Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NHL & other Ice Hockey

Read 149652 times
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Re: Ice Hockey
      Reply #115: Jan 04, 2010 06:30:24 pm
      St. Louis Blues fired their coach a couple of days ago, replaced him with the head coach of their feeder team. Peoria Rivermen. 1st period under this new coach and i was floored. Most physical/fast paced period of hockey I have seen the blues play in years. Check out this hit from Mike Weaver on Patrick Sharp. Mike Weaver is pretty small for a defenseman too. 5'9" and 189 lbs.

Mike Weaver hit on Patrick Sharp
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #116: Jan 04, 2010 08:02:39 pm
      Caught him going across the trolly tracks but it was dirty hit by pretty much with the jumping :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #117: Jan 04, 2010 08:06:19 pm
      Good hit that! A little dirty, but hey its hockey right? :D

Ducks have been horribly poor the last few games, think our run of four consecutive playoff appearances is gonna be coming to an end >:(
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #118: Jan 04, 2010 09:13:53 pm
      I think the guy in White clearly dived. The other bloke got the Puck! ::)
      MKR
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • in the crowd
      Reply #119: Jan 05, 2010 02:57:58 pm
      wow.  A hockey thread?  nice.

I'm from Toronto, so Lord knows i've watched some hockey in my days.

I myself am a Maple Leafs fan.... uhh.... so you won't hear much hockey trash talk from me anytime soon.

there was a stretch where we were putting some good matches together and were on a hot streak, unfortunately the team has come back down to reality of late.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #120: Jan 05, 2010 04:09:10 pm
      I myself am a Maple Leafs fan.... uhh.... so you won't hear much hockey trash talk from me anytime soon.

That makes two of us  :-\
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #121: Jan 05, 2010 04:14:20 pm
      Dont think I'll be able to stay up till 3am to watch the Wings-Ducks game :(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #122: Jan 05, 2010 08:29:49 pm
      Dont think I'll be able to stay up till 3am to watch the Wings-Ducks game :(

Go the Duuuccccckkkkss!!!!!!!!! ;D

Like you Maple Leaf fans though, don't have much trash talking i can do. Been a pretty average season so far, propping up the rest of the Pacific division.
      MKR
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • in the crowd
      Reply #123: Jan 05, 2010 09:06:24 pm
      At least Anaheim has a good young nucleus that was properly built through the draft.

Isn't is ironic that Brian Burke is now Toronto's general manager and the biggest move he makes involved trading multiple draft picks for Phil Kessel?  Don't get me wrong, Kessel is a great young player, but I shudder everytime I think about how crappy the Leafs are and how we don't even have the chance to add properly through the draft this year.

Maybe they can get hot again, go on a tear, and just squeek into the playoffs.  ha.  
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #124: Jan 05, 2010 09:36:47 pm
      :D That's what Anaheim did last season, so its possible!

Yeah, im excited by some of our players. But then theres the opposite under that where we have some real average players. Just not a cohesive unit really, especially defense. Really wish we held onto Prongs for one more season at least, but he wanted a big deal for his last contract and we couldn't give it to him.

Saw the Sharks play when i was in San Jose last week, hate to say it but they look damn good this year.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #125: Jan 05, 2010 10:06:01 pm
      Sharks always look good, until the playoffs :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #126: Jan 05, 2010 10:15:09 pm
      Sharks always look good, until the playoffs :D

And don't think that i haven't reminded my Sharks loving girlfriend that ;)

When we drove into the Honda Center to see the Ducks play, there was one of the little roads around it that said 'Stanley Cup Way' and i turned to her and said "Do the Sharks have a street like that? Oh wait... no, they don't huh" :laugh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #127: Jan 06, 2010 08:14:08 pm
      Just in case any of our Red Wings fans missed it, the Mighty Ducks beat yas 4-1 last night.

Was fantastic ;D
      Red Wings @ Ducks 1/5/10
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2010 08:29:14 pm by bigvYNWA »
      MKR
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • in the crowd
      Reply #128: Jan 06, 2010 09:01:57 pm
      If anyone is interested U.S.A won the world junior ice hockey championships yesterday.  I personally don't watch this tournament, but it's a HUGE deal for most Canadians.  They won 6-5 in overtime - pretty big win for the American program.  

I heard on the radio that Canada has won this tournament for like 500 years in a row or something (haha... slight exageration)

Also, Maple Leafs beat the Florida Panthers last night.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #129: Jan 06, 2010 09:55:57 pm
      Yeah, I heard about that while listening to the Ducks game - Honda Center crowd went wild. Great win, and means USA has gold in both U-17s and World Juniors. An unlikely gold in Vancouver would top of a fantastic year!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #130: Jan 06, 2010 11:34:33 pm
      2010 IIHF World Junior Hockey - Canada vs. USA , final overtime goal

Here is the OT winning goal, it was one of the best u20 games I have seen in a while. It had everything you want though the goaltenders for both teams were very poor. Which is why there were so many goals. USA deserve the win, their speed really hurt out defense which was slow, it was a great comeback by the Canadians who scored 2 goals in the last 4 minutes but it wasn't to be. Reality was we missed too many players because they were not released by the NHL clubs, last year top scored Hodgson was hurt, Kane, Duschene, Tavares, Stamkos, Wright, O'Reilly, Del Zotto, Myers were not released to play.

Just to clear things up we were on a 5 year winning streak which started in 2005 (best u20 team ever made) but it wasn't to be, we had a span of 5 wins from 92-96. The record is hold by the USSR which won 7 in a row back in the 70's.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #131: Jan 08, 2010 05:35:34 pm
      ^^ Canada deserved to win that, definitely. They dominated the USA from the off, and the USA got a couple of lucky breaks.

Watched the Canucks game last night (which they won 4-0 against Phoenix), and Burrows got a second successive hat-trick. First since 1986 I think?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #132: Jan 08, 2010 06:09:42 pm
      Yeah it was, Burrows is turning out to something other than a one season wonder, I remember when he played for Shawinigan in the QMJHL (u20 developmental league), never would of thought he could cut it at the NHL level but he did his time in the minor leagues and turn out to be a good player though is a little pesty SOB :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #133: Jan 19, 2010 08:53:27 am
      Sharks won 9-1 tonight :o
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #134: Jan 19, 2010 04:52:38 pm
      Good. I watched the first period then fell asleep when they were 3-0 up.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #135: Jan 19, 2010 07:23:47 pm
      Good. I watched the first period then fell asleep when they were 3-0 up.

Sharks fan? My girlfriend is from San Jose, so shes a big fan too. Makes things interesting when it comes to Ducks v. Sharks time for us :D Girls brother was at the game too, bloody good game to go to!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #136: Jan 23, 2010 02:52:03 pm

Sharks fan? My girlfriend is from San Jose, so shes a big fan too. Makes things interesting when it comes to Ducks v. Sharks time for us :D Girls brother was at the game too, bloody good game to go to!

Definitely not, just wanted to see the Flames get slaughtered.

Go Nux go!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #137: Jan 24, 2010 02:36:06 am

Definitely not, just wanted to see the Flames get slaughtered.

Go Nux go!

Ah, good :D

Ducks 2-0 down going into the third. Really need some points, come on Ducks!!!!

Quick Reply