Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 704709 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The Best Film You Have Seen Recently
      Reply #207: Feb 05, 2008 10:57:34 pm
      Last night watched 'The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters'.

Ms Gerrard....if you like a film that makes you think afterwards check out 'No county for old men'....it will baffle you! Also plenty of edge of the seat drama and gore..

Cheers Lester, I will give that one a try :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #208: Feb 06, 2008 12:29:50 am
      Cheers Lester, I will give that one a try :)

You'll never call the toss of a coin again.  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #209: Feb 06, 2008 12:33:26 am
      You'll never call the toss of a coin again.  ;)

Oh my......have you seen it then Kenny? is it good.....you've got me thinking now with the toss of a coin :-\
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #210: Feb 06, 2008 12:50:00 am
      Oh my......have you seen it then Kenny?

Have a look at a few posts above MsG on the last page.  ;) I'm sure you'll like it if you like films that make you think. The toss of a coin is only a tiny part of the jigsaw.......
      MsGerrard
      Reply #211: Feb 06, 2008 12:56:57 am
      Have a look at a few posts above MsG on the last page.  ;) I'm sure you'll like it if you like films that make you think. The toss of a coin is only a tiny part of the jigsaw.......

I'm intrigued now Kenny.....This film sounds GOOD, although I don't like the look of that man, he looks rather evil and a bit wicked, I think I might be having nightmares, but I like being scared........I like the adrenaline rush, got to see this film now, out on the razz Friday night so will watch it Saturday night and let you know what I think :o

So have you watched it again then Kenny?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #212: Feb 06, 2008 03:39:57 pm
      YAY I have 'I am legend' err available to watch now so will watch it soon :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #213: Feb 06, 2008 07:57:04 pm
      Still got to see 'I am Legend'.....keep getting distracted by some other top flicks....

Just watched 'Sunshine'.....the movie directed by Danny Boyle......great movie....just wish it was a little better explained in parts or slightly more suspenseful in others. Got to hear it real loud and in the dark.....what was the 'dumb' asian character in previously?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #214: Feb 07, 2008 12:11:31 pm
      Even though I have never been a fan of Sly (except for Copland) he does make in your face escapism films and the latest in the Rambo series is no exception, it wont be winning any Oscars and I couldn’t help thinking shouldn’t that blue b**tard be content with drawing his pension and injecting himself with monkey glands or budgie spit or something! ;D

Insults aside if you like a well made action film where you don’t have to keep explaining the plot to your Mrs then this is for you as although it still couldn’t hold a candle to First Blood it is in my opinion better than some of the sequels he delivered.

Sly is a snake catcher (of course he is) who has to take some missionaries up river (painful!) to help bring religion to the Burmese jungle, whilst there all hell breaks loose and all sorts of mayhem ensues, if im honest it is definitely one of the bloodiest Rambo films with body parts flying off all over the place.
      So if you like action films and want to chill out for a bit without having to think too much this is for you but be warned a "No Country For Old Men” it aint!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #215: Feb 07, 2008 02:53:59 pm
      Even though I have never been a fan of Sly (except for Copland) he does make in your face escapism films and the latest in the Rambo series is no exception, it wont be winning any Oscars and I couldn’t help thinking shouldn’t that blue b**tard be content with drawing his pension and injecting himself with monkey glands or budgie spit or something! ;D

Insults aside if you like a well made action film where you don’t have to keep explaining the plot to your Mrs then this is for you as although it still couldn’t hold a candle to First Blood it is in my opinion better than some of the sequels he delivered.

Sly is a snake catcher (of course he is) who has to take some missionaries up river (painful!) to help bring religion to the Burmese jungle, whilst there all hell breaks loose and all sorts of mayhem ensues, if im honest it is definitely one of the bloodiest Rambo films with body parts flying off all over the place.
      So if you like action films and want to chill out for a bit without having to think too much this is for you but be warned a "No Country For Old Men” it aint!

I watched Rambo the other night. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Me and 5 mates all sat around in ours in front of the telly and got pissed paid money to see the film legitamately and were amazed at just how gory and non-sensical it was! :D Defintely one to think for you rather than a deep, thought inducing 'pelicula del mundo!' ;)
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #216: Feb 07, 2008 09:58:50 pm

I love the films that make me think about anything serious and important. When you watch and understhand that your problems are nothing in comparing with something bigger and really important. I used to watch such films in cinema, when I lived in Minsk. I hope to restore that tradition in the future.
      One of such films as I remember is translated from Russion into English as English Gardener. I don't know if it looks the same in English variant.
      Film is about some problems with medicaments in Africa.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #217: Feb 24, 2008 11:07:08 pm
      Collateral. Never seen it before and just watched it. Thought it was really good. Tom Cruise is one nasty piece of work in that film.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #218: Feb 25, 2008 11:03:15 pm
      Finally watched The Last King Of Scotland the other day. A very good film with an excellent performance from Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #219: Feb 25, 2008 11:14:05 pm
      Collateral. Never seen it before and just watched it. Thought it was really good. Tom Cruise is one nasty piece of work in that film.

That's one of my faves.

Just watched The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler.  First time I've seen it for about 8 years.  Love it.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #220: Feb 25, 2008 11:18:21 pm
      Just watched High School Musical 2. Love it :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #221: Feb 25, 2008 11:55:44 pm
      Just watched The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler.  First time I've seen it for about 8 years.  Love it.

Quality film! That fella with the Flock of Seagulls hair cut at the airport always cracks me up!  :D :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #222: Feb 26, 2008 12:08:08 am
      Anyone seen 'Top Secret' recently? Has to one of the greatest spoof movie's ever.....Val Kilmer is awesome in it. Now thats a great comedy
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #223: Feb 26, 2008 12:17:23 am
      Will look out for that one Lester. Haven't seen a decent comedy for a little while. You seen The Bucket List? Was expecting that to be more on the comedy side but instead you get caught up in the message it sends out....

See No Country For Old Men done well last night.  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #224: Feb 26, 2008 12:46:57 am

See No Country For Old Men done well last night.  ;)

Won four Oscars didn't it Kenny :)

Bet they were well happy ;D
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #225: Feb 26, 2008 06:25:10 pm
      The Great Debaters - Denzel Washington & Forrest Whitaker - Powerful story line
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #226: Feb 26, 2008 06:26:40 pm
      Anyone seen 'Top Secret' recently? Has to one of the greatest spoof movie's ever.....Val Kilmer is awesome in it. Now thats a great comedy

Is this the 'Top Secret' by Barbara Streisand?
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #227: Feb 26, 2008 07:44:00 pm
      Watched Clerks ll last nite on sky, if you don't find it funny your nothin but a Porch Monkey
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #228: Feb 26, 2008 10:02:40 pm
      No soledee...its not Babs?!.....Top Secret....comedy....movi e....val kilmer.....classic.....a s good as the Airplane films.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #229: Feb 26, 2008 10:06:03 pm
      Everyone....get up from your laptops, grab your coat, visit your nearest Cinema and watch '300'...then get back to me....reviews wanted!

One of those films that I would say 'seen it all before'.

Quick Reply