Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2337223 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #13409: Oct 24, 2016 10:50:11 pm
      Fergie jumped ship when he did because he could see the sh*t that was about to happen to the team. How he managed to win the league in his final season is beyond me, had to be one of his weakest teams for a long time.

I don't call jumping ship when your in the 70s KK. Most people retire when their 65. He won it because he knew how to get the best out of his players. You only have to look at what Klopp did last year with the same players as Rodgers to know that's true.   ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13410: Oct 24, 2016 10:57:41 pm
      I don't call jumping ship when your in the 70s KK. Most people retire when their 65. He won it because he knew how to get the best out of his players. You only have to look at what Klopp did last year with the same players as Rodgers to know that's true.   ;)

Jumping ship or not he still left his successor with a bag of sh*te as events testify.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13411: Oct 24, 2016 11:06:33 pm
      Ha you couldn't make it up! Muppets.

F***ing can't stand them mate.  Whingy, whiney bas**rds that are so proud of their own achievements but blinded to anyone elses success.

They have a F***ing good squad, great players but a manager that is so risk averse these days he's too scared to play the attacking, creative players that could see them really challenge.  He'd rather play Lingard, Fellaini and Young, all workhorses who track back and defend well instead of Mata, Martial and Micky T.  Waste the talents of a young striker by playing him as a defensive wingback, rather than upfront where he could be devasting, preferring a past it, 35 year old striker who did well playing in F***ing Italy and France, a much slower league and/or surrounded by much better players, playing to his strengths, than he has now.

He's done.  Football's moved on since he had success with Inter.  Managers in the league have improved since he last had success.  There's more teams to overcome since he last had success.

Yes I know he won the title with the chavs recently but a bit like Fergies last title, it was a farce.  Every other club that should have challenged him were sh*t and the rot that finally saw him removed had set in before the title was won the previous season.

It was a desperate appointment, by a desperate Club, who can't afford to wait to do what they needed to do when the tramp deserted them which is bring in a manager that would build them back up to a force they need to be.

Thank F***ing F**k for that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13412: Oct 24, 2016 11:18:33 pm
      Well I'm pretty confidant it won't be another 20 odd years till we win it again Debs. Not sure I'll be around though  :-*

You sure mate?  Because if you keep making desperate decisions to try to get back to where you were, instead of accepting that it'll take time and patience to get there, those 20 years will fly. 

We know better than anyone how easy it is to fall away and how F***ing hard it is to get back there.  There's far more clubs now wanting your mantle and the new kids on the block can appear unexpectedly, from nowhere, like Leicester last season. 

None of us are guaranteed the success you've enjoyed anymore.  No team will dominate like we both have for the last 50 years.  No matter how much money you have, it guarantees nothing.  It might win you something, or bring success for a season or two but nothing like what English football witnessed for the last 50 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13413: Oct 24, 2016 11:23:27 pm
      Jumping ship or not he still left his successor with a bag of sh*te as events testify.

Well if we won the league with a bag of sh*te it doesn't say much for the teams below us at the time  ;)

Ps.. 27 years at one club classed as jumping ship  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #13414: Oct 25, 2016 01:09:18 am
      Quote from reddebs
      Oh and here's another great explanation for our success in the 70s and 80s.

We only won so many titles pre PL because of the back pass rule and we only won so many European Cups because the format was easier then.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We won the title in 82, after being halfway down the table at Christmas. Was that from the back pass rule, or by winning at the likes of City and at the toilet in successive weeks?
      We won the title in 86, by going unbeaten after the derby. Was that from the backpass rule, or by a revolutionary idea like Kenny putting himself back in the team to oversee on field operations?
      We won the league in 88, equalling the record for longest unbeaten run since the start of the season. Was that from the back pass rule, or by crushing teams 4-0 every week?

Before 92, the European Cup was an amazing competition, where all league champions from the strongest leagues  to the weakest across Europe, got to battle it out over two legs on a level playing field. There was no group phases, no playoffs, no second chances, no 4th place qualifiers, no 3rd place prizes. If you didn't win your league, you didn't play in it, that is how it should be.

