Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2336654 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #13961: Feb 16, 2017 11:28:49 pm
      Oh dear. Only supporting a football club because of the size of their wage bill. Man Utd fans showing that they are not sentient beings yet again! Doh!

You never heard me say that. Putting words in my mouth doesn't wash.  ;D Supported them when they were winning nothing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13962: Feb 16, 2017 11:31:37 pm
      No, no they really wouldn't.

And do what with them players exactly? Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, followed by Ibra and Pogba. What's been achieved?

Well in the 3, maybe more transitional years a little more than you guys with a few minor trophies.  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #13963: Feb 16, 2017 11:40:17 pm
      Well in the 3, maybe more transitional years a little more than you guys with a few minor trophies.

Fair point.  Take that one on the chin.  Although you have thrown a tad more money at the problem than we have been able to.

I'll say this for Mourinho - the only thing I do respect him for is that he treats all trophies with courtesy and always plays his strongest team.  He might not treat human beings with the same courtesy but that's primarily because he is, as a man, a c**t.

United have been lucky this season that your first team has almost always been available - we do seem to have suffered extensively with injuries - defensive changes on a weekly basis, farting around with our two average keepers, AFCON, etc etc.

In any case, that tie looks sewn up so you should rest all the first team and send the kids to France for the second leg. You might go a bit further in it this year seeing as we aren't there to stop you. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #13964: Feb 17, 2017 01:18:39 am
      I'll just leave this here for the 6th placed team in the Premier League ;)

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13965: Feb 17, 2017 10:28:57 am

I'll say this for Mourinho - the only thing I do respect him for is that he treats all trophies with courtesy and always plays his strongest team.  He might not treat human beings with the same courtesy but that's primarily because he is, as a man, a c**t.

United have been lucky this season that your first team has almost always been available - we do seem to have suffered extensively with injuries - defensive changes on a weekly basis, farting around with our two average keepers, AFCON, etc etc.

In any case, that tie looks sewn up so you should rest all the first team and send the kids to France for the second leg. You might go a bit further in it this year seeing as we aren't there to stop you. ;)

The only reason why we're not playing Liverpool in the EPL final is simple! Klopp fu**ed up. He's taken a massive gamble fielding a weaken team so he could concentrate on a possible Champions league place. Big big mistake, especially for the fans.

You always need luck but obviously having a bigger/better squad is always going to be a advantage JD.

You do need a keeper. I can think of two possibles that  would improve that problem. Hart & Schmeichel.

I do agree (( but only small )) to a extent that we can utilize our squad but not to the extend Klopp did. However, as back up the subs bench should be full of first team players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13966: Feb 17, 2017 10:47:44 am
      The only reason why we're not playing Liverpool in the EPL final is simple! Klopp fu**ed up. He's taken a massive gamble fielding a weaken team so he could concentrate on a possible Champions league place. Big big mistake, especially for the fans.

You always need luck but obviously having a bigger/better squad is always going to be a advantage JD.

You do need a keeper. I can think of two possibles that  would improve that problem. Hart & Schmeichel.

I do agree (( but only small )) to a extent that we can utilize our squad but not to the extend Klopp did. However, as back up the subs bench should be full of first team players.

I disagree, it was a perfectly acceptable gamble and one that most fans fully supported at the time. If we hadn't had Sakho ineligible for taking cough cough "slimming pills" and been forced to play the worst LB in the club's history, Moreno, then the gamble may well have paid off. Liverpool were also fairly unlucky in that final with decisions etc, not taking anything away from Sevilla who were superb, and it could easily have gone the other way in which case Liverpool would have been in the CL this season and been able to attract higher calibre players last summer etc etc. Anyway I'm quietly confident we'll get top 4 this season and remain there for quite some time to come.

How confident are you Keith of Man Utd getting top4 this season?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #13967: Feb 17, 2017 11:02:04 am
      I disagree, it was a perfectly acceptable gamble and one that most fans fully supported at the time. If we hadn't had Sakho ineligible for taking cough cough "slimming pills" and been forced to play the worst LB in the club's history, Moreno, then the gamble may well have paid off.

I'm assuming he was talking about this season's League Cup final - might be wrong like.

Still, I had a look at some of the teams left in the UEFA Cup.  Hardly any names left in it compared to last year.  Sevilla and Dortmund were miles better than anyone left in it this year IMO.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13968: Feb 17, 2017 11:05:19 am
      I'm assuming he was talking about this season's League Cup final - might be wrong like.

Still, I had a look at some of the teams left in the UEFA Cup.  Hardly any names left in it compared to last year.  Sevilla and Dortmund were miles better than anyone left in it this year IMO.

Yeah Man Utd have a chance at Europa League this year but there are still some good teams in there, I'm thinking mostly of Lyon, Roma, Shalke and of course Spurs although there are some other ok teams as well. Also as we get closer to the end of the season will Maureen be fielding his A-team in all the European games when he knows he has to win every PL match, I'm not so sure?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13969: Feb 17, 2017 11:55:05 am

How confident are you Keith of Man Utd getting top4 this season?

