Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

WWE

Read 265476 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2024: Jul 01, 2014 04:04:47 pm
      Disappointed they have kept Roman exactly the same as he was in The Shield. Definitely need to change his theme music, keeping it the same is annoying.

How F***ing brilliant was McMahondow? Sandow is entertaining no matter what he's forced to do.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2025: Jul 01, 2014 04:43:39 pm
      I think that look suits Reigns, it's different to the usual look of just a pair of trunks. Could do with his own theme music though, preferably one with lyrics because they seem to of knocked that on the head. The last couple of new themes (for individuals) are just music.

Agree on Sandow being Vinny Mc. That was hilarious and the walk was perfect.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #2026: Jul 03, 2014 12:23:22 am
      WWE release , then Reinstate Emma on the same day. ;D

http://www.wwe.com/inside/emma-released-from-wwe-26450666
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2027: Jul 03, 2014 01:56:04 pm
      Apparently she stole something, then there was a report that it was just a malfunction on a self-checkout machine.

Is it possible they jumped the gun before realising she was innocent? Bizarre anyway.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2028: Jul 03, 2014 09:52:29 pm
      Renee Young promoted to commentator on Superstars is the first sign of her eventual placement on SD or RAW. She's not the best commentator, but even she couldn't be worse than Lawler.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2029: Jul 03, 2014 11:56:21 pm
      Renee Young promoted to commentator on Superstars is the first sign of her eventual placement on SD or RAW. She's not the best commentator, but even she couldn't be worse than Lawler.

Caught bits and pieces of WWE this year, really enjoyed Regal on commentary on NXT. Heard Colt Cabana had a try out as commentator last year, wonder if his friendship with Punk helped or hindered?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2030: Jul 04, 2014 09:35:11 am
      Caught bits and pieces of WWE this year, really enjoyed Regal on commentary on NXT. Heard Colt Cabana had a try out as commentator last year, wonder if his friendship with Punk helped or hindered?
      He couldn't be any worse than Alex Riley that's for sure. They didn't give Colt a job after Punk's initial pipe bomb promo, so I doubt they'd be willing to now either. He just doesn't fit what they want, he, dare I say it, is too much of a mark. Vince and Dunn hate marks.

There are two indy guys that I am looking forward to seeing soon. Devitt and Steen will hopefully be on our screens soon enough, probably after summer is over. Don't know a lot about Steen, but Devitt is just a complete badass and I hope they give him a gimmick that shows off those talents.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2031: Jul 07, 2014 11:46:44 am
      Santino announced his in-ring retirement at a house show due to sustaining a third neck injury.

I feel for him, a talented guy that was stuck in a dead end gimmick and anyone feuding with him weren't going anywhere either. Hopefully this means they allow Emma to do her own thing and actually compete.

Here it is:
      Santino Marella's Retirement speech
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2032: Jul 07, 2014 03:08:31 pm
      Now Santino has had to retire due to neck injuries, as did Edge, doesn't bode all that well for Daniel Bryan.

Though there's something constantly telling me that all this is part of the storyline. It just seems too convenient that he wins the title then needs neck surgery, then another and even now the rehab isn't going well. It just seems like the whole underdog storyline is continuing. I'm probably being harsh and the whole thing probably is genuine, it's just a nagging doubt I have.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2033: Jul 07, 2014 03:23:54 pm
      Now Santino has had to retire due to neck injuries, as did Edge, doesn't bode all that well for Daniel Bryan.

Though there's something constantly telling me that all this is part of the storyline. It just seems too convenient that he wins the title then needs neck surgery, then another and even now the rehab isn't going well. It just seems like the whole underdog storyline is continuing. I'm probably being harsh and the whole thing probably is genuine, it's just a nagging doubt I have.
      I hope they're just taking extra precaution with him. As you said Edge had to retire due to neck injuries so I doubt they will be taking Bryan's situation lightly.

My guess is we will finally get to see him as the #30 entrant in the Rumble. Who he faces at Mania is a whole other story, but Lesnar would be a likely candidate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2034: Jul 07, 2014 06:22:05 pm
      I think it'd be risky putting him in a match with Lesnar, especially that quickly after returning.

Lesnar's style is known to be rough and hard hitting. Undertaker had to go to ozzy straight after his match at WrestleMania. One slight mistake from either of them could see Bryan's career end there and then. I would say Cena (unfortunately) as he can be trusted to wrestle safely or possibly full circle and Randy Orton.

I know neither are them are what we want but it may be best for Bryan's long-term career.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2035: Jul 07, 2014 06:27:08 pm
      Thought Sandow was class last week - genuinely funny that walk

Ironic as it was only last week I mentioned how I thought they were treating him unfairly; almost mocking him. I guess we'll see more comedic acts from him now Santino has had to retire
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2036: Jul 07, 2014 09:13:43 pm
      There's currently a free week trial for the WWE Network if you haven't already subscribed.

I just use Hola Unblocker on Chrome and it works like a charm. In fact, I haven't actually had a problem with any PPVs yet.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2037: Jul 08, 2014 01:20:59 am
      "When Roman Reigns is the house, you're damn right Cena sucks."

Quality off the cuff line from Reigns.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2038: Jul 10, 2014 12:15:49 pm
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2039: Jul 20, 2014 12:45:01 pm
      Pretty much guaranteed that Brock will show up tonight to screw Cena in some capacity, with all the leaked Summerslam advertising material going around.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2040: Jul 20, 2014 02:59:32 pm
      Pretty much guaranteed that Brock will show up tonight to screw Cena in some capacity, with all the leaked Summerslam advertising material going around.

I don't know if he'll screw Cena, as I think it's more likely Lesnar v Cena for the title at SummerSlam. Cena is more likely to win tonight (cleanly of course) Rollins will miss his opportunity to cash in (probably because of Ambrose again) and then tomorrow night on RAW, Triple H will go to Paul Heyman for plan C...Lesnar.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2041: Jul 20, 2014 03:30:34 pm
      I don't know if he'll screw Cena, as I think it's more likely Lesnar v Cena for the title at SummerSlam. Cena is more likely to win tonight (cleanly of course) Rollins will miss his opportunity to cash in (probably because of Ambrose again) and then tomorrow night on RAW, Triple H will go to Paul Heyman for plan C...Lesnar.
      Maybe, but I'm just not sure it needs to be for the title. I'd hope that they would let Lesnar continue his dominance with a win, but obviously they couldn't put the title on him.

One last title reign for Kane after screwing the Autority would be great as long as they keep away from corny horror sequences.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2042: Jul 21, 2014 12:33:17 am
      http://footballhd.me/wwenetwork.html

Seems to be working alright thus far.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2043: Jul 21, 2014 12:40:46 am
      Adam Rose beats Fandango...pointless opening match on the kick off show.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2044: Jul 21, 2014 12:49:00 am
      Packed card tonight and it looks great.

Swagger v Rusev
      Wyatts v Usos
      Battle Royal for IC Title
      AJ vs Paige
      Bray v Jericho
      Ambrose v Rollins
      Fatal Four Way

Can't wait!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2045: Jul 21, 2014 12:49:53 am
      Liking the fact that they have 2 matches on the pre-show and both somewhat have a backstory.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2046: Jul 21, 2014 12:55:36 am
      Cameron beats Naomi.

Shouldn't be happening that. And with the fact that Cameron held the "tights", means this feud will probably continue which Naomi doesn't need.

Quick Reply