There was no tv coverage, no worldwide audiences, and no annual 30 million payouts to depend on. British tv would only show the final if they were the host broadcaster or their own sides in it. It wasn't easier to win, but it was a more challenging competition. You won your knockout tie or you tried again next year.

Why our fans go over there to read enemy propaganda is a mystery to me, as you'll only wind yourself up. And as Singleton shows us, you certainly can't put "mancs fans" and "history" in the same sentence.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #13415: Oct 25, 2016 02:05:56 am
      Some fans have little faith stuey. I'm still very happy he's here  :)

I gave a like, I am very happy he is there also!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #13416: Oct 25, 2016 02:12:40 am
      You sure mate?  Because if you keep making desperate decisions to try to get back to where you were, instead of accepting that it'll take time and patience to get there, those 20 years will fly. 

We know better than anyone how easy it is to fall away and how f**king hard it is to get back there.  There's far more clubs now wanting your mantle and the new kids on the block can appear unexpectedly, from nowhere, like Leicester last season. 

None of us are guaranteed the success you've enjoyed anymore.  No team will dominate like we both have for the last 50 years.  No matter how much money you have, it guarantees nothing.  It might win you something, or bring success for a season or two but nothing like what English football witnessed for the last 50 years.

Put simply, when Fergie left, the referees breathed a huge sigh of relief and got on with their jobs. There is no doubt at all, united won so many titles simply because of the decisions he had going for him in the english game.

Ask any manc this, how come they never won as many European competitions, despite fergie being this great manager? how come he never showed his talent in europe?

When Liverpool were successful they were winning across the board, same now as Barcelona and Real Madrid, when they are that good they simply win, Fergie could only win domestically, why is that?

We all know, so the argument about them winning all those titles is pure bumf, and when fergie left he took the greatest players he had with him, the refs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13417: Oct 25, 2016 05:36:50 am
      Oh and here's another great explanation for our success in the 70s and 80s from the caf.

We only won so many titles pre PL because of the back pass rule and we only won so many European Cups because the format was easier then.

Get to the F***ing F**k!!!!!!

Every F***ing club in the F***ing league could use the F***ing back pass rule and every other F***ing club qualifying for the F***ing European Cup had the same F***ing format, so how the F***ing F**k did no other F***ing club take advantage!

Just F***ing accept it, you're F***ing sh*t  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The thing with winning stuff in the past was, you only had 1 sub on the bench, not God knows how many it is now, so you had to get it right. From the start, and in the ECup, you had to win every tie, no second chances, and you were playing the champions of every league, not also rans.

Knobs, the lot if them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13418: Oct 25, 2016 07:22:56 am
      The thing with winning stuff in the past was, you only had 1 sub on the bench, not God knows how many it is now, so you had to get it right. From the start, and in the ECup, you had to win every tie, no second chances, and you were playing the champions of every league, not also rans.

Knobs, the lot if them.

R.P. you are 100% correct with that assessment,not only did we win those cups we did it in style.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13419: Oct 25, 2016 08:34:09 am
      I still like him KK. Like I've said before, he's like marmite. You love him or hate him.

No, he's like dog sh*t.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13420: Oct 25, 2016 09:02:16 am

I dunno mate. I'd hate to get dog sh*t on the sole of my boots but...  >:D
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #13421: Oct 25, 2016 09:43:24 am
      It is the premiership. Even players like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and your mate wouldn't score as many in our league as you probably know.

That's bullshit! Messi and Ronaldo would destroy the premier league. Ronaldo has already done it, Suarez did it, Torres did it, Augero did it.

They would top any league because they are world class. Something Zlatan was until about 4-5 years ago  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13422: Oct 25, 2016 09:50:32 am

I gave a like, I am very happy he is there also!

:D :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13423: Oct 25, 2016 09:51:23 am
      That's bullshit! Messi and Ronaldo would destroy the premier league. Ronaldo has already done it, Suarez did it, Torres did it, Augero did it.

