Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Concerts

Read 192386 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #736: Jun 19, 2013 09:13:38 am
      Just come back from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band from Hampden Park tonight.

Seriously - one of the most epic and mos memorable nights of my entire life. And they played the E Street Shuffle as well!!! It was simply mind blowing! You could genuinely take someone who is not interested in music or a Springsteen fan and even they would have enjoyed it. Incredible!

I'd say it was unreal!! Was so hard to get tickets for him here, even tho he's doing a nice few gigs, all sold out in no time.

I think "Death to My Hometown" is one of his best songs from the last albums!

Love that one myself too. Bought his last 3 albums, which is kinda rare for people my age these days, but they're all worth it. The Promise is probably my favourite album, even tho it's all B-sides and non-released singles. His new stuff is pretty class like. So good for someone who has been around for a while, it's class that he can keep the standard high.

Get your head checked! :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #737: Jun 19, 2013 11:23:52 am
      Saw Bruce on Saturday at Wem-ber-ley! It was my first time seeing him live and he had me ranging from dancing around like a loony to crying. Don't think many bands/artists can have the sort of effect on you. He also sang the whole of the Darkness on the Edge of Town album which was magical, and a rarity as I understand. He and his whole band are amazing, don't have enough superlatives to describe them.

He's back down in London in a few weeks time, might try and go again. :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #738: Jun 19, 2013 06:26:49 pm
      Saw Bruce on Saturday at Wem-ber-ley! It was my first time seeing him live and he had me ranging from dancing around like a loony to crying. Don't think many bands/artists can have the sort of effect on you. He also sang the whole of the Darkness on the Edge of Town album which was magical, and a rarity as I understand. He and his whole band are amazing, don't have enough superlatives to describe them.

He's back down in London in a few weeks time, might try and go again. :D

It's incredible. I was saying to a friend that it seemed as if they were all performing as though it was the last time they were ever going to be on stage. Unbelievable!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #739: Jun 25, 2013 07:57:39 am
      Off to Glasto tonight. No sleep 'til next Monday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #740: Jun 25, 2013 11:20:56 am

Enjoy mate!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #741: Jun 25, 2013 12:06:08 pm

Thanks Si... I'll certainly try.  ;D

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #742: Jun 25, 2013 02:17:11 pm

I've always wanted to go to a festival like that. What are the best bands this year? Enjoy!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #743: Jun 25, 2013 04:00:28 pm
      What are the best bands this year?
      To be honest Diego Glastonbury isn't really about the line-up and I very rarely hit the big stages - that said; it's probably the worst line-up (in terms of big-name acts) I've witnessed.

I'll, maybe, take in the Rolling Stones; Alabama Shakes; Palma Violets; Elvis Costello; The Vaccines; The Hives; PiL; Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and The Smashing Pumpkins... but then again I may not.

It's hard to explain but Glastonbury Festival so much more than music.  ;D

Here's the line-up... what do you reckon? http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #744: Jun 25, 2013 04:18:27 pm
      Enjoy Bub! Should be good, I'd love to try take it in sometime if I get the time/can convince people to head over with me!

Very good line up over all there by the looks of it, personally my favourite line up is probably the Pyramid stage Friday, maybe the Other Stage on the Saturday. That's just at a quick glance tho. I didn't reliase that some acts are doing more than 1 set either. There's a lot in there I'd like to see, and some again.

Let me know if you like The Vaccines live please?!! :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #745: Jun 25, 2013 04:31:16 pm
      Don't know how it works really, it seems multiple concerts happen at the same time? It must be a huge area then!

Can't say I'm overly impressed with the main names of the lineup, and most of the smaller bands I've never even heard of, but there's some good stuff there! To be honest I never knew Glastonbury was that big - so many stages! Rock in Rio is nothing compared to it.

I've already watched the Smashing Pumpkins and quite liked them live, even though they're not the same band anymore. I would like the chance of seeing Elvis Costello too, and Nick Cave, though I don't know too much of his stuff. Rufus Wainwright is pretty good too.

I guess it's not your cup of tea but I love the Arctic Monkeys so I would definitely see them as well. I remember watching them play at Glansto on tv a few years ago and thought they were pretty good.

I saw the Rolling Stones at the Copacabana Beach years ago, along with millions of people. They might be decadent and all that, but they're still one of those bands I wouldn't say no to if I had the chance. That said though, Public Enemy play in the same night in a different stage! Awesome.

It must be hard to decide what to watch with so many options :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #746: Jun 25, 2013 04:52:17 pm
      I guess it's not your cup of tea but I love the Arctic Monkeys so I would definitely see them as well.
      I've seen them a dozen or so times mate.  I may or may not take them in again. ;D
      Don't know how it works really, it seems multiple concerts happen at the same time? It must be a huge area then!

It's over 1100 acres Diego; all self contained - you just dander about from stage to stage as is your want.

It can be heavy going because (if you want) it's banging 24/7 for five days.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #747: Jun 25, 2013 06:11:08 pm

Wow mate I'd love to go even though I'd be hidden away from the main arena's.  Not really my type of music but it's one of those 'events' that's just got to be done at some stage in your life.

Have a great time and do everything you really know you shouldn't  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #748: Jun 25, 2013 06:32:50 pm
      I've seen them a dozen or so times mate.  I may or may not take them in again. ;D
      It's over 1100 acres Diego; all self contained - you just dander about from stage to stage as is your want.

It can be heavy going because (if you want) it's banging 24/7 for five days.

Sounds like fun anyway! How do you stay there though? Book a hotel nearby or camp somewhere?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #750: Jun 25, 2013 08:01:24 pm
      Tried and failed to get tickets. Gutted!

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #751: Jun 25, 2013 08:30:38 pm
      Also known for it's flags, this one appeared a few years ago

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #752: Jun 26, 2013 10:51:58 am
      Will look up a few gigs now.

Soundgarden would be epic.

Any luck?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #753: Jun 27, 2013 03:53:24 pm
      Have you seen his FB?
      I'm sure he's delighted to be going.

I await photo updates with dodgy shirts and bows in his hair.

Again.

Got the job of organising a stag now.
      :D
      Decisions decisions.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #754: Jun 28, 2013 11:36:38 pm
      Arctic Monkeys looking and sounding boss tonight. very accomplished band now. Perfect mix of light and shade.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #755: Jun 28, 2013 11:37:52 pm
      Arctic Monkeys looking and sounding boss tonight. very accomplished band now. Perfect mix of light and shade.

Great set so far.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #756: Jun 28, 2013 11:39:06 pm

Yep. Play Liverpool Echo in October. Should be a good night.

Glasto of what I've seen so far though has been fairly average overall. Watched Vaccines earlier and they would be great live  if it wasn't for the fact Justin Young can't hold a note.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #757: Jun 29, 2013 09:28:13 am
      Glasto of what I've seen so far though has been fairly average overall. Watched Vaccines earlier and they would be great live  if it wasn't for the fact Justin Young can't hold a note.

I don't mean this to sound patronising because you may have been to countless festivals but I think it's impossible to judge a festival by tv coverage. I've been to loads of great festivals or concerts then watched the footage back and thought they looked sh*t, you just can't replicate being there in that atmosphere.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #758: Jun 29, 2013 12:07:28 pm
      I don't mean this to sound patronising because you may have been to countless festivals but I think it's impossible to judge a festival by tv coverage. I've been to loads of great festivals or concerts then watched the footage back and thought they looked sh*t, you just can't replicate being there in that atmosphere.

Fully agree Rep even though I do like to watch the TV coverage.

It is totally different to being at a live open air concert or festival.

Quick Reply