Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Concerts

Read 192361 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #851: Mar 03, 2014 10:21:29 pm
      Off to see the Aussie pink floyd show on sat with three very good friends , seen them before so i know how good they are if you shut your eyes you would never know the difference should be a great day and night .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #852: Apr 27, 2014 10:52:03 am
      We scored a couple of tickets for Glastonbury in the re-sale this morning... well chuffed. Will have to shift my tickets for Pixies/Arcade fire at Marlay Park that weekend but I can live with that (they're playing Glasto anyhow).
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #853: May 10, 2014 10:58:01 am
      It's The Selecter in Belfast tonight for me.

The Selecter "Everyday (Time Hard)"
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #854: May 14, 2014 02:35:21 pm
      For any of the house enthusiasts, MK is playing in Galway at the end of next month. It's gonna be ridiculous. Just praying I can get tickets now, cos the venue is a small nightclub.

Was the track of Ibiza last summer.

Jeez I haven't posted in a good while. Went to this, took a few days off work for it, just to go on a real session! Was an unreal night. Had a brief chat with him too!

Kasabian are here on Sunday. A handful of spares are knocking around, it's sold out, but can't get anybody to go with me. Saw them a few years ago at Oxegen. they were great, would love to see them properly tho, like in this sort of setting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #855: May 20, 2014 02:08:30 am
      We scored a couple of tickets for Glastonbury in the re-sale this morning... well chuffed. Will have to shift my tickets for Pixies/Arcade fire at Marlay Park that weekend but I can live with that (they're playing Glasto anyhow).

Great stuff. Have you seen AF live before? Brilliant act. Saw them on their excellent The Suburbs tour at Edinburgh Castle - phenomenal music for a great setting. Their latest album however left me deeply underwhelmed.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #856: May 20, 2014 07:58:14 am
      Great stuff. Have you seen AF live before?
      I have indeed FMS... first time, many moons ago [2005] at Electric Picnic Festival, in Ireland, when they preformed a stonking set then went on to hit the big-time off the back of it. Great live act. Agree on last album.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #857: May 26, 2014 01:02:56 am
      Saw the Meat Puppets last Saturday night. Kris and Kurt are just f**king brilliant. They are creativity personified.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #858: Jun 11, 2014 11:25:02 am
      I have two tickets going (face value) for Pixies and Arcade Fire at Marlay Park, Dublin, 29 June if anyone's interested.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #859: Jul 20, 2014 12:06:53 am
      My summer concert series has been and will be:
      Elbow (amazing)
      London Grammar (not a great stage presence but great tunes)
      Paolo Nutini (looking forward to)
      Massive Attack (finally get to see them)
      Broken Bells

All I have left on my list that I really want to see after all the years are;
      Underworld
      Richard Hawley
      Jose Gonzalez or Junip
      Daft Punk

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #860: Jul 20, 2014 12:30:18 am
      My summer concert series has been and will be:
      Elbow (amazing)
      London Grammar (not a great stage presence but great tunes)
      Paolo Nutini (looking forward to)
      Massive Attack (finally get to see them)
      Broken Bells

All I have left on my list that I really want to see after all the years are;
      Underworld
      Richard Hawley
      Jose Gonzalez or Junip
      Daft Punk

I like Elbow as a band to listen to now and again Lester but watching them on Glasto coverage almost every year has put me off a bit of going to see them live as they seem a bit boring. Interesting to hear your thoughts on why you thought they were amazing.

My missus is going to see Nutini later this year in Belfast but I'm swerving it as I'm not that fussed. Some good songs but I'm not sure I could take a few hours of it.

Kasabian is hopefully next for me at the end of the year in Belfast. Great live band.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #861: Jul 20, 2014 12:35:19 am
      I like Elbow as a band to listen to now and again Lester but watching them on Glasto coverage almost every year has put me off a bit of going to see them live as they seem a bit boring. Interesting to hear your thoughts on why you thought they were amazing.

My missus is going to see Nutini later this year in Belfast but I'm swerving it as I'm not that fussed. Some good songs but I'm not sure I could take a few hours of it.

Kasabian is hopefully next for me at the end of the year in Belfast. Great live band.

We saw Elbow at a small venue in LA...The Wiltern.
      Was great because it was intimate and the band interacted alot with the crowd.
      Played for ages and it was their last show of their tour.

Paulo will be great because he has a fantastic voice and the range of songs is huge...especially the newer stuff...plus the wife will love it!

Never been a fan of Kasabian.....fall into that bracket of british bands that seem all the same to me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #862: Jul 20, 2014 12:41:37 am
      We saw Elbow at a small venue in LA...The Wiltern.
      Was great because it was intimate and the band interacted alot with the crowd.
      Played for ages and it was their last show of their tour.

Paulo will be great because he has a fantastic voice and the range of songs is huge...especially the newer stuff...plus the wife will love it!

