Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699784 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #4922: Aug 10, 2016 04:59:15 pm
      Love it especially the closing scenes with The Nationals About Today playing.

Yep, have to agree there. Perfect track for the closing scenes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #4923: Aug 10, 2016 05:47:32 pm
      Just watched Warrior with Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte and Joel Edgerton. Seems to be a fairly underrated film looking online, but I loved it. Great acting is what made this film for me. (Trailer contains oodles of spoilers, I'd recommend just watching the film instead!)

Love that film, keep saying it but love the scene when Tommy comes into fight (having no backing music) and all the Marines get up and start singing their anthem as his entrance music.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4924: Aug 10, 2016 09:45:45 pm
      Love that film, keep saying it but love the scene when Tommy comes into fight (having no backing music) and all the Marines get up and start singing their anthem as his entrance music.

Defo! I'm so surprised that it didn't do so well in terms of money grossed.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4925: Aug 21, 2016 06:11:54 pm
      Seen Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman and Creed recently... three films that fell well below expectations for me. Well maybe not Creed, that was exactly what you expect from the Rocky production line, same recipe as always, if anything it all felt very rushed.

Batman vs Superman is one I've avoided for the guts of a year and I could have gone on without it. Terrible pacing, some parts get dragged out far too much then others, that feel like they have more relevance to the whole story arc, are just rushed through. The story itself was pretty poor, and as Suicide Squad helped back up, you feel that they're just making these movies for the sake of it now. A far cry from Nolans gritty and real movies.

Suicide Squad was a huge disappointment for me, I won't go into too much detail to avoid spoilers but it was nothing like I expected in a very bad way. The combination of the two films means I have no interest in Justice League or whatever else they have planed for DC.

In the middle of these movies Gladiator was on TV last week just to serve as a reference point, one they all fell drastically far behind.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4926: Aug 28, 2016 10:46:12 pm
      Watched War Dogs just there.

Enjoyed it. Directed by Todd Phillips (Hangover trilogy) and I thought it had a nice mix of comedy to make it an enjoyable movie.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4927: Aug 28, 2016 10:56:24 pm
      Seen Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman and Creed recently... three films that fell well below expectations for me. Well maybe not Creed, that was exactly what you expect from the Rocky production line, same recipe as always, if anything it all felt very rushed.

Batman vs Superman is one I've avoided for the guts of a year and I could have gone on without it. Terrible pacing, some parts get dragged out far too much then others, that feel like they have more relevance to the whole story arc, are just rushed through. The story itself was pretty poor, and as Suicide Squad helped back up, you feel that they're just making these movies for the sake of it now. A far cry from Nolans gritty and real movies.

Suicide Squad was a huge disappointment for me, I won't go into too much detail to avoid spoilers but it was nothing like I expected in a very bad way. The combination of the two films means I have no interest in Justice League or whatever else they have planed for DC.

In the middle of these movies Gladiator was on TV last week just to serve as a reference point, one they all fell drastically far behind.

Completely agree on Batman v Superman. One of the worst action hero movies in a long time for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4928: Aug 29, 2016 01:57:11 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMiCGzkMIg

A brilliant HD version of Steven Spielberg's Duel uploaded onto youtube here better than the DVD version I own! Remember seeing it for the first time as a 10 year old, thinking it being the best film I had ever seen. Love it!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4929: Aug 29, 2016 09:29:24 pm
      Watched War Dogs just there.

Enjoyed it. Directed by Todd Phillips (Hangover trilogy) and I thought it had a nice mix of comedy to make it an enjoyable movie.

I watched this yesterday and I also enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised by the comedy value in a film primarily about arms dealing.

7.5/10
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4930: Aug 29, 2016 09:43:53 pm
      I watched this yesterday and I also enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised by the comedy value in a film primarily about arms dealing.

7.5/10

Leads me on to watchig Lord of War which I've never seen, will probably give it a glance tomorrow night.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #4931: Aug 29, 2016 10:30:48 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMiCGzkMIg

A brilliant HD version of Steven Spielberg's Duel uploaded onto youtube here better than the DVD version I own! Remember seeing it for the first time as a 10 year old, thinking it being the best film I had ever seen. Love it!

Great film.

Watched Straight Outta Compton last night.

Really enjoyable film.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #4932: Sep 01, 2016 04:41:02 pm
      Hahahaha quite a funny pisstake and good idea all at same time!

Official "Thor: Ragnarok" What Thor & Hulk Was Doing During Captain America Civil War Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #4933: Sep 26, 2016 07:08:28 pm
      Had a wee run of Fincher movies over the last night or so.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Gone Girl

The Social Network.

All fantastic films and for me Fincher is on a great run but the standout is The Social Network.

A modern classic and I could watch it again and again.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4934: Oct 03, 2016 05:04:51 pm
      Watched the infiltrator last night,
      A U.S. Customs official uncovers a money laundering scheme involving Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. Bryan Cranston goes undercover to try and implicate those involved..
      Good but not brilliant true story, which in reality took place over a 10 year timeframe, but the timescale wasn't very well observed in the film so it was hard to know when things were happening, it could have all been in a single month for all we knew. Like a lot of recent films or shied away from the classic Tony Scott-esque caption showing the location, march of time, stuff like that, so it got a little confusing when characters were introduced then bumped off. Ok I know find shouldn't be spoon fed but it would take a couple of viewings to register all those Latino names.
      What it did well was the feeling that Bryan Cranston, his pretend fiancée Diane Kruger, and his colleague John Leguizamo were in constant danger, that Pablo Escobar's minion's were living in a different world and could torture and murder whoever they wanted, and the acting was top notch from all concerned (even Daniel Mays was in it, for about 30 seconds), but it could have been so much better considering the talent involved,but none the less it is a very watchable film and recommended.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4935: Oct 04, 2016 05:33:37 am
      Watched the new Ghostbusters movie, very disappointing, should never have been re-made.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4936: Oct 06, 2016 07:30:04 pm
      Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Left me with a nice warm feeling. Been ages since I seen a movie like that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4937: Oct 06, 2016 07:35:24 pm
      Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Left me with a nice warm feeling. Been ages since I seen a movie like that.

Gonna give it a go now, hope it's good!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #4938: Oct 06, 2016 08:26:36 pm
      Gonna give it a go now, hope it's good!

Not what I expected s@int and if I'm being honest I didn't think it was as good as all the good reviews said. Stuck with it for all it's simplicity.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4939: Oct 06, 2016 09:07:58 pm
      Not what I expected s@int and if I'm being honest I didn't think it was as good as all the good reviews said. Stuck with it for all it's simplicity.

About half way through it now mate. Starts brilliantly... pmsl for the first 20mins or so. Become a more predictable after the death, but still good. I've enjoyed it so far anyway.   
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4940: Oct 06, 2016 10:00:58 pm
      Enjoyed it mate, thanks for the recommendation
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #4941: Oct 09, 2016 10:39:41 pm
      Just watched 'Flight'. Excellent movie that I didn't think I'd like.

Denzel Washington doing what people love Denzel for.

Strongly recommend it if you've not seen it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4942: Oct 10, 2016 12:07:09 am
      Watched Black Mass again...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4943: Oct 12, 2016 09:02:25 pm
      Watched "The Girl on the Train" yesterday, really enjoyed it, and it certainly has a twist at the end.

If you have read the book, then the film is a good representation of it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4944: Oct 15, 2016 05:02:49 pm
      Watched "The Girl on the Train" yesterday, really enjoyed it, and it certainly has a twist at the end.

If you have read the book, then the film is a good representation of it.

Really can't wait to see it.

Quick Reply