Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297698 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #12742: Aug 09, 2016 12:45:31 pm
      He's cost the same as Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic and Carroll...

Or Suarez, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge & Can.
      But you know, whatever fits.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #12743: Aug 09, 2016 12:57:41 pm
      Or Suarez, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge & Can.
      But you know, whatever fits.

Well yeah...but the fact we spent £100m on absolute donkeys is also valid.

My point was the mancs spending £100m on a player in this day and age isn't really a big deal, it's not like they can't afford it. Transfer fees are going to creep up and up as they always have done.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12744: Aug 09, 2016 01:03:19 pm
      Well yeah...but the fact we spent £100m on absolute donkeys is also valid.

My point was the mancs spending £100m on a player in this day and age isn't really a big deal, it's not like they can't afford it. Transfer fees are going to creep up and up as they always have done.

27.5 Million on Fellaini.
      24 Milllion on Schneiderlin.
      30 Million on Luke Shaw.

I don't care about the fee, but it you want to compare wasted money on "donkey" signings, or signings that haven't really worked, there are plenty at both clubs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12745: Aug 09, 2016 01:16:44 pm
      27.5 Million on Fellaini.
      24 Milllion on Schneiderlin.
      30 Million on Luke Shaw.

I don't care about the fee, but it you want to compare wasted money on "donkey" signings, or signings that haven't really worked, there are plenty at both clubs.
      Agree with you on top two racer. Not sure about Shaw though. Jury still out on him due to his injury. He was looking very good till he broke his leg.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12746: Aug 09, 2016 01:26:39 pm
      Agree with you on top two racer. Not sure about Shaw though. Jury still out on him due to his injury. He was looking very good till he broke his leg.

No doubt. I'm just demonstrating the nonsensical argument being made in the first place.
      Every club has big money signings that don't work.
      It's at best 50/50 that they do or don't work out.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #12747: Aug 09, 2016 03:42:54 pm

Even so over the years there are plenty of players who move to every club and it just doesn't work out...

Shevchenko...Torres...Sc hneiderlin...Benteke...B alotelli...Kleberson...V eron for £28mill in 2001!!!!!! for united all those years ago

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12748: Aug 09, 2016 03:54:12 pm
      Bottom line Pogba is a good player, but £100 million no F***ing way, on that basis Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Suarez must now all be worth £200 million! Manure have just fu**ed the entire transfer system for everyone, well done, hope it was worth it so that Maureen could get his vanity signing and that fat pr**k of an agent could get his 25% fee!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12749: Aug 09, 2016 03:58:11 pm
      This lot?

A bunch of cu*ts

They deserve everything they get.

;)

Always seemed quite an innocent family to me but are you suggesting something darker?? What did they do to you? Tell me...let it all out. Once again it's one rule for tv monsters of the 60s...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12750: Aug 09, 2016 04:12:05 pm
      Bottom line Pogba is a good player, but £100 million no f**king way, on that basis Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Suarez must now all be worth £200 million! Manure have just fu**ed the entire transfer system for everyone, well done, hope it was worth it so that Maureen could get his vanity signing and that fat pr**k of an agent could get his 25% fee!!!

Totally agree he's not worth 93 million or what ever the final figure is. However, the market was well and truly fu**ed well before United when the Chavs & City were pricing us all out of the market. Simple true in my opinion is United have decided if you can't beat erm, join them.  ;D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12751: Aug 09, 2016 05:38:36 pm
      Do does the club (which is supposedly professional and has the resource of all the top experts in the business) know what they are doing? Letting him go early and paying £100m for him to return.

Most (computer gamers who are not even expert football business people) wouldn't even do that on Football Manager.

That probably explains why they are a bunch of cu*ts. Rightly so...  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12752: Aug 09, 2016 07:03:21 pm
      Surely that amount of cuntishness in one location should rip the fabric of spacetime.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #12753: Aug 09, 2016 10:32:23 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12754: Aug 09, 2016 11:10:43 pm

Yeah saw that. F***ing paranoid little kunt certainly has a knack of getting under my skin.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12755: Aug 09, 2016 11:40:15 pm
      Some United fan on SSN saying he's excited because Pogba isn't the finished article yet but in the next breathe he says Pogba is the first world class player to join the Prem in his prime :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #12756: Aug 09, 2016 11:51:33 pm
      Some United fan on SSN saying he's excited because Pogba isn't the finished article yet but in the next breathe he says Pogba is the first world class player to join the Prem in his prime :lmao:

The daft kunt  :lmao:
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #12757: Aug 10, 2016 12:01:54 am
      I honestly find it mildly amusing how most people are too emotionally invested to sustain an unbiased position when dealing with this kind of subjects.

