Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool - Post Match Celebrating

Read 14271 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      West Brom 0-2 Liverpool - Post Match Celebrating
      May 17, 2009 03:26:37 pm
      Disappointed we didn't smash more than 2 past them.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2009 03:49:25 pm by JD »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: POST MATCH CELEBRATION: West Brom vs Liverpool
      Reply #1: May 17, 2009 03:28:39 pm
      A win coloured by disappointment of not winning the title. Carra was in the wrong to do what he did on the pitch, and still looked like he was going to carry it on off the pitch at the end. I don't want to see discord in our defensive ranks. Some of them were obviously thinking more about their summer holidays.

Let's get rid of some of the duffers and get some real potent talent in to storm to the title next season...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: West Brom v Liverpool - LIVE MATCH
      Reply #2: May 17, 2009 03:28:43 pm
      That'll do.

Should be enough to secure second place.

Could obviously have played a lot better. Many of the players showed signs of huge frustration, which is understandable. After the effort they've put in this year, to finish it empty handed must be hard to take. Not an excuse for Carra to lash out at Arbeloa, but I'm sure that will be dealt with swiftly behind the scenes by Rafa.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: May 17, 2009 03:30:28 pm
      Crackin lump on Greening's head there, and I can't hear Arbeloa screaming in the dressing room, so it must be OK!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: May 17, 2009 03:32:06 pm
      Disagree.

Carra's reaction was bang out of order IMO.

All Carra done was bollock him for not being more alert. I don't see why Arbeloa had to get up and push Carra if that's the angle you're looking at. Bottom line, personally I was pissed off with Arbeloa before that incident because he was looking too casual and allowing players to get crosses in.

Anyway, we got the win. A few players turned up today and a few didn't. Lucas was boss I thought.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: May 17, 2009 03:32:42 pm
      No excuses for Carra but i too was sick of alot of the player's attitudes today and Arbeloa found himself to be the wrong man at the wrong time. Carra just snapped. Let it go. But what i am not happy about is Arby retaliating with a big shove as if 'why should i care?'. For that i hope he gets some punishment. Ridiculous.

As for the game, the attitude of Gerrard, Dirk, Lucas and Carra shone thorugh what was a dull bunch. Disappointed to see such bitterness in our ranks after yesterday.

Gerrard MOTM. He had a great game, an assist and goal and lead us around gallantly.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: May 17, 2009 03:34:04 pm
      All Carra done was bollock him for not being more alert. I don't see why Arbeloa had to get up and push Carra if that's the angle you're looking at. Bottom line, personally I was pissed off with Arbeloa before that incident because he was looking too casual and allowing players to get crosses in.

Anyway, we got the win. A few players turned up today and a few didn't. Lucas was boss I thought.

Totally agree, makes me think i shouldn't have posted because you've summed up my feelings perfectly RK.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #7: May 17, 2009 03:34:18 pm
      Disappointed that we didn't get a few more but seeing as my betfred account wouldn't allow me to bet gerrard first goal and 3-0 to us for some reason i'm a bit glad that i never missed out on 50quid ;D But 4-0 would've done me nicely.

Have to say brilliant from the West Brom fans. 2-0 relegation certain and no-one left or stopped singing until the final whistle (actually i bet they're still singing now) There seemed to be more pride inside the Hawthornes today than there was in OT yesterday when utd won the title.

Overall, not a great game but two nice finishes from Stevie and Dirk who have been terrific all season and just glad to see us get all 3 points.
      2nd place wrapped up(unless we lose to spurs next week and chelsea pick up 6 remaining points available, closing a 7 better GD in the process)

Is this the best season away from home we've ever had?

5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #8: May 17, 2009 03:34:34 pm
      Xabi was defo telling Carra to leave it out with Arbeloa there at the end.
      gman08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #9: May 17, 2009 03:36:03 pm
      I certainly don't blame Carra.
      Clearly the defending was all over the place, even if there's no chance for a title this shouldn't be the way to play.
      Arby did look out of sorts today and was unlucky i suppose.
      We need all our players to have Carra's winning mentality if we're gonna mount a title challenge next season.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #10: May 17, 2009 03:37:19 pm
      Xabi was defo telling Carra to leave it out with Arbeloa there at the end.

He was breaking them up mate. It looked like neither of them was going to back down, not just Carra.
      I understand how frustrated they must be after seeing the title slip away yesterday so i think it was just something out of the ordinary and it should be all sorted out soon.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: May 17, 2009 03:38:43 pm
      Wasn't a great performance we looked like what we were a team with nothing to place for, we had no urgency a win is a win though. West Brom are very poor definetly deserve to go down. Wouldn't look much into the row between Carra and Arbeloa, shows how passionate Carragher is, I bet there laughing about it in the changing room now, Torres was as poor as I've seen him today. He was completely disinterested, he still is best striker in Europe though. There was way to much space for West Brom in midfield today when Masch went off shows how vital he is.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: May 17, 2009 03:39:34 pm
      I was at work and only caught about half an hour. It looked easy enough but then again, it should be against poor teams.

Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #13: May 17, 2009 03:40:10 pm
      I can understand their frustration but there's no need on taking it out on your fellow team mates.

We got the win, maybe not in the best of fashion, but we did the job.

I think the players just need a long rest, it has been a very long and hard season.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #14: May 17, 2009 03:41:44 pm
      I can understand their frustration but there's no need on taking it out on your fellow team mates.

We got the win, maybe not in the best of fashion, but we did the job.

I think the players just need a long rest, it has been a very long and hard season.

what she said
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: May 17, 2009 03:41:58 pm
      It's a shame that Carra flipped like that and it boiled over because the chances are people will remember this season for that and not having such a strong league campaign and destroying United.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: May 17, 2009 03:44:05 pm
      It's a shame that Carra flipped like that and it boiled over because the chances are people will remember this season for that and not having such a strong league campaign and destroying United.

I wouldn't think so,  :ernie:

There've been too many high points this season IMO, I don't think one squabble will be enough to tarnish the significant progress I feel we've made.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: May 17, 2009 03:46:02 pm
      I wouldn't think so,  :ernie:

There've been too many high points this season IMO, I don't think one squabble will be enough to tarnish the significant progress I feel we've made.

Without doubt we have made significant progress and it has been a cracking season but i'm just thinking that people will remember that because it never happens between our players. Am i right in saying the last on pitch squabble was Macca and Grobelaar?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: May 17, 2009 03:46:46 pm
      Id say the 4-1 Old Trafford might just be remembered more than that little bit of handbags Kenny. :)
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #19: May 17, 2009 03:47:00 pm
      Well Steve McMahon certainly didn't have many complains about Carra in the post match show here on ESPN!! He said that Carra had every right to have a go at Arby because he wasn't doing his job properly!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: May 17, 2009 03:49:14 pm
      Id say the 4-1 Old Trafford might just be remembered more than that little bit of handbags Kenny. :)

I'm on about with the people who aren't reds because you know how everybody always tries to over look our achievements. As far as i'm concerned it's done and dusted. Rafa will talk to them about it and i very much doubt it will happen again.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #21: May 17, 2009 03:50:31 pm
      2-0 win will do me.

A few minor negative points, but they'll get sorted.

Gerrard and Lucas were brilliant.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool - Post Match Celebrating
      Reply #22: May 17, 2009 03:51:46 pm
      Benitez on the Carragher-Arbeloa spat: "We know Pepe Reina has 18 or 19 clean sheets and we were pushing for him. It's not a good message - but the character they showed is positive."

Dealt with that well enough. Didnt blow it up, didnt ignore it.

Insua had a stinker too btw.

Quick Reply