Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2333916 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10833: Nov 21, 2014 08:27:58 am
      We finished 2nd and we brought in Markovic, they finished 7th, they brought in Di Maria

They're above us in the table, and they're spending serious money in an attempt to rebuild and get back in the Champions League. Is it sustainable? We say no, but then they've been spending money for 20 years and it doesn't look like drying up

I can't share in the humour and laugh at other teams when our team is the joke in the league right now. It's not like we're sitting up top looking down on everyone. Sure we can always laugh at the opposition, especially the mancs, but right now, it's an empty platitude and is coming across like, if we laugh loud enough perhaps we can forget our own very real sh*t storm. We've watched our own team serve up some of the worst football witnessed in decades and our three strikers have scored 0 goals between them in over a quarter of the season gone. Truth is, the joke is on us right now, and I think we need to get our own act together before we can start sniggering at other teams.

Still, this is the laugh at the mancs thread and I've said way too much already. Just very pissed off right now what with Studge breaking down again, and everything else.

I agree wholeheartedly mate but when it comes to the crunch, they are still the biggest cu*ts in the League and they laugh and talk and bi*ch about us all the time, it feels nice laughing at those cu*ts expense every now and again. They deserve it, the cu*ts!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10834: Nov 21, 2014 09:02:39 am
      I agree wholeheartedly mate but when it comes to the crunch, they are still the biggest cu*ts in the League and they laugh and talk and bi*ch about us all the time, it feels nice laughing at those cu*ts expense every now and again. They deserve it, the cu*ts!
      Can't argue with that
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10835: Nov 21, 2014 09:55:50 am
      I thought Woodward told shareholders the other day that they wouldn't be buying anyone in January, unless last summers targets come available.  Or are these players last summers targets?

Woodward did say that Debs and Van the man reiterated saying he didn't intend signing anyone in the Jan. window.
      You get a picture of some sports reporter sitting at his desk with his feet up, scratching his arse and having a ciggy when his boss appears on the horizon and he drops everything, makes a frantic dive for the nearest keyboard and types furiously away.
      With the chief editor still in view the lazy b***ard strives to look busy and link the random stuff typed out. 
      There you have it - literally lazy reporting.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10836: Nov 21, 2014 11:30:03 am
      Woodward did say that Debs and Van the man reiterated saying he didn't intend signing anyone in the Jan. window.
      You get a picture of some sports reporter sitting at his desk with his feet up, scratching his arse and having a ciggy when his boss appears on the horizon and he drops everything, makes a frantic dive for the nearest keyboard and types furiously away.
      With the chief editor still in view the lazy b***ard strives to look busy and link the random stuff typed out. 
      There you have it - literally lazy reporting.   

Perfect analagy mate.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10837: Dec 08, 2014 02:53:32 am
      Quote from Rush
      We finished 2nd and we brought in Markovic, they finished 7th, they brought in Di Maria.

Still, this is the laugh at the mancs thread and I've said way too much already.

Indeed it is that thread, and hopefully Southampton can provide us with some more laughs and entertainment tonight. Even if they can't though, I'm sure the next manc comedy show is just around the corner.

And it's also good to know that even though we still want to finish in the Top 4, normal service has resumed in that every Red is delighted to see City beat the mancs again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10838: Dec 08, 2014 09:43:27 pm
      We finished 2nd and we brought in Markovic, they finished 7th, they brought in Di Maria

On a plus side to this, at least Markovic wanted to sign for us, Di Maria went to the Mancs because he had no other option and even said it in one of his first interviews.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10839: Dec 08, 2014 09:52:25 pm
      On a plus side to this, at least Markovic wanted to sign for us, Di Maria went to the Mancs because he had no other option and even said it in one of his first interviews.

Who cares as long as the player does the business on the pitch. Sanchez didn't want to come to us but if we made an offer that left him no choice but to join us and he played as well as he has this season for us none of us would give two shits by now that Arsenal was his preferred destination.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10840: Dec 08, 2014 09:56:08 pm
      Who cares as long as the player does the business on the pitch. Sanchez didn't want to come to us but if we made an offer that left him no choice but to join us and he played as well as he has this season for us none of us would give two shits by now that Arsenal was his preferred destination.

Did you really think I was being serious as that being something to be overjoyed about?...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10841: Dec 08, 2014 09:56:25 pm
      Indeed it is that thread, and hopefully Southampton can provide us with some more laughs and entertainment tonight. Even if they can't though, I'm sure the next manc comedy show is just around the corner.

And it's also good to know that even though we still want to finish in the Top 4, normal service has resumed in that every Red is delighted to see City beat the mancs again.

