Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

WWE

Read 266403 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2093: Aug 18, 2014 08:44:42 pm
      Who does Lesnar face at Night of Champions? No way the top title is not featured as that event and I can't see an immediate rematch with Cena unless they want Brock to decimate him again to solidify the fact that he is the undisputed #1 guy.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2094: Aug 18, 2014 08:54:16 pm
      Whoever beats Brock is getting one hell of a push, well basically being chosen as the next face of the company. The plan is almost certainly Roman Reigns at the moment but he doesn't quite look there yet, he can't put on an engaging 20 minutes. Orton was doing a lot of carrying last night.

Would would your pick be to take the title come either Royal Rumble, or more likely WM31?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2095: Aug 18, 2014 10:06:30 pm
      Whoever beats Brock is getting one hell of a push, well basically being chosen as the next face of the company. The plan is almost certainly Roman Reigns at the moment but he doesn't quite look there yet, he can't put on an engaging 20 minutes. Orton was doing a lot of carrying last night.

Would would your pick be to take the title come either Royal Rumble, or more likely WM31?
      Undertaker
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2096: Aug 19, 2014 01:09:29 am
      I think they made Lesnar look so strong in beating Cena so they could afford not to have him on pay-per-views. Of course, you're tied to six months minimum with the network, so if you bought it for SummerSlam (as well as the price of $9.99), you've got the remainder of this year whether Lesnar is there or not.

If the quote above from Seth Rollins is real, then that ties into it.

I think they've made Lesnar look this strong so people are actually scared to get in the ring with him, therefore they can not have him appear on pay-per-view because nobody will face him. That way they can build up a couple of options for two or three of the pay-per-views between now and WrestleMania where Lesnar will drop the title to Reigns - only to have Rollins cash in, only to have Ambrose once again prevent him. Reigns then goes to thank Ambrose, who pushes it off and hits the Dirty Deeds setting up a match between them at Extreme Rules 2015. Lesnar rides off into the sunset not to be seen for another few months. Heyman ends up managing another floundering midcard act (my bet is on Bo Dallas)

Back to the title, Rollins cuts a promo saying he's actually gonna help Ambrose beat Reigns because every time he goes to cash in his contract, Ambrose is there to stop him. So the only way to stop Ambrose stopping Rollins, is to have Ambrose be the one who is cashed in on.

Ambrose wins the title at Extreme Rules, with help from Rollins. Reigns has his rematch at Payback and loses, again thanks to help from Seth Rollins. Rollins then knocks Ambrose out and cashes in. We then have a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Title at Money in the Bank where they allow Reigns to reign supreme.

Then, knock...knock...knock... I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you Roman. Bad News Barrett is back!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2097: Aug 19, 2014 08:20:27 am
      So we'll probably see Brock on tonights episode of Raw and then not see him again for a while.

Would love to see The Authority say to Brock, Ok thanks for bringing the Title back to us, now hand over the Titles and go off and do what you normally do, which is don't show up on any shows until an improtant PPV is due.

Gonna be sick to my stomach listening to the Seal (Paul Heyman) run his mouth off. Can't stand his voice.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2098: Aug 19, 2014 03:16:09 pm
      So looks like Ambrose might be off TV for a while to go and film one of WWE's straight-to-DVD movies. :(
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2099: Aug 19, 2014 07:14:13 pm
      Eat
      Sleep
      Suplex
      Repeat
      Suplex
      Repeat
      Suplex
      Repeat
      Suplex
      Repeat

>:D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2100: Aug 26, 2014 02:47:31 am
      Here's a thought;

Lesnar destroys Cena at Night of Champions and puts Cena on the shelf. Cena then returns as a surprise entrant at the Rumble in January. Cena wins the Rumble (again!!!) Cena therefore goes onto face Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. Cena wins (again!!!)
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2101: Aug 26, 2014 09:13:58 pm
      Here's a thought;

Lesnar destroys Cena at Night of Champions and puts Cena on the shelf. Cena then returns as a surprise entrant at the Rumble in January. Cena wins the Rumble (again!!!) Cena therefore goes onto face Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. Cena wins (again!!!)

I feel sick.

Thank god that it's not happening.
      Scottish Red Stu
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • Make Us Dream
      Reply #2102: Aug 28, 2014 07:27:27 pm
      Went right off the wrestling over last few months. Getting bit boring with the whole corporation thing. I'll give it a few months and I'll tune back in. I've been watching it week in week out for last 15 years. I look forward to watching raw after work on a Tuesday and I fast forward it and done within half hour.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2103: Aug 28, 2014 07:57:39 pm
      Went right off the wrestling over last few months. Getting bit boring with the whole corporation thing. I'll give it a few months and I'll tune back in. I've been watching it week in week out for last 15 years. I look forward to watching raw after work on a Tuesday and I fast forward it and done within half hour.

Let me help you condense that further: http://dean-ambrose.net/
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2104: Aug 30, 2014 04:33:10 pm
      Here's a thought;

If they do that I'm out. They received a lot of backlash last year from putting the wrong man over (Batista) and they had to change the Wrestlemania card because of this.

If they have Lesnar 'destroy' Cena again at NOC, it would be almost pointless but it can only mean Cena is going away for a while (movie role, current injuries). I can't see Lesnar carrying the belt to Wrestlemania, which is 8 months away, so I think he will be beaten soon.

I think IF Cena beats Lesnar at NOC, he will have done it by 'never giving up' but he would have nothing left after he had made the pin-fall.

