Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110802 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #46: Apr 24, 2009 09:52:21 am
      Rafael Benitez launches bold bid to bring Carlos Tevez to Anfield
      Rafael BenĂ­tez is preparing to antagonise Sir Alex Ferguson once more with an audacious bid to sign Carlos TĂ©vez.

The Argentina forward is increasingly resigned to leaving Manchester United at the end of the season, with Real Madrid his most likely destination. BenĂ­tez has signalled Liverpool’s willingness to join Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan in the mĂȘlĂ©e for his signature.

Ferguson has not yet given up hope of retaining TĂ©vez’s services after his complicated two-year lease arrangement expires at the end of the season, but the forward’s growing discontent means that he will consider a move away from Old Trafford — even if United manage to reach an agreement with the companies that hold his economic rights.

TĂ©vez, who joined United in a controversial move from West Ham United in August 2007, would be likely to cost any other club more than the ÂŁ22 million that United have to pay at the end of the season to turn the player’s loan into a permanent deal. BenĂ­tez, though, is determined to test the water.

he Spaniard knows that United have no control over TĂ©vez if and when he leaves Old Trafford and that the Barclays Premier League leaders would not receive any money, with the transfer fee instead going to the companies, headed by Kia Joorabchian, that own the player’s economic rights.

TĂ©vez, 25, is frustrated at his loss of favour since Dimitar Berbatov’s arrival at Old Trafford from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, having not started any of United’s four matches in the Champions League knockout phase.

Madrid are favourites to sign TĂ©vez should he end his two-year stint at United, with Florentino PĂ©rez, who is expected to be elected Real’s new president next month, confident of delivering the forward as part of a wide-reaching rebuilding operation that is expected to include a world-record bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, the United forward. But Liverpool have registered their interest in signing TĂ©vez if he wishes to stay in England — and if the price is right.

TĂ©vez declared in an interview with an Argentine radio station this week that “in my situation, an exit [from United] will be the best solution” and that “there are other options for next season”, citing interest from Real and Inter as well as other clubs, of which there are now three in England monitoring the situation.

Ferguson, the United manager, would bristle at the idea of the forward joining just about any of the interested clubs. He blocked Gabriel Heinze’s proposed move to Liverpool in August 2007 and said of Real this season that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6157813.ece

Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #47: Apr 24, 2009 09:54:36 am
      Could Tevez play on the left effectively?

and if that story is true then suppose isn't too bad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2009 11:46:16 am
      there may be some truth regarding us taking ugly bettys services for next season.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2009 01:39:51 pm
      Tevez in an effective player. Most resilient of the man U brats. Who will he bench though? I know Riera and Babel have had both brilliant and piss poor moments playing from the left. I think he is a natural striker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2009 02:45:50 pm
      Could Rafa try the 4-4-2 though? Its niggling in my mind he may just try to do so and Tevez fits that bill perfectly as a second striker.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2009 03:05:43 pm
      Yeah but with a 4-4-2 then you have to drop either Mascherano or Alonso... who would you drop?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2009 03:50:08 pm
      Yeah but with a 4-4-2 then you have to drop either Mascherano or Alonso... who would you drop?

None, personally i wouldnt change. But what if? You dont know how Rafa thinks so who knows really. Probably depends on opposition?
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2009 04:28:49 pm
      None, personally I wouldnt change. But what if? You dont know how Rafa thinks so who knows really. Probably depends on opposition?

I think the fact Keane spent alot of time on the bench when him and Torres were fit shows that he prefers two holding players. I agree it depends on the opposition, but would Tevez come to play against teams we should play two strikers against?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2009 04:40:50 pm
      I think the fact Keane spent alot of time on the bench when him and Torres were fit shows that he prefers two holding players. I agree it depends on the opposition, but would Tevez come to play against teams we should play two strikers against?

I'd say so, which is all but 6 games because we've had trouble with lesser opposition.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2009 06:27:33 pm
      I think Tevez could play in either right, left or down the middle. I often seen him similar player to Dirk Kuyt in terms of style and approach to the game only Tevez is a better player than Kuyt. He always love to go wide and cut back in offers great movement. You could say Tevez is a rich mans Kuyt.

T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2009 07:50:21 pm
      Even though he'll be an ex Manc, like Ince was etc. I'd take him in an instant, very good team working player, who has the ability to be a match winner and he has a lot of technique, plus it would put one right up whining Ferguson's arse haha.

Sign him up Rafa, might be expensive though, looking at 30 mill and to be honest i dont think he's worth that!!
      King of the Kop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2009 07:59:26 pm
      I would welcome such a move as it would rile up Ferguson! He only signed him for the scum cos he thought he'd deny him a move to Real Madrid.

Carlos you are indeed wasted at United, See the light and Join the Greatest Football Club on Earth LFC! Rafa Benitez pull this one off and you will be a god in my eye's forever.

