Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699532 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #4646: Nov 06, 2015 12:52:08 pm
      Really enjoyed Ant Man, another cracker from the Marvel universe.

Funny, with just the right amount of silly and some great action scenes.

Was a pretty decent flick yo be honest, better than Avengers 2... Boring as F**k that was.

Watched Whiplash for the first time last night after the footy, what a film.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4647: Nov 06, 2015 12:56:35 pm
      Was a pretty decent flick yo be honest, better than Avengers 2... Boring as F**k that was.

Watched Whiplash for the first time last night after the footy, what a film.

I don't think there's been a Marvel film I haven't liked.
      OK, the first Thor one wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it.

I hope I'm not turning into a fanboy at my age  :laugh:

Might have a look for Whiplash later, it looks like a good film.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4648: Nov 06, 2015 03:06:17 pm
      Really enjoyed Ant Man, another cracker from the Marvel universe.

Funny, with just the right amount of silly and some great action scenes.

Love Ant Man. One of may favourites of that year.

And as Shabs says mate you have to see Whiplash. Great film.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4649: Nov 06, 2015 05:20:10 pm
      Just back from Spectre.

Great Bond movie and a great film in general with some very good action sequences and a more witty script than the previous Craig 007 films but as good as it is it just isn't Skyfall.

Christophe Waltz is good as the villlian but I was a little underwhelmed with him and he wasn't a patch on Javier Bardem's ludicrously over the top Silva. Ben Wishaw is brilliant as Q and builds on the role he began in the previous film while Naomi Harris Moneypenny was almost a side character this time.

Probably a little unfair to compare it to Skyfall as for me it is the ultimate 007 film and Spectre does stand out as a fantastic film on it's own just had a tough act to follow.

Yep, SPOILER  Stop reading if you have not seen the film:

Obviously Blofeld will be in the next film, or why develop his face?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4650: Nov 08, 2015 12:11:22 pm
      Enjoyed Whiplash.
      Good film.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4651: Nov 08, 2015 12:31:49 pm
      Really enjoyed Spectre, fun film and really liked the nods to old Bond movies.

Who do we think the next Bond will be?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4652: Nov 08, 2015 12:41:09 pm

Loved Shaffer's language ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4653: Nov 08, 2015 12:48:02 pm

You mean Fletcher?
      The conductor?
      I think Schaefer was the school, but yeah his cursing was pretty good  :laugh:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4654: Nov 08, 2015 01:32:03 pm
      You mean Fletcher?
      The conductor?
      I think Schaefer was the school, but yeah his cursing was pretty good  :laugh:

Yes mate Fletcher, Simmons is a great actor & that role suited him down to a T.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4655: Nov 08, 2015 01:44:58 pm
      Yes mate Fletcher, Simmons is a great actor & that role suited him down to a T.

Yep, he was excellent :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4656: Nov 09, 2015 01:24:06 am
      Whiplash is indeed brilliant, watched it a few times now and only gets better. Simmons was fantastic, as was Teller.

Anyone seen The Lobster? Loved it myself.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4657: Nov 09, 2015 05:02:57 am
      Whiplash is easily one of my favorite films ever. Not saying it's the best thing ever made but I enjoyed it immensely, in part because I had so little expectations, having watched it at a mate's house and not even being aware what the film was about before it started. I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed it, the superb acting, the quality music on it - everything is just top class.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4658: Nov 22, 2015 12:10:08 am
      Just watched Spy tonight.

Hilarious and although Melissa McCarthy is the star, and brilliant, I also thought that rest of the cast, Jason Statham and Rose Byrne in particular, were also excellent in this.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4659: Nov 22, 2015 01:20:19 pm

Zoolander 2 doesn’t arrive in theaters until next year but its recently released trailer is creating a bit of a stir.

An online petition created by Sarah Rose is urging for a boycott of the Ben Stiller film because of a new character played by Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch, a supermodel named “All.”

Rose writes, “In the Zoolander 2 trailer, an androgynous character played by Benedict Cumberbatch is asked by Zoolander and Hansel if he is a ‘male or female model,’ and if they ‘have a hot dog or a bun.’ Additionally, Cumberbatch’s character is clearly portrayed as an over-the-top, cartoonish mockery of androgyne/trans/non-binary individuals. This is the modern equivalent of using blackface to represent a minority.”

So far, Rose’s petition has more than 5,800 signatures.

Paramount Pictures did not respond to EW’s request for comment. Zoolander 2 is out on Feb. 12. Check out the trailer below.

World has gone mad.

This is acceptance, no one should be above being made fun of. I don't see any complaints about the satire regarding the entire modelling industry which most of the movie is about, but no you can't make fun of anything transgender? That's positive discrimination which in my eyes is just as bad.

