Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110443 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #92: May 04, 2009 01:24:37 pm
      If for instance Alonso goes and Stevie goes back to midfield I think he would link up really well with Torres but I cant see it happening but it would be nice to see Ferguson busting a blood vessel.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #93: May 04, 2009 01:39:37 pm
      I like Tevez but he's just like Dirk Kuyt, works really hard but doesn't hit the net often. We don't need him because we have Dirk! Dirk's been scoring alot for us. I also won't pay 30 mil for him.
      ondr@
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #94: May 07, 2009 02:59:08 pm
      Yes, that´s true. He plays as Dirk Kuyt. He works all 90 minutes and we needn´t this player.
      And i hate him and every player from Old trafford and hope that Rafa won´t sign him. I prefer Villa or Džeko than Tevez.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #95: May 07, 2009 03:16:33 pm
      Take them both out of their clubs and just as you see them on the pitch and i would still go for Dirk, and thats nothing to do with the fact the Tevez plays for the scum and has scored winners against us.  Dirk has the work rate, he also runs his arse off for 90+ minutes a match and i still think he is the most under rated player at our club according to rival teams.  They just dont seem to think he's a threat and he's ponced on it alot this season, most notably City away. 

What he has over Tevez is the ability to knick a crucial goal or set up a goal for someone else to knick.

I would never argue that Tevez isn’t a good player, because he is and he is one player that I hate seeing in a squad that doesn’t really appreciate him when you can tell that all the guy wants to do is play.  Tevez is a cracker of a player and if we don’t sign him (which I really doubt we will) I would like to see him playing for the likes of Barca or Milan.  I think he’s capable of getting first team games. 

At the start of this season, if this transfer would have been on the cards I would of welcomed it with open arms.   But right now, we have Dirk and Yossi who are stand out players for me, both playing excellently and more importantly – finding the back of the net. 

I dont think we need Tevez in our squad right now...  Although he would click with Masch really well
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #96: May 07, 2009 08:54:16 pm
      I like Tevez but he's just like Dirk Kuyt, works really hard but doesn't hit the net often. We don't need him because we have Dirk! Dirk's been scoring alot for us. I also won't pay 30 mil for him.

Enough said.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #97: May 07, 2009 09:31:00 pm
      Im going to state the obvious here......

Tevez is one ugly geezer.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #98: May 07, 2009 09:36:29 pm

Agree.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #99: May 08, 2009 04:11:08 am

Kuyt and Tevez would make for one good looking strike force :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #100: May 08, 2009 12:20:41 pm
      Ya they would terrify the life out of defences  :)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #101: May 08, 2009 03:50:45 pm
      Well if it was based on looks then Skrtel wouldn't win any modelling awards, but is a fantastic player and so is Tevez.  The most important thing about Tevez is that he is a player that will fit in the team and is a Benitez type of player.  People have talked about Walcott but he wouldn't do better than Babel as he is just not our type of player.  As for the price, let us wait and see the real price.  As apart from Man City and maybe Chelsea his real value will be around 20m.  Man City have Robinho that plays a similar role in a different way and would Tevez want to stay in the same city and get abuse off utd fans?   Real Madrid want Ronaldo and if they're going to break the bank with him they will not be paying double the value for Tevez too.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #102: May 08, 2009 03:52:34 pm
      I'd personally like the 30mill to be put into the ever decreasing "New Stadium Fund" jar on top of Hick's fridge
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #103: May 09, 2009 12:21:13 pm
      I'd personally like the 30mill to be put into the ever decreasing "New Stadium Fund" jar on top of Hick's fridge

I wouldn't, since Hicks took that label off the jar ages ago, and stuck on a new one called "Big Tom's Party Fund" on it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #104: May 09, 2009 09:18:28 pm
      Tevez is quoted in one of tomorrows papers as saying he wants to leave Utd and if he has his way he wants to stay in England is that a come and get me plea to us, can't see Arsenal or Chelsea buying him they have other priorities.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 317 posts |
      Reply #105: May 09, 2009 09:37:10 pm
      Tevez is quoted in one of tomorrows papers as saying he wants to leave Utd and if he has his way he wants to stay in England is that a come and get me plea to us, can't see Arsenal or Chelsea buying him they have other priorities.