Come on you Reds!! YNWA
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2009 08:02:06 pm
      Rafa Avoids Tevez Talk
      Benitez shrugs off claims and backs Reds to cope without Gerrard

By Rob Carragher   Last updated: 24th April 2009

Tevez: Heading across the M62?

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has played down speculation linking the club with a move for Carlos Tevez.

Tevez is coming to the end of a two-year loan at fierce rivals Manchester United, and with the league leaders still to secure a deal for the Argentinean, Liverpool have emerged as potential suitors for the former Boca Juniors star.

The Reds are widely believed to be in the market for a new striker following the departure of Robbie Keane in January - although Benitez insists that no firm targets have yet been drawn up.

"It is too early [to talk about individual players]. Summer is too far," said the Spaniard.

"We are not talking about players because now we are focused on the league."

Benitez has been linked with the 25-year-old before, having forged a strong relationship with his representative Kia Joorabchian during the negotiations to take Javier Mascherano to Liverpool in 2007.

And with Liverpool needing only to correspond with Joorabchian and not Manchester United, the club would be able to avoid the same acrimony that has greeted previous attempts to snare players from Old Trafford.

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009 08:12:33 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Put in news article format for you. »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Tevez at Anfield...
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2009 08:30:42 pm
      Their seems to be a falling out between Tevez and Man U. Tevez is pissed at Ferguson not playing him and not being offered any contract extension.  I read he's thinking of going to Serie A. Inter,Lazio or AC Milan.

I say good,awesome If Man U. does'nt want him, he would look awesome on the Anfield pitch. I dont usually like talking about Man U players, however Tevez Is awesome. This guy is a machine. He's still young he's 25, Injury free. I dont understand why Man U only Subs the guy in for a few minutes every game.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #60: Apr 24, 2009 08:34:03 pm
      Absolutely. If tevez did join us, the most pleasing aspect would be getting one over on fergie. But as a lot of you said 30m would be a bit high. What would ye think of this midfield/forward line?              Mascherano       Alonso
                                                                                                   Gerrard
                                                                                    Kuyt                           Tevez
                                                                                                   Torres
      I would welcome such a move as it would rile up Ferguson! He only signed him for the scum cos he thought he'd deny him a move to Real Madrid.

Carlos you are indeed wasted at United, See the light and Join the Greatest Football Club on Earth LFC! Rafa Benitez pull this one off and you will be a god in my eye's forever.

Come on you Reds!! YNWA
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #61: Apr 24, 2009 08:46:10 pm
      Great player, but I don't know, I just kinda see him as a manc now, it would be strange if he came to Liverpool.

Still, I have no idea why he doesn't play more than he does at United.
      rieras-left-foot
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 24, 2009 09:00:21 pm
      Tevez is the only player I would want at Liverpool, and if we did buy him for however much, manure wouldn't get any of the money because it would go to his owners. =D Which makes it a bit more sweeter.

Tevez and Nando would be a good combo definitely =]
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009 09:01:53 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected. »
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 24, 2009 09:04:04 pm
      Signing Tevez would P*ss Ferguson and scum supporters  off no end, so almost worth it for that. I think he's got more to offer that side than Rooney or Berbatev. If we can sign him go for it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Apr 24, 2009 09:27:09 pm
      Signing Tevez would P*ss Ferguson and scum supporters  off no end, so almost worth it for that. I think he's got more to offer that side than Rooney or Berbatev. If we can sign him go for it!

There is a lot more to signing a player than just because it will piss some Mancs off (although that is an added bonus).

If Rafa doesn't think Tevez is right for our team or the price isn't right then he wont sign him to piss off Fergie regardless of the battles between them at the moment.

Although i did think he was trying to sign Heinze for the sake of pissing off Fergie because Heinze is a load of bollocks :D
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #65: Apr 24, 2009 09:29:26 pm
      Maybe rafa is going after tevez to piss off fergie, and in that case spending the whole transfer budget on tevez would be stupid imo. He is talented and everything but i wouldnt pay a penny more then 15 mil.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #66: Apr 24, 2009 09:43:31 pm
      I think he would be a great partner for Torres and with Stevie going back into deeper midfield it would be like getting 2 new players.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #67: Apr 24, 2009 10:19:07 pm
      I think that Kia Durabshin has had him on a third party contract for over 4 years, surely there has to be pressure on the authorities to try and off load a world star from this burden.  In this time he has changed 3 different clubs.  Even if there are no pressure from the hierachy of the game, I think it is getting to the time that a permenant deal is in the interest of the Iranian business as it won't be doing good to his image in his business pursuits.  I think a 20m -22m can do the job.  He just can't play for Utd as he is too similar to Rooney.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #68: Apr 24, 2009 10:36:38 pm
      Absolutely. If tevez did join us, the most pleasing aspect would be getting one over on fergie. But as a lot of you said 30m would be a bit high. What would ye think of this midfield/forward line?      
               Mascherano       Alonso
                          Gerrard
           Kuyt                           Tevez
                           Torres

I think we would score 5 goals a game. Solid improvement from our standard 4.

Quick Reply