United were rubbish again tonight sloppy passes all over the pitch and panic in their defence. But they still walked away with the three points for one simple reason, they possess something crucial to winning football matches that we don't currently  possess... goal scorers.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10842: Dec 08, 2014 09:58:39 pm
      United have been sh*t this season but are winning games. Shows what quality attacking players can do.

On a side note, looks like the Southampton hype was a bit misleading now that they've had to play some of the top sides.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #10843: Dec 08, 2014 09:59:14 pm
      They've annoyingly started to grind out results now. 5 wins on the bounce and they've been F***ing terrible.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10844: Dec 08, 2014 10:01:30 pm
      Did you really think I was being serious as that being something to be overjoyed about?...

No mate but it's infuriating that we didn't sign a single top class player out of £120 million after selling our only world class player. Arsenal did, Chavs did, Mancs did, City didn't need to. We signed potential and pretenders.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10845: Dec 08, 2014 10:02:50 pm
      United have been sh*t this season but are winning games. Shows what quality attacking players can do.

On a side note, looks like the Southampton hype was a bit misleading now that they've had to play some of the top sides.

We even beat Southampton mate. These recent losses were on the cards for them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10846: Dec 08, 2014 10:03:07 pm
      They've annoyingly started to grind out results now. 5 wins on the bounce and they've been f**king terrible.

Strikers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10847: Dec 08, 2014 10:05:18 pm
      No mate but it's infuriating that we didn't sign a single top class player out of £120 million after selling our only world class player. Arsenal did, Chavs did, Mancs did, City didn't need to. We signed potential and pretenders.

I know mate, the time when there were some world class players up for grabs and we didn't even so much as try and get a single one other than Sanchez and even still I think that was a half arsed attempt.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10848: Dec 08, 2014 10:10:06 pm
      I know mate, the time when there were some world class players up for grabs and we didn't even so much as try and get a single one other than Sanchez and even still I think that was a half arsed attempt.

How Brendan didn't demand we sign Sanchez at all costs is beyond me. He was the perfect Suarez replacement from the very club we were selling out prized asset to. I firmly believe an early £40 million offer would have fended off Arsenals interest. Oh well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10849: Dec 08, 2014 10:21:56 pm
      How Brendan didn't demand we sign Sanchez at all costs is beyond me. He was the perfect Suarez replacement from the very club we were selling out prized asset to. I firmly believe an early £40 million offer would have fended off Arsenals interest. Oh well.

You're supposed to be laughing at the mancs not Brendan Rodgers.
      Sanchez wanted to go to London as opposed to Liverpool - no accounting for taste.
      Apparently the manager cannot bid more than 30m-ish for a target.

Maybe a 40m bid would have had some effect, maybe.
      Had BR been allowed to make that bid.
      Nothing could change the player's preferred location however.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #10850: Dec 08, 2014 10:38:17 pm
      Nothing could change the player's preferred location however.

you are wrong mate. Pay him an extra 10k-20k a week, and he would be here now. Simple.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10851: Dec 09, 2014 05:48:18 am
      you are wrong mate. Pay him an extra 10k-20k a week, and he would be here now. Simple.

The error if there is any, lies at the feet of whoever deemed the £40m transfer fee unrealistic therefore dead in the water.
      The location issue was relevant unlike the after thought about a hypothetical wage payment.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014 06:01:18 am by stuey »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10852: Dec 14, 2014 01:07:59 pm
      Not really a laughing matter but a bit of perspective now that rubber face Jones is back playing today. The ugly c**t put a bid of £3.5m on this house and then been outbid by 300k.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #10853: Dec 14, 2014 04:54:39 pm
      Have to hand it to LVG he knows how to pick his best team when his star player is injured.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #10854: Dec 16, 2014 07:13:23 am
      Just 3 points behind City. Can see them challenging for title if they buy some defenders this Jan.

The change of fortunes of us and them over last two seasons is extra ordinary.

Won title under SAF, then Moyes took over, finished 7th. Now in top 3 in a settled league.
      Under Suarez  ;)we challenged the title, then BR took over, we are struggling to get into top 10.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10855: Dec 16, 2014 10:10:02 am
      Just 3 points behind City. Can see them challenging for title if they buy some defenders this Jan.

The change of fortunes of us and them over last two seasons is extra ordinary.

Won title under SAF, then Moyes took over, finished 7th. Now in top 3 in a settled league.
      Under Suarez  ;)we challenged the title, then BR took over, we are struggling to get into top 10.

No chance, Chelsea are going to have it wrapped up in no time at all this season.

Quick Reply