Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The weekend thread...

Read 233301 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: The weekend thread...
      Reply #46: Mar 06, 2007 11:17:39 am
      Hehe, yeah I survived :) Why were you worried? Hehehehe.

Both results were unfair this weekend!! BRING ON TONIGHT ey!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #47: Mar 09, 2007 12:54:47 pm
      With no football to watch this weekend, it's going to be a forecast of a wet weekend for my throat. ;D ;D
      Meant to be playing football on Sunday morning, but I think that has been replaced by finding a cure for hangover's.

Hope you all have a good weekend. ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Mar 09, 2007 01:57:26 pm
      With no football to watch this weekend, it's going to be a forecast of a wet weekend for my throat. ;D ;D
      Meant to be playing football on Sunday morning, but I think that has been replaced by finding a cure for hangover's.

Love that Tommo! It's very strange but I'm actually doing something very similar, would you believe! ;)

Tonight a few tinnies and probably an LFC dvd - to make up for no football this weekend. Then tomorrow, it's an afternoon supping ice cold beer in town. Lovely Jubbly!!! ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #49: Mar 09, 2007 05:25:41 pm

Weird these footy less weekends, (FA cup doesnt count this year)
      1.Walk round Asda pretending to care how much Tomatoes have gone up in price
      2.Go the gym,workout and sauna (no honest I do!!)
      3.Get wife wound up by telling her im staying in and theres a good match on telly so she cant watch normal Saturday T.V tat.
      4.Wife suggests I might like to go out, I stubbornly agree that allthough I dont want to it sounds like a good idea.
      5.Set Olympic record for shower,Sh*t and a shave and sprint out of door at 6pm while wife is made up because she can watch Casualty or some other mind numbing Saturday telly ( Al Murray isnt bad by the way)

Hope you all have a good weekend wether out on the Lash or staying in chilling out. ;) ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007 05:26:54 pm by Glenbuck »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Mar 12, 2007 09:40:43 pm
      What did I do.. I was at home so that was lush for a start ;D
      Friday afternoon my dad picked me up from Cardiff Central station, I went to Ninian Park to get my tickets for Norwich and Sunderland games.
      Then I went to say hi to my mum in work and she cried, then I had a baguette cos I was starving.
      Friday night me and mum went to an auction at my old high school that raised £3,400 for the school in just over 2 hours. It was hard speaking 'proper' welsh to the teachers ;D
      Saturday morning I went to dancing to see the girls, then we went for lunch, then they went off to do a show I went to the Cardiff V Norwich game (we won 1-0, 3rd min goal by Paul Parry - welsh boy :P)
      Got home about 6pm, watched Middlesbrough V Man U, what a game!!
      Had a nap about 8 til 12 when my sister woke me up and I went up to bed, mun I was tired!!
      Got up about 10.25 on Sunday to watch Soccer Sunday - soo much better than The Championship! They show actual highlights of the (Cardiff) game, not just the goal!! Then I chilled out all day, watched some other games that were on (I was a Spurs fan for about 2 hours!!), had a nice fat roast dinner, saw my nan and grandad, drank some JD with my dad and generally chilled out.

WAS AWESOME!! (Except the rygbi.. but let's forget about that.. hehe)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #51: Mar 16, 2007 01:24:59 am

tomorrow Im going out with the united-fan I kissed a while ago.... Whats happening?!?   ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Mar 16, 2007 01:30:26 am
      Watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What you doing Watt!!!???? :o You take some disinfectant with you ok? hehe ;) Have a nice date...
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Mar 16, 2007 01:35:58 am
      Haha awesome. I keep kissing this AF player when I'm out with cheerleading/AF and he has a gf but he initiates it.. oops.. ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Mar 16, 2007 03:36:31 am
      leaving work in a few minutes...next 3 days off...heading to a water park in Woolongong, NSW approx 7 hours drive away :-\.....taking the kids for some fun....won't have a computer, maybe won't even get to watch the Villa match......anyway have a great weekend all....talk to you Tuesday night which will be your Tuesday morning. :ernaehrung004:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #55: Mar 16, 2007 08:28:37 am
      you enjoy yourself Aussie mate and take care buddy
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #56: Mar 16, 2007 11:14:24 am
      Here's something that might keep you busy ....for a bit anyroad....

Try this to see how far GeeDubbya's going!

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

It seems the balls represent the thousands of US troops killed in Iraq - and it seems to go on for ever!

Whenever he gets stuck anywhere, double-click him and just make him wriggle about a bit (he's very good at that!) and he'll move!

Here's an old 'un posting an old 'un!