Being PC now is simply an excuse to be a moaning c**t and I'm glad the world is slowly and surely seeing through the bullshit. I hope this makes more people go and see what should be an amazing movie.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4660: Nov 22, 2015 01:28:17 pm

Zoolander 2 doesn’t arrive in theaters until next year but its recently released trailer is creating a bit of a stir.

An online petition created by Sarah Rose is urging for a boycott of the Ben Stiller film because of a new character played by Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch, a supermodel named “All.”

Rose writes, “In the Zoolander 2 trailer, an androgynous character played by Benedict Cumberbatch is asked by Zoolander and Hansel if he is a ‘male or female model,’ and if they ‘have a hot dog or a bun.’ Additionally, Cumberbatch’s character is clearly portrayed as an over-the-top, cartoonish mockery of androgyne/trans/non-binary individuals. This is the modern equivalent of using blackface to represent a minority.”

So far, Rose’s petition has more than 5,800 signatures.

Paramount Pictures did not respond to EW’s request for comment. Zoolander 2 is out on Feb. 12. Check out the trailer below.

World has gone mad.

This is acceptance, no one should be above being made fun of. I don't see any complaints about the satire regarding the entire modelling industry which most of the movie is about, but no you can't make fun of anything transgender? That's positive discrimination which in my eyes is just as bad.

Being PC now is simply an excuse to be a moaning c**t and I'm glad the world is slowly and surely seeing through the bullshit. I hope this makes more people go and see what should be an amazing movie.

Caitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year by one of those women's/fashion mags. The husband of the woman who won it posthumously in 2001 (she died on 9/11) sent the award back saying that it was a disgrace that women who had done far more - your doctors, scientists, nurses, philanthropists, were overlooked for that horrific and patronising media/PC cause. It's a disgrace and Jenner is nothing more than an attention seeking reality tv seeking low life. There have been plenty who have in the past gone through transgender and yet they have been ignored. Why?

So horrifying has the Jenner pandering been that she has pretty much gotten away with causing death by dangerous driving.

I can't really stand it to be honest. Next time I watch The League of Gentleman I won't even be allowed to laugh at the Bab's Cabs sketches (the character played/voiced by Steve Pemberton who's going through a transgender phase) because those wankers have suddenly made transgender an issue we should 'all' care about. I couldn't give two shits about it to be honest. If a man wants to be a woman or vice versa - fine. But stop shoving it into my face thinking I have to make it priority issue number 1 ahead of far more important issues around this world where these matters are consigned to pure trivia. Transgender issue are a first world cause - no more, no less. I don't think in starving dry lands of Africa they're fighting for this? I don't think those oppressed by vile regimes like IS are fighting for their freedom and rights with this included within such fights? Is it a universal cause that seeks to address the real problems in society and in the world? I doubt it. For that - they can get fu**ed.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4661: Nov 23, 2015 06:59:31 pm
      Saw Spectre this past weekend. I actually didn't think that much of it, to be honest. I found it a touch disappointing with fairly typical action sequences and a weak plot. It was still good -- is there anything worse than virtually all of Roger Moore's movies or Pierce Brosnan's last two? -- but it definitely didn't come close to matching Daniel Craig's other three Bond films.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4662: Nov 23, 2015 09:19:33 pm
      Haven't seen Spectre but I thought they should have finished at Skyfall.
      It seemed like the story had come to it's natural conclusion, for Daniel Craig's Bond.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4663: Nov 28, 2015 01:48:47 pm
      Just seen Spectre. Meh, think Sam Mendes has hijacked it and taken the wrong turn with Bond.

Thought Skyfall was ordinary too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1192 
      Reply #4664: Nov 28, 2015 02:04:34 pm
      Just seen Spectre. Meh, think Sam Mendes has hijacked it and taken the wrong turn with Bond.

Thought Skyfall was ordinary too.

I thought Skyfall was one of the best Bond films myself. Spectre for me wasn't at that level, lacking in plot depth as it did, but was still a well executed film and IMO a solid 7/10.

Just curious but which Bond films do you rate??
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4665: Nov 28, 2015 02:22:28 pm
      I thought Skyfall was one of the best Bond films myself. Spectre for me wasn't at that level, lacking in plot depth as it did, but was still a well executed film and IMO a solid 7/10.

Just curious but which Bond films do you rate??

Live & Let Die, Never Say Never Again, Dr. No et al
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4666: Dec 07, 2015 12:27:03 pm
      Inside Out.

Animation perfection.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4667: Dec 16, 2015 01:14:56 pm
      Just watched The Ridiculous 6. I don't re ally know what to say! It's definitely ridiculous, a lot of moments that made me chuckle, a sh*te load of cameos from A list actors too.
      I was expecting a Blazing Saddles type of western, it's not destined to be a classic on that level, but if you don't mind the silliness it's worth a watch.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4668: Dec 16, 2015 01:17:43 pm
      The Martian.

Worth a watch.

Quick Reply