Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

So What's On?

Read 2269 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      So What's On?
      Jul 12, 2009 08:37:19 am
      Mods: Please move this post if required as I can't find a suitable board for this @ 8.25 on a Sunday morning ;)

So me and my beautiful wife will be in the wonderful city of Liverpool for a long weekend starting 30th July as my birthday treat.  Apparently Emma (yorkie) has organised a surprise "event" for me in the city that has something to do with footy (if you have an idea what this may be please keep stum as I'm not allowed to ask ;);D, however in between doing this and going to Carra's restaurant on the Friday night we have little other planned. 

That's where you guys come into the mix, we are ideally looking for something to do on the 1st August (Saturday night) possibly a comedy club, theatre show etc or maybe a dinner cruise on the Mersey (I'm sure that's not just a thing down here) any idea's will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys!
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: So What's On?
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2009 09:53:43 pm
      Come on surely there is SOMETHING on that weekend????? or is Liverpool closed? ???
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2009 10:36:44 pm
      Latest News...

2 July – 31 August: Cecil Beaton Portraits (10am-5pm)
      The Walker Art Gallery is hosting a stunning exhibition of nearly 50 portraits by Cecil Beaton, one of the most famous photographers of the 20th century, captures the glamour and excitement of some of the world’s greatest celebrities.

3 – 31 July: Liverpool Summer Pops Festival (Various Times)
      Head down to the Echo Arena, over the next few weeks to see shows by The Australian Pink Floyd, N-Dubz, James Morrison, Beatles Day: The Concert, Mc Fly, Sharleen Spiteri – The Voice of Texas, Pet Shop Boys, Leonard Cohen, The Pogues and Squeeze / The Pretenders. For more info visit www.accliverpool.com 

3 July – 20 September: Whistler ‘The Gentle Art of Making Etchings’ (10am – 5pm)
      This fascinating exhibition gives remarkable insights into the etchings of American artist James McNeill Whistler, one of the greatest exponents of the art form at the Lady Lever Art Gallery featuring 35 exquisite works drawn from the University of Glasgow’s world-famous Whistler collection.

11 July – 6 September: Wirral Photo 08 (10am – 5pm)
      As part of Wirral’s contribution to Liverpool’s Capital of Culture year – the Williamson Art Gallery & Museum are hosting a unique exhibition of photographs of events in Wirral during 2008.

31 July - August 2 - Music On the Waterfront
      The Pier Head and Albert Docks will become Britain’s greatest FREE outdoor cultural venue for the first of a spectacular trilogy of ‘On the Waterfront’ events this summer. The weekend will open with the inspired, smash hit '08 concert The Rightful Owners of the Song' featuring the city's best pub singers backed by the Liverpool Philharmonic led by Vasily Petrenoko. For more info visit www.liverpool.gov.uk/culture

That's about all I can find Andy, but if you go to the tourist board office near Queens' Square, there will be loads of information available on events happening whilst your there.

Highlighted the one which may be of real interest to you.

Good luck and I hope you and Emma have a great time.

AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2009 01:56:39 pm
      Thanks Cas, the free music sounds good!

Quick Reply