Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Michael Owen - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay in jail with the barcodes?
      (56%)
      Or should we bail him out?
      (44%)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Read 72122 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Michael Owen (Newcastle United)
      Feb 25, 2007 07:23:59 am
      I won't go into my source, but i have it on authority that Michael is thinking of coming back to Liverpool, as we know he is friends with one of are USA. owners, and there might be a deal taking place that sends Peter Crouch to Newcastle and Michael coming back to Liverpool.

I would love to see him put a red shirt on again.

What are your thoughts???
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2007 01:47:30 pm by JD »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Michael Owen returning to the reds
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2007 09:25:10 am
      sounds great!!!all we need is a wash up player who is constantly injuried to join us when we finally gey money to buy a quality striker...
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Feb 25, 2007 09:52:22 am
      I won't go into my source, but I have it on authority that Michael is thinking of coming back to Liverpool, as we know he is friends with one of are USA. owners, and there might be a deal taking place that sends Peter Crouch to Newcastle and Michael coming back to Liverpool.

I hope this is a wind up !!!
      He should never get the chance to pull on the Red shirt ever again.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Feb 25, 2007 11:58:14 am
      The best of Micheal Owen is over. The lad is always injured, I appreciated what the lad has done for us in the past, but  do we really need him back? I'd rather buy a fit, quality, international young player then a pale, unfit, shadow of what Michael Owen was.....

Maybe a do you want michael Owen back poll could be posted to see what we all think....My answer: NO thanks.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Feb 25, 2007 12:09:30 pm
      This story does the rounds every year, I don't think Rafa would want him and I don't think Rafa's the sort of fella that would sit there and let the Yanks dictate who comes to the club. My own thoughts of St Micheal................. ...........You've made your bed Lad, now lie in it.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Feb 25, 2007 01:04:37 pm
      I won't go into my source, but I have it on authority that Michael is thinking of coming back to Liverpool, as we know he is friends with one of are USA. owners, and there might be a deal taking place that sends Peter Crouch to Newcastle and Michael coming back to Liverpool.

I'd have him back. Definatly.
      If this is true, bye bye Crouchy.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Feb 25, 2007 01:04:46 pm
      NO NO NO Owen is good but he should never be given the chance to pull on the red of liverpool ever again, he is and always will be selfish for himself now look at gerrard 2 times he was tempted to leave but he just couldn't do it end result european cup and f.a. cup owen leaves for madrid end result nothing just think evan djimi traore has a european cup winners medal
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 25, 2007 01:07:32 pm
      If we had a choice between God for another year or a half fit Michael,theres only one choice true kopites are going to make.GOD to stay.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 25, 2007 03:08:31 pm
      i don't know. crouch is a good lad and i would hate to see him go. owen is injured all the time, but hes pretty good. how old is he??? i never figured that out. idk, i guess i have mixed feelings on the issue.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Feb 25, 2007 03:16:24 pm
      My own thoughts of St Micheal................. ...........You've made your bed Lad, now lie in it.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

His legs are goosed as well. He'll never be the same as he was years ago. Nah. New beginning for us now. We need new blood.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #10: Feb 25, 2007 03:43:48 pm
      Mmm now that makes sense...sell our leading goalscorer this season (13 goals and counting) for a player who missed nearly a full season and who STILL doesn't know if he will be fit again ???

Owen had his chance, chose Madrid and then Newcastle over us.....he's had his time (and he was a great player)..but now we move forward.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Feb 25, 2007 04:16:28 pm
      if we wanna win the league then we're gonna have to do better than owen.

crouchy is much more valuable than owen now . . . .

i hope your source is wrong
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Feb 25, 2007 09:01:45 pm
      if we wanna win the league then we're gonna have to do better than owen.

crouchy is much more valuable than owen now . . . .

I hope your source is wrong

Sorry but I think you are completly out of your mind.
      Two injuries - in the space of 1 season. It could happen to anyone.
      It doesn't mean that the player is over. And yeah he's done his hamstring in once or twice.
      I think Owen WILL NOT return to football this season. He will be packing his bags from futher up North but I don't  know where.

REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #13: Feb 25, 2007 09:34:11 pm
      What about eto? a better version of owen?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Feb 25, 2007 11:34:22 pm
      Well to be completely honest I know 90% of this forum will turn round and disagree with me. Lets put this for an example. Robbie Fowler left us and joined Leeds. Then came back and everyone loved him again.
      Michael Owen left us trying to futher his career (not saying we wouldn't have been good enough to turn him into a much better player). Just what if, what if he came back. Would people love him then? Or boo him?
      I think everyone would love him and eagerly wait for what he would do next.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Feb 26, 2007 12:45:59 am
      Well to be completely honest I know 90% of this forum will turn round and disagree with me. Lets put this for an example. Robbie Fowler left us and joined Leeds. Then came back and everyone loved him again.
      Michael Owen left us trying to futher his career (not saying we wouldn't have been good enough to turn him into a much better player). Just what if, what if he came back. Would people love him then? Or boo him?
      I think everyone would love him and eagerly wait for what he would do next.

