Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110432 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2009 04:54:04 pm
      IMO he is like Kuyt, a work horse that never stops running and although he is capable of scoring a lot of goals he doesn't so what would be the point in spending all that money for a player we already have?

Also i doubt he would want to join us anyway because if he isn't happy about not playing every week at United then he wont be happy not playing every week for us.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Apr 23, 2009 05:21:11 pm
      Rafa would love the player because of his work rate, Tevez made a big mistake going to MU. I can't see him being bought by Ferguson for 30 mill so if Rafa makes it look like he's interested he'll lay out a big part of the fee he gets for Ronaldo.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #25: Apr 23, 2009 05:41:52 pm
      I think he is definately a Benitez type player and a wonderful asset to any team.  I would be definitely be interested if we can work round the fee.  Apparantley Utd have to pay 10m+ for the loan period and then it is around 22m for the player.  I think 22m would be alright and worth it.  Saying that since he has been dropped to the bench more often than not when Rooney has been fit it should have an effect on his valuation.  So if the players owner MSS or whatever they're called want to finally release a player that they had for so long then a deal can be reached if we're interested.  But if they're going to go round the long term loan method again then it will again be a substancial 30m+ which isn't really worth it.

I think Tevez would be a wonderful acquisition, but we have to make room for a good quality winger, which will require at least  12m.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Apr 23, 2009 05:48:17 pm
      Everybody is aware that 36million is the minimum fee for Tevez right? I don't know about you, but no thanks imo

If there's no room for bargaining then that's pissed on my bonfire.

No chance in hell I'd want us to pay that much for him, talented or not.
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 23, 2009 05:50:11 pm
      I think he would be a great asset to us pity he had 2 years with the Mancs
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Apr 23, 2009 05:52:33 pm
      I think Fergie will be happy with a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label judging by how knackered he looks lately

To bad he isn't a United player then...  :-\

He is the property of Kia Durabshin (that guy who we bought Mash off) and not United. He has been on loan the whole time, costing United 8mill a season or something. But they can't officially sign him until they cough up 36mill up front
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 23, 2009 07:38:18 pm
      No doubt would be a quality signing, Not too sure where he would play in the team though, on the left?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #30: Apr 23, 2009 08:11:42 pm
      Like most people I think Tevez would be a good addition but the price would have to be right.For me our priority should be getting David Silva or Kun Aguero.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #31: Apr 23, 2009 08:19:47 pm
      I like Tevez because from the manure games i've seen him play he's not dirty. He doesn't dive or cheat (nearly as much as the other man u players) and i think he'd work brilliantly with Mascherano but, depends what position he'd play in. I don't think we need him and certainly not for anything like 36 million as mags stated if that's true.

Would be hilarious if he scored for us against man u but even though that would be great, we shouldn't spend so much on someone who isn't a necessary purchase.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Apr 23, 2009 08:39:05 pm
      I think he would do a great job for us, himself Gerrard, Torres and Tevez would be frightening, he was brilliant for Utd last season, he has really being messed around this season. 30 million is way to much though, if he was available for 15 then it would be another story.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Apr 23, 2009 09:06:37 pm
      Sign him just to give Fergie a stroke
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Apr 23, 2009 11:21:03 pm
      He's already been got at though hasn't he......he's been 'fergietised', and had that manky scummy shirt on.....do we really want a manc castoff  ???

He's a pretty good player, but the price would have to be right for me.....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #35: Apr 23, 2009 11:54:56 pm
      He's a pretty good player, but the price would have to be right for me.....

Why, how much would you cost? ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Apr 23, 2009 11:58:25 pm

I'm priceless DLS  :lmao:
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 24, 2009 12:17:25 am
      As much as I hate him at the moment he's got genuine quality. I think he has suffered on the whole this season at united because his future is insecure but when called upon he still has pulled the performances out of the bag almost every time. I think although he's currently a mank he may just have the qualities that fit in nicely with rafas red revolution. He's a quality footballer can score lots of goals and important ones at that and as some of you have mentioned injuries play a part and depth is important for any club wishing to challenge on 4 fronts. Tevez offers strength, determination and a winning mentality. I personally feel if it was possible he would be a real wise signing but how much money will we have to spend in the summer?
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 24, 2009 12:29:51 am
      class player, cant beleive united dont play him much.... but wouldnt pay 20+ mil for him, rather we sign silva
      DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 24, 2009 06:24:27 am
      Rafael Benitez launches bold bid to bring Carlos Tevez to Anfield

from the times,  ;)

Rafael BenĂ­tez is preparing to antagonise Mr. Ferguson once more with an audacious bid to sign Carlos TĂ©vez.

The Argentina forward is increasingly resigned to leaving Manchester United at the end of the season, with Real Madrid his most likely destination. BenĂ­tez has signalled Liverpool’s willingness to join Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan in the mĂȘlĂ©e for his signature.