Do what you like with the team name of course.........

The Samaritans number Man City supporters use is:

08457 10 10 10

That's zero, eight, four, five, seven - won nothing, won nothing, won nothing!!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Mar 16, 2007 11:25:42 pm

I lived through the night...  But sh*t... He is so nice..!!  :-\  Im confused.
      Going out with him tomorrow night too. Blaaaah  :-\
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #58: Mar 16, 2007 11:32:55 pm
      I lived through the night...  But sh*t... He is so nice..!!  :-\  Im confused.
      Going out with him tomorrow night too. Blaaaah  :-\

We have no choice then but to hunt you down!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Mar 17, 2007 01:49:35 am
      The thing is... I think I kind of want to go out with him...   :-\
      He is being all nice, really charming (how can that be?!), telling me we're like Romeo and Juliet blablabla, and Im starting to fall...... CRAP!  :-[

What am I going to do?? I could never take him to meet my parents, my dad would kill me..!  (and himself, in shame)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Mar 17, 2007 02:37:22 am
      Why is it bad?! Is there a problem with him?? Tehe.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Mar 17, 2007 02:48:57 am
      Well today, I finished work, put together a chest of drawers, donated some money to Comic Relief and then went out and got drunk!

Tomorrow, I just plan to go out and get drunk. ;D

Sunday is Mothers day so, I wont be getting drunk. But I'll be being very nice to me ma ;D
      Everybody make sure you think of your mum on Sunday!!! But make sure you watch the reds obviously... ;)

Watt. Sounds like you've got the love bug.... ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #62: Mar 17, 2007 10:35:23 am
      The thing is... I think I kind of want to go out with him...   :-\
      He is being all nice, really charming (how can that be?!), telling me we're like Romeo and Juliet blablabla, and Im starting to fall...... CRAP!  :-[

What am I going to do?? I could never take him to meet my parents, my dad would kill me..!  (and himself, in shame)

If your beautiful then another guy will come around whos not a manc, if your not then its your only chance ;)
      I'm sure someone else will come around but really its your choice
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #63: Mar 17, 2007 11:18:53 am
      The thing is... I think I kind of want to go out with him...   :-\

Romeo and Juliet you're NOT - but can see where he's coming from! Go for it girl - believe it or not , there are some good United fans around......just like there's some good Liverpool fans!! ;) ;) :P :P ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #64: Mar 17, 2007 11:38:52 am
      I'm a TRUE RED but  I'm also on Crystal Palaces' mailing list because it gives me a chance to watch local football and what a result this is...

The boys of 1990 are returning to SE25

Following on from last year's successful re-staging of the 1990 FA Cup final between Palace and Manchester United in aid of Geoff Thomas' Leukaemia Foundation, the club are delighted to host another equally stunning event. Who can forget that classic FA Cup semi-final between the Eagles and Liverpool back in 1990? For those of you too young, or those who couldn't be at the original tie, there now comes a chance to hopefully re-live some Palace history.

Having lost 9-0 to the Reds at Anfield earlier in the season, the pundits gave Steve Coppell's Palace side no chance in the game at Villa Park. But, even though they went behind twice in the game, the Eagles fought back to win 4-3 with current Charlton Athletic manager Alan Pardew heading in an extra-time winner.

The Liverpool side that day included the likes of Alan Hansen, Steve Staunton, Ronnie Whelan, John Barnes, Steve McMahon, Ian Rush and Peter Beardsley amongst others, but it was Palace who went on to contest the final against Manchester United.

Now, on Tuesday 20th March 2007, Selhurst Park is hosting a re-staging of that famous game between Palace and Liverpool. The match will feature many of the ex-players from both sides as they re-play a match that Palace supporters voted as their favourite of all-time. The squads for the game are taking shape by the day. Chairman Simon Jordan and Palace striker Dougie Freedman are the latest two to confirm their places for this special night. Former Palace legend and Welsh international Eric 'Ninja' Young will be featuring after confirming his place in the Eagles squad along with Neil Shipperley.

The names of those already confirmed for both sides are as follows:- Palace - Nigel Martyn, John Humphrey, Andy Gra  >:( ,Andy Thorn, Geoff Thomas, Mark Bright, Alan Pardew,Dave Madden,;Andy Woodman, Gareth Southgate, Peter Taylor, Eric Young, Neil Shipperley, Perry Suckling, Neil Ashton- Manager Steve Coppell.