You've got a good point Court. I reckon there's a lot of reds who think the same as you. He was a player of pure quality for us and he won some very important games for us in the past. On his own sometimes - one that stands out is a certain FA Cup final.

In my opinion though, it's a different kettle of fish between Fowler and Owen leaving and then coming back. The circumstances are different. Fowler loves our club. I don't think Owen loves our club.
      It was clear to see that Fowler wasn't getting on with the management before he left our club and that was a big factor for him leaving. In Owens case, he didn't give Rafa a chance. He just wanted out. Which really hurt me to be honest.

Now for a player to play for Liverpool, I always want every player, to WANT to play for Liverpool.

When Fowler came back, he knew he wasn't going to be a regular starter - like he might have been at Man City. But he wanted to be back, playing for Liverpool, any chance he could get. If Owen came back, I think it might be more for personal Glory, than to be playing for the reds.

I still think he can be a good player - he knows where the goal is. I've still got respect for him as a goal scorer. But he's never gonna be the same Owen he was, when he played for us. His injury prone legs are getting older and his pace is fading. And how he left, speaks volumes. As said above, he made his bed. He can lie in it now.

If he did come back and do amazingly well, I would expect you, Court, to say "i told you so"! ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Feb 26, 2007 12:59:08 am
      I loved him when he played for us, and I cried when we sold him (and also Cardiff City sold Rob Earnshaw that summer too.. worst summer of my life!!)

I wouldn't want him back. Especially for Crouch.

I don't think he'd do that well. I'd like to see him do well in his career cos he has been unlucky with injuries lately. However I don't think he'd shine again at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 01:00:08 am by Nicola »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Feb 26, 2007 01:56:47 am

You've got a good point Court. I reckon there's a lot of reds who think the same as you. He was a player of pure quality for us and he won some very important games for us in the past. On his own sometimes - one that stands out is a certain FA Cup final.

In my opinion though, it's a different kettle of fish between Fowler and Owen leaving and then coming back. The circumstances are different. Fowler loves our club. I don't think Owen loves our club.
      It was clear to see that Fowler wasn't getting on with the management before he left our club and that was a big factor for him leaving. In Owens case, he didn't give Rafa a chance. He just wanted out. Which really hurt me to be honest.

Now for a player to play for Liverpool, I always want every player, to WANT to play for Liverpool.

When Fowler came back, he knew he wasn't going to be a regular starter - like he might have been at Man City. But he wanted to be back, playing for Liverpool, any chance he could get. If Owen came back, I think it might be more for personal Glory, than to be playing for the reds.

I still think he can be a good player - he knows where the goal is. I've still got respect for him as a goal scorer. But he's never gonna be the same Owen he was, when he played for us. His injury prone legs are getting older and his pace is fading. And how he left, speaks volumes. As said above, he made his bed. He can lie in it now.

If he did come back and do amazingly well, I would expect you, Court, to say "I told you so"! ;)

Cheers for that mate wasn't expecting as good as a comment as that like!
      As I will say " I told you so " if this happens.
      It's all here and proof ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Feb 26, 2007 02:41:35 am
      Cheers for that mate wasn't expecting as good as a comment as that like!
      As I will say " I told you so " if this happens.
      It's all here and proof ;)

Indeed mate! We shall have to wait and see if it's yet another rumour! I'm hoping you wont tell me so though... ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Feb 26, 2007 04:10:30 am
      Indeed mate! We shall have to wait and see if it's yet another rumour! I'm hoping you wont tell me so though... ;)

We shall see :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #20: Feb 26, 2007 07:59:37 am
      I have heard what a lot of you have said, i know Robbie left us and came back also Ian rush left us and came back, and we welcomed them back with open arms, yes Michael has been out for most of the season, but i think he will come back a stronger player with a lot to prove, he is world class player, so no matter what team he plays for next season he will be on fire just to prove to him self and england, and i for 1 hope he does it in a reds shirt, he is still only 27, so still in his prime.
      We need 2 world class strikers in are team and Michael could be 1 of them we bring in ready for next season.
      I still say bring him home
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Feb 26, 2007 08:12:11 am

GREAT post
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: Feb 26, 2007 08:48:27 am
      I personally dont want him back and it has nothing to do with how he left us and why he chose Newcastle instead of us,no its purely down to the injuries he is forever picking up. I dont doubt on his day he is still one of the best goalscorers around the only problem is how often would he be available to play? and you cant be having that sort of problem if you are looking for a regular goalscorer to help push on and challenge for the title.

Quick Reply