Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2329632 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #13432: Oct 25, 2016 12:33:56 pm
      Put simply, when Fergie left, the referees breathed a huge sigh of relief and got on with their jobs. There is no doubt at all, united won so many titles simply because of the decisions he had going for him in the english game.

Ask any manc this, how come they never won as many European competitions, despite fergie being this great manager? how come he never showed his talent in europe?

When Liverpool were successful they were winning across the board, same now as Barcelona and Real Madrid, when they are that good they simply win, Fergie could only win domestically, why is that?

We all know, so the argument about them winning all those titles is pure bumf, and when fergie left he took the greatest players he had with him, the refs.

I think more sigh of you relief for you Liverpool fans   :D it gave you and other fans a chance of thinking you could win again  ;D. Anyway, passed is the passed.

It swings in roundabouts. First Liverpool, then Manchester United. Now it's a mix bag of Barcelona  and sometimes Real Madrid.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13433: Oct 25, 2016 12:48:21 pm
      He's left a great legacy. Goes down as the greatest manager  of all time. Won more trophies than anyone in our great league.  Shanks a close second though. Obviously were both biased  :D

Most successful?.....please...I'll take Bob Paisleys 9 years of dominance of Fergie's 26 of achievement....takes Fergie almost 3 decades to achieve what Paisley achieved in 9.... That's successful mate...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13434: Oct 25, 2016 12:59:06 pm
      I see that in the papers today that rooney has been told he needs to find another club if he wants guaranteed first team football

No word yet if Tranmere are that desperate

#onceabluealwaysamanc
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13435: Oct 25, 2016 02:46:58 pm
      I see that in the papers today that rooney has been told he needs to find another club if he wants guaranteed first team football

No word yet if Tranmere are that desperate

#onceabluealwaysamanc

How many years left on his £300,000 a week contract? Why would he move?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #13436: Oct 25, 2016 03:38:33 pm
      What's this thing mancs have with the European cup/Champions League.
      No mention is ever made of it when they bullshit about greatest ever blah blah blah.

Robert Paisley won it three times - more than your supposed ''greatest ever'' manager.

LFC have won it 5(five) times - more than the claimed best team in the universe.

That's why they don't mention the CL, the richest club in the world can't buy what they desire most and they certainly haven't got the means to achieve what LFC did.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13437: Oct 25, 2016 04:09:00 pm
      Course it takes time and patience.  Luckily we have the money to try sooner rather than later. I've said time and time as a fan I'm never worried what we pay for players, we can afford it, even when getting it wrong. That's  the pleasures of being one of the riches clubs in the world.

Yeah you have first hand experience of falling off your pedestal. No league in over 25 years is it?  Klopp doing a great job of trying to get you back. However, one thing is certain. The days of United & Liverpool ever repeating the glory days consistently are gone. To many teams now that have the resources to make sure it doesn't happen.

After 6 games of this season everyone stating league was over and were all fighting for second place. Look at shitty City now!! Looking like a great exciting season ahead. Even were only six points off and not playing well.  ;D

Remember the league is a marathon, not a sprint. I stand by my top 4 for the league. In no perticular order  :f_whistle: United, Liverpool, City &  Arsenal  :f_whistle:

There you go again Keith, mentioning how much money you have and that you can continue to waste it as you desperately try to keep up, never mind overtake those who've already replaced you at the top.

Spending disgusting amounts of money, year in year out on players and managers, playing real life footy manager. 

This isn't a computer game mate, the players are human beings not graphical images created by animators and controlled by buttons. 

If you'd wanted to build something special, a second dynasty to continue the tramps work then mourinho was the worst possible appointment to choose.  He has no vision to the future, he's a here and now manager with only one way of doing things and has no history of being able to turn the sh*t round when it hits the fan.

He has the players already at his disposal to play much better than you are but he's already reverted to type.  Playing big, bruising, workhorses set up not to lose after the first hint of a set back instead of continuing to work with the creativity he has and make it click.