And out comes Mr. Money in the Bank, Seth Rollins...

He cashes in, and the title returns to The Authority.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2105: Aug 30, 2014 04:36:31 pm
      If they do that I'm out. They received a lot of backlash last year from putting the wrong man over (Batista) and they had to change the Wrestlemania card because of this.

If they have Lesnar 'destroy' Cena again at NOC, it would be almost pointless but it can only mean Cena is going away for a while (movie role, current injuries). I can't see Lesnar carrying the belt to Wrestlemania, which is 8 months away, so I think he will be beaten soon.

I think IF Cena beats Lesnar at NOC, he will have done it by 'never giving up' but he would have nothing left after he had made the pin-fall.

He cashes in, and the title returns to the authority.

Would love to see Rollins as champ, imagine him and Ambrose feuding for the belt!

That said Lesnar is almost certainly holding to WM. Rumours are Vince wants Brock vs Rock and HHH wants Reigns to go over. The latter is much more appealing though still  :-\

I think Cena's career is closer to the end than many think too, he looks beaten to sh*t if you pay close attention. An average acting career coming soon.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2106: Aug 30, 2014 04:50:26 pm
      Would love to see Rollins as champ, imagine him and Ambrose feuding for the belt!

That said Lesnar is almost certainly holding to WM. Rumours are Vince wants Brock vs Rock and HHH wants Reigns to go over. The latter is much more appealing though still  :-\

I think Cena's career is closer to the end than many think too, he looks beaten to sh*t if you pay close attention. An average acting career coming soon.

That would take the Ambrose and Rollins feud to another level. That is the future of the company right there.

If Rollins took the belt I can see two scenarios:

1.) Ambrose returns and makes a strong challenge over the next two main PPV's (Hell in a Cell, Survivor Series).

2.) We see Randy Orton turning face and feuding with The Autority, finally gets his rematch for the belt.

I can definitely see Rock vs Brock at WM, but can you see another 'part-timer' taking the belt? I can't, it's not going to happen. It would be bad for business on a whole with the WWE World Heavyweight title barely present for over a year. That's why I feel it will be a separate rivalry away from the title.

We're more likely to see Reigns pushed in to the main event and as I said, he's far from ready.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2107: Aug 30, 2014 05:14:46 pm
      That would take the Ambrose and Rollins feud to another level. That is the future of the company right there.

If Rollins took the belt I can see two scenarios:

1.) Ambrose returns and makes a strong challenge over the next two main PPV's (Hell in a Cell, Survivor Series).

2.) We see Randy Orton turning face and feuding with The Autority, finally gets his rematch for the belt.

I can definitely see Rock vs Brock at WM, but can you see another 'part-timer' taking the belt? I can't, it's not going to happen. It would be bad for business on a whole with the WWE World Heavyweight title barely present for over a year. That's why I feel it will be a separate rivalry away from the title.

We're more likely to see Reigns pushed in to the main event and as I said, he's far from ready.

Fully agree Reigns will be pushed to main event, pretty confident it will be him vs Brock at WM in the end for the title. I think Rollins will cash in post Mania too but I worry that he might lose.

I don't think the part timer thing is a bad issue with Lesnar. Heyman can talk for him, seeing him and thus the belt is like a special occasion and he brings more legitimacy to the title than anyone else, whether because  he's the one in 21 and 1 or for his MMA exploits.

The Rock on the other hand would be stupid, as it was last time. An injury prone movie star coming back and winning is a joke compared to an MMA star that has only been 100% healthy in the last year.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2108: Sep 04, 2014 01:58:40 pm

He cashes in, and the title returns to The Authority.

I think the only way they can have Cena go over Lesnar this time is in a I Quit match, which would be the truest way to prove Cena doesn't give up. They could have Lesnar destroy him but Cena refusing to quit, then in one swift move have Cena lock in the STF for a sustained period until Lesnar has to quit. Lesnar gets up, hits the F5 after the match and Rollins cashes in.

Cena winning any other sort of match seems too far fetched, even for him, after SummerSlam.

As for Lesnar taking the belt to Mania, I think he will personally. But if he doesn't then I think it'll be a multi-man man where he doesn't have to lose to lose the title. That way he can piss off for a few months without actually being beaten. Maybe a 6 man hell in a cell match? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3YgIvcB1o

Lesnar, Cena, Kane, Orton, Reigns and Jericho (and then Rollins cashes in :laugh:)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2109: Sep 06, 2014 12:45:23 pm
      From WWF Magazine 1999 :laugh:

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2110: Sep 09, 2014 02:11:07 am
      What the F**k is "season premier of RAW"?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2111: Sep 09, 2014 08:37:11 am
      What the f**k is "season premier of RAW"?

A marketing gimmick.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2112: Sep 09, 2014 11:50:30 am
      Rollins taking 'narrowly escaping death' to a whole new level:

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2113: Sep 09, 2014 06:16:08 pm
      Boss RAW that.

Next week should be good as well with Lesnar in town.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2114: Sep 10, 2014 08:52:40 am
      Boss RAW that.

Next week should be good as well with Lesnar in town.

Yep was an awesome episode. Still don't get the Season Premier thing though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2115: Sep 10, 2014 11:32:46 pm
      Yep was an awesome episode. Still don't get the Season Premier thing though.

Me neither mate.

The only thing I found weird was the Joan Rivers tribute. Obviously she has a history with WWE but after her comments about Palestine, I thought they'd try to distance themselves from her just to protect their own image.

Quick Reply