Ferguson has not yet given up hope of retaining TĂ©vez’s services after his complicated two-year lease arrangement expires at the end of the season, but the forward’s growing discontent means that he will consider a move away from Old Trafford — even if United manage to reach an agreement with the companies that hold his economic rights.

TĂ©vez, who joined United in a controversial move from West Ham United in August 2007, would be likely to cost any other club more than the ÂŁ22 million that United have to pay at the end of the season to turn the player’s loan into a permanent deal. BenĂ­tez, though, is determined to test the water.

The Spaniard knows that United have no control over TĂ©vez if and when he leaves Old Trafford and that the Barclays Premier League leaders would not receive any money, with the transfer fee instead going to the companies, headed by Kia Joorabchian, that own the player’s economic rights.

TĂ©vez, 25, is frustrated at his loss of favour since Dimitar Berbatov’s arrival at Old Trafford from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, having not started any of United’s four matches in the Champions League knockout phase.

Madrid are favourites to sign TĂ©vez should he end his two-year stint at United, with Florentino PĂ©rez, who is expected to be elected Real’s new president next month, confident of delivering the forward as part of a wide-reaching rebuilding operation that is expected to include a world-record bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, the United forward. But Liverpool have registered their interest in signing TĂ©vez if he wishes to stay in England — and if the price is right.

TĂ©vez declared in an interview with an Argentine radio station this week that “in my situation, an exit [from United] will be the best solution” and that “there are other options for next season”, citing interest from Real and Inter as well as other clubs, of which there are now three in England monitoring the situation.

Ferguson, the United manager, would bristle at the idea of the forward joining just about any of the interested clubs. He blocked Gabriel Heinze’s proposed move to Liverpool in August 2007 and said of Real this season that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus”.

As revealed in The Times a week ago, TĂ©vez concluded that his future lay away from United after being dropped for the 1-0 victory away to Porto in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg.

His sense of injustice is shared by some of his team-mates and certainly by the club’s supporters, who cheered his name loudly when the substitutes were announced before the 2-0 Premier League victory over Portsmouth on Wednesday — in contrast to Berbatov, whose name was booed by an audible minority.

These are issues that Ferguson could do without, having shown several signs of tetchiness in recent weeks even as his team continue their defence of the Premier League and Champions League titles.

He has been at odds with BenĂ­tez since January and the Liverpool manager continued the verbal jousting yesterday. BenĂ­tez insisted that he had been right to stand up to his United counterpart and that Liverpool are the better team on form, even though they trail by three points in the title race, having played a game more.

“I’m not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson,” Benítez said in an interview with a Spanish newspaper. “But I believe that he can see that we are the better side and that we’re very close to United. He has been playing these kind of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him or stood up to him. It seems like he has a licence to do these sort of things.

“I try not to talk too much, but all I can do when I speak is to defend my own team. I did not say that he seems frightened, but I said that he looks nervous as he can see that we are very close to his team.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6157813.ece
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #40: Apr 24, 2009 08:33:54 am
      Yes but as Tevez is in the ÂŁ30m plus bracket Rafa is either going to offer close to the asking price which means we have suddenly come into big money and with our beloved custodians sat together at the Arsenal game grinning like a couple of ravers at Quadrant park :o that may be a possibility, or on the other hand he may be going to offer ÂŁ10m with Voronin included to make up the shortfall !!

I like Tevez and really think he could do a good job just behind Torres but as he has already said come and get me to Real Madrid I don’t hold out much hope of anything coming out of it, I honestly think its Rafa having another attempt at exploding that vein in Taggarts neck. ;D
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 317 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2009 08:40:40 am
      Interesting, i only started this thread as pure speculation, but it could actually happen. And if it doesn't least Rafa can wind up Fergie with his speculation and this best bit is Fergie can't do anything about it, don't even think it could be classed as tapping up because he isn't even signed to the scum. I dont think the scums board will allow Fergie to spend in excess of 20 mil on another striker this year he just wasted 30 mil on Berbatov. Like i say love to see him at our club but its the price that concerns me.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2009 09:00:08 am
      If Rafa wouldn't pay ÂŁ30m to Valencia for David Silva, I cannot see him offering ÂŁ30 million for Tevez. 

As Glenbuck said, it's just another attempt for Rafa to go for Fergie's juggler.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2009 09:04:22 am
      I've often talked to a Manchester United fan, and Christiano Ronaldo lover about why this guy doesn't play.
      He's 10 times better than Berbatov and even my mate admits that.
      He works hard and is genuine class.
      I'd love him to join Liverpool, although I'm not sure how much he is worth.
      I think that 20million pounds is about right assuming he can play wide right or wide left.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2009 09:07:06 am
      He is the type of player Rafa would love (minus the playing for Manure part) but there is no way we are going to spend 30m on one player, I think in terms of players cost and by the sound of what happen with Silva and Eto we are not going to be free spending.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2009 09:26:46 am
      with several argentinian's already in our squad this could persuade tevez to join us.

babel by the look's of thing's will be sold this summer.fund's may be there,lets wait and see.

Quick Reply