Liverpool :- Bruce Grobbelaar, Ronnie Whelan, John Barnes, Steve McManaman, John Durnin, Michael Thomas, Alan Kennedy, Jan Molby, Rob Jones, Mark Walters, Jamie Redknapp, David Fairclough, Ray Houghton, John Wark, Ian Rush.

I live 2 miles away so I'll be there... HAPPY  :), HAPPY  ;D, HAPPY  ;)...  :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :action-smiley-035: Just off to get my ticket now...
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2007 11:45:06 am by RED1028 »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #65: Mar 17, 2007 11:59:38 am
      OMG, Rush and Grobbelaar.. I'd love to see that!! I was only 2 when that happened.. 9-0 :o
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #66: Mar 17, 2007 12:17:28 pm
      I'm a TRUE RED but  I'm also on Crystal Palaces' mailing list because it gives me a chance to watch local football and what a result this is...

The boys of 1990 are returning to SE25

Following on from last year's successful re-staging of the 1990 FA Cup final between Palace and Manchester United in aid of Geoff Thomas' Leukaemia Foundation, the club are delighted to host another equally stunning event. Who can forget that classic FA Cup semi-final between the Eagles and Liverpool back in 1990? For those of you too young, or those who couldn't be at the original tie, there now comes a chance to hopefully re-live some Palace history.

Having lost 9-0 to the Reds at Anfield earlier in the season, the pundits gave Steve Coppell's Palace side no chance in the game at Villa Park. But, even though they went behind twice in the game, the Eagles fought back to win 4-3 with current Charlton Athletic manager Alan Pardew heading in an extra-time winner.

The Liverpool side that day included the likes of Alan Hansen, Steve Staunton, Ronnie Whelan, John Barnes, Steve McMahon, Ian Rush and Peter Beardsley amongst others, but it was Palace who went on to contest the final against Manchester United.

Now, on Tuesday 20th March 2007, Selhurst Park is hosting a re-staging of that famous game between Palace and Liverpool. The match will feature many of the ex-players from both sides as they re-play a match that Palace supporters voted as their favourite of all-time. The squads for the game are taking shape by the day. Chairman Simon Jordan and Palace striker Dougie Freedman are the latest two to confirm their places for this special night. Former Palace legend and Welsh international Eric 'Ninja' Young will be featuring after confirming his place in the Eagles squad along with Neil Shipperley.

The names of those already confirmed for both sides are as follows:- Palace - Nigel Martyn, John Humphrey, Andy Gra  >:( ,Andy Thorn, Geoff Thomas, Mark Bright, Alan Pardew,Dave Madden,;Andy Woodman, Gareth Southgate, Peter Taylor, Eric Young, Neil Shipperley, Perry Suckling, Neil Ashton- Manager Steve Coppell.

Liverpool :- Bruce Grobbelaar, Ronnie Whelan, John Barnes, Steve McManaman, John Durnin, Michael Thomas, Alan Kennedy, Jan Molby, Rob Jones, Mark Walters, Jamie Redknapp, David Fairclough, Ray Houghton, John Wark, Ian Rush.

I live 2 miles away so I'll be there... HAPPY  :), HAPPY  ;D, HAPPY  ;)...  :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :action-smiley-035: Just off to get my ticket now...

enjoy mate, sounds like a great idea to get those teams back together.
      I was fortunate to be at both those games mentioned. 9 - 0 was a footballing feast, but that 4 - 3 defeat was hard to take.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #67: Mar 17, 2007 01:08:17 pm
      Got the ticket but this is the bad bit - apparently there are only 50 odd Liverpool fans in the away section (at present), and furthermore there is nothing on Liverpools' official website... strange ???

More info from the Palace website...
      "It is sure to be a fantastic night at Selhurst, as anyone who was at last year's match will testify to, so come along and support this event. Tickets for the match are now on sale at the Selhurst Park box office priced at £15 for adults and £5 for concessions.
      Please note that adult ticket prices will rise to £20 on matchday. To book tickets call 08712 00 00 71 or visit the box office in person between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday or 9.30am to 12.30pm on a non-Saturday matchday.

All proceeds go to charity. For more information on Geoff Thomas' Leukaemia appeal visit www.geoff-thomas.com."
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #68: Mar 17, 2007 01:16:07 pm
      enjoy mate, sounds like a great idea to get those teams back together.
      I was fortunate to be at both those games mentioned. 9 - 0 was a footballing feast, but that 4 - 3 defeat was hard to take.

That I suppose is what football's all about MrT. Just like I felt in '76 when Saints turned us over at Wembly. Still, look at the upside, we both survived and we both continued to believe. Great isn't it??! ;D ;D ::)

Quick Reply