Anyway, trying to be objective,  I think it can be said that:

1) Pogba is a hell of a good player.
      2) Mourinho is a hell of a c**t.
      3) Preemptively assigning a correct price tag to a player is a futile excercise. The most you could try to evaluate is how likely the player is to create an impact somehow equivalent to the money spent. Some tranfers will be riskier than others, but none can be labelled complete thrash before seeing it properly unfold. If Pogba performs at a world-class level for the next few years no one will say a damn thing about his transfer price. Comparatively speaking the price might seem ridiculously high, but since it seems ManU is not too worried about throwing that amount of cash around, I don't quite see where this point goes.
      4) Similarly, I don't think Mourinho is as bad a coach as depicted by some here, though most certainly he isn't the best coach in the world either (the hell?). If anything, after the money he has spent this summer, his job at United might be seen in the future as the defining point in his carreer.
      5) What Mourinho says is mostly correct if we part from the assumption that a club being bigger than another is defined by the relation of order between their budgets (which is a terrible assumption as far as I'm concerned)
      6) Margot Robbie is F***ing hot.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12758: Aug 10, 2016 02:03:47 am
      As much as I hate Utd,  as much as Moutinho is a c**t, I have to say,  he has improved their first team, not the squad, but their first F***ing team with immense establish players. I think they are gonna take some beating with that spine they have.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #12759: Aug 10, 2016 02:54:49 am
      As much as I hate Utd,  as much as Moutinho is a c**t, I have to say,  he has improved their first team, not the squad, but their first f**king team with immense establish players. I think they are gonna take some beating with that spine they have.

Has he F**k, watch them fail and laugh. All he has done is what he did at Chelsea, buy big and pray. He hasn't improved anything, all he has done is spend big money on average players.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #12760: Aug 10, 2016 10:08:55 am
      I cannot be bitter, but the Pogba signing, regardless of fee is a good one for them. They will now have a solid GK, solid CB, solid CM and solid CF.
      That is a solid spine through the team and will allow for them to be very competitive and hard to write off...sad but true.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12761: Aug 10, 2016 10:41:36 am
      I honestly find it mildly amusing how most people are too emotionally invested to sustain an unbiased position when dealing with this kind of subjects.
      If you are honestly amused at football fans being partizan and passionate; football probably isn't the game for you jabv... [and that's setting aside the Man U 'element']  :laugh:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #12762: Aug 10, 2016 11:49:42 am
      If you are honestly amused at football fans being partizan and passionate; football probably isn't the game for you jabv... [and that's setting aside the Man U 'element']  :laugh:

Baffles me when people mention about 'rose tinted glasses' and not being objective when it comes to football.

Surely as fans we are all passionate and don't look at things in a cold hard manner? That's kind of the point isn't it, having an emotional connection to the club? The ones who bang on about objectivity are the same ones who will be doing cost/benefit analysis every signing and telling us trophies are worth nothing it's all about top 4!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12763: Aug 10, 2016 02:16:45 pm

Anyway, trying to be objective,  I think it can be said that:

1) Pogba is a hell of a good player.
      2) Mourinho is a hell of a c**t.
      3) Preemptively assigning a correct price tag to a player is a futile excercise. The most you could try to evaluate is how likely the player is to create an impact somehow equivalent to the money spent. Some tranfers will be riskier than others, but none can be labelled complete thrash before seeing it properly unfold. If Pogba performs at a world-class level for the next few years no one will say a damn thing about his transfer price. Comparatively speaking the price might seem ridiculously high, but since it seems ManU is not too worried about throwing that amount of cash around, I don't quite see where this point goes.
      4) Similarly, I don't think Mourinho is as bad a coach as depicted by some here, though most certainly he isn't the best coach in the world either (the hell?). If anything, after the money he has spent this summer, his job at United might be seen in the future as the defining point in his carreer.
      5) What Mourinho says is mostly correct if we part from the assumption that a club being bigger than another is defined by the relation of order between their budgets (which is a terrible assumption as far as I'm concerned)
      6) Margot Robbie is F***ing hot.

It's the mancs, no F***ing need to be objective.

Pogba is an overrated c**t and wasn't even the best French player at the Euro's, Jose is a c**t and the mancs in general are a gang of cu*ts.

F**k objectiveness and F**k those manc cu*ts too.

Agree about Margot Robbie though!!

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12764: Aug 10, 2016 06:17:38 pm
      I don't think we can deny Pogba is a good player, but just how good is debatable. He looked great in Serie A, but that's a much different type of football than in England. Looked good at the World Cup, but overrated at the Euros, etc.

Quick Reply