Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 360413 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #2783: Aug 29, 2014 07:43:45 pm
      Anyone else out their feel like he should have tried heading that ball off the goal line for Jovetics' 2nd goal. Can't for the life of me understand why he'd try to lift his leg to stop it, when it would have been easier to head clear.  ???

Wish I could find a gif of it to support my arguement.

With you here 100%, it was more than at the right height to easily get his head to. I know a lot of people don't rate Skrtel and myself included when it comes to questioning him but I have no doubts at all that if he was where Johnson was then he would have headed it clear.

Stevan Jovetic Second Goal ~ Manchester City vs Liverpool 2-0 2014 - [Premier League 25/08/2014] HD
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #2784: Aug 29, 2014 08:18:37 pm
      Think once out I.e. now he will only feature in minor cup games.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2785: Aug 29, 2014 08:24:36 pm
      With you here 100%, it was more than at the right height to easily get his head to. I know a lot of people don't rate Skrtel and myself included when it comes to questioning him but I have no doubts at all that if he was where Johnson was then he would have headed it clear.

Stevan Jovetic Second Goal ~ Manchester City vs Liverpool 2-0 2014 - [Premier League 25/08/2014] HD

If Manquillo and Moreno have any type of competitive spirit at all they are smelling blood in the water when it comes to Glen.

"Hey Glen...the sharks are circling"
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2786: Aug 29, 2014 08:34:05 pm

If Manquillo and Moreno have any type of competitive spirit at all they are smelling blood in the water when it comes to Glen.

"Hey Glen...the sharks are circling"

Not sure why Glen gets so much stick.last season he was injured a lot.his problem is he gets so far forward when the attack breaks down he looks like a stranded whale. I have supported him but he seems like an accident waiting to happen these days
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2787: Aug 29, 2014 08:37:57 pm
      Not sure why Glen gets so much stick.last season he was injured a lot.his problem is he gets so far forward when the attack breaks down he looks like a stranded whale. I have supported him but he seems like an accident waiting to happen these days

I have never really given him too much stick in the past but thru pre-season and 2 games and the fact that there is no new contract coming seems to have made Glen not really give a sh*te about anything..thats where he loses my support.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2788: Aug 29, 2014 08:38:44 pm
      Not sure why Glen gets so much stick.

Because he's useless.

last season he was injured a lot

Not really, he still played 30 games and his "extended break" lasted about 2 weeks.

his problem is he gets so far forward when the attack breaks down he looks like a stranded whale.

Usually because he is the one that has lost the ball. Also this along with the many other problems such as being unable to defend, having no determination or drive and no positional awareness.

I have supported him but he seems like an accident waiting to happen these days

Catastrophe waiting to happen. Maybe if he ends up playing against Madrid then once Ronaldo and James are finished with him then he will realise he should call it quits.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #2789: Aug 29, 2014 08:44:25 pm

Don't really think you can blame Johnson that much for failing with his block for the goal tbh. It might not have necessarily been obvious that the ball was going to end up where it did when he made the decision to stick his leg out rather than head it and obviously he can't change his mind half way through.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2790: Aug 29, 2014 08:46:23 pm
      Because he's useless.

Not really, he still played 30 games and his "extended break" lasted about 2 weeks.

Usually because he is the one that has lost the ball. Also this along with the many other problems such as being unable to defend, having no determination or drive and no positional awareness.

Catastrophe waiting to happen. Maybe if he ends up playing against Madrid then once Ronaldo and James are finished with him then he will realise he should call it quits.

Brendan mentioned he played a lot last season with an injury.I don't think he has used any excuse this season
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2791: Aug 29, 2014 08:56:00 pm
      Brendan mentioned he played a lot last season with an injury.I don't think he has used any excuse this season

What about the season before too?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2792: Aug 29, 2014 09:57:59 pm

Johnson can't do anything right.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2793: Aug 29, 2014 10:02:14 pm
      Johnson is not our best player (understatement of the year award  :D), and hopefully will be phased out of the team when Manquillo and Flano are fit, but I think some get carried away in their scapegoating. He is still a liverpool player, and he isn't as bad as some make out.
      He doesn't cause Cancer or spread Ebola - he wasn't a nazi and he wasn't our worst player in the last game.
      I won't cry when he doesn't play but can we please get a little perspective. Measured criticism only.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,230 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2794: Aug 29, 2014 10:05:17 pm

to be fair to him that's how all the full backs were filmed, Moreno is the odd one out probably because he wasn't here when the shooting was done
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2795: Aug 29, 2014 10:21:51 pm
      I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong to prefer Johnson to Manquillo against City. I felt Glen's experience in big games would be useful against the Champions, despite his erratic performances of late.

Now that he is injured I can't see him getting back in to the first team straight away. Is he still sulking over a move to Spain or what? He's lost it.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #2796: Aug 30, 2014 05:32:19 am

Lazy c*nts just stuck Moreno's head on Joe Allen's body.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2797: Aug 31, 2014 05:10:59 pm
      Hey Glen did you see Manquillo and Moreno today? That's how a fullback in a Liverpool shirt is supposed to perform. Full of quality commitment and passion. Do you remember when you had that? Long time now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2798: Aug 31, 2014 05:15:15 pm
      Hey Glen did you see Manquillo and Moreno today? That's how a fullback in a Liverpool shirt is supposed to perform. Full of quality commitment and passion. Do you remember when you had that? Long time now.

The standard/tripe of football we've been served by Johnson was really highlighted by our Spanish lads this afternoon. Like day and night. I've been quite quiet on the Johnson front most the time because I was never sure of just how bad he was. And then I realised this afternoon.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2799: Aug 31, 2014 05:19:34 pm
      The standard/tripe of football we've been served by Johnson was really highlighted by our Spanish lads this afternoon. Like day and night.

Would love if he fu**ed off on deadline day but I'm sure he'd rather sit on his £115k a week for one more season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2800: Sep 01, 2014 12:58:52 am
      Did anyone see what we missed when he wasn't in the team?
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #2801: Sep 01, 2014 01:20:58 am
      Have to say, I've always supported Johno even though it seems slagging him off is the popular thing to do.... But, Manquillo showed today that he deserves to be first choice moving forward. I still don't think Johno is as bad as some make him out to be, but Manquillo is defo an upgrade.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2802: Oct 02, 2014 01:48:00 pm
      No England call up ?
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #2803: Oct 02, 2014 05:04:05 pm
      Isn't he still injured?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #2804: Oct 04, 2014 04:58:43 pm
      Thank F**k he's back - and I mean it.

Manquillo offers F**k all in attack - and judging by todays performance against West Brom - offers F**k all in defence.

Johnson cuts inside, creates space for players, offers nice touches. All Manquillo does is hug the touchline, never brings players into play, and his attacking game is all round sh*t. Even defensively, Johnson sured it up today.

I hope Johnson starts in the next. How Manquillo is given a free ride on this forum is beyond me.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #2805: Oct 04, 2014 05:04:22 pm
      Thank f**k he's back - and I mean it.

Manquillo offers f**k all in attack - and judging by todays performance against West Brom - offers f**k all in defence.

Johnson cuts inside, creates space for players, offers nice touches. All Manquillo does is hug the touchline, never brings players into play, and his attacking game is all round sh*t. Even defensively, Johnson sured it up today.

I hope Johnson starts in the next. How Manquillo is given a free ride on this forum is beyond me.
      I agree that I'd want Johnson starting over Manquillo, but to be fair to be him he's made important attacking contributions such as winning the pen for the Ludogorets winner and playing it in to Sterling against WBA today. So to say he offers 'F all' is a bit of an exaggeration.

Quick Reply