Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Concerts

Read 192320 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #759: Jun 29, 2013 12:12:24 pm
      I meant to quote res there.
      Seem to have quoted myself.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #760: Jun 29, 2013 01:58:29 pm
      I don't mean this to sound patronising because you may have been to countless festivals but I think it's impossible to judge a festival by tv coverage. I've been to loads of great festivals or concerts then watched the footage back and thought they looked sh*t, you just can't replicate being there in that atmosphere.

Yes definitely true. Just spoke to a few mates who have gone and they said its the best yet, but then again they said that in 11 as well. Probably just higher this year.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #761: Jun 29, 2013 02:41:38 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #762: Jun 29, 2013 04:09:21 pm
      Tickets for Blur in Brazil will start to be sold in July 22th. I can't forget that date. I must watch them.

Beck and Palma Violets are playing the same festival. I love Beck too but never heard of the other band. Anyone like them?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #763: Jul 04, 2013 03:51:41 pm

€60.00 for a ticket is not for me at the moment.
      Will have to hope tickets don't sell out any time soon.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #764: Jul 10, 2013 02:49:04 pm
      Looking forward to these & The Vaccines on Sunday. Ben Howard & Mumford & Sons are also there.

Has anyone seen Mumford & Sons live? Do they put on a show like? I like them, but I'm not like this big fan of them as many are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsNlk3slMIU

EDIT: It's a good version of Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros, but the video won't embed?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #765: Jul 10, 2013 03:10:23 pm
      Has anyone seen Mumford & Sons live? Do they put on a show like?

Haven't seen them and don't like them but, for what it's worth, I hear that their record sales went up by something like 700% after Glasto because they put in such a good set so they're probably worth catching if you're even slightly interested.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #766: Jul 11, 2013 11:02:22 am
      Has anyone seen Mumford & Sons live?
      I'd rather rip my F***ing ears off with a blunt spoon than listen to or watch that sh*te again... that is all... as you were.  :angel:

for what it's worth, I hear that their record sales went up by something like 700% after Glasto because they put in such a good set

To be honest Rep I heard a lot different - not only directly from people I knew were (fans of theirs) there but my son was reading some of the live twitter comments (from folk at the gig) out to me in real-time. They all seem to agree that not only did they suck sh*te they sucked it to a whole new level.

All down to taste I suppose. Thank F**k I have some.  ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2013 11:21:22 am by bad boy bubby »

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #767: Jul 11, 2013 11:12:12 am
      Haven't seen them and don't like them but, for what it's worth, I hear that their record sales went up by something like 700% after Glasto because they put in such a good set so they're probably worth catching if you're even slightly interested.

I'm slightly interested to be honest, but that's about it. Like I'd like a few of their songs and really, that evening the crowd is gonna be up for them in terms of singalong-ability etc.

No harm to go see them, seeing as I have the ticket anyways and they are the main event, and then see what I think of them.

I'd rather rip my F***ing ears off with a blunt spoon than listen to or watch that sh*te again... that is all... as you were.  :angel:

:lmao:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #768: Jul 11, 2013 12:07:00 pm
      They all seem to agree that not only did they suck sh*te they sucked it to a whole new level.

Ah you see, that's what I get for briefly listening to Radio 1, extreme bias towards the producer's favourite bands and misinformation. Back to 5 I go!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #769: Jul 11, 2013 05:30:10 pm
      Anyone ever heard of an Italian hardcore band called Strength Approach?

They're friends with my girlfriend's brother (who also has two bands, Confronto and Norte Cartel).

Norte Cartel and Strength Approach are playing tonight here in Rio and I'm gonna see them.

The Italians are also staying at my girlfriend's house (she left her apartment for a couple of days for them to use it) and earlier this morning I helped them around, took them to the studio where they'll practice before the show and everything. Really nice guys, all vegetarians like me, one of them straight edge. My girlfriend lives in front of the Flamengo beach, a wonderful view from her window, the Italians loved it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #770: Jul 20, 2013 09:15:23 am
      Happy Mondays played a free gig in Warrington last night. Won tickets after missing out on day of sale.

They were brilliant.

