Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Concerts

Read 192717 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #690: Oct 15, 2012 05:36:58 pm
      Pulp are coming to Brazil next month! Wow!!

Sadly they're only playing in São Paulo, but I gotta go there and watch them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #691: Oct 16, 2012 09:18:45 pm
      Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Sepultura and Iron Maiden confirmed for Rock in Rio 2013. Delighted ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #692: Nov 16, 2012 07:11:41 pm
      Off to see S.L.F. in a wee while... support - Spear Of Destiny (another blast from the past and much underrated)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #693: Mar 14, 2013 05:26:17 pm
      'Eels' at the Limelight Belfast tonight... Novocaine for the soul.   ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #694: Apr 03, 2013 05:22:39 pm
      Just found out that one of my all time favourites are playing in Dublin on my birthday.

Sigur Ros.

I have to find the money somehow to go to this one.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #695: Apr 03, 2013 05:28:13 pm
      Got tickets to go see Atoms for Peace at the Hollywood bowl and also at the Santa Barbara bowl.
      Awesome.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #696: Apr 03, 2013 05:30:07 pm
      After more searching online also seen Gaslight are playing Dublin as well in June.

Going to be expensive month this one for me it appears.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #697: Apr 04, 2013 05:16:11 pm
      Just got tickets for Rock in Rio in September.

Here are the lineups for all the days of the festival: http://www.rockinrio.ingresso.com.br/hotsite/inc/lineup.asp

I got tickets for days 19 and 21. The main attractions for each day are:

19/Sep
      Metallica
      Alice in Chains
      Sepultura

21/Sep
      Bruce Springsteen
      John Mayer

I'm most anxious about Bruce Springsteen.
      I love Metallica but I have already watched them 2 years ago in this same festival. Same goes for Sepultura. As for Alice in Chains, I hear they're still great live with their new vocalist but it can't be the same without Laney.

What about John Mayer? I'm not a big fan of what I've listened of him so far, but I'm willing to give him a chance till September.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #698: Apr 08, 2013 04:04:45 pm
      Just found out that one of my all time favourites are playing in Dublin on my birthday.

Sigur Ros.

After more searching online also seen Gaslight are playing Dublin as well in June.

Going to be expensive month this one for me it appears.

Add The National playing Belfast in November to this list as well.

Going to be broke this month but going to all three if I can get the tickets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #699: Apr 09, 2013 02:27:28 pm
      One down. Two to go.

For any Irish reds looking to go to The National gigs in either Belfast or Dublin the presale is on until Thursday evening. Just link through the band's website.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #700: Apr 10, 2013 10:41:15 am
      All booked now.

Gaslight Anthem, The National and Sigur Ros all in the one year.

Can't wait now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #701: Apr 10, 2013 01:30:31 pm

Sigur Ros.

Enjoy, love them myself, great band.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #702: May 03, 2013 11:25:44 am
      My good lady has won us a trip to see The Specials at the Olympia, Dublin, on Monday night - including a stay at The Morgan Hotel with grub thrown in. Sweet.  8)

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #703: May 03, 2013 03:30:29 pm
      My good lady has won us a trip to see The Specials at the Olympia, Dublin, on Monday night - including a stay at The Morgan Hotel with grub thrown in. Sweet.  8)

And are you going with your good lady? :)
      I would love to see The Specials someday!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #704: May 03, 2013 07:57:28 pm
      Forgot to say, I'm gonna watch Paul McCartney for the 4th time tomorrow! I wasn't going, but a friend of mine ended up with a spare ticket. I had no money for it but with a ticket in my hand I had to find a way to go. Luckily I had some points accumulated in my credit card, which I used to book my flight to Belo Horizonte so I will see my favorite Beatle once more.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #705: May 04, 2013 12:03:13 pm
      And are you going with your good lady?
      Yes, Diego, that's what I meant when I 'said' "us".  ;D

I would love to see The Specials someday!

The Specials are, in my opinion, a box every music fan must tick and you are deffo a music fan. I understand that it might be too difficult for you due to geography but there's always hope. I never thought I'd see the Pixies but have ended up seeing them twice now. Fingers crossed for you buddy.

