Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Rugby

Read 119679 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Re: Rugby
      Reply #207: Mar 16, 2013 09:39:36 am
      Massive game tomorrow mate, as big as it gets for us. It's always about battering the English. Was speaking to Adam Jones earlier this week and he is super fired up for this.

My only concern is we are so predictable in the centre, Davies and Roberts are so one dimensional it's not right. It breaks my heart to see Hook on the bench when we need someone at inside centre to give us that creativity and diversity. Davies and Roberts have offered next to nothing all tournament, the same goes for North and Cuthbert. Maybe this is the calm before the storm, i hope it is.

Howley will have a lot to answer for if he fucks this up. We are renowned for playing flair rugby, not sending steroid freaks on crash balls.

I remember after the Irish game where Davies threw two passes into touch, i f**king cringed. Then the following week he did an interview  in the paper saying he was working on his passing!, working on his f**king passing!.

What a f**king tw*t!. Passing is the first thing you're taught in rugby.

We can beat England tomorrow, by more than eight points if need be. I just worry that that eight points might be too much if we carry on playing this sub standard rugby. We need to buck our ideas up and fast.
      Exactly what i think of it mate ,howley has us playing some dire stuff at the moment ,agree with your centre worries as well , not so for the wings though only for the fact the ball has not got that far all tournament ,i am hoping that will change today ,we have the power and skill to beat England today i hope the players throw off their shackles and play the game as it should be played ,.

And please no more aimless kicking of the ball for no good reason ,all it does is surrender possession i don,t feel we can get away with that against England today .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #208: Mar 16, 2013 07:35:38 pm
      The rugby was so good today. Fast, free flowing action, great tackles, intelligent play and decision making in the final areas, brilliant entertainment all round.

Take a bow Huddersfield and Hull.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #209: Mar 17, 2013 10:01:30 am
      Well we saved our best for last hell of a performance by us yesterday, its not over till its over .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #210: Mar 17, 2013 06:33:34 pm
      Fantastic result yesterday, and still on a high today! Just a shame about the first 40 minutes against the Irish.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #211: Mar 18, 2013 05:20:08 pm
      :lmao:

Wales losing at Rugby is one of life's little joys

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #212: Mar 18, 2013 05:33:34 pm
      Spot the Welshman

:D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #213: Mar 19, 2013 01:52:44 pm
      Well done to Wales.
      How different it looked at the start for Ireland.
      I've never seen a campaign like it for injuries.

Not sure who could be held accountable for that,
      but I suppose if you never play the fringe players
      it becomes hard for them to be thrown in the deep end.

Lessons needed to be learned and pretty quickly.

Sad way for BOD to finish.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #214: Mar 19, 2013 08:43:46 pm
      My sister joined up for the espn fantasy team for the 6 nations we all joined her league as she always sets one up ,she came second out of the whole of the uk losing by just 3 points ,i was second in our league she got me by 26 points ,she got some good prizes but just missed out on a brand new flat screen  ,also my brother in law won one of the rounds out of the whole of britain so he also got a load of goodies .
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #215: May 25, 2013 06:26:00 am
      Should be a cracking game tonigh between Ulster and Leinster in the final of the Pro 12 league. Stand up, for the Ulster men!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #216: May 28, 2013 01:55:46 pm
      Should be a cracking game tonigh between Ulster and Leinster in the final of the Pro 12 league. Stand up, for the Ulster men!

No. :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #217: May 28, 2013 02:50:49 pm
      Good to see Rory Best getting into the Lions team, should have been there in the first place
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #218: May 28, 2013 03:17:43 pm
      Good to see Rory Best getting into the Lions team, should have been there in the first place

Still wont change the fact I spent two weeks listening to that on the radio between two national
      radio broadcasters. All they did was give out about Best not making the team.

Man I hate Irish national radio.

