Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
      20 (11.2%)
      Yes - for the right price
      129 (72.1%)
      No
      30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Read 110440 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
      Reply #138: May 12, 2009 12:36:17 am
      Surely if he came in it would be to replace kuyt on the right or to be nando's backup.
      Rate him very highly. Think that if ronaldo goes then he'll stay at old toilet
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: May 12, 2009 02:03:22 am
      Just a thought of how he could fit into the system were we to sign him.

Torres      Tevez

Gerrard

Then when Torres and Gerrard do their usual linking up and Gerrard bombing on then Tevez drop back into the attacking Mid, Free Role position.

But the most effective midfield behind Gerrard IMO would be.

Benayoun    Alonso    Masch

The only problem with that being Masch or Alonso having to go out on the right to cross.

The only alternative I can think of to solve this would be Tevez and Gerrard taking it in turns to occasionally move over to the right.

IMO this doesn't actually look too bad but there is one key, vital part missing and that's Kuyt. Kuyt IMO has to play because this season he has become such a key player.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #140: May 12, 2009 08:29:24 am
      I don't understand why Kuyt HAS to play.
      He's a poor mans Tevez, no doubt he runs his heart out and plays well, but Tevez is a far better player and only 25 I think.
      He'd be a great buy for Liverpool would Tevez, great buy
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #141: May 12, 2009 08:31:15 am
      He's a poor mans Tevez, no doubt he runs his heart out and plays well, but Tevez is a far better player and only 25 I think.

Kuyt HAS to play because he's on fire at the moment. He's been playing out of his skin all season, his crossing and first touch have come on leaps and bounds. Also, he's been in amongst the goals regularly this season.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #142: May 12, 2009 08:34:48 am
      Don't you think that Tevez would score double what Kuyt will score though?
      IMO Tevez is a better version of Kuyt, more prolific, younger, faster.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #143: May 12, 2009 09:28:53 am
      We've only got one Dirk Kuyt atm, but he's getting older he's not going to be able to run around the pitch like the workhorse he is at the rate he has been. By having Tevez effectively you'd have two Dirks, that would be apt at playing on the wing or up top allowing us to get the best out of both.  Besides we all know how Benitez loves to have a problem when selecting players and how nice would it be to have the choice of selecting out of Drik, Tevez, Nando, Stevie etc.

i wouldn't complain.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #144: May 12, 2009 11:58:49 am
      If were going to spend 28-30m on a player it should be a world class winger, David Silva would be brilliant for liverpool. Tevez is quality but if we sign him for 30m that would probably mean second rate wingers again coming in, we need another striker but only for back-up for nando dont think tevez would like sitting on the bench as he is showing now at the scum, and there is no way Rafa will change this formation, this is the formation he has been wanting to play since arriving in 2004 and how good would another top winger alongside siva and stevie just behind nando with xabi and masch behind them.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #145: May 12, 2009 11:59:13 am
      C'mon even the most critical Kuyt bashers have to be won over by his performances this year and look at how many goals he has scored compared to Riera. We should be looking for another left wing Kuyt. However I still think Tevez would link up with Torres well leaving Stevie to do even more damage coming in late from midefield.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #146: May 12, 2009 12:25:47 pm
      I think that there may well be a stumbling block to this deal. The consortium that owns Tevez have been waiting for the bulk of their transfer monies for over two years now. Therefore anybody signing him may well be required to stump up the majority of any transfer fee immediately. Which could very well rule us out of the running, as LFC are renowned for our liking of stage payments. City and the cash rich likes, could well head the field on this one.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #147: May 12, 2009 03:57:17 pm

What? He's a poor man's Tevez? He's been a better player than Tevez this season, he's probably been one of our top 3 players this season.
      His consistency is excellent now and you can rely on him for over 10 goals in the league per season and from the right side of midfield thats good stuff.
      Why would we kick Kuyt out of the team and bring in a player who is pretty much the same for £30Million ???
      Don't forget Kuyt has just extended his contract too.

He really doesn't get the credit he deserves does he :(
      If Tevez could play on the left I'd be saying buy him because i prefer him to Riera and i could see Rafa selling Babel to get some money to buy him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #148: May 12, 2009 05:39:09 pm
      I want a left winger for the left winger position not a striker.

Kuyt and Benyoun have been awesome since the turn of the year and have been intregral to our turn in form so one has to play in the games next season.

This is what I want our midfield and strikers to look like next season:

Barry/Masch/Alonso

Kuyt/Yossi                             New Winger/Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Can't really see where Tevez would fit in because I certainly don't want him bought to play on the left.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #149: May 12, 2009 06:27:42 pm
      I want a left winger for the left winger position not a striker.

Kuyt and Benyoun have been awesome since the turn of the year and have been intregral to our turn in form so one has to play in the games next season.

