Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

WWE

Read 266355 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2116: Sep 10, 2014 11:43:33 pm
      Sean O'Haire has passed away.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #2117: Sep 11, 2014 03:30:52 am
      RAW was ok this week. Better than previous weeks. Skipped over the whole bit with springer. Waste of time. Match of the night was the NXT tag match but it annoyed me how dead the crowd were for it. Can't wait to watch the NXT takeover especially with Kenta debuting. I can't wait for Prince Devitt to debut. He's going to be a breath of fresh air in NXT and especially wwe when he gets called to the main roster.

I know this isn't to do with WWE abs and I was considering making a new thread for it but wanted to see if there was any interest or support for it....does many of you go to British wrestling shows like PWE,PBW,PCW,BCW and my 2 personal favourite ICW and Fierce Females? There's loads more but at 3:30am they're the ones I could think of.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2118: Sep 11, 2014 07:01:18 am
      Me neither mate.

The only thing I found weird was the Joan Rivers tribute. Obviously she has a history with WWE but after her comments about Palestine, I thought they'd try to distance themselves from her just to protect their own image.

Must have fast forwarded the tribute mate, never saw it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2119: Sep 11, 2014 06:33:46 pm
      RAW was ok this week. Better than previous weeks. Skipped over the whole bit with springer. Waste of time. Match of the night was the NXT tag match but it annoyed me how dead the crowd were for it. Can't wait to watch the NXT takeover especially with Kenta debuting. I can't wait for Prince Devitt to debut. He's going to be a breath of fresh air in NXT and especially wwe when he gets called to the main roster.

I know this isn't to do with WWE abs and I was considering making a new thread for it but wanted to see if there was any interest or support for it....does many of you go to British wrestling shows like PWE,PBW,PCW,BCW and my 2 personal favourite ICW and Fierce Females? There's loads more but at 3:30am they're the ones I could think of.

I think the crowd were dead for the NXT match for a number of reasons.

One, there was no prior advisement for it. That instantly makes the match feel like the company don't care, so why should the fan? They should of announced it was gonna happen last week and got people excited for it. I'm assuming live they did but on telly they didn't even have  entrance music or any sort of in-ring announcing, which gives people no reason to care.

Two, a lot of RAW (and SmackDown) fans don't necessarily watch NXT. RAW/SmackDown are aimed at the kids who sell out arenas, NXT is for more mature fan base. Sami Zayn did get a murmur of Ole chants and Neville got some reaction.

Three, they didn't start the match with Adrian Neville. If they did, the crowd would of got excited instantly because of his skill and pace in the ring. But they wanted to keep him back for the finish by which time the fans had no reason to care much.

I don't blame the crowd for being dead, I blame WWE for not making the fans care for it.

As for the other point, I personally don't go to British wrestling shows. It's something that has never really excited me.

Must have fast forwarded the tribute mate, never saw it.

Didn't miss much.

Just Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper tweeting about how they love her. And a video package of her history within WWE. (if she isn't there already, wouldn't be surprised to see go into the Celeb Wing of the Hall of Fame next year)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #2120: Sep 14, 2014 12:37:15 am
      The Rock Talked About Just How Real His Feud With John Cena Got Before Their ā€˜Wrestlemaniaā€™ Showdown
      The World According To Julie J: By Any Means The Rock Talked About Just How Real His Feud With John Cena Got Before Their ā€˜Wrestlemaniaā€™ Showdown
      By Andrew Roberts / 09.13.14 #The Rock #Wwe
      | Tweet| Like 4.0k

WWE

For the most part, I think many knew that the animosity between Dwayne ā€œThe Rockā€ Johnson and John Cena before Wrestlemania 28 and 29 had a tinge of reality attached to it. It canā€™t be much of a surprise to fans, but there was never any real concrete proof, as with most things in the wrestling world.

The Rock discussed this rivalry in a new interview with Muscle And Fitness magazine and really didnā€™t hold back his feelings on Cena and how their edgy relationship was used to enhance the storyline:

M&F: So that was real. Youā€™re telling me thatā€™s real?

DJ: Yes, it was very real. When I came back, I needed something real to sink my teeth into, as a performer.

M&F: And why was that?

DJ: John had said some things in an interview that I took exception [in essence, that the Rock cared only about being an actor not about wrestling or WWE fans]. He felt they were okay, I felt that they werenā€™t okay. I also laughed it off years ago but it wasnā€™t until I came back and realized that the marquee match-up was going to be between he and I that I would take that edge that we hadā€”and letā€™s use it. So, we donā€™t have to hang out, we donā€™t have to be best friends, we wonā€™t be friends at all.

M&F: Well it worked, because I remember watching it and being like, ā€˜I think these guys really hate each other.ā€™ I just couldnā€™t separate it and it was really hard to figure out, and it was awesome to watch for that reason.

DJ: It got really uncomfortable for a lot of people. And it gets uncomfortable for the fansā€“that they sense something. But then when it gets uncomfortable for the wrestlers and to the executives and the company, then itā€™s something special.

M&F: Did it get there?

