Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 705817 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 784 posts | 149 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #6256: Apr 03, 2024 03:23:34 pm
      Got through a whole bunch of cool (& not so) sh*t on Netflix this easter weekend, mini round up.

Murder Mystery 2 - Very short film, maybe not as good story wise as the first but just as entertaining.

The Out Laws - Devine being his ditsy self and Brosnan signing up to anything that'll make him a few bucks, few funny scenes otherwise not worth the watch.

Reptile - Del Toro as ever nails his role in this 1, as a crime it's pretty bland but as a thriller it certainly delivers.

The Pale Blue Eye - Like Reptile a pretty solid murder investigation film, although this one is set in the 19th century and moves at a much slower pace and the crime is certainly more intriguing. The twist at the end definitely didn't see coming.

What Happened to Monday - Definitely my favourite of the bunch, highly entertaining work of art. Very original and a lot of creative writing which leads me to believe it's an underrated film. Rapace is exceptional and leads by example.

In the Shadow of the Moon - It's an interesting premise and it starts off promisingly enough with the mysterious deaths that appear random at first but around the midway point after she came back the 3rd time round, I'd lost interest.

Velvet Buzzsaw - Still yet to see Gylenhaal in anything bad where I thought to myself "what the F**k is he doing in this", a slow burner with tonnes of dialogue at the beginning but once it gets going it becomes a fascinating spiritual kind of horror, if you don't listen and do what the devil asks you pay the ultimate price.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 784 posts | 149 
      Reply #6257: Apr 23, 2024 12:17:15 pm
      Saw Tetris a few nights ago on Apple+. Defo worth a watch even if you're not a fan/never played the game.

With the amount of awards a film can be awarded these days it was a bit of a shame to learn it never won any, would've be cool to see Taron pick something up.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,258 posts | 757 
      Reply #6258: Apr 23, 2024 12:44:15 pm
      Anatomy of a Fall - wonderfully made and engrossing throughout. Sandra Huller was absolutely brilliant.
      Expertly constructed with the director deliberately steering you one way then the other. Imaginative throughout and superbly acted both by Huller and the boy who played her son. His hollow sounding piano playing was used to great effect, keeping the film off-kilter and taut.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #6259: Apr 23, 2024 06:30:16 pm
      Saw Tetris a few nights ago on Apple+. Defo worth a watch even if you're not a fan/never played the game.

With the amount of awards a film can be awarded these days it was a bit of a shame to learn it never won any, would've be cool to see Taron pick something up.

Yea it's a decent movie that one.

Waiting for Friday for In the Land of Saints and Sinners.

Spent a full day watching them shoot scenes for it when I was in Donegal.

Village called Kilcar near Killybegs. As beautiful part of the world as you'll get
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 784 posts | 149 
      Reply #6260: Yesterday at 09:49:07 am
      Yea it's a decent movie that one.

Waiting for Friday for In the Land of Saints and Sinners.

Spent a full day watching them shoot scenes for it when I was in Donegal.

Village called Kilcar near Killybegs. As beautiful part of the world as you'll get

Oh what, when they were filming you mean? You lucky son of a gun.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #6261: Yesterday at 09:51:33 am
      Oh what, when they were filming you mean? You lucky son of a gun.

Yes indeed.

Was a great experience.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 784 posts | 149 
      Reply #6262: Yesterday at 09:55:09 am
      Yes indeed.

Was a great experience.

I'm sure it was, must've been the talk of the town.

Did you on the off chance get to have a little 1 to 1 sit down with Neeson and ask him how long he'd continue acting for.  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply