Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Concerts

Read 192425 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #897: Jun 22, 2015 02:27:01 am
      Off to see Underworld play at the Hollywood Bowl tonight!
      So F***ing excited.
      Been waiting decades to see them perform.
      The only band I have most wanted to see left on my list.
      Fantastic!!!!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #898: Aug 19, 2015 09:39:46 pm
      off to see James tomorrow night...

youtu.be/aWPgJkOdUZU
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #899: Aug 21, 2015 06:03:56 pm

Brilliant gig that was...
      Great groove from the band all night long and yer mans vocal was top notch !
      If you get the chance to see these guys live ...don't turn it down...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #900: Aug 31, 2015 07:45:17 pm
      Saw Foo Fighters the other day. They were outstanding. Great show and Dave Grohl's rock throne is amazing in person haha
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #901: Oct 08, 2015 05:50:21 pm
      Went to see Ben Howard at the Greek theater in Los Angeles last night.
      The place wasn't sold out and the crowd were pretty restless.
      He is a quality musician and song writer but he has to learn to interact to the crowd more and know how to build the atmosphere.
      Perhaps the venue was too big and the sound system too quiet but I still won't be rushing to go and see him again even though he was pretty good.
      Kept thinking how nick mulvey would have been awesome in that venue.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #902: May 07, 2016 10:23:52 am
      Dropped in for a quick whinge - I'm getting trailed, kicking and screaming, by my good lady (I owe her one) to watch E.L. f.n. O. at the point in Dublin tonight. May the Lord have mercy on my soul.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #903: May 07, 2016 12:53:16 pm
      Dropped in for a quick whinge - I'm getting trailed, kicking and screaming, by my good lady (I owe her one) to watch E.L. f.n. O. at the point in Dublin tonight. May the Lord have mercy on my soul.

Don't do it mate.

Pull a sickie.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #904: May 08, 2016 10:33:24 am
      Don't do it mate.

Pull a sickie.

Couldn't Si and the damage has been done. I could appreciate that I was watching a quality act but the fact ELO have never done it for me weighed heavily. Still the place was bouncing and the atmos' great so give em their dues.

The beautiful thing about music is that it is so varied and it takes all sorts... look at thon pure wishy washy pish that is 'Coldplay'... I mean; what the absolute F**k?  Yet folk love them. :laugh:

Brownie points amassed - next week it's  Vegas... all together now... "Mr Blue sky please tell us why..."  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #905: May 11, 2016 08:47:32 am
      Oh... I forgot to mention - while in Vegas - (the day after we win the UEFA Cup) I'm off to see The Cult.  :action-smiley-035:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #906: May 16, 2016 04:51:03 am
      Saw Pearl Jam a month back, still as tight as they've ever been, maybe more so. They played for 3 hours.

Going to see Cornell in a month and taking my 13 year old to see Coldplay in Dallas in August. Haven't seen this many live shows since I was in my twenties.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #907: May 16, 2016 06:16:31 am
      Saw Pearl Jam a month back, still as tight as they've ever been, maybe more so. They played for 3 hours.

Going to see Cornell in a month and taking my 13 year old to see Coldplay in Dallas in August. Haven't seen this many live shows since I was in my twenties.

Never really given Pearl Jam a listen to despite my intentions! Any ideas of where best to start with them?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #908: May 16, 2016 03:06:26 pm
      Never really given Pearl Jam a listen to despite my intentions! Any ideas of where best to start with them?

Well....as a long time fan, I'd always say to start from the beginning (Ten). But I  suppose it depends on your musical tastes. Over the years, their style has evolved, from hard rock to punk to almost alternative pop......

I'd say listen to these  songs and they will  give  you  a good cross section:

Even Flow
      Alive
      Black
      Deep

Daughter
      Better  Man
      In My Tree
      Hail Hail

Immortality
      Off He Goes

Above the  Waves
      The Fixer
      Force of  Nature
      Gone

I  Am Mine
      Greivance
      Light Years
      Just Breath

Future Days
      Sirens

That should keep you busy ;D

Although I find it  hard to believe there's  anyone  that's never really listened to them. Most folks either love them or are indifferent towards them.

To me, they are my all time favorite band and the best  I've heard/seen.
      That being said.....this newest Chris Cornell album (Higher Truth) is  probably my favorite album of all time. I'd give that a listen to. He's amazing live.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #909: May 30, 2016 07:59:18 pm

I've seen Pearl Jam live twice and in both occasions they were absolutely amazing - also played for around 3 hours. Such an incredible band and two unforgettable nights watching them!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #910: Jun 17, 2016 01:39:07 am
      Waiting for Chris Cornell to take the stage, his shows are unbelievable, really stoked.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #911: Jun 17, 2016 01:48:14 am

I'm sure your 13 year old will enjoy Coldplay. Actually went and saw them in Hampden Park in Glasgow last Tuesday and my word they put on a show. To be honest I attended in an extremely reluctant manner. Their last album was utter sh*t (tickets were bought before the album was released!) and I thought I'd be the last person in the world to be singing along to their newer stuff (give me Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head any day!). But I have to say I was completely taken in by the crowd and the band in general and I have to say I was even jumping along to their newer tunes. They were always a better band when they weren't trying to replicate current pop trends (as a couple of their albums show) but despite that they continue to be a band who put on a great live spectacle. A lot of gimmicks - balloons, confetti, fireworks (lots of them) and flashing wrist bands, but that's not to say they aren't an excellent live act. For all the faults that their newer songs have, their older stuff still stands firm. Clocks, Yellow, In My Place, Viva La Vida - stadiums were built for less than those songs. Chris Martin - in his prime, a lovely melodist/songwriter and a reliable, energetic frontman to boot as well. I think you and your daughter will enjoy it!

I hope you enjoy Chris Cornell! Tell us all about it!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #912: Jun 17, 2016 12:32:32 pm
      I'm sure your 13 year old will enjoy Coldplay. Actually went and saw them in Hampden Park in Glasgow last Tuesday and my word they put on a show. To be honest I attended in an extremely reluctant manner. Their last album was utter sh*t (tickets were bought before the album was released!) and I thought I'd be the last person in the world to be singing along to their newer stuff (give me Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head any day!). But I have to say I was completely taken in by the crowd and the band in general and I have to say I was even jumping along to their newer tunes. They were always a better band when they weren't trying to replicate current pop trends (as a couple of their albums show) but despite that they continue to be a band who put on a great live spectacle. A lot of gimmicks - balloons, confetti, fireworks (lots of them) and flashing wrist bands, but that's not to say they aren't an excellent live act. For all the faults that their newer songs have, their older stuff still stands firm. Clocks, Yellow, In My Place, Viva La Vida - stadiums were built for less than those songs. Chris Martin - in his prime, a lovely melodist/songwriter and a reliable, energetic frontman to boot as well. I think you and your daughter will enjoy it!

I hope you enjoy Chris Cornell! Tell us all about it!

Man, what a show!

The thing about this tour he's doing, there is nowhere to hide. It's just him and his guitars (and a buddy that comes on stage to play cello or mandolin occasionally). Guy's voice is just on another level from anyone else I've ever listened to. It's the kind of show where I'm genuinely sad when it's over because I'm never sure when I'll get to see him again. 3rd time and he just gets better every time. Really is my favorite artist right now, bar none.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #913: Jun 17, 2016 01:51:25 pm
      Going to see Rihanna with my daughter next week....your probably all laughing at me  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #914: Jun 17, 2016 01:53:04 pm
      Going to see Rihanna with my daughter next week....your probably all laughing at me  :lmao:

I think it's cool you are going with your daughter.  :ernaehrung004:
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #915: Jun 17, 2016 01:57:17 pm

;D  :action-smiley-035: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #916: Jun 17, 2016 02:21:57 pm
      I think it's cool you are going with your daughter.  :ernaehrung004:

Cheers FL Red, we've seen her before and we both think she's brilliant  8)

See i knew someone would  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #917: Jun 17, 2016 06:45:02 pm
      Man, what a show!

The thing about this tour he's doing, there is nowhere to hide. It's just him and his guitars (and a buddy that comes on stage to play cello or mandolin occasionally). Guy's voice is just on another level from anyone else I've ever listened to. It's the kind of show where I'm genuinely sad when it's over because I'm never sure when I'll get to see him again. 3rd time and he just gets better every time. Really is my favorite artist right now, bar none.

Sounded like a brilliant show. Nothing beats stripped back performances which really show of a singer/songwriters core talents. Only got a couple of Chris Cornell songs on my iPod but I should really get more. His voice is incredible. Very raw and powerful.

Nothing wrong with that! Where is it? A friend of mine is seeing her at Hampden Park (there's been a lot of big names on tour this summer!)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #918: Jun 17, 2016 06:53:57 pm
      Sounded like a brilliant show. Nothing beats stripped back performances which really show of a singer/songwriters core talents. Only got a couple of Chris Cornell songs on my iPod but I should really get more. His voice is incredible. Very raw and powerful.

Highly recommend downloading Higher Truth. Easily my favorite album of all time. If I could only keep one for the rest of my days, that would be it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #919: Jun 17, 2016 09:33:54 pm

Have to agree mate, I went travelling in 2001 and Coldplay were playing in Melbourne, i have never been massively into them, thought they had the odd good song but I was given a ticket and I went (night before a neighbours evening with Karl Kennedy, Toadfish and some other fella - was trying to impress 😁) but I genuinely really enjoyed the show they put on, they were great, they had the place captivated.. He's a very good front man for someone with seemingly not an outwardly personality or the arrogance that other frontmen offer

Off to see The Stone Roses tomorrow night, looking forward to that

What's the best gig anyone of you have been to?
      I don't like massive gigs myself which probably goes against me enjoying tomorrow, I went to Knebworth and Wembley stadium to see oasis and it was sh*te at both, best I saw them was an intimate gig in Cardiff once.
      Probably two of my favourites were a tent gig at V where I saw Badly Drawn Boy or Gomez at the Brixton academy

Quick Reply