Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Rugby

Read 119421 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Rugby
      Reply #276: Mar 04, 2015 01:48:00 pm
      You mean you've dismissed the Welsh already? Don't you remember what happened two years ago?

No mate, but that was the game that really mattered, it's a family thing!
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #277: Mar 13, 2015 10:00:05 pm
      I f**king hated watching the end of that game.
      Great result.

Wales next.
      Very tough game.

Hope Sexton is ok. Seems to be targeted now, which is c**t behaviour.

Big, big game tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Expecting plenty of big hits and it getting a bit tasty during the match - especially seeing as there's so much riding on it...for both sides.

Sexton has been named but by all accounts it's a big talking point and they reckon it's a bit of a risk him coming back so soon.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #278: Mar 15, 2015 12:20:18 am
      For all  our freinds on here who have no interest in the oval game take a look todays game was a game of brutal courage and honesty . A game where mo quarter was given or asked tip my hat to two fabulous teams who showed what sport  is all about .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #279: Mar 15, 2015 12:51:53 am
      For all  our freinds on here who have no interest in the oval game take a look todays game was a game of brutal courage and honesty . A game where mo quarter was given or asked tip my hat to two fabulous teams who showed what sport  is all about .

That was by far the best rugby match I've seen in a long time. Goes to show that it doesn't have to be full of tries to be a great spectacle. Fans for both teams can be proud of their efforts today.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #280: Mar 15, 2015 01:10:45 am

I hope you mean the Wales v Ireland game? ;)

It might have been a totally different game had Wales not sailed into a 12-0 lead. Ireland had to change their game plan and go chase the game instead which inevitably made the game a lot more open.

Didn't think Wales would hang on. But fair play and credit where it's due, their defence was immense. Hopefully, that will spur them on now and give them the confidence to know that they can close out games against the big boys.

Great consistent and impartial refereeing too today. Made some huge calls and got everyone of them right - IMO ;D

On another note; I wish the Scots would pick their arses up. What's happening with them? It's not as though they haven't got the players FFS.
      It happens time and time again. They always show some improvement and form during the Autumn Internationals only to then fade away fast and become Wooden Spoon contenders...winners. :f_whistle:

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #281: Mar 15, 2015 01:26:08 am
      I hope you mean the Wales v Ireland game? ;)

It might have been a totally different game had Wales not sailed into a 12-0 lead. Ireland had to change their game plan and go chase the game instead which inevitably made the game a lot more open.

Didn't think Wales would hang on. But fair play and credit where it's due, their defence was immense. Hopefully, that will spur them on now and give them the confidence to know that they can close out games against the big boys.

Great consistent and impartial refereeing too today. Made some huge calls and got everyone of them right - IMO ;D

On another note; I wish the Scots would pick their arses up. What's happening with them? It's not as though they haven't got the players FFS.
      It happens time and time again. They always show some improvement and form during the Autumn Internationals only to then fade away fast and become Wooden Spoon contenders...winners. :f_whistle:

Glad you  mentioned the ref  even though I didn't agree with sor decision he was consistent throughout and thats all you can ask a great spectacle  made all the bettee cos we fookin won  .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #282: Mar 19, 2015 01:12:14 pm
      Well going into the last weekend of the championship and its one from three , I dont think wales have a snowballs chance in hell to be honest as the days of puttung forty to fifty points on Italy have long gone , France have been sh*t all way through do they have one game in them our Irish freinds will surely be hoping so, although its not beyond the realms of fantasy that the Scots could turn them over .
      Here,s hoping for a great last day .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #283: Mar 21, 2015 01:11:58 pm
      All set up now for a cracking final six nations round. Any one of four teams can still win the tournament. Italy are really fired up now against Wales putting in a great first half performance. All to do in the second half for Wales. Hopefully Ireland do the business against Scotland.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #284: Mar 21, 2015 04:06:11 pm
      Italy crumbled in the second half I see, embarrassing performance by them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #285: Mar 21, 2015 04:08:45 pm
      Italy crumbled in the second half I see, embarrassing performance by them.

No stamina in that team they were off their feet early in the second half.

Ireland just put in a massive performance up by 30 points against Scotland!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #286: Mar 21, 2015 04:22:55 pm
      No stamina in that team they were off their feet early in the second half.

Ireland just put in a massive performance up by 30 points against Scotland!

England need to get their arses in gear from the start against France. Looks like the trophy will be going to Ireland, I don't see England winning by more than 26 points, France have one of the best GA records in the competition.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #287: Mar 21, 2015 07:00:55 pm
      Wow what a day!

As much as I love football, rugby eclipsed all today!

Big congrats to Ireland for winning the championship it was a nerve wracking finale but they just did enough to keep it from England's grasp.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #288: Mar 21, 2015 07:01:53 pm
      England need to get their arses in gear from the start against France. Looks like the trophy will be going to Ireland, I don't see England winning by more than 26 points, France have one of the best GA records in the competition.

It was close mate. What a game, what a day!

Ole ole!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #289: Mar 21, 2015 07:33:25 pm
      Small margins as Brian Moore says.
      Ireland won the title because of a try that wasn't grounded properly. Perhaps.

IMO Ireland were probably the best team over the course of the 5 games, but bloody hell what a performance today from England.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #290: Mar 21, 2015 08:36:02 pm
      2 in a row for Ireland! That's quite an achievement for us. SUFTBIG!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #291: Mar 21, 2015 10:15:20 pm
       :food-smiley-005: COYBIG!

That tap and go by France at the end was had me at my wicks end! Such a stressful day of rugby, what a day though!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #292: Mar 22, 2015 01:10:35 am
      Tight as a nats arse.

Wonder how many teams have done back to back Six Nations without taking the Grand Slam?

Either way, what a day that was!
      Horrible to watch as an Irishman, until it was over!

The boos that rang around when France kicked the ball out!
      Cracked me up. :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #293: Mar 23, 2015 01:11:06 pm
      What a fantastic last day well done to ireland always felt Wales were two scores short take it easy over the summer look forward to winding it up for the world cup .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #294: Jul 25, 2015 04:07:45 pm
      New Zealand and South Africa  hope its a good un .The last time for one of sports greats Richie Mcaw to lead his team in Africa  crank it up lads here we go .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #295: Jul 25, 2015 05:02:23 pm
      Cracking first half
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #296: Jul 25, 2015 06:02:00 pm
      What a legend is Richie McCaw.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #297: Jul 25, 2015 06:03:38 pm
      What score is it? I've been mowing the lawn so not seen anything since the 45th minute.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #298: Aug 12, 2015 07:17:52 am
      Following the rugby championship here...but the Boks really played poorly against Argentina. The coach really needs to settle on the team and combinations he wants, but i have a feeling its mind games again ahead of RWC and he doesnt wanna show his hand.
      I love watching the All Blacks, but they seem to be missing a few components to make them a dominant force again.
      Aussies and Pumas look like vastly improved sides and this should make it a very hard fought RWC.
      Whose ur money on?

Quick Reply