What you really needed was a manager who wouldn't spend sh*t loads of money, just what was needed to improve what you already had and get a cohesive unit together. 

Anyway I'm glad you've got him cos given enough time he'll do more damage than good.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13438: Oct 25, 2016 04:22:38 pm
      How many years left on his £300,000 a week contract? Why would he move?

I read somewhere he's been offered £500k a week.  Probably  :spam:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13439: Oct 25, 2016 04:25:56 pm

What you really needed was a manager who wouldn't spend sh*t loads of money, just what was needed to improve what you already had and get a cohesive unit together. 

Klopp likes this ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13440: Oct 25, 2016 04:26:01 pm
      What's this thing mancs have with the European cup/Champions League.
      No mention is ever made of it when they bullshit about greatest ever blah blah blah.

Robert Paisley won it three times - more than your supposed ''greatest ever'' manager.

LFC have won it 5(five) times - more than the claimed best team in the universe.

That's why they don't mention the CL, the richest club in the world can't buy what they desire most and they certainly haven't got the means to achieve what LFC did.

Well I love CL football so don't put me in that bracket. Liverpool winning it 5 times is hell of a achievement and quite rightly your all proud of it. Especially keeping the trophy as well.  :aaliverpoolwz0:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13441: Oct 25, 2016 04:28:18 pm

Yep.  Trouble is they would never not spend more than everyone else, they have a reputation to uphold mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13442: Oct 25, 2016 04:31:03 pm
      There you go again Keith, mentioning how much money you have and that you can continue to waste it as you desperately try to keep up, never mind overtake those who've already replaced you at the top.

Spending disgusting amounts of money, year in year out on players and managers, playing real life footy manager. 

If you'd wanted to build something special, a second dynasty to continue the tramps work then mourinho was the worst possible appointment to choose.  He has no vision to the future, he's a here and now manager with only one way of doing things and has no history of being able to turn the sh*t round when it hits the fan.

Anyway I'm glad you've got him cos given enough time he'll do more damage than good.

Unfortunately that's the world we live in now, time is money and all that. I prefer the old fashion way, especially when most of our players were all home grown.

At least we agree about the manager. Were both happy that's he's at United.  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13443: Oct 25, 2016 04:33:15 pm
      Unfortunately that's the world we live in now, time is money and all that. I prefer the old fashion way, especially when most of our players were all home grown.

At least we agree about the manager. Were both happy that's he's at United.  ;D

Happy for very different reasons.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13444: Oct 25, 2016 06:16:50 pm
      Those that were saying we weren't spending enough and need to get some big money, proven players like the Mancs.

Sure?

Hahahahaha loving their downfall
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #13445: Oct 25, 2016 07:08:32 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Could of been totally different if the second dirtiest player in the premier league had been sent off for a straight red card.... Didn't you see it??

No it wouldn't have been any different. You were already losing by the time Hairbag got stuck in.

We battered them at the Bridge in 2001, winning a penalty and peppering the keeper with shots from all angles throughout the 90 minutes, earning him the tv MOM.

We also conceded an early goal and lost 0-4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13446: Oct 25, 2016 11:45:02 pm
      Yep.  Trouble is they would never not spend more than everyone else, they have a reputation to uphold mate.

I can't agree debs. If you had owners like Man City & Chelsea that are prepared to throw bucket loads in then as a fan you'd take full advantage to try and get the best players. Not saying it will work in reality though  :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #13447: Oct 26, 2016 08:55:13 am
      I can't agree debs. If you had owners like Man City & Chelsea that are prepared to throw bucket loads in then as a fan you'd take full advantage to try and get the best players. Not saying it will work in reality though  :D

Sold your soul. United (despite being a bunch of fucks) used to be a 'real' club that whilst spending big money was always building towards something and looking long term.

Now you are no better than the Chavs or City or Madrid. Just blowing all the money you can to try solve your problems and show how relevant you remain.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13448: Oct 26, 2016 09:15:36 am
      Sold your soul. United (despite being a bunch of fucks) used to be a 'real' club that whilst spending big money was always building towards something and looking long term.