DJ: Right away. And it continued to build. And what happens in wrestling is anybody who is in a feud and anybody who is in a match, everybody knows what everybody is going say. In this case, we approached it differently.

Iā€™d say ā€˜John, hereā€™s what Iā€™m going to say tonight: Go f*ck yourself.ā€™ Heā€™d say, ā€˜Well, hereā€™s going to be my response: F*ck you too.ā€™ I mean, it was like that. And it was palpable for the fans, and it was palpable backstage. And I would never be like that under any other circumstance. Iā€™m collaborative with everyone I work with. And I take a lot of pride in that, and you know something? So is John. Heā€™s a great guy. Heā€™s one of the best guys out there, but hereā€™s what we realized: If we wanted to build the two biggest matchups back-to-back and create something special in Miami and in New York, weā€™re going to do it this way. And we might fail miserably at it. People might think itā€™s not real or you run into the challenge of the potential for people to go, ā€˜Itā€™s so real that itā€™s not real.ā€™ But in this case it worked out very well and through all that edge and attitude and bite that we had and nearly coming to blows backstage and one night in the ringā€”literally we were nose-to-nose, it was any second. And through that in a crazy, weird completely unexplained way, we became great buds.

Now sure, this could all be some sort of work for The Rock to return and defend his new buddy against Brock Lesnar. He even goes right into wanting to get back into the ring immediately in the interview. But itā€™s also a question Iā€™m sure he gets all the time. So who knows.

I would go more towards it being true. There seems to be that kind of mentality towards the wrestlers that manage to ā€œturn their backā€ on the business. I canā€™t speak from my experience obviously, but you read the reports on people like CM Punk and Batsita and it kinda shows a split in opinion. Common sense would point to that in any job that you feel youā€™re working hard to maintain. Why does someone else deserve the praise.

The entire interview is worth a look and Johnson talks about his toughest opponents (not John Cena), his role as Hercules, and the prospects of his involvement in an Expendables movie

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/09/the-rock-talked-about-just-how-real-his-feud-with-john-cena-got-before-their-wrestlemania-showdown/
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2121: Sep 16, 2014 12:55:08 am
      RAW coming to Liverpool in November.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #2122: Sep 16, 2014 01:06:48 am

You gonna go mate?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2123: Sep 16, 2014 01:39:00 am

Probs not la, got enough to spend me money on November as it is. :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #2124: Sep 16, 2014 02:09:43 am
      Probs not la, got enough to spend me money on November as it is. :laugh:

Will try and sort u some free tix mate. Me and Vinny Mac are besties.  :D

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2125: Sep 16, 2014 10:15:59 am
      They literally had that Cena v Lesnar promo during half-time of the NFL game. Pretty much confirming that anything before that was a waste of your time.

And they followed it with a Cameron v Naomi match :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2126: Sep 16, 2014 09:43:19 pm
      Will try and sort u some free tix mate. Me and Vinny Mac are besties.  :D

:laugh:

Nice one mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2127: Sep 22, 2014 02:03:50 pm
      Night of Champions was a belter...with an odd finish.

I suppose the DQ win for Cena leaves a third match between him and Lesnar open for Hell in a Cell.

Uso v Gold & Stardust was incredible. I've come to the conclusion that the Uso's are incapable of having a bad match. I've also come to the conclusion that this is the best either Goldust or Cody Rhodes have ever been. Their only problem could be they're supposedly heels now so what face team do they square off with? If we get the rematch at Hell in a Cell though, we're guaranteed at least one great match.

Sheamus against Cesaro was as good as anything I've seen this year. Sheamus gets a raw deal from some fans but the fella constantly puts on great matches. Cesaro too just added another classic to his long list of them. They didn't have a great deal of story going into the match but F**k me they delivered. Not sure where either of them go from here. (wouldn't surprise me if we see a rematch on tonight's RAW)

Ziggler against Miz was better than the commentators gave it credit for. All they banged on was about Florida Georgia Line (an ok band by the way) who were at ringside - why I don't know. The result was also a bit daft in my eyes. Why take the IC Title off Miz at SummerSlam just have to him win it back at Night of Champions, a month later. This is why the title is losing it's prestige because reigns are so short. Damien Mizdow remains quality though (R-Ziggler not so much)

Seth Rollins v Roman Reigns. Reigns is lying in an ozzy bed after a hernia op. Rollins wins via countout. Rollins throws out an open challenge to anybody in the back. One man answers the call - Dean Ambrose. He's back. The little scuffle between them wasn't as good as some of their previous scraps. Hopefully at Hell in a Cell they get to face each other and we get to enjoy it. They can't mess this one up - can they?

Henry v Rusev was ok but on a night of excellent matches, this one looked worse than it was. Henry blubbered during the American anthem before the match. Rusev still beat him though. Rumours have it WWE want to turn Wyatt face, this was the opportunity to do it in my eyes. As Rusev is celebrating, the lights go out, Wyatt on the titantron and "America - I'm here" He can talk about saving his America rather than the usual patriotic USA rhetoric.

