Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

WWE

Read 265427 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #1909: Apr 07, 2014 02:01:12 pm
      Post WrestleMania RAW will be insane tonight.

The crowd will blow the roof off the arena for Bryan, now WWE need a legit heel to keep his momentum going. Someone with a bunch of heat. Wonder where we could find that after last night? Doubt they'd make Bryan drop the title as quick as the next PPV though, unless we're entering the Unpredictability Era? F***ing hell, everything I think is set in stone will now be questioned. Thanks WWE :laugh:

Will Sting debut? Will Prince Devitt be unveiled as the new Heyman guy? Will The Shield 2.0 keep wearing those badass masks to the ring?

On the streak thing, they were planning on Lesnar breaking the streak for a while now. I know a lot of people are butthurt that Reigns or Bray didn't beat him, but it really makes Lesnar seem a force again.

BTW I didn't use the Network to watch it, but I did for the entire Pre-Show and it was Full HD and not a single lag the entire two hours. Apparently it held up that way the entire night. Great stuff.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1910: Apr 07, 2014 02:15:56 pm
      RKO through the announce table from Batista chucking Bryan in mid air and Orton jumping off the steps...HOLY sh*t indeed.

Great spot.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1911: Apr 07, 2014 02:18:32 pm
      Post WrestleMania RAW will be insane tonight.

The crowd will blow the roof off the arena for Bryan, now WWE need a legit heel to keep his momentum going. Someone with a bunch of heat. Wonder where we could find that after last night? Doubt they'd make Bryan drop the title as quick as the next PPV though, unless we're entering the Unpredictability Era? F***ing hell, everything I think is set in stone will now be questioned. Thanks WWE :laugh:

Will Sting debut? Will Prince Devitt be unveiled as the new Heyman guy? Will The Shield 2.0 keep wearing those badass masks to the ring?

On the streak thing, they were planning on Lesnar breaking the streak for a while now. I know a lot of people are butthurt that Reigns or Bray didn't beat him, but it really makes Lesnar seem a force again.

BTW I didn't use the Network to watch it, but I did for the entire Pre-Show and it was Full HD and not a single lag the entire two hours. Apparently it held up that way the entire night. Great stuff.

Before the build to Lesnar/Taker match, Brock and Heyman were talking about the WWE Title. I wouldn't be surprised if he's Bryan's opponent. If Bryan wins it makes him look that much F***ing stronger, if Brock wins then he can run roughshod over the entire roster until they feel somebody else is worthy of the strap.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1912: Apr 07, 2014 02:21:52 pm
      That main event was one of the best in recent memory. Considering Orton and Batista have been slaughtered for the last three months, they both delivered, as did Bryan obviously, on the biggest stage.

All three men deserve credit for that match. As does Triple H as well. People always say he isn't prepared to put people over, he put all three of these men over at some point in his career. And he took the fall clean, he was prepared to get what he had coming in the main event as well with the sledgehammer to the head. He will do what's best for business in my opinion.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1913: Apr 07, 2014 02:37:12 pm
      Pretty great video of Hogan, Austin and The Rock backstage before their entrance's.

Three icons share a moment: WrestleMania 30 Exclusive, April 6, 2014
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1914: Apr 07, 2014 03:44:20 pm
      Brock Lesnar beats The Undertaker and the streak 21-1

The face on the people in the crowd. :D

He should retire.
      When I watched wrestling as a kid the Undertaker was only starting.
      He must be 50 now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1915: Apr 08, 2014 12:39:30 am
      Really looking forward to RAW now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1916: Apr 08, 2014 12:47:10 am

Is that you guessing? Or you pretending not to know? :D Think he's 49.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1917: Apr 08, 2014 09:17:20 am
      What a great RAW that was.

Paige debuts and becomes the new champion, Rusev also made his TV debut. Bo Dallas and Adam Rose get vignette's. Thought we would be seeing less NXT call-ups? I'm digging it anyway! Hopefully they use Adam Rose's first theme, cause it's about 100x better than the current version.

