Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

WWE

Read 266415 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2254: Dec 15, 2014 03:53:35 am
      They do love stupid finishes don't they
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2255: Dec 15, 2014 09:09:21 pm
      Apparently the main roster is pissed with the direction the company is going and want HHH to take over on the main show. Cena held a talent only meeting and said any kind of protest wouldn't be in the best interest of them (mainly him, I'm guessing) and to go out and perform to the best of their ability instead. Cause that works, right?

Either way, it's obvious to the talent and fans that the current product absolutely blows. This goes from Vince being deluded into thinking that what he thinks would work in the 80s is what works now, to the writers that haven't a clue - heard that there is one main NXT writer that works on SD and RAW in a small role - well it's time to step that guy up! Also commentators constantly shitting on matches, wrestlers and everything. JBL just roots for whomever he pleases, heel or not. King is just weird. Cole needs to start being unbiased and call the way JR did.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2256: Dec 15, 2014 11:06:22 pm
      Apparently the main roster is pissed with the direction the company is going and want HHH to take over on the main show. Cena held a talent only meeting and said any kind of protest wouldn't be in the best interest of them (mainly him, I'm guessing) and to go out and perform to the best of their ability instead. Cause that works, right?

Either way, it's obvious to the talent and fans that the current product absolutely blows. This goes from Vince being deluded into thinking that what he thinks would work in the 80s is what works now, to the writers that haven't a clue - heard that there is one main NXT writer that works on SD and RAW in a small role - well it's time to step that guy up! Also commentators constantly shitting on matches, wrestlers and everything. JBL just roots for whomever he pleases, heel or not. King is just weird. Cole needs to start being unbiased and call the way JR did.

They clearly need a new direction but as long as Cena is calling the shots at the top then he's going to be the number one man and we'll be stuck with this current era of a totally sh*t show. Cena clearly has the pull, creatively, to do whatever he wants. His constant burying of talent, his constant involvement in the title picture and his constant overcoming the odds has gone on too long.

Punk's now famous promo where he said WWE would be better when Vince dies is spot on. (not that I wish death on anybody). I know he then said it'd be sh*t cos Triple H would run the show, but looking at what he's done at NXT proves that he knows how to run a show. They need Vince to just F**k off basically because he cares about the money whereas Triple H looks to care about the product. Even the Attitude Era, Vince only changed for money because of how much he was losing to WCW.

On the commentary, King needs to go. I know he wants to so they should just let him go. JBL I like but can see why people wouldn't. I think he tries to put over stories that he wants and then just shits on others. Like he puts over Mizdow but then shits all over the bunny (which is a daft story to be a fair). Cole should be fired. He's F***ing useless. Like I said on TLC last night, he builds no suspense at all. I remember reading once that JR didn't want to know the results of the matches, so he could call them naturally. They could do with going back to that sort of thinking. So when somebody kicks out, it's a surprise to the commentary team as well.

I understand they've gotta promote the network, the app, twitter and everything else every five minutes. But people would be more inclined to buy the network if the wrestling stories were put over and made to feel important.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2257: Dec 16, 2014 01:00:02 am
      The thing I don't get about their advertising is that they are doing it to their own audience. I've heard numerous times from Americans that the network is never advertised anywhere outside WWE programming. If they really wanted their Attitude Era fans to come back for nostalgia sake they should be buying commercial spots on NFL games and elsewhere with that demo.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2258: Dec 16, 2014 01:05:11 am
      There's a cage above the ring.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2259: Dec 16, 2014 01:39:17 am
      Rowan jobbing to Big Show again. Okay then...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2260: Dec 16, 2014 02:11:11 am
      Rowan jobbing to Big Show again. Okay then...

Just about to come on and say the same thing.

Rowan burried before he even got going.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2261: Dec 16, 2014 02:27:08 am
      The Ascension are on their way.

Bout time too.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2262: Dec 16, 2014 11:43:50 am
      Well that was boring

Aimless

Have I missed NXT takeover? It wasn't on last Friday
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2263: Dec 16, 2014 01:40:54 pm
      Have I missed NXT takeover? It wasn't on last Friday
      Can always watch it online: http://watchwrestling.ch/watch-wwe-nxt-takeover-r-evolution-2014/

Just about to come on and say the same thing.

Rowan burried before he even got going.
      And they are just going to use Big Shows momentum to put Reigns over. They could have done that without sacrificing Rowan
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2264: Dec 16, 2014 02:29:48 pm
      Thanks Skyline, I did look but couldn't find it
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2265: Dec 17, 2014 12:55:09 am
      Rowan jobbed to Big Show for the third night in a row. They are burying him hard
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2266: Dec 17, 2014 06:46:36 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2267: Dec 17, 2014 06:51:44 pm
      And they are just going to use Big Shows momentum to put Reigns over. They could have done that without sacrificing Rowan

Rowan must of fu**ed somebody off backstage.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2268: Dec 18, 2014 01:48:03 am
      The Art of Wrestling podcast with Cesaro/Claudio Castagnoli is very funny.

People say Cesaro lacks the mic skills to make it as big as he should be, that podcast suggests otherwise. If they turned him face and let him be funny on the mic, he'd be huge.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2269: Dec 18, 2014 03:20:22 am
      Rowan must of fu**ed somebody off backstage.
      Getting the Cesaro treatment.

'You're too over and you're not meant to be, dammit! Now go out there and look like the worthless sh*t you are.. but make the slow and ageing Big Show look GREAT. Because we need Roman to look REALLY GREAT!  >:D'
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2270: Dec 19, 2014 11:08:18 pm
      How the F**k are Punk and Zack Ryder mates?

That's a proper odd couple there.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2271: Dec 20, 2014 01:43:14 pm
      How the f**k are Punk and Zack Ryder mates?

That's a proper odd couple there.
      Guess Punk liked they way Ryder used his fans and got a push around the time he and Bryan did.

Raw - CM Punk, Bryan and Ryder celebrate their victories at WWE TLC
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2272: Dec 22, 2014 04:39:25 pm
      God help him.

Quote from: PWI
      We noted before that WWE creative was working on a new gimmick for Adrian Neville on the main roster. PWInsider reports that the gimmick was described as being “Mighty Mouse-esque” which is a reference to the cartoon character.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2273: Dec 30, 2014 12:11:08 am
      Bryan to make an announcement tonight on RAW.

'Everyone comes to a crossroads in their life and I’ve come to mine. I look forward to telling you all about it tonight on #Raw.'

Hopefully it's not his retirement and that he's competing in the rumble :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2274: Dec 30, 2014 01:01:41 am
      Starting with Edge's retirement speech so it could be.

Though I think Edge is back for the night. Just seemed an odd way to show Edge was gonna be the guest host.

Edge still looks odd with short hair.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #2275: Dec 30, 2014 01:05:34 am
      The crowd clearly don't know who Edge is or the old Edge and Christian schtik.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2276: Dec 30, 2014 01:19:55 am
      The crowd clearly don't know who Edge is or the old Edge and Christian schtik.
      Crowds will only get younger and more clueless the more they target that demo. You know, the demo that buy the network. Oh wait..

Quick Reply