I'm not, just hopeful. We have to many games left with still being in all the cup competitions. Granted  we do have a good rotation squad. However, simple truth is the Europa competition simply has far far to many games for what it is. I.E. Back door to Champions league.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13970: Feb 17, 2017 11:56:03 am
      I'm assuming he was talking about this season's League Cup final

That's correct JD
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13971: Feb 17, 2017 02:50:32 pm

Then I'm a bit confused, I thought Klopp sent out the best XI in both legs against Southampton, that they subsequently fu**ed up and under performed twice is just a bloody tragedy :-( It would have made for a good final, but I still fancy Southampton to give you guys a bloody good game, just hope they don't choke.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13972: Feb 17, 2017 03:39:07 pm
      Then I'm a bit confused, I thought Klopp sent out the best XI in both legs against Southampton, that they subsequently fu**ed up and under performed twice is just a bloody tragedy :-( It would have made for a good final, but I still fancy Southampton to give you guys a bloody good game, just hope they don't choke.

With four changes for your home leg  and the following for your away leg I certainly don't have it as your strongest team.

Liverpool - Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge.
      Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Moreno, Stewart, Coutinho, Woodburn, Origi.

Only my opinion though.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #13973: Feb 17, 2017 05:15:38 pm
      I'm not, just hopeful. We have to many games left with still being in all the cup competitions. Granted  we do have a good rotation squad. However, simple truth is the Europa competition simply has far far to many games for what it is. I.E. Back door to Champions league.

See this is where I massively disagree when it comes to the mancs. If you spend the money you did, including the worlds most expensive player AND hire a manager for the specific reason of getting you back to the top then in my mind you (and Maureen) can't complain about the amount of games.

Especially Maureen, it's not as if he didn't know you would be in the Europa League before he took the job. The guys an absolute pr**k and the likes of Matt Busby wouldn't have been able to stand him imo. I don't even think Ferguson is a fan to be honest, despite how Jose claims he phoned him to tell him that Moyes was getting the job before anyone else.

Deluded little gobs***e he is!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13974: Feb 17, 2017 05:16:36 pm
      With four changes for your home leg  and the following for your away leg I certainly don't have it as your strongest team.

Liverpool - Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge.
      Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Moreno, Stewart, Coutinho, Woodburn, Origi.

Only my opinion though.

?? But that was due to injuries I think. I certainly can't remember thinking at the time "oh bugger that's a weak team" for either match.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13975: Feb 17, 2017 06:46:12 pm
      See this is where I massively disagree when it comes to the mancs. If you spend the money you did, including the worlds most expensive player AND hire a manager for the specific reason of getting you back to the top then in my mind you (and Maureen) can't complain about the amount of games

I'm not complaining. I was just stating it won't be easy to get in the top four given the amount of cup games we have.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13976: Feb 17, 2017 08:02:28 pm
      http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/3062446/zlatan-ibrahimovic-says-he-is-like-indiana-jones-after-first-manchester-united-hat-trick

He's in the right place at Utd, that is, as a man who likes old fossils and ancient relics - he'll love Wayne Rooney

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #13977: Feb 21, 2017 12:37:05 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton

It has two (2) more games than the European Cup. Every other round is exactly the same. They're not two too many.

The excuses are getting rehashed though. You have 38 league games, the same as everyone else. If you don't get what you want at the end of the 38 games, it's because you weren't good enough, as you're not atm. Nothing to do with playing games on a Thursday night.

A footballer's job is to play football games, be it a Thursday night or any other night. Get on with it or get out and take up some other less demanding, less rewarding sport.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13978: Feb 22, 2017 08:48:47 am
      You know what though wouldn't it be good to be able to just go and bid for one of Europes top talents Griezman like they seem to do year after year.

As much as we mock and rightly so they aint afraid to have a go in the transfer market.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #13979: Feb 22, 2017 04:39:04 pm
      How have these been allowed to play a europa tie on a Wednesday is it to do with Sunday?   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13980: Feb 22, 2017 05:03:41 pm
      How have these been allowed to play a europa tie on a Wednesday is it to do with Sunday?   

Conspicy theory's again  ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #13981: Feb 22, 2017 05:23:07 pm
      I don't know Conspicy. Does he work for u I mean the fa
      Was a genuine question .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13982: Feb 22, 2017 05:39:48 pm
      I don't know Conspicy. Does he work for u I mean the fa
      Was a genuine question .

Yeah I know mate just having a bit of fun.  :D Apparently it's because Lyon play tomorrow nite.

PS should read conspiracy, me bad again for not looking at my post.  ;D - 1  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13983: Feb 23, 2017 01:09:58 am

Jake Humphrey, Michael Owen, Paul Scholes, Owen Hargreaves and some guy.

Like a nightmare table at a wedding reception. You know what I'm talking about!

Quick Reply