Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

England National Football Team

Read 358961 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2369: Jun 10, 2016 11:35:16 pm
      The "ENGURLAAAND" supporter is a different animal completely than most club fans.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2370: Jun 10, 2016 11:39:55 pm
      The "ENGURLAAAND" supporter is a different animal completely than most club fans.

Probably not that far off the Chelsea, Millwall, West Ham, Leeds animal.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2371: Jun 10, 2016 11:53:20 pm

Just judging by the flags, banners etc. that usually appear, there seem to be a lot of supporters from the lower leagues. Can't tar every fan with the same brush, though.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2372: Jun 11, 2016 08:30:20 am
      After the Terry Venables era is when my support for England just ceased to be. Strange really because I did used to get excited at the prospect of seeing the best the country had to offer all in the one team. It's a very strong team now but look at the manager...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2373: Jun 11, 2016 08:58:22 am

They could be one of the same mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2374: Jun 11, 2016 10:26:07 am
      I don't support England more than Liverpool. Liverpool winning Europa League would have probably been bigger than England winning Euro to me. It is probably 55% Liverpool 45% England if I had to put numbers on it. That does not mean it is right to think all England fans are as some describes ***** or ****..... won't repeat the vile as it shows us in ban light. It was a minority of England fans throwing bottles according to more accuate reports. Some reports say Russian fans started it and we retaliated. Also french people threw English over a bridge. Why only England fans get blamed for this in the  main media? A large number of fans were tear gassed but the majority that were gassed did nothing. Imagine having a pint and a chap two tables away was being a tool...and you including everone else were tear gassed and labled thugs? How fair is that? Those England fans making chants I won't repeat need charging under national security laws. I won't defend the bad ones but it is really just much less than 1% of fans. I didn't see calls to ban our fans from Europa league on here when they threw bottles at other team busses, set flares off in stadiums, fighting or retaliating with chants.... it really feels pot calling kettle here. All fans have a bad minority. Thats why I show support with buying merchandise instead of going to games now. Always there will be a bad minority in any teams fans.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2016 10:39:19 am by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2375: Jun 11, 2016 10:41:31 am
      I don't support England more than Liverpool. Liverpool winning Europa League would have probably been bigger than England winning Euro to me. It is probably 55% Liverpool 45% England if I had to put numbers on it. 

I'd rather Liverpool won a pre season friendly than England win the Euro's

100%-0%
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2376: Jun 11, 2016 10:49:49 am
      My love of the English national team has definitely dwindled over the years. I used to get really excited for these tournaments but it's hard to when the players don't seem arsed when they get onto the pitch and every manager we've had in the past 15 years sets us up to not lose rather than go for the juggler and do our best to win.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2377: Jun 11, 2016 10:50:09 am
      BBC reported what one of their journalists said with little evidence. I would not be suprised if he has a bias against England. Some reports coming out now that English fans didn't start it and were targetted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636499/England-fans-AMBUSHED-Marseille-Dramatic-video-shows-moment-local-thugs-hellbent-sparking-clashes-attacked-supporters-second-night-violence.html
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2378: Jun 11, 2016 10:58:53 am
      BBC reported what one of their journalists said with little evidence. I would not be suprised if he has a bias against England. Some reports coming out now that English fans didn't start it and were targetted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636499/England-fans-AMBUSHED-Marseille-Dramatic-video-shows-moment-local-thugs-hellbent-sparking-clashes-attacked-supporters-second-night-violence.html

They mentioned on the news yesterday that a group of French fans approached England fans and shortly after all hell broke loose. They didn't elaborate on that but instead chose to carry on going on about the England fans attacking police.

I do think it's ironic that the media refused to mention the attack by French fans. All involved are a disgrace though, there's no excuse for it. The restaurant/pub owners are going to have to replace all the sh*t that everybody involved smashed up.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2379: Jun 11, 2016 11:06:05 am

100%-0%
      thats very well, but you fail to show your location. Glasgow maybe? That a side... I 100% support Liverpool at a club level and 100% England at a national level. I was merely responding to crap suggestions I cared more about England. Thats like people camparing Mario brothers to a bowl of Kellogs cornflakes.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2380: Jun 11, 2016 11:16:03 am
      Lets regain control of our Boarders again, That way the French could round up all the rioters and deport them back to England and never again let them into France  :f_tongueincheek:
      Truthfully... They should have rounded them up and held them till after the Euros... They would have thought twice bout doing it again
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #2381: Jun 11, 2016 11:17:34 am