Orton v Jericho both showed their class and experience. I've never been the biggest fan of either of these but they done well here. Two veterans showing how to keep the fans interested even when there's nothing at all riding on the match. No title, no future title shots, no national pride, nothing. Just go out and fight. And they did that. Nice spot to end the match as well.

Paige v AJ v Nikki Bella was alright as far as divas matches go. Nikki did her bits well and allowed the majority of the wrestling to be done between AJ and Paige. I feel a bit like I did with the IC Title match here though. Why have Paige win at SummerSlam just to lose to AJ at Night of Champions? If AJ had beat Nikki it wouldn't of been so bad but to make Paige be the one who tapped out was strange. They've got the basis of a good feud between these two but so far they've messed it up.

Lesnar v Cena was good but the ending was sh*t. That's all that needs to be said really.

Overall the pay-per-view was good. The WWE have really got a good roster now and should be producing quality pay-per-views on a regular basis now.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2128: Sep 22, 2014 10:17:48 pm
      Right now we're at that point in the year where they just refuse to let feuds die. Miz/Ziggler, AJ/Paige, Cena/Lesnar, Rollins/Ambrose, Sandow/His dignity

It will be interesting to see where they take things from tonight.

Will they run with an angle about Rollins curbstomping Lesnar or just forget it happened like they are very well known to do.

What about AJ/Paige, how do they freshen up that storyline? It's been all over the place really.

Cesaro is coming off a title loss. Will they build a real feud this time with him and Sheamus?

Bray is doing F**k all - ditto for Orton.

Rusev will need something new to crush before his inevitable fall to Cena.

Fandango is not on my tv any more (more importantly Layla/Summer aren't either).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2129: Sep 23, 2014 01:12:37 am
      Good start to RAW that.

Looks like we'll Kane & Orton against Ambrose & Cena though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2130: Oct 01, 2014 12:24:07 pm
      Looks like we'll Kane & Orton against Ambrose & Cena though.

I was a week out :laugh:

Looks like another case where somebody is wildly over with the crowd (Ambrose) and they're throwing Cena next to him to leach off that support. I'll be F***ing pissed if they have Ambrose lose to Rollins only for Rollins to then lose to Cena. Ambrose deserves the win.

Although, I'm still hoping for a 6 man in Hell in a Cell. All the components and stories are there. They're all intertwining with one another. Lesnar, Cena, Ambrose, Rollins, Kane and Orton. That'd be a cracker in my opinion.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2131: Oct 01, 2014 04:19:33 pm
      I was a week out :laugh:

Looks like another case where somebody is wildly over with the crowd (Ambrose) and they're throwing Cena next to him to leach off that support. I'll be f**king pissed if they have Ambrose lose to Rollins only for Rollins to then lose to Cena. Ambrose deserves the win.

Although, I'm still hoping for a 6 man in Hell in a Cell. All the components and stories are there. They're all intertwining with one another. Lesnar, Cena, Ambrose, Rollins, Kane and Orton. That'd be a cracker in my opinion.
      A repeat of the Armageddon Hell in the Cell match would be awesome. Just a bunch of main event level guys putting on one hell of a Cell match with some crazy spots.

On a lesser note: there's rumours of the Bella's having a Cell match of their own - I've never wanted the dirtsheets to be more wrong about anything before.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2132: Oct 01, 2014 11:14:37 pm
      A repeat of the Armageddon Hell in the Cell match would be awesome. Just a bunch of main event level guys putting on one hell of a Cell match with some crazy spots.

It would also free up other spots on the card for a couple of other decent matches.

On a lesser note: there's rumours of the Bella's having a Cell match of their own - I've never wanted the dirtsheets to be more wrong about anything before.

To be fair, that's probably the only way they could keep the fans attention. Trying to watch them actually wrestle would drive everyone away. At least the cage gives them something to work with.

Also, can I just say how I love how we've gone from;

To this;

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2133: Oct 05, 2014 10:11:16 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2134: Oct 06, 2014 12:10:39 pm
      Been reading a couple of rumours saying they're gonna have Ambrose v Cena open up Hell in a Cell with the winning facing Rollins in the cell as the main event, while the loser gets a match with Orton.

That should not happen under any circumstances unless they're gonna put Ambrose over and then have Orton punt Cena so he's out for the next few months.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2135: Oct 07, 2014 05:30:47 pm
      Woah. Brooklyn was hot last night after The Rock showed up. Surprised it isn't always like that considering it's still in New York.

The show kinda sucked until that moment. Was awesome from there on though. Ambrose is worth watching the show every week. :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2136: Oct 07, 2014 10:09:18 pm
      How can the Miz be so sh*t to watch but his stunt double be hilarious? Sandow is boss.

Ambrose better beat Cena at Hell in a Cell.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2137: Oct 07, 2014 11:39:39 pm
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2138: Oct 08, 2014 10:09:07 am
      The Rumble match will be 40 man again this year. Opens up the door to NXT guys and surprise entrants.

Oh, and it will take place in Philly so the crowd's going to be super hot.

Quick Reply