Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 360331 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #2714: Aug 05, 2014 09:10:52 pm
      I have defended him many times which is ironic because he cannot defend himself.It is so clear that we need two fullbacks and a forward with only 10 days to go before the season starts ...DONT PANIC.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2715: Aug 05, 2014 11:05:03 pm
      Never like to watch a catastrophe but Johnson is now an utter car crash....so awful and dreadful to witness that your eyes can't believe it.
      He has gone from great at times, to average at best to consistently terrible.
      Definitely a player who to me is past it.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2716: Aug 06, 2014 06:07:13 am
      Glen is the type of player you don’t realise what you’re missing until he’s not in the team.

Certainly showed what we're missing when he has been in the team.
      :lmao:

Yeah it looks like Brendan got that one wrong.  :-\

I got distracted and didn't get finishing my post mate; that post should read - "Glen is the type of player you don’t realise what you’re missing until he’s not in the team." ~ Brendan Rodgers. Sorry.  :-[
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2717: Aug 06, 2014 08:59:02 am
      Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I wonder if we sign the Manquillo lad in the next day or so, and Rodgers starts him against Dortmund, and Johnson sits the bench, do you think he would take the hint and move away if, say, QPR came in for him?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2718: Aug 06, 2014 09:30:43 am
      Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I wonder if we sign the Manquillo lad in the next day or so, and Rodgers starts him against Dortmund, and Johnson sits the bench, do you think he would take the hint and move away if, say, QPR came in for him?

It would be a long overdue kick up the posterior for Glen if Manquillo was brought straight in at RB. Won't happen though.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2719: Aug 06, 2014 10:26:42 am
      110k a week player

let that sink in.

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2720: Aug 06, 2014 11:11:47 am
      He doesn't look one bit arsed, if we're being honest.

Whether he's spat out his dummy because we've refused to offer him a new contract on similiar terms or he's literllay just suffered a spectacular decline. Who knows. One thing is for sure, he is absoloutely stealing a living on those wages. Wages that could be shelled out on two new fullbacks who actually want to show some desire at the club.

Think we'll be stuck with him till his contract runs out personally, can't see anyone matching the money he's on anywhere else in this form.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2721: Aug 06, 2014 11:18:07 am
      I don't know why Rodgers still rate him to be honest.

Johnson probably walked in him moving a corpse or something  :D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2722: Aug 06, 2014 04:23:16 pm
      He doesn't look one bit arsed, if we're being honest.

Whether he's spat out his dummy because we've refused to offer him a new contract on similiar terms or he's literllay just suffered a spectacular decline. Who knows. One thing is for sure, he is absoloutely stealing a living on those wages. Wages that could be shelled out on two new fullbacks who actually want to show some desire at the club.

Think we'll be stuck with him till his contract runs out personally, can't see anyone matching the money he's on anywhere else in this form.

Comolli signed him to that 110k/week, in fact I think it was one of the first things he did, after we refused to pay what we have been paying this time around Glen just said F**k-it. He is in affect, under contract and collecting his pay. Nobody want's him on those wages so he is milking it for everything it is worth.

or as you said

Can't be arsed.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2723: Aug 06, 2014 10:50:15 pm
      Well i waited till i watched him to judge for myself unfortunately like most level headed people on here i came to the same conclusion , that was as abject a lesson in defending as you are likely to see fcking piss poor at best ,no one will take him on these kind of showings and BR looks like he is unwilling to drop him ,he needs a kick in the bollox and quick was never the best defender but by fck he has got worse as if that was possible.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2724: Aug 08, 2014 08:26:09 am
      Come on Spuds, put a bid in for him.  :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2725: Aug 13, 2014 09:20:34 am
      Anyone interested in buying Glen?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2726: Aug 13, 2014 09:29:52 am
      I'm not his biggest fan but he was decent against Dortmund, I know it was a friendly but maybe all the competition coming in might give him a kick up the jacksy.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2727: Aug 13, 2014 09:46:33 am
      I'm not his biggest fan but he was decent against Dortmund, I know it was a friendly but maybe all the competition coming in might give him a kick up the jacksy.

He's got 2 weeks to prove that or he can f*ck off.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2728: Aug 17, 2014 09:57:57 pm
      What is Jonno's contract situation? I thought he had 12 months to go?

If that's the case it is pretty clear Brendan is not sure about him or has decided he isn't the answer. It just seems strange to me that we haven't appeared to have replaced him as yet. Young Manquillo has started well but given he had barely played for Atletico he hardly seems as though he was seen as a banker.

Either way Jonno's performances have slipped and slipped so far ad I dare say his contract limbo will hardly help.

I'd get shot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2729: Aug 17, 2014 10:13:33 pm
      You know that saying that if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all…
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2730: Aug 17, 2014 10:15:26 pm
      What is Jonno's contract situation? I thought he had 12 months to go?

If that's the case it is pretty clear Brendan is not sure about him or has decided he isn't the answer. It just seems strange to me that we haven't appeared to have replaced him as yet. Young Manquillo has started well but given he had barely played for Atletico he hardly seems as though he was seen as a banker.

Either way Jonno's performances have slipped and slipped so far ad I dare say his contract limbo will hardly help.

I'd get shot.

12 months left and when asked about whether a contract was being lined up, Brendan replied "No, nothing right now".
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2731: Aug 17, 2014 10:37:14 pm
      You know that saying that if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all…

it is a bit odd isn't it.  Everyone talks about backing the players to the hilt no matter what but they don't seem to have any problem taking a hiding to Glen Johnson.

Same thing happened with Joe Cole.  They hated him. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2732: Aug 17, 2014 10:58:07 pm
      it is a bit odd isn't it.  Everyone talks about backing the players to the hilt no matter what but they don't seem to have any problem taking a hiding to Glen Johnson.

Same thing happened with Joe Cole.  They hated him. 
      I still back Johnson, I want him to play better. My comment was my own in reference to my opinion of his performance today.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #2733: Aug 17, 2014 11:43:15 pm
      He's sh*t.

Never rated him (some may of missed that), never wanted us to buy him (some may of missed that as well) and have been hoping we replace him ever since the day he did join.

Hopefully now we've got two new full backs, we will see less of Johnson.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2734: Aug 18, 2014 01:23:28 am
      Never felt as strongly against a player starting for us then him. That's with the likes of Voronin/Poulsen/Konchesky but his just something else at the minute, he can't do anything right.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #2735: Aug 18, 2014 02:23:11 am
      I don't even think he's that bad of a footballer it's just something about him and the way he plays that just pisses me off so much. Manquillo over him all day. Just judging by the two games we've seen him he's been very good.

Really hope Brendan doesn't continue to play him once Moreno is set to get in there.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2736: Aug 18, 2014 05:43:52 am
      Brendan clearly wanted to give him a chance yesterday, at least he can say, "well you had your chance and didn't take it"!

Quick Reply