Good to see him make the team. There was always the chance he'd be drafted in following an injury,
      and to be fair some of his line outs have been dire.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #219: May 28, 2013 04:07:16 pm
      He's had a good season at Ulster this year, not the best six nations though
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #220: Jun 01, 2013 03:53:07 pm
      Good win for the Lions Today, bring on the Aussies.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #221: Jun 02, 2013 02:17:21 pm
      Good win, very strong Welsh showing in particular
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #222: Jun 06, 2013 12:29:28 pm
      Lions 2013: Injured Cian Healy is cited over alleged bite

British and Irish Lions prop Cian Healy has been cited for allegedly biting Western Force scrum-half Brett Sheehan.

Sheehan accused Healy of biting his arm in the 17th minute of the Lions' 69-17 win over Force in Perth.

Healy, whose tour may be over after an ankle injury, will be at a disciplinary hearing at 00:00 BST on Friday.

The incident was referred during the match to the television match official, who ruled there was no evidence to support Sheehan's claim.

"I don't know if it was an accident or on purpose," Sheehan told Australian television at half-time.

But Healy has now been cited under Law 10.4(m) of International Rugby Board's laws of the game, which states "contrary to good sportsmanship, a player may not bite an opponent".

If found guilty Healy faces a lengthy ban. England hooker Dylan Hartley was banned for eight weeks in 2012 for biting the finger of Ireland's Stephen Ferris.

"He has been cited for acts contrary to good sportsmanship against Western Force scrum-half Brett Sheehan," the Australia Rugby Union said in a statement.

Healy, 25, sustained suspected ankle ligament damage after twisting his left leg in the 37th minute and had to be taken off on a stretcher.

England prop Alex Corbisiero has been called up as cover for Healy, although a Lions spokesman said the Irishman has not yet been ruled out of the rest of the tour.

"He went for an X-ray and the medics say it wasn't broken," said head coach Warren Gatland.

"We just assume it is ligament damage. He may need a scan to further delve into the potential of the injury."

Gatland confirmed that Wales loose-head Gethin Jenkins will play against Queensland Reds on Saturday after recovering from a calf injury.

Lions captain Brian O'Driscoll, who scored two tries in the victory, offered his sympathies to Healy, a Leinster and Ireland colleague.

"He is a club-mate and an international team-mate, but he is also now a Lions team-mate," O'Driscoll said. "If that is the end of his tour, it is bitterly disappointing. We just wait and hope it isn't as bad as it first seemed."

There was a more positive bulletin on their Leinster and Ireland team-mate Rob Kearney, who is battling to recover from a grade two hamstring tear.

Kearney, 27, is making good progress and looks set to return to full training early next week. He could then be in contention for either next Tuesday's match, against a Queensland-New South Wales Country combination, or the following Saturday against the New South Wales Waratahs.

I'm sure David Cameron will make a comment on this!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #223: Jun 09, 2013 11:10:10 pm
      I like it HR .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #224: Feb 01, 2014 11:43:32 am
      That time of year and the six nations gets up and running ,can Wales do the treble and win the title for a record time , who would have thought BOD would be back for this campaign personally feel he has lost that little edge that all great players have, a strange fact that France always seem to win the championship following a lions tour , lets hope that trend ends this time , C,mon Wales do us proud.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #225: Feb 01, 2014 04:35:33 pm
      That time of year and the six nations gets up and running ,can Wales do the treble and win the title for a record time , who would have thought BOD would be back for this campaign personally feel he has lost that little edge that all great players have, a strange fact that France always seem to win the championship following a lions tour , lets hope that trend ends this time , C,mon Wales do us proud.

Don't know if I can stomach that biased chode Jonathan Davies!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #226: Feb 01, 2014 05:11:08 pm
      Six Nations sweepstake at work.

£10 a shot, winner takes all.

I drew Italy  :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #227: Feb 02, 2014 12:37:00 am
      Might as well pay up buddy!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #228: Feb 02, 2014 12:03:17 pm
      A poor game yesterday by wales we got the points and thats all you can say , France snatch it at the end in a far better game England for all their possesion could not put enough points on the board ,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #229: Feb 08, 2014 11:12:00 am
      Ireland today now this one could get a bit furry O driscoll and all that ,still take us to put one over you lot. 

Quick Reply