Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110469 times
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 317 posts |
      Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
      Apr 23, 2009 10:20:39 am
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8013479.stm#

With Tevez loan finishing at the end of the season, can you see us putting in a bid for Tevez and would any of us want him at our club.
      Me personally thinks he is a fantastic player who's talent is wasted at the scum, he never stops working and i could see him easily slotting into our team the link with Mashcer would make be interesting.

I also feel United wont put a bid in for him because they just paid over £30 mil for lazy boy Berbatov, and Tevez is on the bench alot of games.

Be good to here your thoughts on this onne.

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009 11:54:29 am by CRK »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Tevez (Man united)
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2009 10:34:48 am
      no doubt he has the quality,and would make us a even more potent attacking force,but it is all about the funds,dont think rafa will spend 30 million on one player.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: Tevez (Man united)
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2009 10:43:29 am
      30million. No way, he hardly plays and is finishing at the end of the season.
      Although would he be accepted?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2009 10:43:39 am
      no doubt he has the quality,and would make us a even more potent attacking force,but it is all about the funds,dont think rafa will spend 30 million on one player.

Why don't we loan him like the Manc sh*te did?

No - not worth £30 million.  Very hit and miss with United - and besides we've already fulfilled our ugly quota at Anfield.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Apr 23, 2009 10:56:43 am
      Ide pay 20 mill for him, get 10 mill for babel, then he would only cost 10 mill
      mikki
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 23, 2009 11:19:24 am
      I think we got the better player out of the 2 - Masch has been really good this year, he has matured this year and formed a great partnership with Xabi.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 23, 2009 02:06:10 pm
      I wouldnt mind getting Tevez here,30 mil is a bit steep though.Put in a 20 mil offer on him and work it from there.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7: Apr 23, 2009 02:20:58 pm
      Would love to see the ugly b***ard here, he is aclass player.

Unfortunetly this season he just hasnt played regularly enough and being able to gather any sort of momentum to his game. Him and Torres would be one deadly combination.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #8: Apr 23, 2009 02:26:13 pm
      Damn, i forgot to post a news article when i did this topic last night. No wonder it got deleted  :f_doh:

I'd like to see him in our shirt next season, he'd be a very good partner for Nando.

He's got bags of skill and is as strong as a bull so will be able to hold the ball up well. Plus, if Rafa is going to rotate a lot next season or if injuries strike like we all know they can then we're going to need a top line striker to cover.

This guy fits the bill but £30million? I think some serious wheeler-dealing is going to have to happen to pull it off.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Apr 23, 2009 02:27:47 pm
      I'd be interested in him, though I have to admit as I don't watch Man Utd every week, I don't know what attacking positions he can play.

£30 million is a lot, is he able to cover several different positions? If he could be cover striker/second striker/wide right or left, then it would be a decent deal, because he would have a starting slot most weeks depending on the number of competitions we were playing and any injuries that might be hampering us.

Certainly can't fault his determination and attitude - he would fit well into our side in that respect alone.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 317 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 23, 2009 02:52:43 pm
      He does tend to play in alot of different positions, he would be good behind Torres if stevie wasn't available, very good as a back up to Torres could also see him play wide right or wide lef, basically he is very vesatile. Hopefully when his loan finishes we could get him for £20 - £25 mil. And at that price think its good business.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #11: Apr 23, 2009 02:54:14 pm
      No, don't want him. Not really good in a United shirt IMO. And 30 million, would just eat up our whole transfer budget isn't it? He has the quality, but I think he's gonna be a bit of a Robbie Keane when he comes here.

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #12: Apr 23, 2009 03:17:06 pm
      He's down the pecking order at the scum but when he does get games he generally plays very well.

Wasn't he benched for ages after Berbatov arrived then scored 4 when he did finally get a game only to be benched again the week after?

He was consistently good too when he was playing week in, week out for West Ham.

All said and done though i wouldn't give £30 million or even £20 million for him.

Maybe £15 million plus Itandje :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13: Apr 23, 2009 03:28:20 pm
      he's got more to offer than keane,good going forward and also prepared to defend,great movement also the kind of mentality trhat you need,would complement fernando,but as been stated my his manegement team the figure is way of the mark,not worth 30 million,more likely to fetch around the 25 mark.
      torres/silva/tevez would look good in our squad.

wonder what would fergie think if we came in with a bid?
      think rafa should make it public to wind up red nose.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Apr 23, 2009 03:30:23 pm
      Wouldn't spend 30 million on him, would be hard pushed to spend 20 million him. But he is certainly a Benitez type of player - hard worker. He'll run from now until doomsday for the cause but I certainly wouldn't have him ahead of Nando or Stevie and doubt he'd get in a Rafa Benitez side ahead of Dirk Kuyt which is why I wouldn't spend 20 million on him to sit on the bench, we don't have that luxery at the moment. And as for left wing, well although I think Riera is a waste of time out there, I don't think Tevez is a left winger by any stretch.

I'd much prefer the money spent on a proper left winger, rather than a makeshift one.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2009 03:36:34 pm
      I'd much prefer the money spent on a proper left winger, rather than a makeshift one.

Riera a waste of time? Don't talk cack.

One of our better players this season - not perfect, but certainly been very good on the whole.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2009 03:40:38 pm
      wonder what would fergie think if we came in with a bid?

He couldn't say F**k all since ManUre don't own him. Would be hilarious tho if we were to steal him and he was instrumental in helping us win back to back titles ;)
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2009 03:53:26 pm
      He's a great player even though never got the playing time needed. The Scums almost depending on that Berbalazyboy although in my opinion Tevez is better than him. 30 million is a serious money but if we could bid around 20 million that will be great. Don't know about cash+player because Tevez is not in contract with any club. I think his owner is a 3rd party management if i'm not mistaken. I think you can't swap players+cash right? It's only cash term.
      DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2009 04:27:15 pm
      He is a player who will greatly increase our goal's tally without negatively affecting the team balance. He can play on both wings and alongside Torres as second striker and is physically strong. Specially against weaker teams which defend with 10 men, he can be great asset. Unlike Kuyt, Tevez has the ability to take on defenders as well.

Personally I would like either him or Silva to join us next season. But don't think that we are in a condition to spend 30 million on one player.  :(
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2009 04:31:14 pm
      Though Tevez would bring us quality to win more trophies, I wouldn't pay 30 million for him. Maybe not even 25 million.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #20: Apr 23, 2009 04:40:00 pm
      Considering he always but always scores against us, i would still have him.

The mans a work horse and for that reason he doesnt seem to belong in a Manure shirt.  He would obviously click with Mash so that would also be good for us.

As much as i like Babel, i cant be listening to his constant whining about being on the bench alot of the time and Tevez could be the answer to that.

How the lazy f*cker Berbatov gets games ahead of him i will never know, maybe its Fergie keeping the board happy by playing 30mill every game?

Personally, Tevez would be good for us alongside Nando and infront of Stevie.

That would mean our attacking options would be Torres, Tevez, Kuyt, Yossi and N'gog which i think is pretty damn scarey to any team
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21: Apr 23, 2009 04:49:35 pm
      Everybody is aware that 36million is the minimum fee for Tevez right? I don't know about you, but no thanks imo
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #22: Apr 23, 2009 04:52:00 pm
      Everybody is aware that 36million is the minimum fee for Tevez right? I don't know about you, but no thanks imo

I think Fergie will be happy with a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label judging by how knackered he looks lately

Quick Reply