Put on a great show, got to love Shaun, Rowetta and of course Bez.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #771: Jul 30, 2013 04:29:22 pm
      Whilst in Ibiza, there was quite a few of us there, with different musical tastes. Got a good few gigs in, but missed out on a few too through various reasons.

Can't remember Calvin Harris, I'm told he was class tho.
      Burns was good, from what I remember & Paul van Dyk I can't either.
      Dirty South was pretty good.

DJ Wire was brilliant, played a vast collection of classics  & genres.
      Example was brilliant also. His style suited the crowd there perfectly.

Afrojack was very good too, even tho we missed half his gig.
      Avicii bordered between sh*te and ok.

Missed out on 2ManyDJs amongst others cos we bought fake tickets.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #772: Jul 30, 2013 05:30:29 pm
      Just got tickets to watch Blur in São Paulo in November :) Beck and Palma Violets are playing in the same 'festival' too.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #773: Aug 18, 2013 12:06:42 pm

sh*t I never realised Glastonbury was so massive. 4 days is crazy, Example, Smashing Pumpkins, The Stones, Chase and Status, and a few others would be sick.
      How does it work in terms of sleeping? Do people go to hotels nearby or camp there? And is it the same time every year? If so, I might consider it next year if I head back to the motherland
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #774: Aug 19, 2013 05:38:38 pm
      How does it work in terms of sleeping? Do people go to hotels nearby or camp there? And is it the same time every year? If so, I might consider it next year if I head back to the motherland

You camp 'on site' fletch... all the info you'll need is on here:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #775: Aug 20, 2013 01:00:04 am
      You camp 'on site' fletch... all the info you'll need is on here:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

That sounds awesome, definitely will consider doing it when I go back over to England
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #776: Aug 20, 2013 08:45:07 am
      That sounds awesome, definitely will consider doing it when I go back over to England

My lad went every year for about 10 years, sometimes they'd go down in his mate's van and take loads of scran down there and turn over a few squid.
      Hasn't been for the last two years tho', he says the finances of it all have gone through the roof, the enhanced security now means they have to pay to get in whereas before they bunked n every year without fail.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #777: Aug 20, 2013 12:28:57 pm
      My lad went every year for about 10 years, sometimes they'd go down in his mate's van and take loads of scran down there and turn over a few squid.
      Hasn't been for the last two years tho', he says the finances of it all have gone through the roof, the enhanced security now means they have to pay to get in whereas before they bunked n every year without fail.

Yeah it's changed so much in the last 10 years, £200 notes now but still worth it. The size of the site is insane and it's hard to believe that the fence is no longer breachable. We thought about buying a 2nd hand ambulance and roaring through the main gate, blue light blazing  ;D

If you struggle to get a ticket there is literally thousands of work opportunities there, all be it some much better and less hours than others, don't recommend anything to do with sanitation though!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #778: Sep 15, 2013 10:44:33 pm
      Just got back from the border of France and Luxembourg having been in the company of Suggs and co for 90mins.
      Absolutely brilliant for a 50+ geriatric like me, went with a load of school teachers on the eve of starting back at work tommorrow !
      Oh the memories ! started with One Step Beyond and ended with Night boat to Cairo !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #779: Sep 15, 2013 10:47:19 pm
      In Liverpool Thursday for Liam Fray who's doing an accoustic set at the Academy
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #780: Sep 16, 2013 02:21:43 am
      Rock in Rio started this Friday, with Beyoncé closing the first night. On Saturday, Muse closed the night and I must admit that, even though I'm not fan of theirs, they do sound pretty good live. Tonight's main attraction are Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake.

I'm going in two days of the festival. On Thursday, I'll be watching Alice in Chains and Metallica. And then on the next Saturday, Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band!

The complete lineups are here: http://rockinrio.com/rio/line-up/
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #781: Sep 16, 2013 05:39:57 am
      Taking Sharron the missus/her with the long hair to see Rod Stewart tomorrow night at the Echo Arena Liverpool,it's a Birthday treat for her,it was gonna be a suprise but I had to tell her! just in case she was on a late shift....birthday was back in August ah' well!.

Quick Reply