Never been a fan of Kasabian.....fall into that bracket of british bands that seem all the same to me.

I've seen Kasabian twice now and each time they were excellent.

Elbow do seem a band suited to a small intimate venue.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #863: Jul 20, 2014 12:42:59 am
      Next time they come to town i will go along.
      Thanks for the strong recommend!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #864: Aug 25, 2014 07:22:21 am
      After a few quiet month got a few coming up now, Ryan Adams, Peter Hook & The Light, Inspiral Carpets and Interpol at start of next year.

Massive RA fan and only seen him once before, Hooky is currently doing Joy Division and early New Order stuff, missed The Inspiral's touring back in the day and think it'll be my 6th or 7th time seeing Interpol.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #865: Aug 29, 2014 10:49:19 am
      Scored tickets, last night, for 'New Found Glory' gig, on Halloween night, in.... Vegas baby. Oh yes.  ;D

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #866: Aug 29, 2014 11:24:32 am
      Scored tickets, last night, for 'New Found Glory' gig, on Halloween night, in.... Vegas baby. Oh yes.  ;D

Vegas be nice! You going for long?

Went to a few gigs in Ibiza earlier in the month. One surprisingly good one was Miles Kane. He was playing in the hotel I was staying in, so it was a free gig and no harm to go see him. Impressed me more than when he played in Marlay Park. he has some great stage presence for a one-man-band.

Saw Duke Dumont, Burns, Calvin Harris, Example, Judge Jules also. Didn't make it out for Dsiclosure, got sent home early!  :-\
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #867: Aug 29, 2014 11:39:46 am
      Six days ickle dude. Bringing the son for his 21st. Rather than just do the usual Vegas shows I always take in a 'proper' gig or two.

Last year (apart from Jimmy Eat World) we also got to see Tiësto, Hardwell, Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris (who I'm almost certain has a residency) at the Hakkasan club in the MGM mate. Not my cup of tea normally but with free tickets I didn't refuse. It would have been better with a couple of yokes in me but there you go.  ;D

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #868: Aug 29, 2014 12:53:20 pm
      Six days ickle dude. Bringing the son for his 21st. Rather than just do the usual Vegas shows I always take in a 'proper' gig or two.

Last year (apart from Jimmy Eat World) we also got to see Tiësto, Hardwell, Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris (who I'm almost certain has a residency) at the Hakkasan club in the MGM mate. Not my cup of tea normally but with free tickets I didn't refuse. It would have been better with a couple of yokes in me but there you go.  ;D

haha! yes indeed! few of them & Breach a few months back was one of the best nights I've ever had!
      Yeah pretty sure Calvin has a residency there. He made ridiculous money last year too, something like $40m  :o

That sure will be some way to celebrate a 21st, nice one!  :gt-happyup:

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #869: Sep 13, 2014 12:45:39 am
      Off to see Massive Attack, Cut Chemist & DJ Shadow and Paolo Nuntini this month.
      Should be some great shows.
      If you haven't yet seen it, i recommend watching the video for Paolo's song 'Iron Sky.' It's great.

https://vimeo.com/102826203
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #870: Sep 13, 2014 01:29:44 am
      Off to see Massive Attack, Cut Chemist & DJ Shadow and Paolo Nuntini this month.
      Should be some great shows.
      If you haven't yet seen it, i recommend watching the video for Paolo's song 'Iron Sky.' It's great.

https://vimeo.com/102826203

Great shout for Iron Sky. Fantastic song.

Red Hot Chili peppers Live at Slane Castle Full Concert
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #871: Oct 11, 2014 05:47:12 pm
      Do not know if I have posted this in the right thread, but saw a great show in Rhyl last night, with my mates, which included The Temptations, Sheila Ferguson, The New Stylistics with Russell Thompson jnr, Billy Paul, Kim Weston and Denice Williams. We where nearly all dancing in the aisles, loved every minute of it.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #872: Oct 27, 2014 07:24:24 am
      This year I made the trek to England to attend Reading Festival. It has always been a dream of mine to attend major music festival especially in the UK. I had the time of my life - the music was great, the new friends I made at campsite were awesome etc. Such a great experience and I hope to experience it again.

Arctic Monkeys and Queens of the Stone Age were the main ones I wanted to watch and they did not disappoint. Enjoyed Disclosure, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Hives, We Are Scientists, but my greatest discovery at Reading was Royal Blood. These guys put a mean show for a two-piece. Had their album after that and loving what I'm hearing so far.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #873: Nov 15, 2014 06:12:02 pm
      Arctic Monkeys are playing in Rio tonight but I'm not going :( Tickets were sold out too fast and I failed to get one.
      I heard their concert last night in São Paulo wasn't very good though, apparently they seemed a bit half-arsed by the accounts I've heard.

Quick Reply