100%-0%

To be fair, all that shows is you don't support England.  ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2382: Jun 11, 2016 11:26:37 am
      Lets regain control of our Boarders again, That way the French could round up all the rioters and deport them back to England and never again let them into France  :f_tongueincheek:
      Truthfully... They should have rounded them up and held them till after the Euros... They would have thought twice bout doing it again
      England fans get attacked by having chairs thrown at them, England fans defend eachother, England fans gassed, A few England fans throw bottles, English fans blamed. See what I did there? Just like the media I left out the part the French locals and Russian fans played in it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #2383: Jun 11, 2016 01:04:33 pm
      I don't support England more than Liverpool. Liverpool winning Europa League would have probably been bigger than England winning Euro to me. It is probably 55% Liverpool 45% England if I had to put numbers on it. That does not mean it is right to think all England fans are as some describes ***** or ****..... won't repeat the vile as it shows us in ban light. It was a minority of England fans throwing bottles according to more accuate reports. Some reports say Russian fans started it and we retaliated. Also french people threw English over a bridge. Why only England fans get blamed for this in the  main media? A large number of fans were tear gassed but the majority that were gassed did nothing. Imagine having a pint and a chap two tables away was being a tool...and you including everone else were tear gassed and labled thugs? How fair is that? Those England fans making chants I won't repeat need charging under national security laws. I won't defend the bad ones but it is really just much less than 1% of fans. I didn't see calls to ban our fans from Europa league on here when they threw bottles at other team busses, set flares off in stadiums, fighting or retaliating with chants.... it really feels pot calling kettle here. All fans have a bad minority. Thats why I show support with buying merchandise instead of going to games now. Always there will be a bad minority in any teams fans.

All you had to do was stop at the bit in bold.

That answers it for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2384: Jun 11, 2016 01:15:49 pm
      All you had to do was stop at the bit in bold.

That answers it for me.
      Do you support Northern Ireland at all?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2385: Jun 11, 2016 01:23:10 pm
      I support Liverpool, I honestly don't care about international football.. I'll watch it but it doesn't register at all if England

Been like that since they booed Barnes at Wembley

F**k em
      Yet you are not English so why would you support England anyway?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2386: Jun 11, 2016 01:24:04 pm
      thats very well, but you fail to show your location. Glasgow maybe? That a side... I 100% support Liverpool at a club level and 100% England at a national level. I was merely responding to crap suggestions I cared more about England. Thats like people camparing Mario brothers to a bowl of Kellogs cornflakes.

Liverpool mate.. You?

To be fair, all that shows is you don't support England.  ;)

I support Liverpool mate, honestly I don't care about international football, I'll watch it but it doesn't register if England lose

Been like that since they booed Barnes at Wembley

Yet you are not English so why would you support England anyway?

From Liverpool mate, last time I checked it was in England

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #2387: Jun 11, 2016 01:27:13 pm
      Do you support Northern Ireland at all?

Nope.

Like to see them and Republic of Ireland doing well and delighted both have made it into Euro 2016.

Only one team for me regardless if it's club or country and that's Liverpool FC.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2388: Jun 11, 2016 01:59:58 pm
      England fans get attacked by having chairs thrown at them, England fans defend eachother, England fans gassed, A few England fans throw bottles, English fans blamed. See what I did there? Just like the media I left out the part the French locals and Russian fans played in it.
      And what about the chanting and baiting of the French and the police? was that the Russians or the BBC?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #2389: Jun 11, 2016 02:12:16 pm
      Have to admit that even though I follow international football it has always been solely too watch  the Liverpool players play.
      I would like the national team to do well but like Kopite78 says 'if we lose it doesn't register with me either' I'm a Liverpool supporter first & foremost
      And my eyes will always be on the Liverpool players & how well they play  in these tournaments......,and secondly any fit ladies the cameras may pick up in the crowds  :f_tongueincheek:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2390: Jun 11, 2016 05:03:47 pm
      English supporters getting a right old hiding from the Russians in what some are claiming was a pre meditated attack...

Politics finding its way into football....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2391: Jun 11, 2016 05:07:35 pm
      English supporters getting a right old hiding from the Russians in what some are claiming was a pre meditated attack...

Politics finding its way into football....

not really gobshites seeking gobshites and finding each other

Quick Reply