25 pm
      No South American club could afford him. City wont have thier top asset leaving for anything but top dollar. Very interesting to see how this unfolds
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #775: Jul 05, 2011 02:17:32 pm
      No South American club could afford him. City wont have thier top asset leaving for anything but top dollar. Very interesting to see how this unfolds
      My prediction ...

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #776: Jul 05, 2011 02:20:22 pm
      I think he'll go to Madrid IMO. They need a striker IMHO and Aguero isn't available to them so Tevez seems the likely choice IMO.

I hate shiekh's. Wish we had someone who could get world class players right of the bat. I'm not having a go at FSG either, they'll be great. Just woulda have liked an oil shiekh ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #777: Jul 05, 2011 03:50:10 pm
      If your prediction turns out to be correct then it proves that the excuse of missing his daughters was nonsense.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #778: Jul 05, 2011 04:38:27 pm

If he goes to Spain, then his other half can get to know Mascherano's Home Sick Wife!

All Bollocks. He knew what Manchester was like, as he'd played for the scum the year before.

He said he hated Manchester as it was always raining, and nothing to do when your friends came round, and now it's the children. All bollocks.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #779: Jul 05, 2011 10:30:38 pm
      If your prediction turns out to be correct then it proves that the excuse of missing his daughters was nonsense.
      Why ? He would be earning his millions in a Spanish-speaking environment that looks like this ...

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #780: Jul 06, 2011 01:07:15 am
      I'm know where Malaga is, thanks. It would still mean relocating his daughters if the excuse was genuine and he doesn't seem to have made any attempt to do so or fit in around London or Manchester (by his own admission, he hasn't picked up the language).
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #781: Jul 12, 2011 09:55:55 am
      Rumours becoming very strong that he is coming back to Brazil. :f_doh:

Quick Reply