How awesome is it going to be to see Heyman and Colter on the mic against each other ;D

Some of the chants were great, especially 'John Cena sucks' to his entrance music :laugh:
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1918: Apr 09, 2014 05:47:57 am
      Rumors that Ultimate Warrior died tonight.  That would really suck.  Loved watching him back in the day and enjoyed seeing him on TV over the last couple of days.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #1919: Apr 09, 2014 08:18:30 am
      Yeah he died. RIP
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #1920: Apr 09, 2014 10:57:10 am
      My favorite wrestler when I was a kid. Wrestlemania Warrior vs Hogan has to go down as one of the greatest matches. RIP Ultimate Warrior.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g
      1 day ago - Uploaded by WWE
      2014 WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior makes his return to the Raw ring. http:/ /www.wwe ...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1921: Apr 09, 2014 10:58:13 am
      RIP Warrior.

Makes his speech on Monday Night seem haunting now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1922: Apr 09, 2014 11:13:38 am
      RIP Warrior.

Makes his speech on Monday Night seem haunting now.

Exactly what I was thinking, it's almost prescient.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1923: Apr 09, 2014 11:15:50 am
      Exactly what I was thinking, it's almost prescient.

Almost GoT level of foreshadowing.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1924: Apr 09, 2014 02:26:50 pm
      RIP Warrior.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #1925: Apr 09, 2014 05:21:45 pm
      R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior. :(

One of my all time favs, just finished watching the Ultimate Collection box-set, then at Wrestlemainia then on raw, Bringing tons of childhood memory's flooding back, now he's sadly passed away.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1926: Apr 11, 2014 12:14:40 pm
      Just arrived at WrestleMania X-Seven (arguably the greatest WrestleMania ever) and what stands out is just how F***ing good the roster was back then. There were future/former WWE/World Heavyweight champions in every match except one. Ones in bold are the future champs.

Jericho v Regal.
      Bradshaw, Faarooq (WCW champ in his day) Tazz (ECW champ in his day) v Right To Censor
      Kane v Big Show v Raven (ECW champ in his day)
      Eddie Guerrero v Test
      Kurt Angle v Chris Benoit
      Vince McMahon v Shane McMahon (Mick Foley special ref)
      Edge and Christian v Jeff and Matt Hardy v Dudley Boyz
      Gimmick battle royal had a couple in there as well
      Undertaker v Triple H
      Austin v Rock

Only Chyna/Ivory didn't have a World Champ for obvious reasons.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2014 12:49:26 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1927: Apr 11, 2014 12:21:22 pm
      I used to be into this when I was younger, I think most of my generation were for a spell..

I flick into most threads and read and often do into here and that's when I read about Ultimate Warrior passing away, that was my time of watching it, around 90-94 or so.. What's frightening is having read about Warrior is I then started reading about the others in that generation and the amount that are now dead, frightening really.

Macho man and even his mrs of that time Elizibeth (many a sly w*nk there as a 14 year old... Elizibeth that is not Randy savage  :D )

Texas Tornado

Big boss man

Owen Hart

There were more as I read through the other day and it shocked me how many were not with us anymore.

All died fairly young as well
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1928: Apr 11, 2014 12:44:17 pm
      I used to be into this when I was younger, I think most of my generation were for a spell..

I flick into most threads and read and often do into here and that's when I read about Ultimate Warrior passing away, that was my time of watching it, around 90-94 or so.. What's frightening is having read about Warrior is I then started reading about the others in that generation and the amount that are now dead, frightening really.

Macho man and even his mrs of that time Elizibeth (many a sly w*nk there as a 14 year old... Elizibeth that is not Randy savage  :D )

Texas Tornado

Big boss man

Owen Hart

There were more as I read through the other day and it shocked me how many were not with us anymore.

All died fairly young as well

Owen Hart was when I stopped watching wrestling.
      Tragic.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1929: Apr 11, 2014 12:51:39 pm

Owen's is probably the most tragic because he died at a WWF event and all those people witnessed it live. The fact they carried on with the event despite his death still holds a bitter taste with a lot of people.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1930: Apr 11, 2014 12:52:27 pm
      Owen Hart was when I stopped watching wrestling.
      Tragic.

Yeah read about that the other day.. As you say tragic

Rip Blue Blazer
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1931: Apr 11, 2014 12:53:19 pm
      Owen's is probably the most tragic because he died at a WWF event and all those people witnessed it live. The fact they carried on with the event despite his death still holds a bitter taste with a lot of people.

Yeah I couldn't believe that when I read it.. Did he die instantly? I'm surprised Bret is still connected on the back of that.

Most were heart attacks or linked, probably linked to their lifestyles.

Texas tornado shot himself in the heart though? Brutal way to go

Quick Reply