Very interesting like to see what that paper is in.  If true i honestly believe he wants to come here and hook up with one of his best mates, you cant tell me Mascher and him don't hang out they must live pretty close.
      It all comes down to value of the player but surely as he is owned by a management company he would have some kind of say to where he goes and plays. Sign Tevez sign Silva 50 mil max and we will be golden next season.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #106: May 09, 2009 09:42:17 pm
      Very interesting like to see what that paper is in.  If true I honestly believe he wants to come here and hook up with one of his best mates, you cant tell me Mascher and him don't hang out they must live pretty close.
      It all comes down to value of the player but surely as he is owned by a management company he would have some kind of say to where he goes and plays. Sign Tevez sign Silva 50 mil max and we will be golden next season.

Thats £80m if I read you right. That s an awful lot of moola for 2 players. Or is iit £50m for both, again alot for 2 players.
      One good quality striker for cover forTorres, will be enough.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #107: May 09, 2009 09:46:15 pm
      Its one of the broadsheets not one of the tabloids, it has direct quotes from Tevez saying he feels not wanted at Utd and wants out at the end of the season, it says a foreign club is interested but Tevz would prefer to stay in England.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 317 posts |
      Reply #108: May 10, 2009 08:19:12 am
      Thats £80m if I read you right. That s an awful lot of moola for 2 players. Or is iit £50m for both, again alot for 2 players.
      One good quality striker for cover forTorres, will be enough.

At the most for them 2 im thinking 30 mil each which is overall 60 million, now am not saying we've got that kind of money, I'd take either Silva or Tevez but it be a dream to have both.

Its one of the broadsheets not one of the tabloids, it has direct quotes from Tevez saying he feels not wanted at Utd and wants out at the end of the season, it says a foreign club is interested but Tevz would prefer to stay in England.

Its the Telegraph and NOTW who have got the interveiw, just said on SSN. Apparantley he went to a Red top and broadsheet to make it hold more water.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #109: May 10, 2009 09:12:45 am
      Carlos Tevez says 'goodbye' as he prepares to leave Manchester United

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez said he expects to leave the club at the end of the season because he is not wanted at Old Trafford. The Argentine's loan period expires at the end of the campaign and the striker has grown frustrated at starting many games on the substitutes' bench.

"I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season," Tevez told the News of the World. "I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation. I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer. I guess what I'm saying is goodbye."

Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, scored 19 goals in 39 appearances for United as they won the Premier League and Champions League last season. Despite making 32 appearances and netting 13 times so far in this campaign, Tevez said United had made no offer to make his loan deal permanent.

"I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract so I have to leave. I don't think I deserve to be in this position but you realise if your time is up you have to go," he added.

"The fans treat me like family, but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer." Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian's company MSI own Tevez's registration.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/10/carlos-tevez-leaving-manchester-united

Good news Tevez fans. He wants out, and he wants to stay in England. If he had a choice, I think he'd say Liverpool, his best mate plays here.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2009 09:32:22 pm by Eem »
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #110: May 10, 2009 09:48:08 am
      He's more than willing to join their rivals, if he's willing as well to come cheap. I see no reason why not, he may have a revelation as that of Masch.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: May 10, 2009 10:13:48 am
      Good player.

Always look potent when he has the ball.

Would team up well with his old mucker Masher.

At least Rudolf couldnt block this one as he did Gabriel Heinze.

I think he would work well with Stevie and Nando. Could be exactly what we need.

If we had the extra striker this year.................... ..............well?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #112: May 10, 2009 10:41:10 am
      He's a battering ram that can bring other players into the game and he can open up defenses with his massive frame and strength. He can hold it up superbly and will give everything for the team. He could be just the player we need.

Also, he showed last year that if he plays regularly, he will score goals. He was second top scorer for united wasn't he? Considering their top scorer had 42 goals, that's not a bad feat at all.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #113: May 10, 2009 10:43:37 am
      reports of 11 players moving on in the summer and £64 mil to spend I think he would fit in with Rafa's way of playing and as whisky face cant stop this one it could be interesting. We need another goal scorer and there aren't that many about really, he also has the advantage of playing in the premiership.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #114: May 10, 2009 11:17:00 am
      No-one is going to pay 30 million for Tevez. I'd love him to sign for us because i think he's a great team player and he always seems to score against us :)

He's never looked like he fits into the dirty cheating b***ard style of play at old trafford and as fergie has no say in where he goes, he can't stop us from trying to sign him like he did with Heinze.

But that price tag is ridiculous. Around half of that and i think we should consider going in for him.

Quick Reply