This is what I want our midfield and strikers to look like next season:

Barry/Masch/Alonso

Kuyt/Yossi                             New Winger/Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Can't really see where Tevez would fit in because I certainly don't want him bought to play on the left.

im going to pretend i cant see Barry there ;) :D
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #150: May 12, 2009 07:10:26 pm
      Last piece to our title puzzle.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #151: May 12, 2009 07:41:53 pm
      If were going to spend 28-30m on a player it should be a world class winger, David Silva would be brilliant for liverpool. Tevez is quality but if we sign him for 30m that would probably mean second rate wingers again coming in, we need another striker but only for back-up for nando dont think tevez would like sitting on the bench as he is showing now at the scum, and there is no way Rafa will change this formation, this is the formation he has been wanting to play since arriving in 2004 and how good would another top winger alongside siva and stevie just behind nando with xabi and masch behind them.

Well said Keith, I agree with everything you said there.

I think Tevez is an excellent player, talented and determined, the way Rafa likes them.

But at the expense of a better quality out and out winger? No thanks.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #152: May 12, 2009 07:52:23 pm
      Plain and simple folks, should we sign tevez, theres no change of formation, he is plain and simply cover, should El Nino suffer tiredness or injury, thats what Keane was signed for and failed, and why kuyt finds himself playing a different position each week, I'd love to see someone like sergio ramos come in at right back, and aaron lennon for the wing, plus think, i was at the liverpool supporters meeting last week, rafa has invested so heavily in youth because as of next season, the fruits are blossoming, so expect more run outs for spearing, darby, nemeth, pacheco, bruna, amoo, hammill, kelly, brouwer etc.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #153: May 12, 2009 08:21:53 pm
      Would love Tevez at Liverpool, he is a diamond of a player, where would he play who knows that would be a great problem for Rafa to have, I know we need players in other positions but we badly need a striker Torres is going to have more problems with his Hamstrings next season, it is an on-going problem, we need quality premiership players and thats what Tevez is, we should have taken him with Mascherano from West Ham if it had being possible at the time.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #154: May 12, 2009 09:36:03 pm
      I read the article in the newspaper(s) about the Tevez saga with interest !! and watched the actions of his agent at Old Trafford at the Man Utd v Man City derby.
      Am sorry to say it has all the hallmarks of trying to bump the market value of Tevez up by the agent. What better wind up than Tevez to say he would be happy to play for LFC!!
      He would be a tremendous asset to LFC, I hope I am wrong but the alarm bells are ringing that this is just a total wind up to get the best ££ he can for his new contract!
      Anyone care to comment on my view?   
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #155: May 12, 2009 09:47:14 pm
      Kennystaff hit the nail on the head 3 weeks ago IMO

Mascherano       Alonso

Kuyt         Gerrard       Tevez
                           Torres

Tevez in where Babel should have been. I assume, judging by the lack of playing time this year, Babel's on his way out.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #156: May 12, 2009 09:50:56 pm
      I rather have Kuyt in the team than Tevez....

Tevez is very similar to Wayne Poo-ney , other than being ugly.....

Would be a great signing though, love to see fergies face :D
      Nah on a serious note, he would fit in well in 4-4-2.... the job Keane couldnt do, Tevez can excel in well. but big question do we really need to change our formation when the 4-2-3-1 works well as it is.....

Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #157: May 12, 2009 09:52:56 pm
      Kennystaff hit the nail on the head 3 weeks ago IMO

Mascherano       Alonso

Kuyt         Gerrard       Tevez
                           Torres

Tevez in where Babel should have been. I assume, judging by the lack of playing time this year, Babel's on his way out.

That is good one.... but we lack width.... would he solve our left side? It can work but our left back will have to be effective
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #158: May 12, 2009 11:51:24 pm
      Carlos Teves, a really versatile figure, who is more than willing to express himself with his brimming energetic style of play. Thrives on being on the pitch; if given the goal to keep he would take it with open arms. The comparison being made with Kuyt is unavoidable, but what also cannot be avoided is the fact that his goal return would be of more significance. One would expect a more classier player that adds to the strength and desiring nature of the team.

Teves is good enough to play on any wing, or even upfront. His style of play may not suit the him being on the wing but its just that his nature is to be aggressive and score goals. But this is not explicit as it seems as he can always pick the pass and dribble with purpose, cutting in and scoring.

As for his price tag, that should be beyond our wishes. But if we go out and take the initiative, it may very well reap the rewards of us being even more of a title contender than we are now. But in saying that, I believe he may end up in Arsenal. I hope we get him though, not for any wind ups but for adding a quality player to our ranks. He is built for the Premiership, Silva not so much...can he, would he be able to adjust to the pace of the Premiership....Teves; tried and tested.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #159: May 13, 2009 03:47:13 am
      buy him...
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #160: May 13, 2009 08:19:38 am
      We should surely buy him because he is a good striker and can support torres

Quick Reply