I'm sure they would but not 50 goals.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13424: Oct 25, 2016 10:16:20 am
      Heres one for you Keith.

On the radio this morning it was confirmed that Mourinho's performance so far is the same as Moyes was .... and we all know how that success story ended up.

All Ferguson ever was ..... was a Shankly clone.   
      How much does he dedicate to us in his own autobiography?
      Obsessed with us would be the word.
      Obsessed.

Two and a half decades to catch up with us ..... and you still haven't done it.

The big reality is ...... you never will.

:lmao:
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 12:04:13 pm by MIRO »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #13425: Oct 25, 2016 10:25:22 am
      Fergie has left behind a great legacy.....

One F**k up after another... ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13426: Oct 25, 2016 10:37:37 am
      Well if we won the league with a bag of sh*te it doesn't say much for the teams below us at the time  ;)

There lies the truth Keith, we were the only side that kept you down and when we faded there was no other team with the wherewithal to challenge, unlike now when any of the top four are well equipped to kick your arse. Everyone is agreed you were incredibly lucky to win the league when Ferguson left with that side, as stated events since and the current F**k up prove it.

Your refusal to acknowledge the facts is puzzling to say the least.

Ps.. 27 years at one club classed as jumping ship  :lmao:

27 years at one club then leaving without preparing for future challenges, whether he felt it was a mammoth task and beyond him or not is as near to jumping ship as you'll get.
      I realise that Moyes, LVG and the F***ing lemon you are stuck with now are nothing to crow about which is why you place Ferguson on a pedestal and endeavour to present him as the greatest ever F**k knows what.
      Carry on mate while the actual status of your club continues it's inevitable slide, none of the present ingredients in place will bring success.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13427: Oct 25, 2016 12:04:50 pm
      I can't keep up with you all  :D contrary to what you all believe I can't be on this site 25 hours a day 8 days a week.. Some of us have work to do  ;D. Will get back to answering some of you when I can.

Ps... Good luck tonite  :P  :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13428: Oct 25, 2016 12:11:34 pm

Knobs, the lot if them.

THIS.

No drawing in group stages and all that pansy F***ing stuff playing fourth placed teams.
      It was knock down , drag out  single tie stuff if you wanted to win the European Cup.
      Which we did . 

FIVE.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13429: Oct 25, 2016 12:12:46 pm
      I can't keep up with you all  :D contrary to what you all believe I can't be on this site 25 hours a day 8 days a week.. Some of us have work to do  ;D. Will get back to answering some of you when I can.

Ps... Good luck tonite  :P  :D

Cant keep up ?
      Just like your team Keith.

Good luck with Pep.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13430: Oct 25, 2016 12:20:40 pm

We know better than anyone how easy it is to fall away and how f**king hard it is to get back there.  There's far more clubs now wanting your mantle and the new kids on the block can appear unexpectedly, from nowhere, like Leicester last season. 

Course it takes time and patience.  Luckily we have the money to try sooner rather than later. I've said time and time as a fan I'm never worried what we pay for players, we can afford it, even when getting it wrong. That's  the pleasures of being one of the riches clubs in the world.

Yeah you have first hand experience of falling off your pedestal. No league in over 25 years is it?  Klopp doing a great job of trying to get you back. However, one thing is certain. The days of United & Liverpool ever repeating the glory days consistently are gone. To many teams now that have the resources to make sure it doesn't happen.

After 6 games of this season everyone stating league was over and were all fighting for second place. Look at shitty City now!! Looking like a great exciting season ahead. Even were only six points off and not playing well.  ;D

Remember the league is a marathon, not a sprint. I stand by my top 4 for the league. In no perticular order  :f_whistle: United, Liverpool, City &  Arsenal  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13431: Oct 25, 2016 12:24:53 pm
      Fergie has left behind a great legacy.....

One f**k up after another... ;D

He's left a great legacy. Goes down as the greatest manager  of all time. Won more trophies than anyone in our great league.  Shanks a close second though. Obviously were both biased  :D

Quick Reply