Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699453 times
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Re: The Best Film You Have Seen Recently
      Reply #138: Nov 19, 2007 01:27:20 am
      Im gonna see "Remember the Titans" now... Cause I cant sleep, and Im kind of sad, and this film always cheer me up and makes me feel better.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #139: Nov 19, 2007 10:27:21 am
      American Gangster is well worth a trip to the cinema (or your PC! ;D) watched it the other day and enjoyed it immensely, I was never a big fan of Denzel but his acting alongside Russell Crowe is outstanding. For those who don’t know the film is based on the true story of Frank Lucas a black gangster from Harlem who had a novel way of getting his ‘Merchandise’ into the US. The cat and mouse action as Crowe who plays a policeman trying desperately to find evidence to jail Denzel is very well played out, so much so that you sometimes feel sorry for the gangster himself! The film also pulls no punches regarding the trading and taking of drugs. Sorry for going all Jonathon Ross but I think it is well worth a watch.
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #140: Nov 19, 2007 04:29:52 pm
      Watt...........Please dont be sad or you will make me sad, and I dont want to be sad today. So chin up and be Happy...........please xxxxxx
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #141: Nov 19, 2007 11:40:08 pm
      American Gangster is well worth a trip to the cinema (or your PC! ;D) watched it the other day and enjoyed it immensely, I was never a big fan of Denzel but his acting alongside Russell Crowe is outstanding. For those who don’t know the film is based on the true story of Frank Lucas a black gangster from Harlem who had a novel way of getting his ‘Merchandise’ into the US. The cat and mouse action as Crowe who plays a policeman trying desperately to find evidence to jail Denzel is very well played out, so much so that you sometimes feel sorry for the gangster himself! The film also pulls no punches regarding the trading and taking of drugs. Sorry for going all Jonathon Ross but I think it is well worth a watch.

Seen it on Friday Glenbuck and thought it was excellent. I had been looking forward to this for a while and it didn't dissappoint. Denzel and Russell were both excellent in the roles, which I was expecting as I'm  a big fan of both of them. I'd recommend this to anyone particularly if you are a fan of crime/ganster films like myself.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #142: Nov 22, 2007 09:36:37 pm
      Just want to plug again a movie called 'Into The Wild'.........fantastic....be st film of the year........true story directed by Sean Penn......love some reviews from anyone who has seen it.....
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #143: Nov 27, 2007 04:15:25 am
      Id like to see the new Disney movie, "Enchanted". Nicola, have you seen it?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #144: Dec 02, 2007 12:09:36 am
      M3? 300 is still the best yet.
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #145: Dec 04, 2007 11:39:56 pm

Im off to see it tomorrow but i do think Denzel is a legend actor though!
      My fav film so far this year has got to be Outlaw though and i still think Four Brothers is one of the best films i have seen in a while!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #146: Dec 25, 2007 12:36:31 pm
      Sexy Beast was on last night & I had been meaning to watch it for ages...just what i need last night chilling out after a nice Chinese.

Ray Winston & Ben K' both superb, although storyline a little far fetched ;)
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #147: Dec 26, 2007 01:38:59 pm
      See "Hitman" it was a good movie, action, alot of it.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #148: Dec 26, 2007 06:08:09 pm
      Watched I am Legend the other night and really enjoyed it, the lack of dialogue for long spells was really weird but the eerie sense of Will Smiths character being totally alone was created realistically as was the impression of nature taking over a now empty New York.
      Story may be a bit weak in places but for a good chill out and forget about things for a couple of hours then you won't go far wrong with this one, although the wife did cover her eyes at a couple of very well directed "scary" moments. :o
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #149: Dec 26, 2007 08:03:59 pm
      Sexy Beast was on last night & I had been meaning to watch it for ages...just what I need last night chilling out after a nice Chinese.

Ray Winston & Ben K' both superb, although storyline a little far fetched ;)

Amazing film! Ray Winstone's the fella! ;D

Watched I am Legend the other night and really enjoyed it, the lack of dialogue for long spells was really weird but the eerie sense of Will Smiths character being totally alone was created realistically as was the impression of nature taking over a now empty New York.
      Story may be a bit weak in places but for a good chill out and forget about things for a couple of hours then you won't go far wrong with this one, although the wife did cover her eyes at a couple of very well directed "scary" moments. :o

Dying to see that! Me mate went today but I was busy watching the match! 8)

Watched Transformers again lastnight! Well worth getting the dvd for all the extras! ;D
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #150: Dec 27, 2007 07:31:38 pm
      Transformers!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #151: Dec 28, 2007 03:36:20 pm
      Ray Winston also in a great film I saw last night for the first time...The Departed...got it for Christmas. Jack Nicholson at he's usual 'bad' best. Great storyline & cast.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #152: Dec 28, 2007 05:07:08 pm
      30 Days of Night is savage!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #153: Dec 29, 2007 05:21:33 pm
      Watched I am Legend the other night and really enjoyed it

Looking forward to downloading it going the pictures and spending about £30 on tickets, a drink and some popcorn later to see it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #154: Jan 02, 2008 06:51:58 pm
      Just saw Charlie Wilson's War.....not bad....Phillip Seymour Hoffman is awesome though....good little history lesson with a smattering of boobs thrown in...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #155: Jan 02, 2008 10:21:11 pm
      Watched Big Trouble in Little China the other night! 8) So cheesy and sh*te it's amazing! ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #156: Jan 03, 2008 02:31:40 pm
      If you like true crime films then have a watch of Rise of The Foot Soldier it follows a lad who starts out with the ICF following West Ham and leads through the drug and rave scene of the 90s in gangland Essex, the film basically goes through events that lead to the triple killing of three lads found shot dead in a range rover in Rettendon.(your told this at the start so its not a spoiler ;D)
      The film is gory but as its a true story its unavoidable, well worth a watch and it knocks Sean Beans attempt "Essex Boys" for six.

http://www.riseofthefootsoldier.co.uk/
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #157: Jan 03, 2008 02:46:00 pm
      I really wanna see I Am Legend it looks brilliant. I recently watched
      Knocked Up - Funny but not as funny as I expected
      Twin Town - Absolutely brilliant!! :D
      John Tucker Must Die - Girlie, chick flick but funny - a feel-good film :P
      and before Christmas I saw American Gangster which was more violent than I expected but really really good.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #158: Jan 03, 2008 08:30:49 pm
      John Tucker Must Die is great! I mean, I've never seen or heard about it :D

I'm watching The Great Debaters, pretty good. Can I post links to videos here?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #159: Jan 03, 2008 09:11:01 pm
      John Tucker Must Die is great! I mean, I've never seen or heard about it :D

I'm watching The Great Debaters, pretty good. Can I post links to videos here?

Course you can, no probs, unless they're footie ones and they've got their own thread  ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #160: Jan 03, 2008 10:13:02 pm
      Thanks for the recommendation Glenbuck. Will be checking that one out.

Just saw Rescue Dawn with Christian Bale....normally really like his work and always enjoy a Werner Hertzog movie but found this one a little dull and a bit like a TV version......the end is Camembert on a stick.

Quick Reply