Now you are no better than the Chavs or City or Madrid. Just blowing all the money you can to try solve your problems and show how relevant you remain.

Nothing to do with soul. It's the reality of life. I don't like it but as a fan we don't really have a say. F**k IT, let's go back the old fashion way and be a Sunderland, Burnley or Stoke. Win F**k all and fight for relegation battle every year.  :f_whistle:
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #13449: Oct 26, 2016 09:26:44 am
      I think we are going to get an insight tonight into the current mindset of Maureen with his team selection.
      I think it's going to be a much stronger team than would normally be expected because he knows he has to a) give the fans a lift and b) place emphasis on a competition he thinks they could win (he thinks, not that they will !!)
      A weaker team (in relative terms) means he still thinks they are competitive in the league.

Ps whilst I may hate his team and everything they stand for can I say fair play to Keith for coming on here defending his team and doing it in the respectful manner that this forum expects.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13450: Oct 26, 2016 09:34:39 am
      I think we are going to get an insight tonight into the current mindset of Maureen with his team selection.
      I think it's going to be a much stronger team than would normally be expected because he knows he has to a) give the fans a lift and b) place emphasis on a competition he thinks they could win (he thinks, not that they will !!)
      A weaker team (in relative terms) means he still thinks they are competitive in the league.

Ps whilst I may hate his team and everything they stand for can I say fair play to Keith for coming on here defending his team and doing it in the respectful manner that this forum expects.

I feel loved these last few days   :D thank you sir :)  I think must of us will defend their team when possible. I just hate it when fans try and defend the indefensible. And think their club can do no wrong... Is any team perfect?? Not sure I should ask that  ;D as this page might go into meltdown  :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #13451: Oct 26, 2016 09:57:20 am
      Nothing to do with soul. It's the reality of life. I don't like it but as a fan we don't really have a say. F**k IT, let's go back the old fashion way and be a Sunderland, Burnley or Stoke. Win f**k all and fight for relegation battle every year.  :f_whistle:

Was it reality while Ferguson was in charge and you were cleaning up? You may have spent big at times but nothing like you have since he retired.

It will all end in tears anyway, Jose already saying his life in Manchester is a disaster!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13452: Oct 26, 2016 10:13:50 am

No it doesn't work mate when the players being bought are the wrong players.  If you'd spent the same amount of money on the right players since the tramp left you wouldn't be in the state you have been and still are.  Now you need to still spend to put right those mistakes.

The tramp always spent big on the odd one or two players every few seasons or so but you could always see where and how they'd be used and invariably they improved what you already had.  They were never "statement" signings like they have been the last 3 years.

You're being run to please sponsors and by unscrupulous agents, Woodwood is a puppet to their influence and that's never a good move.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13453: Oct 26, 2016 10:57:32 am
      Was it reality while Ferguson was in charge and you were cleaning up? You may have spent big at times but nothing like you have since he retired.

Very much so. Think they called it the class of 92. Never cost s a penny. We then just added to it by spending big like the rest. You have to remember it was the Chavs who started it. No one could compete with them.. Then City priced United out of one or two players when they came big players with their new chairman and now United doing the same thing.. So let's not forget it's basically down to the Chavs and then others followed suit. 

Wasn't there talk of you being taking over from a Chinese group or something??  Don't think you fans would of complained if they had and thrown Klopp 300/400 million and said go and get who you want.. That basically is my argument.

Regards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13454: Oct 26, 2016 11:03:07 am

The tramp always spent big on the odd one or two players every few seasons or so but you could always see where and how they'd be used and invariably they improved what you already had.  They were never "statement" signings like they have been the last 3 years.

You're being run to please sponsors and by unscrupulous agents, Woodwood is a puppet to their influence and that's never a good move.

The Tramp?? You mean whiskey nose  ;D

Good point about sponsors & unscrupulous agents. Sadly there is F**k all we can do about that. That's the way football is going.  :-\

Quick Reply