What about John Mayer? I'm not a big fan of what I've listened of him so far, but I'm willing to give him a chance till September.

I know what you are saying mate but I caught him (more by accident than design at Glasto' '08) and was pleasantly surprised. Not my cup of tea but right time right place... and who knows.  8)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #706: May 04, 2013 05:11:30 pm

Enjoy Mouse.

Let me know what the Olympia is like as a venue as we are off there in June to see Gaslight Anthem and I've never been before.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #707: May 04, 2013 05:17:17 pm
      Bruno Mars anyone?

Got tickets for Manchester, and now the Echo too.

Just love his music.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #708: May 04, 2013 05:20:01 pm
      Bruno Mars anyone?

Got tickets for Manchester, and now the Echo too.

Just love his music.

Not my cup of tea mate.

I wouldn't even go once if it was free never mind paying to see him twice :D

Enjoy all the same though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #709: May 05, 2013 10:05:36 am
      Let me know what the Olympia is like as a venue as we are off there in June to see Gaslight Anthem and I've never been before.
      No baw Si; I've lost count to how many good gigs I've been at there so I can tell you now. (Although this will be my first in the swanky seats  ;D)

It is what it says on the tin - a theatre. I reckon it holds about 11 to 12 hundred for a gig (seating removed) - think Mandela Hall crossed with the Opera House. A nice, intimate, venue - put it like this you'll have no bother either seeing or hearing the band... even the floor slopes upwards, back from the stage.

If you are that way inclined (and you are standing) get there early and you'll usually get a wristband which entitles you to get right up close and personal in a, sort of, small 'mosh-pit'. You can come and go as you please then.

Normally I'm not one to be early ('cause of the standing around bit) but The Olympia has a couple of half decent Bars, inside, to pint away in, whilst you wait - one of them 'Maureen's' is run by an aul doll (I reckon she's near a hundred) and is steeped in the recent history of the place. You might even get a chance to meet the lads from Gaslight in there as it seems to be the done thing that acts pop in for a swifty before the gig.

All in all the venue is cracking; full of atmos' and hard not to like. I always enjoy myself there and I know you will too.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #710: May 05, 2013 10:19:31 am

He's a very talented man in his own right (liked that 'F**k You' song) but not for me Pups. I do know that my wee niece, nearly all her class-mates and their mums have all bought tickets to see him in Belfast in October. I'm sure it'll be sold out and they (you) will have a great night.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2013 10:30:20 am by bad boy bubby »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #711: May 05, 2013 10:47:16 am
      No baw Si; I've lost count to how many good gigs I've been at there so I can tell you now. (Although this will be my first in the swanky seats  ;D)

It is what it says on the tin - a theatre. I reckon it holds about 11 to 12 hundred for a gig (seating removed) - think Mandela Hall crossed with the Opera House. A nice, intimate, venue - put it like this you'll have no bother either seeing or hearing the band... even the floor slopes upwards, back from the stage.

If you are that way inclined (and you are standing) get there early and you'll usually get a wristband which entitles you to get right up close and personal in a, sort of, small 'mosh-pit'. You can come and go as you please then.

Normally I'm not one to be early ('cause of the standing around bit) but The Olympia has a couple of half decent Bars, inside, to pint away in, whilst you wait - one of them 'Maureen's' is run by an aul doll (I reckon she's near a hundred) and is steeped in the recent history of the place. You might even get a chance to meet the lads from Gaslight in there as it seems to be the done thing that acts pop in for a swifty before the gig.

All in all the venue is cracking; full of atmos' and hard not to like. I always enjoy myself there and I know you will too.

Sounds like my kind of place. Much prefer the smaller venues like this as your tend to get a better atmosphere or at least a different one to the big arenas.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #712: May 09, 2013 04:01:28 pm
      Enjoy Mouse.

Saw GA at Glastonbury in 2011, never really heard much of them before but really enjoyed their set. Let us know what there new material is like, reckon it will be awesome in an indoor arena, enjoy.

Quick Reply